The Halo: The Master Chief Collection wiki last edited by BIGJEFFREY on 08/30/14 04:44PM
View full history
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is an upcoming sci-fi first-person shooter compilation in development by 343 that will be published by Microsoft for the Xbox One on November 11, 2014.
The game includes enhanced versions of Halo: Combat Evolved (in similar vein to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Xbox 360), Halo 2 (dubbed "Halo 2 Anniverary", with the ability to change between classic and remastered graphics similar to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary), Halo 3, and Halo 4.
Each game in the collection will run at 1080p / 60fps with its original multiplayer engine on dedicated servers. It includes every multiplayer map from Halo 1-4; console, PC, and DLC. A brand new prologue and epilogue will be added prior to Halo: CE and after Halo 4's campaigns.
Halo CE: Anniversary:
- Same as 360 version but with instant graphic switching (there was delay on 360 version) and 1080p / 60fps
- Without Reach multiplayer).
- Original multiplayer is playable for the first time ever on Xbox Live.
Halo 2: Anniversary:
- Remastered campaign with toggle-able graphics,
- new CGI cutscenes for Halo 2's campaign
- New terminals that tease the plot of Halo 5 and are told from the point of view of The Arbiter.
- Completely unchanged multiplayer with all original 23 maps on original engine, plus 6 extra maps remastered by Certain Affinity that play on a new engine designed to mimic Halo 2's gameplay and are Forge-able.
Halo 3 & Halo 4:
- No "Anniversary" treatment for either, but both now run at 1080p / 60fps with improved lighting and shaders running dedicated servers
- Online campaign up to 4-players, Forge, Theater, and Spartan Ops. Both game ports are being handled by Ruffian.
The game includes all game modes and multiplayer maps of all four games, each played in their respective game engines and linked together in a single game interface (allowing full matchmaking and custom lobby access across every game without needing to switch between different games manually). The game will utilize the 1-50 Ranking System for multiplayer across all four games. There will be universal control schemes that work across all games as well as dedicated control schemes for each game. All campaign levels for co-operative play are unlocked from the start.
Owners of the game also have early access to a multiplayer beta for Halo 5: Guardians on December 27, 2014. Owners will also have access to the Halo: Nightfall live-action series via the Halo Channel, this live action show will introduce Oni's Agent Locke who will play a important role in Halo 5: Guardians.