The Halo: The Master Chief Collection wiki last edited by Nes on 11/22/14 07:32PM
View full history
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is an sci-fi first-person shooter compilation developed by 343 (with assistance by Saber, Certain Affinity, Ruffian, United Front, and Bungie) and published by Microsoft for the Xbox One on November 11, 2014.
The game includes enhanced "Anniversary" versions of Halo: Combat Evolved (similar to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Xbox 360) and Halo 2, as well as Halo 3 and Halo 4 (both upscaled to 1080p at 60 fps). All games are linked together through a single game interface (allowing full matchmaking and custom lobby access across every game without needing to switch between different games manually).
Developed as a tie-in to Halo 5: Guardians, the compilation features new prologue and epilogue cutscenes hinting at the game's story. Owners of the compilation will have early access to a multiplayer beta for the game on December 27, 2014, as well as access to the Halo: Nightfall live-action series via the Halo Channel.
All games in the collection, with the exception of the Halo 2 campaign, runs at 1080p / 60fps with their original multiplayer game engines on dedicated servers. It includes every multiplayer map from all four games (including the original DLC maps and PC port maps), each played in their respective game engines and linked together in a single game interface.
The game makes use of game playlists for both campaign and competitive multiplayer that makes use of all four games (with the competitive multiplayer portion including a ranking system), allowing players to switch between games in the same lobby.
There will be universal control schemes that work across all games as well as dedicated control schemes for each game. All campaign levels for co-operative play are unlocked from the start.
Halo CE: Anniversary
- Updated campaign by 343 Industries.
- Same as the Xbox 360 version, but with instant graphic switching (there was delay on 360 version) and 1080p / 60fps.
- Does not include the multiplayer maps included for Halo: Reach.
- Includes online multiplayer (for the original version only), playable on Xbox Live for the first time.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- Updated campaign by Saber Interactive, complete with remastered graphics, sound effects, and music.
- Quick switching between classic and remastered graphics, which are rendered in parallel (Campaign only).
- 1328x1080 resolution (a non standard aspect ratio) as a side effect of rendering everything twice.
- New CGI cutscenes for Halo 2's campaign (created by Blur Studio).
- New terminals that tease the plot of Halo 5: Guardians and are told from the point of view of The Arbiter.
- Includes online multiplayer on Xbox Live with both the original gameplay engine (with all 23 maps) and a new enhanced engine (with 6 remastered maps: Bloodline, Lockdown, Shrine, Stonetown, Warlord, and Zenith, along with new weapons, vehicles, and powerups).
- Forge mode for the six remastered maps (as well as three new Forge maps). Theater mode for Anniversary mode only.
Halo 3 & Halo 4
- Both game ports handled by Ruffian Games.
- No "Anniversary" treatment for either game, but both now run at 1080p / 60fps with improved lighting and shaders.
- Forge and Theater mode. Halo 4's Spartan Ops mode delayed until December.