The Halo 5: Guardians wiki last edited by BigJeffrey on 04/28/15 09:34PM
View full history
Revealed at Microsoft's E3 2013 Media Briefing, Halo 5: Guardians is a sci-fi first-person shooter developed by 343 Industries and published by Microsoft Studios, set to release on October 27. 2015 on the Xbox One. The game is the 5th installment in the Halo series, the mainline games, continuing the the journey of Master Chief Petty Officer John-117. This will be the first true Halo game developed from the ground up for Microsoft's Xbox One console. Halo 5: Guardians will be powered by a brand new in-house engine, built for the Xbox One.
The game's campaign will be set post Halo 4. We will see the debut of Office of Naval Intelligence's Agent Jameson Locke who will play a important role in the game, he will be a playable character in Halo 5: Guardian's campaign.
Much of the core Halo gameplay is still intact with new abilities available to players.
As seen is past Halo game such as Halo: Reach and Halo 4, Spartan abilities make a return to the Halo sandbox but this time not tied to a loadout. In Halo 5: Guardians all Mjolnir GEN2 are equipped with these abilities making them available to all players.
- Thruster Pack - The integration of a thruster pack solution offers much more dynamic mobility, including bursting in any given direction with a low recharge requirement after use.
- Ground Pound - Used to launch down toward the ground from an elevated position and deliver a devastating blow to the ground and any opponents around. Is activated when jumping off a elevated position and holding melee from a brief period.
- Clamber - A ability in the Spartan's agility arsenal. Clambering allows Spartans to climb up ledges normally out of reach.
- Slide - Mjolnir GEN2's upgraded joints actuators allow Spartans to move fluidly through the environment, even coming to a sudden sliding stop in order to dodge or evade incoming fire.
- Charge - A charge that uses Mjolnir GEN2's thurster pack, activated when a player builds up speed while sprinting and pressing the melee button.
- Smart Scope - Included in every weapon, smart scope gives players a more clear line of sight.
- Sprint - Now Spartan sprinting is standard, but this time tied a Spartan's shields. If a Spartan's shields are low, when sprinting they do not recharge.
Included in the beta will be a small taste of weapons in the Halo 5 sandbox. These are the confirmed weapons so far.
- Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) - A mid to long range single shot rifle. Can take out a fully shielded Spartan with 4 shots to the head .
- BR55 Battle Rifle - A mid to long range 3 shot burst rifle.
- Shotgun - Close quarters combat weapon.
- Hydra - A new multi-shot rocket launcher, when using Smart Scope rockets can lock on to enemies.
- MA5 Series Assault Rifle - A assault rifle that fire off a immediate rifle clip, this time a Smart Scope zoom is now present giving players a much clearer line of sight.
- Sub Machine Gun - A compact automatic machine gun, the Smart Scope ability makes the spread tighter.
- Sniper Rifle - Power weapon, the UNSC sniper rifle returns, appears as it did in Halo 4.
- Rocket Launcher - Power weapon returns.
- Energy Sword - The power weapon makes a return this time with the name "Prophet's Bane", this is the sword that belongs to The Arbiter.
Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
At E3 2014, 343 Industries revealed that Halo 5: Guardians would be receiving a multiplayer beta. Access to the beta is included in Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The initial teaser revealed the multiplayer as a "next generation arena multiplayer". The beta ran through December 29, 2014 to January 22, 2015. The multiplayer beta focued on
- Tight 4 vs 4 gameplay
- Small map sizes
- No customized load outs, everyone one on equal footing
- 7 Maps
- Team Weapon / Map Control
- Spartan armor customizations
Limited Collector's Edition