The Halo 5: Guardians wiki last edited by BigJeffrey on 01/15/15 12:43AM
View full history
Revealed at Microsoft's E3 2013 Media Briefing, Halo 5 is the next mainline Halo game in the journey of Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 set for release on the Xbox One in the Fall of 2015. Halo 5: Guardians will be powered by a brand new engine running at 60 fps on the Xbox One. The game's campaign will be set post Halo 4. We will also see the debut of Office of Naval Intelligence's Agent Jameson Locke who will play a important role in the game, Agent Locke will also be a playable character in Halo 5: Guardian's campaign.
Set after the events of Halo 4, the colony worlds have been attacked unexpectedly but The Master Chief has disappeared and is no where to be found. Agent Locke is tasked to help find and bring Spartan 117 back home to the UNSC.
As seen is past Halo game such as Halo: Reach and Halo 4, Spartan abilities make a return to the Halo sandbox but this time not tied to a loadout. In Halo 5: Guardians all Mjolnir GEN2 Spartans are equipped with these abilities making them available to all players.
- Thruster Pack - The integration of a thruster pack solution offers much more dynamic mobility, including bursting in any given direction with a low recharge requirement after use.
- Ground Pound - Used to launch down toward the ground from an elevated position and deliver a devastating blow to the ground and any opponents around. Is activated when jumping off a elevated position and holding melee from a brief period.
- Clamber - A ability in the Spartan's agility arsenal. clambering allows Spartans to climb up ledges normally out of reach.
- Slide - Mjolnir GEN2's upgraded joints actuators allow Spartans to move fluidly through the environment, even coming to a sudden sliding stop in order to dodge or evade incoming fire.
- Charge - A charge that uses Mjolnir GEN2's thurster pack, activated when a player builds up speed while sprinting and pressing the melee button.
- Smart Scope - Another name for Aim Down Sights, every weapon will now included a Smart Scope ability.
- Sprint - Now Spartan sprinting is standard, but this time tied a Spartan's shields. If a Spartan's shields are low now when sprinting they do not recharge.
Included in the beta will be a small taste of weapons in the Halo 5 sandbox. These are the confirmed weapons so far.
- Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) - A mid to long range single shot rifle. Can take out a fully shielded Spartan with 4 shots to the head .
- BR55 Battle Rifle - A mid to long range 3 shot burst rifle.
- Hydra - A multi-shot rocket launcher, when using Smart Scope rockets can lock on to enemies.
- MA5 Series Assault Rifle - A assault rifle that fire off a immediate rifle clip, this time a Smart Scope zoom is now present giving players a much clearer line of sight.
- Sub Machine Gun - A compact automatic machine gun, the Smart Scope ability makes the spread tighter.
- Sniper Rifle - Appears the same as Halo 4.
- Rocket Launcher - Appears the same as Halo 4. A launcher of Rockets, the power weapon makes a return. The design has been altered significantly.
- Energy Sword - The power weapon makes a return this time with the name "Prophet's Bane", the sword that belongs to The Arbiter.
In the multiplayer beta there will be a total of 7 multiplayer maps. One multiplayer map has been identified as a remake of fan favorite Midship knows as Truth in Halo 5. Confirmed maps thus far.
- A standard edition of the game.
- The Limited Edition of Halo 5: Guardians delivers new digital content to enhance Spartan combat plus exclusive items all wrapped in a uniquely designed steel book.
Limited Collector's Edition
- A premium edition of Halo 5: Guardians for collectors and Halo fans alike. The Limited Collector's Edition contains the Limited Edition as well as additional content including commemorative, numbered statue designed by 343 Industries.
Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
At E3 2014, 343 Industries revealed that Halo 5: Guardians would be receiving a multiplayer beta. Access to the beta is included in Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The initial teaser revealed the multiplayer as a "next generation arena multiplayer".
The beta began December 29, 2014 and ended on January 22, 2015.
The multiplayer beta will focus on
- Tight 4 vs 4 gameplay
- Small map sizes
- No customized load outs, everyone one on equal footing
- Include 7 Maps
- Team Weapon / Map Control
- Spartan armor customizations