I love Ice-T. Actually, I think I like the idea of Ice-T more than Ice-T's music these days. Though he's certainly great on SVU. And his appearance in Pimps Up, Hoes Down is a pivotal moment that taught me everything I need to know about running a business, provided that business is the sale of hand grenades.
And now there's one more reason to love Ice-T--dude is pro-Prestige. In an interview with In the Box, Ice-T lays down what music he's currently into and stakes his claim as a serious Call of Duty 4 player. He even gives out his gamertag, LORD 187X. Which is a great name.
But first, here's the video. If you aren't interested in seeing Ice-T's views on music and how he "keeps it one-hundred," skip ahead to around 2:40.
There is cursing in this video, by the way. Maybe I should have said that before. Ice and I share the same world view when it comes to the COD4 prestige system. On the topic, he says "All you pussies who won't hit the prestige button, eat a dick." Truer words have never been spoken, sir.
Someone get this man in a studio and make him record the end credits to IW4/COD6 already!
Taking a look at the man's Xbox 360 profile gives a revealing look at Ice-T's gaming habits. Here are some helpful Ice-T facts!
- Ice-T appeared as an unlockable character in UFC: Tapout.
- Ice-T has played Too Human (only one acheivement, though).
- Ice-T has defeated Razor Callahan, as he has the full thousand in Need For Speed Most Wanted.
- Ice-T is the head of the SMG clan. Xzibit is also in the clan. In my mind, Xzibit makes the ghetto bird noise every time someone calls in a helicopter.
- I spent an entire summer listening to Ice-T's The Iceberg/Freedom of Speech...Just Watch What You Say when I was in high school.
I think this obviously leads to another battleground for an Ice-T/Soulja Boy showdown. Perhaps they could go at it in this week's Xbox Live Arcade release, Duke Nukem 3D? It's a first-person shooter (which is right up LORD 187X's alley) and its new time-rewinding feature means that Soulja Boy can continue talking about how he don't never run out of that going back in time potion. The winner of that could go on to whoop Michael Phelps' ass at Call of Duty: World at War.