Ryan yelling at AC3 Peeps on twitter

• 156 results
#1 Posted by TheLastNeo (443 posts) -

HAH.. I lol'd at this.

#2 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3903 posts) -

I see somebody missed the 'PR 101' class.

#3 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

How could Ryan have missed the chance to call him "pal"

Damn it.

#4 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

How deliciously condescending.

Let's hope this bitchmade PR rep's bosses see that tweet's audience and the fact that AC3 was supposed to be showcased on TNT in an hour.

#5 Posted by HatKing (6021 posts) -

Wow, does whoever posted that know who Ryan is? Regardless that came off condescending as fuck. Good on Ryan for being a dick back to him.

#6 Posted by Pie (7108 posts) -
#7 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

How could Ryan have missed the chance to call him "pal" Damn it.
#8 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -

Dude or lady was clearly having a bad day, wow. Broken launches really shouldn't be excusable; paying $60 for a product and having it be partly unusable isn't ok.

#9 Posted by Jams (2962 posts) -

@HatKing said:

Wow, does whoever posted that know who Ryan is? Regardless that came off condescending as fuck. Good on Ryan for being a dick back to him.

They do now

http://twitter.com/taswell

#10 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -
#11 Posted by TheLastNeo (443 posts) -

@Chuggsy said:

Dude or lady was clearly having a bad day, wow. Broken launches really shouldn't be excusable; paying $60 for a product and having it be partly unusable isn't ok.

Word, Considering How HARD they've been advertising this game. I dont get how this is always an issue for every game that has multiplayer.

#12 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5706 posts) -

Hurray for not having a 360

#13 Posted by AlexW00d (6302 posts) -

Of course there's a goddamn thread about this.

#14 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I prefer my PR with a lil pizzazz

#15 Posted by big_jon (5741 posts) -

I think people are taking this a little too cereal.

#16 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

This "buddy" will probably hear from his boss. Because he is responding in a condescending matter to a customer, but moreso for not (at the very least) doing a tiny check on the number of followers someone has before calling them buddy.

#17 Edited by DeathbyYeti (749 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

Of course there's a goddamn thread about this.

This. Also I add nothing to conversations!

#18 Posted by MiniPato (2742 posts) -

One star!

#19 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3903 posts) -
@TheHumanDove

Keep your pi. Zzazz is enough for me.
#20 Posted by Pie (7108 posts) -

@big_jon said:

I think people are taking this a little too cereal.

Yes

#21 Posted by MiniPato (2742 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@TheHumanDove

Keep your pi. Zzazz is enough for me.

Keep your pi and zz, I'm an azz man.

#22 Edited by TruthTellah (9307 posts) -

@TheLastNeo: heh. Ryan was pretty understanding.

@taswell @assassinscreed launch week is stressful. I get that. If you're the social media face, though, you gotta be more deferential! Even to jerks.

#23 Posted by chilibean_3 (1657 posts) -

Fuck Ryan Davis

#24 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Ryan should send that guy one of these as a parting gift when he gets fired

#25 Posted by takayamasama (441 posts) -

@big_jon: Assassin's Creed has a cereal line now?

Man, what I wouldn't give for a bowl of Ezi-Oooooos.

#26 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Social media faux-pas or not, at least this isn't as bad as Diablo III's launch week.

#27 Posted by RazielCuts (2972 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash: lol, I don't know what to feel more chills about. The fact at first AC twitter called him 'buddy' when they thought he was just a regular joe or then the desperate backtrack of 'oh..hey..sorry, game reviewer *gulp*...say hello to the wife and kids for me'

#28 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (1481 posts) -

The servers are apparently back down again. I hope Need for Speed online is working! Also I hope they have another back up game!

I was kind of shocked they responded to Ryan at all. Most PR twitter accounts just completely ignore everything negative.

#29 Posted by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

Some of you guys say 'do they know who he is?' like they should... he's just another dude writing about video games on the internet

#30 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

The guy said he was sorry, give him a break, his job is probably to answer people bashing their game 24/7.

#31 Posted by gaminghooligan (1462 posts) -

wish this was about all the crazy bugs in the single-player lol, I'm surprised he got a response

#32 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Funkydupe said:

The guy said he was sorry, give him a break, his job is probably to answer people bashing their game 24/7.

Then why did he answer? Most of those accounts ignore stuff like that. So most likely he knew who Ryan was or something like that. 
#33 Posted by razgriz417 (23 posts) -

Hope it's up for TNT lol

#34 Posted by CookieMonster (2423 posts) -

Could someone explain the fuck ryan davis stuff? I haven't been on the 'bomb for a while.

#35 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

Exactly. It's his job. Dude shouldn't be paid to be unprofessional.

#36 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

@Ravenlight: You've never made a mistake? Impressive!

#37 Edited by alternate (2715 posts) -

If the PR knew who Ryan was then I think it is cool. Ryan has called ppl a lot worse on twitter.

If he/she didn't know then it is pretty bad. Even if a customer is being a dick then your job is just to apologise. The sad thing is that this is the job they usually give to interns and junior staffers, hope they take it easy on them.

#38 Posted by jakob187 (21690 posts) -

Looks like Ryan throwing rocks at someone while they mow the lawn...while AC3 seems to be throwing rocks at Ryan while he mows the lawn.

#39 Posted by project343 (2833 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

My thoughts exactly. Game has had a rough launch and I'm sure his job hasn't been easy over this past couple days. I actually prefer talking to humans who have flaws than PR/customer service robots.

#40 Posted by CircleNine (381 posts) -

@Chuggsy said:

Wouldn't you constant be having an awful day if you were a PR person for a video game company and needing to deal with obnoxious and whiny nerds all day every day?

#41 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

I had the same attitude to the doctor who made a mistake by not outting my preamturely born son in an incubator ;P

#42 Edited by handlas (2698 posts) -

at least he got an answer. A bit of connectivity issues on the MP of Assassin's Creed. A game most people get for singeplayer. Not a huge deal imo... still bad tho. XCOM, a game you get for singleplayer. Completley busted. Still no answer to my problems and many others. I'd love even a condescending response!

#43 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -
#44 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1817 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

His job is be the face of the company on the internet/twitter. He, of all the individuals that wanted and could have done the job, was chosen for being able to respond to people online without giving the company a bad image or (especially) getting upset at people who review their games.

The guy was fired. No question. His entire job description was to not make slip-ups like that.

#45 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1730 posts) -
@Zetetic_Elench said:

@Chuggsy said:

Wouldn't you constant be having an awful day if you were a PR person for a video game company and needing to deal with obnoxious and whiny nerds all day every day?

fucking nerds amirite 
#46 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -

@CookieMonster: its a T shirt they made

#47 Posted by Bane122 (799 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

It's not just a mistake, though. For a PR person, being a dick is the exact opposite of their job, it's like a security guard stealing something from their post.

And to those saying people are taking this too seriously, why did the AC feed delete those tweets? If it was just a joke or no big deal surely they would have left them alone, right?

#48 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4417 posts) -

Someone is going to take all of that seriously

#49 Posted by yakov456 (1917 posts) -

Psn is slow as hell right now. Good luck on your fallback Ryan.

#50 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

#nerds gonna nerd!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.