Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Aug 21, 2007

Venture into the mysterious, Utopian underwater city of Rapture and discover what has turned it into ruin in this first-person epic.

Oh snap!

• 115 results
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AaronBelfast

Seriously, 2K really think I'm going to pay more for a inferior game when I get the better version alot cheaper...

PS3
    PS3

Thanks but no thanks 2K, you can keep your half assed port.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have a hard time accepting the veracity of these screenshots. 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

It took me a minute or two to actually see the ridiculous differences. At first glance the PS3 looks slightly better in terms of lighting and shit, but man it's totally washed out and the textures are absolute ass!

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AaronBelfast
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brukaoru

Guess I'll be getting the 360 version. I was going to go with the PS3 version if they had the same limited edition because I want the Big Daddy figurine. I guess I'll be trying eBay.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb

Hmmm obviously a quick glance at those screens says that the 360 version is a mile-better... but they're not exactly the best photos to begin with are they?

When playing the demo the game looked awesome. But then I've never experienced it on the 360 so I can't comment.

Did you take these screens yourself or did you get them elsewhere?

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AaronBelfast
    get2sammyb said:
    "Hmmm obviously a quick glance at those screens says that the 360 version is a mile-better... but they're not exactly the best photos to begin with are they?

When playing the demo the game looked awesome. But then I've never experienced it on the 360 so I can't comment.

Did you take these screens yourself or did you get them elsewhere?"
    Elsewhere. It's been proven as others have tried out the PS3 demo and done comparisons.
    Max_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Max_Chill

WTF!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!! .......its..........its............RAW square ps1 quality Pixels on the ps3 version. wow. thats pretty SAD

and its not fake, go play the ps3 demo, it looks exactly like that 

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26619695&page=3
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AaronBelfast
    Max_Chill said:
    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26619695&page=3
    "
    Just saw that thread, their going crazy. Well, that's SW for you.
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Coltonio7

=/ even less of a reason to get it.

I like the Bioshock theme for PS3 though =D

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By kush

Well I was never really for this port, but thought it was good to get this game to the biggest possible audience...but if it's just going to be a half-ass port, why bother? ...plus @AaronBelfast: your new avatar reminds me of those old Flintstones ice cream sticks.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Karmum

I love how people begin to say how its the console's fault, yet, it is probably just lazy developers who didn't take the time to make the textures look somewhat decent.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

It's PS3.  Paperweights do this kind of thing.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AaronBelfast
    Kush said:
    @AaronBelfast: your new avatar reminds me of those old Flintstones ice cream sticks."
      I changed it to blend in with the green Online Now function. I may change my allignment to Microsoft, just to even things out.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jakob187
    Karmum said:
    "I love how people begin to say how its the console's fault, yet, it is probably just lazy developers who didn't take the time to make the textures look somewhat decent."
    Ken Levine and crew?  Lazy?  Seriously?
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kush
    Karmum said:
    "I love how people begin to say how its the console's fault, yet, it is probably just lazy developers who didn't take the time to make the textures look somewhat decent."
    People always like to blame the easy target. It's true that it has nothing to do with the system and is purely because of the developer. It could be because the PS3 is said to be a difficult machine to work with, but that isn't really a good excuse.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187
    Kush said:
    "Karmum said:
    People always like to blame the easy target. It's true that it has nothing to do with the system and is purely because of the developer. It could be because the PS3 is said to be a difficult machine to work with, but that isn't really a good excuse for anyone but PS3 owners because of their inability to face the fact that they bought a big black paperweight."
    FIXED  XD
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karmum
    jakob187 said:
    "Kush said:
    "Karmum said:
    People always like to blame the easy target. It's true that it has nothing to do with the system and is purely because of the developer. It could be because the PS3 is said to be a difficult machine to work with, but that isn't really a good excuse for anyone but PS3 owners because of their inability to face the fact that they bought a big black paperweight."
    FIXED  XD"
    Contrary to belief, I don't see how the PS3 is a 'paperweight.' If anything, I'd consider the 360 to be a paperweight. Hell, there is a good chance your 360 will RROD. I'm not hoping that for my 360, though. :(

By the way, that is the definition of a paperweight. Something that is not working.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187
    Karmum said:
    "By the way, that is the definition of a paperweight. Something that is not working."
    With the lack of worthwhile games on the PS3...I don't see how ANYONE'S is actually "working".
    buh-duh-ching

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really, guys?  Really?  We're going to start a console war over this?

Neither of the two are paperweights.  There shouldn't be anymore discussion about it than that.

On the note of the textures--if it is real, and these shots are indicative of the final product, there is some serious hell to be paid for the programmers on 2K's PS3 front.  This is unacceptable. 

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gizmo
    AaronBelfast said:
    "Seriously, 2K really think I'm going to pay more for a inferior game when I get the better version alot cheaper...

PS3
    PS3

Thanks but no thanks 2K, you can keep your half assed port.

"
    WOW.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Karmum
    jakob187 said:
    "Karmum said:
    "By the way, that is the definition of a paperweight. Something that is not working."
    With the lack of worthwhile games on the PS3...I don't see how ANYONE'S is actually "working".
    buh-duh-ching
    "
    Hot damn, you must be right. With some exclusives such as MGS4, Motorstorm, the original Resistance, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, R&C Tools of Destruction, Wipeout HD, etc. and multiplatform games such as COD4, Rock Band, GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, The Orange Box, I suppose there are no games, or lack there of. And upcoming games such as Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy 13 (which is multiplat, too), just to name a few. There are definitely no games out on the market, or any in the near future.

I should have known, great spin though.

Edit - I'm going to stop here though, because I have a feeling this will go much farther than I wanted it to be.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jayge_
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "Really, guys?  Really?  We're going to start a console war over this?

Neither of the two are paperweights.  There shouldn't be anymore discussion about it than that.

On the note of the textures--if it is real, and these shots are indicative of the final product, there is some serious hell to be paid for the programmers on 2K's PS3 front.  This is unacceptable. "
    Jakob trolls. That's a given.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pause422

Its main reason has been stated time and time again, the Unreal Engine 3 just doesn't work as well on the PS3, that and it for the most part yes of course was just a port, if it was built from the ground up again for that system specifically(not that they would care about taking that kind of time on a game already released a year ago) it would definitely look a bit more polished but still not quite as good just cuz of UE3. The rabid xbots can bitch and moan spewing their bullshit saying its only the system, but they just make theirselves look bad and completely retarded at this point.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jakob187
    Jayge said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "Really, guys?  Really?  We're going to start a console war over this?

On the note of the textures--if it is real, and these shots are indicative of the final product, there is some serious hell to be paid for the programmers on 2K's PS3 front.  This is unacceptable. "
    Jakob trolls. That's a given."
    You guys are too easy sometimes, and there's shit else to do when you gotta sit back and watch kids play video games all day at work.  Little fuckin' bastards teasing me with the shit.  lol

Honestly, it's fucked up that this has to be happening, especially to one of the better examples of outside-Epic UE3 usage.
    BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

That sucks ass, I was going to repurchase this game had it been a superior version. I was looking for another excuse to replay it, but if that picture really is indicative of the final product I'd be better off saving 50 bucks and sticking with the 360 version.

This gif was posted in that thread that was linked a few posts up; it looks as though there's a blur effect applied over the textures in the PS3 version.

http://i34.tinypic.com/20ssrwo.gif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    "That sucks ass, I was going to repurchase this game had it been a superior version. I was looking for another excuse to replay it, but if that picture really is indicative of the final product I'd be better off saving 50 bucks and sticking with the 360 version.

This gif was posted in that thread that was linked a few posts up; it looks as though there's a blur effect applied over the textures in the PS3 version.

http://i34.tinypic.com/20ssrwo.gif"
    I don't catch your point Biff.  Are you saying someone modified the pictures to make them look bad? 
    MvmntInGrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MvmntInGrn

Way out of hand here like other forums.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/20081004#1223141168
    same textures + blur, the big daddy texture is an exception. They are looking into it.

ALSO!!! The Community Manager NEVER said anything negative other than this not their idea of quality either and so they are looking into it.  Way too much negativity over a texture.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PufferFiz
    AaronBelfast said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "I have a hard time accepting the veracity of these screenshots. "
    2K Community Manager admits it's a half assed port"

Hey guys,

First, I want to thank you for the acute attention to detail and the Spartan level of expectation our most devoted BioShock fans hold us to, and how excited you are and attentive to the BioShock PS3 demo. When we saw a post asking about issues found in the demo, we jumped on it immediately. And you know what, you're right. The texture in the PS3 demo of the downed Big Daddy does not match our level of quality either. This slipped by. We admit it. However, I want to assure you that this is an exception, and not a rule, and while I regret this oversight, we put a lot of love into making this game look amazing for the PS3 and I'm sure that when you play the rest of the demo you will agree that the textures are not all like this one instance.

As for the other issues and concerns, we are currently diligently working to replicate any bugs, and will report back to you with what we find. Thank you for your vigilance here and moving forward.
    Randor650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Randor650

I do wonder though, was the 360 pic taken from the demo or the finished product? As the PS3 demo appears to be identical to the 360 it would stand to reason that the demo was ported just as the game is ported so there is a possibility that the full release may be better As I would assume the 360 pics would be taken from the more readily full version. Just a thought before people get carried away.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It looks like the PS3s' Big Daddy got Pixel Junk all over him. (Pun shamelessly intended)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorillawhat said:
    "It looks like the PS3s' Big Daddy got Pixel Junk all over him. (Pun shamelessly intended)"
    You are a terrible human being.  :-p
    espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By espoac

This is all really absurd. There's one bad texture in the corner of a room in the game's demo. Not the finished product, the freaking demo.  And people are all up in arms saying 2K's trying to screw us over or even better "it's teh PS3's fault".  Get over it and stop over-reacting.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CactusWolf
    espoac said:
    "This is all really absurd. There's one bad texture in the corner of a room in the game's demo. Not the finished product, the freaking demo.  And people are all up in arms saying 2K's trying to screw us over or even better "it's teh PS3's fault".  Get over it and stop over-reacting."
    I've got to agree with this. I'll reserve my judgments for when the game is released.
    John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By John

Are they charging 60$ for it? I hope not.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jayge_
    espoac said:
    "This is all really absurd. There's one bad texture in the corner of a room in the game's demo. Not the finished product, the freaking demo.  And people are all up in arms saying 2K's trying to screw us over or even better "it's teh PS3's fault".  Get over it and stop over-reacting."
    I don't know if you've actually played it or not, but I checked it out today (my brother's friend left his PS3 at my house). The textures are generally downgraded, the game has this weird-ass blur effect on it, and it overall just feels strange compared to the 360 version. They're not overreacting. It is definitely inferior.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

That's inexcusable.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jakob187
    Jayge said:
    "I don't know if you've actually played it or not, but I checked it out today (my brother's friend left his PS3 at my house)."
    Convenient.
    "The textures are generally downgraded"
    Like the screenshots implied already...
    "the game has this weird-ass blur effect on it"
    Like Biff already showed us...

Hrmmm.......
    Kainous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kainous

This is the first time I post on these forums. And the first time I actually open this website. I am not really a guy who posts in forums anyway. But some of the comments in this thread.... have forced me to come and speak out.

In those images the textures on the PS3 version are worse. I admit. In a way it has a look the 360 does not have. And in a way the 360 version has a look that the PS3 version does not have.
    They are different just as humans are different. Accept the differences instead of insulting.

I am a gamer. I love and respect all games and all consoles. And anyone who insults any of the consoles has shown me he does not have a gamer's spirit! Those of you who insult a particular console are a shame to all gamers.

You people are the paperweights! You people are the red rings of death!

Shame on you. (Not referring to any respected member of this forum. Only to those who refuse to have manners. Those who find it a habit to disrespect)

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    "That sucks ass, I was going to repurchase this game had it been a superior version. I was looking for another excuse to replay it, but if that picture really is indicative of the final product I'd be better off saving 50 bucks and sticking with the 360 version.

http://i34.tinypic.com/20ssrwo.gif"
    I don't catch your point Biff.  Are you saying someone modified the pictures to make them look bad? "

No, I'm saying the PS3 version looks like the 360 version with an odd blur effect added.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jayge_
    jakob187 said:
    "Jayge said:
    "I don't know if you've actually played it or not, but I checked it out today (my brother's friend left his PS3 at my house)."
    Convenient.
    "The textures are generally downgraded"
    Like the screenshots implied already...
    "the game has this weird-ass blur effect on it"
    Like Biff already showed us...

Hrmmm.......
    "
    Implying that I haven't played it? I wanted to see for myself after all the shit that was getting thrown around. And there definitely is a PS3 in my house right now. I hear The Force Unleashed being played for like 4 hours straight every day now. My little brothers are obsessed.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By brukaoru

Darn eBay over $100 for LE prices, and bidding making it go further up. Amazon has them for $200.. Argh! I might cave, I want  a Big Daddy figurine badly.

Jayge, that really is a bummer that it's that much worse. I mean, a few textures here and there being worse isn't too bad, but it sounds like it's inferior in a lot of places.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By zitosilva

But is it really something noticebla as you play the game? I never played the 360 version, so I don't know how it looked originaly. But I jut played the demo and I thought it looked fantastic. I didn't notice any pixelated objects or nothing. And I did pay a lot of attention to the scenery, 'cause this game is beautiful.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brukaoru said:
    "Darn eBay over $100 for LE prices, and bidding making it go further up. Amazon has them for $200.. Argh! I might cave, I want  a Big Daddy figurine badly.

Jayge, that really is a bummer that it's that much worse. I mean, a few textures here and there being worse isn't too bad, but it sounds like it's inferior in a lot of places."
    $200 dollars for LE of Bioshock??? Do people not understand the logic of going to Gamestop and getting it for a not scam price?
    Max_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Max_Chill

da da da DOWNgrade

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By brukaoru
    Gorillawhat said:
    "$200 dollars for LE of Bioshock??? Do people not understand the logic of going to Gamestop and getting it for a not scam price?"
    Let me know where you can find a Big Daddy figurine at GameStop!
    Foshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Foshi

Photo is not accurate. 360 image is from the PC version. PC version was using a 360 controller.

4D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By 4D
    Foshi said:
    "Photo is not accurate. 360 image is from the PC version."
    360 image got the 360 A button
    Madis007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Madis007

This is PC version

Xbox 360 version is PC version
    You can see only Xbox 360 controller but this is pc version

http://www.n4g.com/News-209827.aspx

The Japanese analyst Hatena has done the comparison between the 2 versions of Bioshock. See the screenshots to see how the 2 versions fare against each other

Updates:
    NOTE :- The previous screenshot from Beyond3d in this thread http://www.n4g.com/News-209801.aspx is FAKE !!. It was actually from a PC version with an x360 controller.

According to Hatena PS3 version has better/darker colours but aliasing issues. Both versions are confirmed to run ta 720p,30 fps . Both versions look equally good according to Hatena's estimates

This is what Hatena is reporting:-

"
    (10 / 5 10:00 Addendum

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1223727&postcount=153 http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1223727&postcount=153

B3D? BIGGER B3D of the mosaic-like texture to the PS3 version alone has not been confirmed because of what I tried.

http://yoda.dip.jp/Game/BioShock/BioShockDemo_24_360.png http://yoda.dip.jp/Game/BioShock/BioShockDemo_24_360.png

http://yoda.dip.jp/Game/BioShock/BioShockDemo_24_PS3.png http://yoda.dip.jp/Game/BioShock/BioShockDemo_24_PS3.png

The mosaic is certainly BIGGER. Paste the delay, rather than waiting, even if KAWARIMASEN.

"
    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fd.hatena.ne.jp%2Fyoda-dip-jp%2F20081004%231223141168&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en

Please be advised that the game was PORTED to PS3 from x360. It runs on Unreal Engine 3 which often has compatibility issues with PS3. The test was done with Full RGB settings on PS3. Enlarge the images to see minute differences if any

Unreal Engine 3 is better on PS3 and PC then Xbox 360

Madis007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Madis007
    4D said:
    "Foshi said:
    "Photo is not accurate. 360 image is from the PC version."
    360 image got the 360 A button"
    This is PC version with Xbox 360 controller

1)Xbox 360 Dosen't support AA
    2)Very High settings Xbox 360?No.Xbox 360 version is medium settings
    3)Xbox 360 version is better then Playstation 3 version?No.
    2kgames said: PS3 version is much better then Xbox 360 version and PS3 version have EXCLUSIVE DLC

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.