Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

GiantBomb Corp.

LCadejoNegro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LCadejoNegro

Hi, i have been following the crew since the good old HotSpot days, just never posted. I have been wating to play this game since its release, but i just dont want to go in alone. So does anyone want to create GiantBomb Corp.? I think it would be awesome to play with the community of this awesome site, well atleast much better then playing alone...lol. This needs to happen, and if it does, then GiantBomb Corp., (or what ever the name maybe) has one member. But if not, and anyone just wants to play then please email me at moises319@gmail.com, or just pm i guess. So yeah, what do you guys think?

Ps. I played WoW for a week and got bored...lol
    Pss. Sorry for my inglsih, im not a native speaker...NICA 4 LIFE!!..lol

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Carlos1408

I'll Join when I get the game, if I get it!!!
    but yea this sounds cool!

P.S.: I've been following the crew too for a long time and never really posted anything then, i kind of do now lol :P

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm thinking about giving this game a shot, and if I get into it, I'd be up for a GB corp. Although it should be called LuchaCorp.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Driadon

It's great to see some people thinking about giving this a go. As much as I'd love for there to be a Giant Bomb corp, when it comes to corps it's better to join one that is more oriented to your style of play. If anyone needs any help you can contact me in-game as Jerik Havo, I'll see what I can do.

LCadejoNegro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LCadejoNegro

Lucha Corp....Fucking awesome! i just tried the game using the 14 day trail, looks pretty nice so far. Find me as LCadejoNegro in EVE.v

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Carlos1408

Yea, I've been trying out the game through the trial too, it's not bad so far, my contact on EVE is:

Strat Agemist and/or Carlos1408

P.S.: Lucha Corp. sounds awesome!

yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By yorro

Lucha Corp? LOL

Kiyoshi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kiyoshi3

me and my brother have been thinkin aboot playin but were mostly console games and  this is going to be our first mmo any tips

niyoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By niyoko

I would say to first check out Eve Online's web site http://www.eve-online.com and players guide. They have some good resourses there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yeah if I start this mmo I would love to join a GB corp.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman

All hail... LUCHA CORP!!

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By tekmojo

I'll create an Alliance with you but I already created a corp. with my bro. "Wings of Blood"(corp. name) on server - "Tranquility" if anyone plays EVE. I just started like 3 weeks ago but I'm learning pretty fast. Online name - Futek.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Driadon

You don't have to tell us server, there really only is one :P (Unless you play on the beta server called Singularity a lot... O.o)

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tekmojo
    Driadon said:
    "You don't have to tell us server, there really only is one :P (Unless you play on the beta server called Singularity a lot... O.o)
    "
    Yea I had no idea there was only 1, total noob here.
    InnerBlueAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By InnerBlueAbyss

Ill join in, signing up for the trial today, will be on later

Kiyoshi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kiyoshi3

i'm going to wait till the game plus all the expansions com out on the 10th  to get it, then ill join for sure

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Pkshields

I can;t decide if I want to get into another MMO,  or if ill be able to play it often enough. But if it I do, a LuchaCorp would be awesome.

MercenaryXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MercenaryXero

I play EVE, would join a GB corp.

Ingame name Saerron

send me money lol

InnerBlueAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By InnerBlueAbyss

I just got in, invite me!     Kenji_Matsuo

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By OmegaPirate

Did this ever take off? i played eve for over a year and was gonna reactivate my account - and if a GB corp has been made id be more thn willing to leap back into it!! :D

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By harris
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Did this ever take off? i played eve for over a year and was gonna reactivate my account - and if a GB corp has been made id be more thn willing to leap back into it!! :D"
    Bump.

I'd like to know if  this took off as well, and if it has not, let's get it going!
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OmegaPirate
    harris said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Did this ever take off? i played eve for over a year and was gonna reactivate my account - and if a GB corp has been made id be more thn willing to leap back into it!! :D"
    Bump.I'd like to know if  this took off as well, and if it has not, let's get it going!"
    Well im slowly downloading the new patch (god dammit) - however upon account reactivation i found my fleet of brutix and thorax and multiple little frigates is still intact -im currently regathering them all in dupont  - if we get this going and any newcomers/n00bies need a better ride and advice feel free to hit me up

Eve name = TheKnightOfCydonia
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23  Edited By Geno
    MattyFTM said:
    "I'm thinking about giving this game a shot, and if I get into it, I'd be up for a GB corp. Although it should be called LuchaCorp."

As usual Matty you always come up with the best ideas.
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By harris

I am currently unsubscribed.. but I have been wanting to play again. I played for a month or two previously. If I can confirm I'll have some peeps to play with, I'd love to resubscribe!

Also LuchaCorp sounds incredible.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OmegaPirate
    harris said:
    "I am currently unsubscribed.. but I have been wanting to play again. I played for a month or two previously. If I can confirm I'll have some peeps to play with, I'd love to resubscribe!Also LuchaCorp sounds incredible."
    Ive just finished updating the client (1gb+!!!) im definately back in it mate so if you do end up getting back in be sure to add me and we'll fly for a while (im gallente though, so if you are minmatar theres gonna be issues :P)
    MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By MAST

Only thing about started a new corp, is that it's a long hard road. Really, you need at least 20-30+ regular players in a corp to even begin to function properly, and pay for upkeep. It's also vital that before too long of a time goes by, you start looking for an alliance to put your corp in. Alliances are a huge part of the game, especially for smaller corps. A smaller corp can thrive if it's part of a big alliance.

If you guys think there are enough people on GiantBomb interested in creating a corp, then i say go for it. But be warned, running a corp in EvE is almost a full time job. It's not like forming and running some easy peezy guild in other MMO's. You will be the CEO of a Corporation. Which is almost as complicated as being a CEO of a real life Corporation.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By harris
    MAST said:
    "Only thing about started a new corp, is that it's a long hard road. Really, you need at least 20-30+ regular players in a corp to even begin to function properly, and pay for upkeep. It's also vital that before too long of a time goes by, you start looking for an alliance to put your corp in. Alliances are a huge part of the game, especially for smaller corps. A smaller corp can thrive if it's part of a big alliance.If you guys think there are enough people on GiantBomb interested in creating a corp, then i say go for it. But be warned, running a corp in EvE is almost a full time job. It's not like forming and running some easy peezy guild in other MMO's. You will be the CEO of a Corporation. Which is almost as complicated as being a CEO of a real life Corporation."
    This is true. Maybe we should join up with an established corp or use a chat channel?
    MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By MAST

The one suggestion i would give anyone starting up on EvE; Join the EvE University corp. Being in a corp is vital, but finding one that will take in noobs is not that easy. EvE University is run by pros, and is all about taking in noobs. They have regular, nightly classes where they teach you the basics of EvE, and eventually move you into some of the more complex aspects of it. They are really good at feeding you a little bit at a time, so that you don't get overwhelmed. It's the entire point of EU. Teaching noobs.

Once you graduate, you can either stay in EvE University, and eventually become an instructor yourself. Or you can move on to any number of corps. Because by the time you graduate from EU, you have quite a lot of skillpoints earned, and experience under your belt. So most corps will want you... It would also be easier to create, and run your own corp after you graduate.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmegaPirate
    MAST said:
    "The one suggestion i would give anyone starting up on EvE; Join the EvE University corp. Being in a corp is vital, but finding one that will take in noobs is not that easy. EvE University is run by pros, and is all about taking in noobs. They have regular, nightly classes where they teach you the basics of EvE, and eventually move you into some of the more complex aspects of it. They are really good at feeding you a little bit at a time, so that you don't get overwhelmed. It's the entire point of EU. Teaching noobs.Once you graduate, you can either stay in EvE University, and eventually become an instructor yourself. Or you can move on to any number of corps. Because by the time you graduate from EU, you have quite a lot of skillpoints earned, and experience under your belt. So most corps will want you... It would also be easier to create, and run your own corp after you graduate."
    Yeah the university Corp is a great group to get involved with for beginners, - Mast speaks the truth here -im stocking up on most of the corporate skills as we speak just to be sure if this takes off we can handle it (God damn ethnic management skills are necessary in order to allow other races to join the corporation).

At the moment i have a small fleet of stronger than averge Gallente frigates loaded andd ready to go alongside the skill books needed to operate them and their weaponry, they are fairly expendable so i have no problems whatsoever with throwing a few out to any bombers who fancy giving eve a try - i think it might be a agood idea for those of us here (seemingly MAST, harris and mercenary) to meet up and add each other and maybe we could personally lend a hand ang guide these guys through the rat missions and into their own arcs??

What races do you guys play as- im gallente
    Daggith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Daggith

I never post here, but just chiming in that I've been playing Eve lately (have played probably about 6 months total since I created my character in 2006) and may be willing to join a Giant Bomb corp.

Hit me up in game. Eve name: Velryn

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By harris

I just resubscribed :D

Eve name: Sporall
    I'm gallente

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OmegaPirate
    harris said:
    "I just resubscribed :DEve name: SporallI'm gallente"
    Aawesome :) ive got my GF over at the moment but once i load it up later ill be sure to add you :)
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By harris

Downloading (huge) patch now. I'll add all the names mentioned here when it's done.

See you all in game soon :)

Edit: Patch failed... This might take a while
    Edit 2: Worked this time! I'm in and playing. I'm a bit rusty so I'm just going to do some easy stuff in a cheap frigate for a while.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By harris

Ok, so we have a few people together in a chat channel now. Join the GiantBomb channel in game! (Channels & Mailing Lists -> Join -> Type in GiantBomb -> Ok)

Daggith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Daggith

Join the channel!

Southgrove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Southgrove

Ooh, GB-channel.. I hope it's still there =)

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By Donos

Holy thread revival, Batman! But yeah,the channel is still up and I'll be on it now, so say hi people.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Sounds like it never really took off though...lol.

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By McPaper

Im thinking of re-subbing - right now im messing around on a trial account to see if its worth it. Would be nice to fly with some GB people.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @McPaper said:
    " Im thinking of re-subbing - right now im messing around on a trial account to see if its worth it. Would be nice to fly with some GB people. "
    I already joined Fujiku, Inc. or Fujiko or something like that.  I've spent
    hours migrating my stuff to their home system so it makes it tough to
    switch corporations without having to go through the same old process
    again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.