All Fable 2 Reviews here

• 76 results
#2 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Why are your links so hard to read?

Edit: Oh yea, the scores are pretty awesome too.

#3 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -
PureRok said:
"Why are your links so hard to read?

Edit: Oh yea, the scores are pretty awesome too."
fixed em.

and, AAAA from Eurogamer, they never give out 10s. they gave fable1 a 8.
#4 Posted by MachoFantastico (4687 posts) -

wow I am surprised, I was honestly expecting the same reaction the original got. I thought they were a little unfair on the original fable despite it's problems. Sounds like this is the Fable Molyneux originally wanted to create, I really enjoyed the original despite it's issues and bugs. 
Plus Lionhead are a UK Developer, so I always want to see them do well... infact I want to see any developer do well. 

#5 Posted by RobDaFunk (336 posts) -

Looks like Mr Molyneux Really did it this time.  Fair Play to him.

Can't believe this is out the same day as Far Cry 2....... :(

#6 Posted by Max_Chill (162 posts) -

It should get a 5 star from here. the game looks amazing

#7 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Can't wait for tomorrow. I have a feeling I'll be playing Fable II all day.

#8 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

Hopefully it won't be long before we get the giant bomb review in.

#9 Posted by Rowr (5657 posts) -

WOW, a Peter Molyneux game coming through in 9's and 10's.

This is a wonderful, wonderful day.

Well done Peter, I knew you could do it!

#10 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -

IGN UK is up, 9.5

#11 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

Now I want it real bad.

#12 Posted by pause422 (6187 posts) -

Looking pretty good, even cutting all the xbox specific reviewers out, because they have no say in this...I knew it would review pretty well though, seemed like a huge improvement from Fable 1, even if a lot of its core just feels upgraded. I only ever thought fable 1 was mediocre at best, but liked several things about it a good amount, and fable 2 seems to improve on that greatly. Now the problem is between Farcry 2 and fable 2 coming out tomorrow, and fallout 3 coming out next week, too many things are coming out ....

#13 Posted by Kaido (249 posts) -

Good to know he's still the credible designer we know and love.

Really, I prayed this game would do well for his sake; he's such a nice guy.

#14 Posted by Zebadee (491 posts) -

Haha all that shit given to Peter, he's shown em now!

#15 Edited by betterthantelevision (82 posts) -

TXB and IGN have their reviews up.

8.9 and 8.8 respectively.

#16 Posted by HistoryInRust (6315 posts) -
Keano said:
"
Eurogamer - 10/10
IGN UK - 9.5/10 
OXM U.S. - 9.5/10
Edge Magazine - 9/10
CVG - 9.2/10
Gameplayer- 9.5/10
Games Radar- 9/10
Planetxbox360- 9.5/10
achievements.org- 94/100
Console.at (austria)- 90/100
Rpgsite.net- 96%
Xboxlife (denmark)- 10/10
GCHD- 9/10
StrategyInformer - 9/10
Snappy gamer - 5/5
GameZone (germany) - 9.1/10
Or, you guys could just google the item "Metacritic Fable II" and get more comprehensive results. 

*shrug*
#17 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

Stickied to the Fable 2 board, I'm shocked that Keano made a worthwile contribution to the forums. Way to go, Keano!

Anyways, I'm happy to see some positive reception of Fable 2. It's a game I've been looking forward too, and after Sonic Chronicles sucked, I need one of the games I've been looking towards to be good.

#18 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:

Or, you guys could just google the item "Metacritic Fable II" and get more comprehensive results. 

*shrug*"
Or you can Google that shit yourself and see that meracritc only has 3 reviews listed right now before you try to Lecture others.

and this thread was made 3 hours ago, when the review embargo was lifted and metacritic staff were in their beds.
#19 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

How the hell did Eurogamer end up giving this game a 10!?  ...that just seems impossible.

#20 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -
betterthantelevision said:
"TXB and IGN have their reviews up.

8.9 and 8.8 respectively."
added.
wow, IGN uk - 9.5  IGN U.S. - 8.8

interesting. Hilary goldstein doesnt like brtish humour, does he.
#21 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I have really been looking forward to this game and never thought it would disappoint, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm really surprised with how high these scores actually are on average.

#22 Posted by betterthantelevision (82 posts) -
Keano said:
I blame his parents. The guy's has got to be half the bastard he is just from growing up a boy named 'Hilary'.
#23 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
betterthantelevision said:
"I blame his parents. The guy's has got to be half the bastard he is just from growing up a boy named 'Hilary'."
Yea...it's kind of hard to have a sense of humor when you're a guy named Hilary.
#24 Posted by ZombieJesus (231 posts) -

Why did my 360 have to red ring during october

#25 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
ZombieJesus said:
"Why did my 360 have to red ring during october"
Because MS hates you.
#26 Posted by mracoon (4971 posts) -

Good reviews hope it comes out on the PC so I can play it.

#27 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3734 posts) -
Keano said:
"betterthantelevision said:
"TXB and IGN have their reviews up.

8.9 and 8.8 respectively."
added.
wow, IGN uk - 9.5  IGN U.S. - 8.8

"
I bet this game loses points with several reviewers for them reviewing the game before they're able to play co-op correctly.  That really sucks too, as the version they're reviewing early isn't the version that any of us will be playing.  This is one instance where I think they should re-review the game.  To do otherwise is really quite unfair to the developers.
#28 Posted by RobDaFunk (336 posts) -
Kush said:
"I have really been looking forward to this game and never thought it would disappoint, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm really surprised with how high these scores actually are on average."
I'm with you on that one, after watchin a few JustinTV feeds of it didn't look that spectacular, but these Reviews make it a Definate purchase now................................after I'm done with Far Cry 2. ;)
#29 Posted by bentom (1 posts) -

OMG, it got a 10 from eurogamer. Nothing EVER gets a 10 from eurogamer (well almost nothing) They're the harshest reviewers since gamespot! Hard to believe, but it looks like Molyneux actually pulled it off...pity I'm in England and have to wait till Friday to get it   :-( oh, well I'll just watch the teasers :-)

#30 Posted by lilarchie232 (728 posts) -
Keano said:

Molyneux RedeemED

#31 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Besides IGN's reviews, it looks like universal acclaim.  I can't wait for it.

#32 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

wow those are some epic scores. i soooo badly want this game. NEED MONEIS NOW

#33 Posted by Destruction (8 posts) -

Damn, I wish I had the money for the game now. Those are some really good scores

#34 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
Keano said:
"PureRok said:

fixed em.

"
They gave Bioshock and GTA4 10/10.
#35 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"Keano said:
"PureRok said:

fixed em.

"
They gave Bioshock and GTA4 10/10."
and...........
youre saying those are bad games? 
#36 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"Besides IGN's reviews, it looks like universal acclaim.  I can't wait for it."
one score below 9 (8.8) means the game fails. Canceling my preorder right now

#37 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
Keano said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Keano said:
"PureRok said:

fixed em.

"
They gave Bioshock and GTA4 10/10."
and...........
youre saying those are bad games? 
"
Not at all. I'm saying that's a very respectable score for it to get because they don't like handing them out.
#38 Posted by Bartiemus (253 posts) -

looks cool cant wait to play it

#39 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -

added IGN au 9.2

gamespy 4.5/5
xplay 5/5
#40 Posted by Redsand26 (125 posts) -
#41 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -
#42 Posted by Redsand26 (125 posts) -

I'm not surprised either.  Now, we wait for the Bomb review.

*checks watch*

#43 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -
Redsand26 said:
"I'm not surprised either.  Now, we wait for the Bomb review.

*checks watch*"
Ryan's doing it right?
Jeff's playing Fallout and Brad did Deadspace...........and vinny doesnt play anything but DBZ games, or do they have review interns?
#44 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Keano said:
"Redsand26 said:

*checks watch*"
Ryan's doing it right?
Jeff's playing Fallout and Brad did Deadspace...........and vinny doesnt play anything but DBZ games, or do they have review interns?
"
I'm the review intern. Secretly. Nobody knows about me... not even the GB crew. Shhhhh.

Anyway, off to go work the midnight shift at GameStop. I'll pick up my copy as we leave the store! Hurrah!
#45 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Keano said:
"Redsand26 said:

*checks watch*"
Ryan's doing it right?
"
I'm the review intern. Secretly. Nobody knows about me... not even the GB crew. Shhhhh.

Anyway, off to go work the midnight shift at GameStop. I'll pick up my copy as we leave the store! Hurrah!"
Can i come? :(
#46 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

lol GS system wars will be in flames =D man I am so glad I left that place! I can now enjoy discussing the game here without getting my ass flamed to pieces!

#47 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -
tmontana1004 said:
"lol GS system wars will be in flames =D man I am so glad I left that place! I can now enjoy discussing the game here without getting my ass flamed to pieces!"
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26641505&page=27

im in there right now, every one pretty much agrees the game is great and deserves a great score, even the die hard cows are like "FLOP!!! J/k good score." People dont care about the GS reviews that much anymore. System wars isnt as flame filled like it was back in the Gertsmann era when the reviews from that site meant something.

#48 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
Keano said:
"tmontana1004 said:
"lol GS system wars will be in flames =D man I am so glad I left that place! I can now enjoy discussing the game here without getting my ass flamed to pieces!"

im in there right now, every one pretty much agrees the game is great and deserves a great score, even the die hard cows are like "FLOP!!! J/k good score." People dont care about the GS reviews that much anymore. 

"
...except for Renegade lol biggest cow of all time! Very surprising that things are going well there. I expect the hardcore fanboys to come stomping in tomorrow morning though.
#49 Posted by Milkman (16791 posts) -
Keano said:
"tmontana1004 said:

im in there right now, every one pretty much agrees the game is great and deserves a great score, even the die hard cows are like "FLOP!!! J/k good score." People dont care about the GS reviews that much anymore. 

"
What the fuck is wrong with a 8.5? Really? I don't fucking understand people. Someone says a game is great and people bitch and moan. Look at all the scores you posted in the OP, a lot of those in the same ballpark as GameSpot's score. You know what, now I really hope that Giant Bomb gives it 4 stars. So, I can see what your reaction is then.
#50 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

The guy who reviews Fable 2 on gamespot needs to be shot. "Making money is way too easy" wtf? is that actually a valid reason? From what ive heard its actually hard to earn money in that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.