Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

How do yah enjoy Fallout?

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I can't, I get so bored its not even funny how boring it gets.

The CPU's lifeless interaction is horrible in a game based on cpu interaction.

Characters provide very little reason to care for them. And story is pretty weak, imo.

All this is my opinion, i would just like to know what is it you guys see in this game?

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilTwin

I would agree.  It's not really the strong point of this game unfortunately, but there's so much fun to be had in the world just exploring. 

SlayerNoMercy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SlayerNoMercy

yea i found the most fun just wondering around aimlessly and running into a bunch of random crazy shit...normally being ambushed by raiders or something gets me a jump..but then its fun blasting there heads off....yea man story and cpu interaction aint really the strong points

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By flaminghobo

Don't look to the main story for the fun in Fallout 3, the side missions and exploring the ruined buildings and the like are the fun in the game.

almak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By almak

Exploring and trying different gameplay approaches. The one I've been doing lately is combining a maxed out sneak skill with a Chinese stealth suit (Operation Anchorage DLC). Which in effect makes me completely invisible regardless of the outside factors. I can be sitting right in front of the mutant overlord and play radio while having my flash light on and he'd have no idea I'm there. Headshots from stealth are some of the most satisfying kills I had in the game.
    Also I personally found some of the best quests in the game to be outside of the main story arc.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " I can't, I get so bored its not even funny how boring it gets.The CPU's lifeless interaction is horrible in a game based on cpu interaction.Characters provide very little reason to care for them. And story is pretty weak, imo.All this is my opinion, i would just like to know what is it you guys see in this game? "
    Hrm, i couldn't disagree much more with you on each of those points. I wasn't bored for a single second playing that game, and I found the interactions with the majority of the CPU's to be very interesting, especially the ones that had special options thanks to high skill levels or speech. And honestly, I've cared far less for video game characters than i did for Lucas Simms of Megaton, Reilly of Reillys Rangers, and Fawkes (so awesome). And while the story may be weak compared to your average piece of literature, it might as well be war and peace compared to most of the video games out now, especially firearms based games like Fallout. Compare it to Gears or Halo, or even Bioshock, and tell me it doesnt have a deep story. Beyond all of that, the gameplay itself is top notch, with satisfying level-ups and the VATS (if you interlace it with free aiming its immensly useful) and the world that Bethesda created feels as close to real as i've seen a videogame get. 
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Akeldama

i enjoy Fallout by not playing it and playing Oblivion instead.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
    @Akeldama said:
    " i enjoy Fallout by not playing it and playing Oblivion instead. "
    You know, its funny because i'm the exact opposite way. Cant stand Oblivion
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By End_Boss

I don't.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Ineedaname

The only good time I had in this game was when a woman ran up to me and went "Cover me" then ran into a group of raiders and blew up.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Akeldama
    @AgentJ: Thats a shame. 
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By TwoLines

Yep I agree. Nope, I don't like it. No Fallout 3 for me, thank you.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ
    @Akeldama said:
    " @AgentJ: Thats a shame.  "
    It sure is a shame that you dont play Fallout
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By bwooduhs

You just have to enjoy this sort of game for what it is. It's buggy but you just have to look at the upsides like the atmosphere and dark humor.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By vidiot
    "How da yah enjoy Fallout?"

This much:
    Fallout 3
    Last played on June 28, 2009
    1450/1450 P
    68/68 ACH

7249 players
    *Puts both arms out to either side*
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Akeldama
    @AgentJ: Oh but i do. Its just not even half as good as ES
    NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By NoDeath
    @AgentJ said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    "
    Wow, I though I was the only one.

Anyway, I was able to spend hours just walking around fighting random stuff and exploring. If its not your thing, its not your thing.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Akeldama
    @NoDeath: exactly. To each his own 
    Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gruff182

I agree. I really wanted to like this game, it's just to bland. I tried many times to get into it, alot of the mods made it alot better.

But in the end Fallout 3, inspired me to go out and buy The Shivering Isles, which was awesome. Roll on TES5.

SlayerNoMercy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By SlayerNoMercy
    @AgentJ said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    "
    hahaha me too i hated oblivion so much
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
    @vidiot said:
    ""How da yah enjoy Fallout?"

This much:
    Fallout 3
    1450/1450 P
    68/68 ACH

7249 players
    *Puts both arms out to either side*"

Was this legit?  I mean I can't tell if it's the 360 version or the PC version. 
    I can stretch my arms out farther than you. HA!  :)
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Systech

I'm just going to throw this out there. This thread is pretty damn pointless.

baba2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By baba2
    @systech said:
    " I'm just going to throw this out there. This thread is pretty damn pointless. "
    I'm going to throw it back at you and agree.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By vidiot
    @FiestaUnicorn said:
    " @vidiot said:
    ""How da yah enjoy Fallout?"

This much:
    Fallout 3
    1450/1450 P
    68/68 ACH

7249 players
    *Puts both arms out to either side*"
    Was this legit?  I mean I can't tell if it's the 360 version or the PC version.  I can stretch my arms out farther than you. HA!  :) "
    Doesn't it say "PC Version" if it was. My 360 gamertag is the only thing synced to Giant Bomb. I'm not a PC gamer by any means anymore. So yes, it's very legit. 
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Its so @AgentJ said:

" @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " I can't, I get so bored its not even funny how boring it gets.The CPU's lifeless interaction is horrible in a game based on cpu interaction.Characters provide very little reason to care for them. And story is pretty weak, imo.All this is my opinion, i would just like to know what is it you guys see in this game? "
    Hrm, i couldn't disagree much more with you on each of those points. I wasn't bored for a single second playing that game, and I found the interactions with the majority of the CPU's to be very interesting, especially the ones that had special options thanks to high skill levels or speech. And honestly, I've cared far less for video game characters than i did for Lucas Simms of Megaton, Reilly of Reillys Rangers, and Fawkes (so awesome). And while the story may be weak compared to your average piece of literature, it might as well be war and peace compared to most of the video games out now, especially firearms based games like Fallout. Compare it to Gears or Halo, or even Bioshock, and tell me it doesnt have a deep story. Beyond all of that, the gameplay itself is top notch, with satisfying level-ups and the VATS (if you interlace it with free aiming its immensly useful) and the world that Bethesda created feels as close to real as i've seen a videogame get. 
    "
    I guess you just have to be a hardcore RPG fan. and really get into the role
    Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Gunner

Its called a role-playing game for a reason, you play a role that you want to be in a set atmosphere. I find that when people go into it expecting it to be a shooter, they tend to hate it.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Icil
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    I guess you just have to be a hardcore RPG fan. and really get into the role "
    Same opinion for me. It seems like Bethesda's games are enjoyable when you connect with your character and immerse yourself in the environment.
    baba2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By baba2
    @Icil said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    Same opinion for me. It seems like Bethesda's games are enjoyable when you connect with your character and immerse yourself in the environment. "
    You sir, hit the nail right on the head.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I just wish there was a way to completely forget about your father and it leads you down another story, only beef with this game is that! I don't wanna look for him, I wanna do quest but I don't care about him at all to even want to know where he is.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By gingertastic_10

I loved every 100+ hours I spent on this game. I really enjoyed spending a crap load of time wandering around the wastes. Finding new things, meeting new people.

true3man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By true3man

I hit a wall of boredom after the Galaxy News Radio quest and was thinking of getting rid of the game but then started to explore around the wasteland. Three expansion packs and about 80 hours of gameplay later and I'm glad I gave it another chance

baba2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By baba2
    @true3man said:
    " I hit a wall of boredom after the Galaxy News Radio quest and was thinking of getting rid of the game but then started to explore around the wasteland. Three expansion packs and about 80 hours of gameplay later and I'm glad I gave it another chance "
    I was exactly the same. It's fantastic once you get into it.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AgentJ
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " Its so @AgentJ said: 
    You almost make it sound like that isn't possible in Fallout 3... I really enjoyed being the vault dweller... I have to be a hardcore RPG fan? come on, dont insult me that way. Like you would even know what my gaming habits are
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @AgentJ: No insult but i consider myself an RPG fan and fallout doesn't ever tickle my RPG fanhood at all
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#35  Edited By citizenkane

I absolutely loved Fallout 3.  I love exploring the world looking for a fight and finding new little setllements.  I personally think the story and Fallout universe is amazing, finding new backstories and history of people and places.

It's without a doubt one of my favorite games so far this generation.  It is one of few games that makes me want to overspend money for DLC.  I have all four released so far and I would get Mothership Zeta is I didn't have to cancel my Xbox Live subscription to save money(damn this summer with no job!).
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Wolverine

I agree to a point, I think Oblivion was a lot more fun but I still like Fallout.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AgentJ
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " @AgentJ: No insult but i consider myself an RPG fan and fallout doesn't ever tickle my RPG fanhood at all "
    Funny, I also consider myself an RPG fan (though maybe more of the J variety) and I absolutely loved Fallout 3. Perhaps you are more used to the "ye olde" setting than the wasteland?
    minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By minotaka

Now ive been debating for a long ass time whether or not to  purchase this game...  ive watched countless reviews for the main Fallout 3 itself and its ... 4? exp packs now. I've always quite liked RPG's but ive never tacked along with the fps styled ones such as Oblivion - please don't flame me down saying this is nothing like oblivion, u know what im trying to get at - n' they always looked pretty indepth. Being a dreaded WoW player i guess i didnt know if to shell out some cashios for something that could potentially be a tad shite. Play testing at a buddies house i just ended up shanking as many people as a i could with great success before leaving the Vault itself.  Very satisfying. So if that was anything to go by, would the rest of the combat, taken with a bit more of a serious vibe, be worth it ?

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Death_Unicorn

The main quest is mediocre, but all the sidequests, and computer logs, and just wandering into a house and seeing a skeleton hugging another skeleton in a bed just makes it so deep. Just ignore the main quest, there is no mandate to complete it, just go do whatever the hell you want.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By minotaka

See that seems pretty fun imo :))

And so the adventures of  mino begin!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.