CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By CByrne
No Caption Provided

I noticed the Destiny page says -10 forum posts. not sure if this is wiki related

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@truthtellah said:

Are efforts being made to fix Notifications?

I don't see it on the main list, but Notifications from forum posts linked to a wiki page have been broken for days now. Is that not a top priority?

I'm sure yall are working hard; I just haven't seen an update on how it's going.

Same here, didn't see anything about this in the first post. Really annoying especially if you don't get the notification right away and then have to dig for what someone said to you.

It was discussed this morning and I know it's on the radar. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rorie: Thanks for the update Rorie!

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By GiantLizardKing

Hey @rorie, any idea when the home page forum updates will be fixed?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By rorie
Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By generic_username

How close are you guys on getting forum search back up and running? And status updates? My status has been stuck on something I said in the middle of a fit of frustration for weeks now.

Anyways, good luck on fixing things, I'm sure it's really stressful and I hope you guys can get things stabilized soon!

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May I ask as to why shit keeps breaking? Twitter I understand, kind of (they change something on their back end, making it incompatible with your integration code, yada yada yada) but why would "recent posts" keep disappearing? Does it have something to do with an upcoming site redesign perhaps?

Also, in regards to Twitter, how is it that when it did work for a few days it was stuck on updates from 10 months ago? That's hell random...

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Do aliases work for anybody else? I tried searching for FF12 by typing as much, but nothing came up.

_Dad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By _Dad

GB is very difficult to browse on an iPad.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Do aliases work for anybody else? I tried searching for FF12 by typing as much, but nothing came up.

I just tried myself, and you're right, aliases appear to be broken. That, and the forums are lagging behind now as well. But hey, at least the staff twitter feed is back up!!!

>_>

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Video_Game_King

@yummylee:

Don't forget blog notifications being borked. And galleries.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: I already mentioned that in my first post in the thread, along with how lists and user-review notifications also don't work, either.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee:

But the weird thing is that it's happening recently/selectively now. I got @generic_username's blog just fine, but @mento's Japan blogs will not show up.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Yummylee

@video_game_king: Well, I personally haven't received any notifications beyond replies in quite some time now. Sometimes a blog/list/review will at least show up on my followed user feed, but whether or not there'll actually be a link that can help me navigate to it is always up in the air.

EDIT: Also, videos will no longer resume from where you left off if the video is closed for one reason or another. Just another something else to add to the list... The state of the site and how long it's been going on for now has frankly only further validated my decision to unsubscribe.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By rapid

Looks like I can edit my own reply posts but not the opening postof a topic I create/own?

Hopefully it gets fixed soon, I found it very useful to be able to edit the opening post of topic (for updating purposes) especially if it's grown to be a large topic. No one really reads the consecutive posts.

For instance when I do updates to the Giant Bomb Warframe PC Clan journal or the PC Clan Updates it's nice to be able to update the first post with the most recent activity or news.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#68 chaser324  Moderator

What happens when someone posts to your wall? I have a notification from several days ago about someone making a post, but as far as I can tell, there's nowhere to actually read it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not sure if this is a currently known bug but news articles aren't showing up as the first post in the forums, namely the Persona 5 news Patrick wrote. I clicked on it and all I saw was this:

No Caption Provided

Also, when I did click on the actual article, there were apparently 3,000+ comments and the earliest ones date back as far as 2009.

No Caption Provided

I'm assuming those comments are from every thread within the tagged forum pages and collated into this one article.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@cozmicaztaway said:

In chrome on Android, I can't click the navigation menu in a wikipage and see images, forums, etc.The icon gets highlighted, but no menu appears that I can see.

EDIT: Reproducible in chrome on WIndows 8 (so, you know, Chrome), as well as Firefox. I'm assuming other browsers as well. It seems clicking the element labeled

<i class="icon icon-reorder btn btn-mini btn-inverse"></i> just doesn't do anything currently.

Same here, it's the same with any page with that same sub-nav. It's been a while so an update would be nice. The Javascript might not be wired properly or something.

icybankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am i the only one who is not getting any Updates in the Summary page from the pages i have followed? Because i am sure that i checked the pages and there were new topics...

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#73 Mento  Moderator

Yo, not sure if this has been logged but adding images to a wiki page does weird things to the purported total number of images. Specifically, every new image is counted twice for the total you can see in parentheses on the image tab.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Yummylee

Specifically editing 'Credits' on wiki game pages seems to always throw up an error notice. Fortunately I can at least still edit people page's credits, but of course that extra hassle shouldn't be necessary. Plus, editing people credits always requires that you specifically enter the credits section rather than allowing to add games via the main page, unlike say character pages for example.

Also, while the return of some actual timestamps on your profile feed is welcome, the time appears to run under what I assume is the PT timezone.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now profile feeds no longer appear to update...

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I can't edit any of my original posts? I really need to edit a weekly tournament thread I created with new info for people but it's not possible atm. Does everyone have this bug? Any idea on when this will be fixed?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By nightriff

Anyone else having issues with notifications where you get one when you are tagged in a post and then that post not showing up for large amounts of time? Happened to me yesterday when Patrick responded to me in the BitAM video and just now with the Binding of Issac video. In just these two cases it seems to only affect forums off videos but I really don't know.

EDIT: I've actually been responded to 3 or 4 times in the video and no new posts

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else having issues with notifications where you get one when you are tagged in a post and then that post not showing up for large amounts of time? Happened to me yesterday when Patrick responded to me in the BitAM video and just now with the Binding of Issac video. In just these two cases it seems to only affect forums off videos but I really don't know.

EDIT: I've actually been responded to 3 or 4 times in the video and no new posts

Yea, I've been getting this on and off.

Also, still waiting on the "cross posting blogs to game pages" bug to be fixed.

Homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

Specifically editing 'Credits' on wiki game pages seems to always throw up an error notice. Fortunately I can at least still edit people page's credits, but of course that extra hassle shouldn't be necessary. Plus, editing people credits always requires that you specifically enter the credits section rather than allowing to add games via the main page, unlike say character pages for example.

Also, while the return of some actual timestamps on your profile feed is welcome, the time appears to run under what I assume is the PT timezone.

Thanks for providing the workaround. Hopefully, the original, easier method on the game credits pages is sorted out soon for all us credits hobbyists.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, I've been getting this on and off.

Also, still waiting on the "cross posting blogs to game pages" bug to be fixed.

Just noticed something strange about this bug:

• Searching for a board does work; it just doesn't work for boards attached to wiki pages.
  • Holy shit, we have more boards than we knew about. And not even the Moderator-Only board; shit like Artist Show-Off, Battles, Contests, and other shit I don't think I've ever seen. Anybody wanna test this to see if these boards work?
Homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Homeslice

@homeslice said:

@yummylee said:

Thanks for providing the workaround. Hopefully, the original, easier method on the game credits pages is sorted out soon for all us credits hobbyists.

JESUS CHRIST! @mrpibb! @rorie! Anybody! I was just able to add a new character to a game (entirely new character), and I was able to edit the type of credit someone had for a game on the game's credits page!!!

icybankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By icybankz

This has been annoying me for quite a while. New topics on pages i'm following are not being updated in my profile. Is this a bug or am i missing something...

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice to get an update to this post from @mr_pibb since we're over 3 weeks since the OP. I imagine that could be weird since as far as I know the "can't edit original posts" bug is still a factor. I understand how difficult this stuff can be but it would be nice to hear any update.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@villainy: yup, I'll be updating it soon, just been doing a bunch of work so haven't had time to sit down really.

@homeslice: working right? we fixed it, just hadn't had time to update everybody.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By RazielCuts

Is chat only for premium members now? The past few free live streams, Bombin the AM, Poster Signing and the current Titanfall livestream I've been met with a 'You are not logged in' message when I am. It doesn't seem like a problem for everyone as I can see in the top left counter '117 Chatting' although '0 Watching' so maybe the chat is just still busted.

I know that emotes are for subs only now so maybe chat is now too? *shrugs*

*Edit*

Okay, now its saying minus numbers for people chatting so maybe chat is just busted after all, that non-premium paranoia.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

• Holy shit, we have more boards than we knew about. And not even the Moderator-Only board; shit like Artist Show-Off, Battles, Contests, and other shit I don't think I've ever seen. Anybody wanna test this to see if these boards work?

Haha, I think those are ComicVine boards, or at least, I know they exist over there.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

Just noticed that adding a page to a list works from that page again. Great job guys!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#88  Edited By fattony12000
rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fattony12000: That account exists as a GiantBomb account. Not sure who it is or who created it. But yeah, that's why it was able to be added.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: Thanks for getting back to me on that!

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems that when I go to change my email and password I'm told I need to be premium to change my username. I have tried several times and I have made sure to not even touch the username box.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Any word on the notifications? Any chance we could see a return of the followed user status feed?

OrwellHuxZam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My premium membership is not expiring. I was going to re-up today only to discover I still had the gold ribbon that should have disappeared yesterday.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By CByrne

@mrpibb

When posting in any thread I'm getting this mesage even thought the post was made successfully. Using Firefox, Mozilla Aurora, and the Android internet browser.

No Caption Provided

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By bobafettjm

Just a small thing but I noticed sometimes when editing a wiki page and searching for a franchise or concept to add it will bring up games instead.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Yummylee

After playing Dark Souls II incessantly for like 2 days, I came back to find that bloody everything is broken again... The posting troubles have at least been ironed out, but notifications appear to once again be busted. >_> At least regarding blogs/lists/reviews ect.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

No Caption Provided

I'm going to make the assumption that I'm not supposed to see this on the front page forum feed.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comments appear to be once again lagging behind in showing up on articles... or at least that's the situation on Jeff's inFamous review.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Notifications are fucked again.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it seems that uploading images to pages is broken right now? They all end up with an outline, but the image is not there.