Giant Bomb Plex Channel

positron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Apologies if this has already been covered, I couldn't see anything when I searched for it. The Plex app for GB hasn't worked for me since the new site went up. Is it working for anyone else?

Lotan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Works fine for me. Try deleting and re-adding the channel.

positron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried that, and tried reseting it and updating it. Still nothing.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4 frobie  Staff

@positron: What's your setup? PC, Mac, other? When you load the app, does it provide a list of categories but the videos don't play? Or does it just not load the app at all?

positron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By positron

@frobie: I'm using Plex on a 2008 Mac Mini. When I load the app it doesn't show any categories, the plex backdrop is still there. It just doesn't populate.

edit: It's working now. Just booted it up and all is working fine. Thanks guys :)

Amikron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Amikron

Despite fiddling around for the last month+ I still cannot use the Giant Bomb Plex Channel. I have even since done a fresh install of plex, uninstalled and reinstalled the channel multiple times. When I click on it on my tablet it does nothing other than dump me to a list of channels containing only the Giant Bomb one that does nothing.

When I attempt to use the WebGUI the media server spits out an error rather than even trying to load.

Right after the site change I would get the list of videos, but clicking them did nothing, now I don't even get that.

edit: Forgot to mention that prior to the new site I used it constantly with no issues.

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Slow_pC

Mine has been working great here on a windows 7 and a mac mini plex install... but about 48 hours ago , it will not populate. Reinstalled the plugin , updated and stuff with no luck.

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Slow_pC

No one else having these issues? I guess airplaying it for now ...

grunka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had the same problem here on my mac mini plex install and finally managed to fix it. And now I'm actually going to tell you how to fix it :)

First step, uninstall the Giant Bomb Plex channel.

Second step, clear out all the caches and settings for the channel otherwise it will just go back to the broken state where it apparently gets an empty api key over and over again. Simplest way to do this is to open up Terminal and run the following

open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-in\ Support

This should open up a Finder window with a couple of folders, go into Data, Caches and Preferences and delete all the things that start with com.plexapp.plugins.giantbomb.

Third step, re-install the channel and go to giantbomb.com/plex (if you are a subscriber that is, otherwise skip this, but seriously you should be a subscriber :) ) and get a new link code and enter that into the channels settings. Done.

linuxscouser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe slightly off topic to the original post, but my issue with the Plex app is trying to watch live premium streams. I have my link code active because I'm able to watch the subscriber stuff, but I can not get the live stuff to work like Patrick's stream right now.

warmonked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By warmonked

Anyone else have problems with the plex app the past few days? I've tried the suggestion of uninstall, deleting all cache, data and preferences, but no joy :(

I'm getting a blank page when going into the app. This is on Win7

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ajamafalous

I thought this was about EVE.

Carry on.

MrHeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been having issues over the past week or so. When I select any video, instead of immediately playing as it usually does, it pops up an intermediate screen that asks what resolution I want to play. I select one and it plays as usual. Not too big a deal, but if I select a premium stream, the same menu pops up, then throws up an error message and refuses to play.

The resolution menu is the same option that pops up elsewhere in Plex when I play something from youtube, so my guess is that it's not recognizing premium status, hence trying to play the videos from youtube instead of GB's player as well as not allowing premium streams.

I tried re-linking my account to no avail, and tried the full uninstall and reinstall of the channel, but still no luck.

MrHeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrHeist

Still can't play subscriber videos in Plex. Any word on an update?

Thanks!

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wow, I didn't even know there was a subscription version on Plex. Nice.

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have done the reinstall , reset , all this stuff and I have to go in , link account and then can play one video. Once that video stops or I stop it... I have to redo it all over again with a new plex key. :(

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By rorie
Tweedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrheist said:

I've been having issues over the past week or so. When I select any video, instead of immediately playing as it usually does, it pops up an intermediate screen that asks what resolution I want to play. I select one and it plays as usual. Not too big a deal, but if I select a premium stream, the same menu pops up, then throws up an error message and refuses to play.

The resolution menu is the same option that pops up elsewhere in Plex when I play something from youtube, so my guess is that it's not recognizing premium status, hence trying to play the videos from youtube instead of GB's player as well as not allowing premium streams.

I tried re-linking my account to no avail, and tried the full uninstall and reinstall of the channel, but still no luck.

To throw in an additional data point, I'm having exactly the same issue. It started recently, within the past few months, but I can't be exactly sure when. I'm getting the resolution popup dialog as well, and no matter which I chose for subscriber videos, the result is the "error opening file" menu and no access to the videos. Other videos are playing fine, just all subscriber videos are unplayable.

Thank you Matt, for looking into this!

Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also wanted to add to this and say I am experiencing the same issue with the PLEX app on my Samsung TV. I am able to watch a single video, and then if I want to watch another without the error above I have to go to PLEX on my server and re-input a new LINK code.

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes , it is I think the way the connection sees it now after it creates a valid key for that one video ... next video , server sees it as a wrong key when it tries to connect and fails until a new key is made.

Still doing it , now just doing some airplay for now for the sub streams as making keys each time "stinks" :)

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Slow_pC

Anymore info on this ?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we had something that we were going to be pushing out that might affect our video API stuff. Pinging @frobie again.

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks !!!!

Laxaloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any update on this?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laxaloot: what specific issue are you having?

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

PLEX is something outside of EVE Online?

Danforth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Having the same issue as others in this thread. Can only watch one video per link code. Problem started a few months ago, I think? 90% of my Giant Bomb watching is done on my TV, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danforth: Sorry, it's still in the bug queue! Hopefully someone can take a look at it soon.

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happy to hear it is on the list, still the same issue here and new plex server and software release out so would test with that during bug killing.

obedox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By obedox

The Giant Bomb channel seems totally broken for me on the new plex server. Is this still being supported?

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By guanophobic

Searching for videos works for me, cannot see the categories after setting up my link code.

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Searching for videos works for me, cannot see the categories after setting up my link code.

I'm in the same boat. Strangely, searching works (it'll find archived videos), but now I'm only seeing the "Latest" category and can't actually play anything.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By mrpibb

hey guys, we'll be attacking the plex app fairly soon, need to hash out some last details with the API beforehand. Thank you for your patience.

Tweedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpibb: Thanks for the update ... I jumped in here to relay a similar issue as reported above, but knowing it will be worked on fairly soon was great to hear. Understand you all have tons on your plates, so no worries. Nice to know it will be fixed sometime though :)

Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noticed on the Video buddy app on IOS that they were talking about the API changes for these things. Airplay for now can work for me but weird that I was using the webapp for plex and updated key and that works fine , but did not store the information on the player on the machine it is coming from. Just did a clean installed and will be awaiting the changes :)

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still not getting any videos available in Plex, and it's been more than a week without an update from the staff. Is the API still having issues?

racer0940

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By racer0940

I'm able to watch public videos, but subscriber content throws an error: "An error occurred while attempting to navigate to the selected item. It appears that the associated server is no longer accessible." Then it forces me to go back to the home screen of plex.

jred250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep having to re-sync my Plex link after every video I watch. What do I need to do to fix this?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frobie or @mrpibb might be able to speak to this. It might have something to do with some API changes that are being made.

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes , this has been going on for a while now as noted ... for now I'm just letting them figure it out and for sub-only videos , airplay/safari is all I need. (Do hope it gets fixed though)

RedChops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me I used to only need to get a new link code for sub videos, now it seems to be all of them. It's not awful, just a minor inconvenience

FodderMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wrote a patch that should solve the link code issue and it has been merged into the Plex GiantBomb plugin, so hopefully this problem will go away once the update gets distributed to everybody. I have no idea when that will be though.

https://github.com/plexinc-plugins/GiantBomb.bundle/pull/9

RazorRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not able to get any subscriber content to play through the plex app even after updating the link code. I know some are having issues after playing 1 video, but I cant even get 1 to play. All non subscriber content plays fine. I'm using Plex on a Windows 8.1 PC and an Amazon Fire TV.

Lupinicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone still have a problem getting any video (sub or non-sub) to work with the Plex plugin? I have been trying to get it to work since February, but I have never been able to play a GB video through the Plex plugin. Every couple weeks I will delete the channel/plugin from Plex and reinstall it to see if fixes have been made. Just tried it a few minutes ago, and nothing worked. Other Plex plugins do work, so I don't think it is Plex itself. Any suggestions?

dancecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also having the same issue of the subscriber videos not working in Plex through Amazon Fire TV. All other videos work fine. I've tried updating the link code multiple times.

RazorRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

something changed w/ plex awhile back and we need to spend some time on it. Let me get it into our work queue.