Are these images even allowed?

• 96 results
MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@phished0ne: Point is that wiki should represent factual information about the subject and fan art is not that. It does not reflect intent, production values or opinions of the original subject matter, therefore it has no place in the wiki. I am not against fan art itself, usually it is cool and interesting, but it lessens the credibility of the whole wiki and should be no part of it in a way that it currently is.

If we're going to go that route, then we would have to scrub through the entire database removing any GB specific references that are made within them.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Phished0ne
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mikkaq said:

We might as well start listing fan fiction for these games too if that's the route we're taking.

"____ dragged ________ into the back of ___________, knowing that nobody would dare intrude upon what he was going to do.

'My, your coat's open a bit, _______', _______ uttered seductively. 'I can almost see your bulging chest and rippling muscles. How about we...you know...'

___________ interjected. 'But I can't! ________ is certainl-'

'Shhhh. _____ doesn't need to know anything. It's just you and me, big ______.'"

And then it continues on and on like that, even though you really wish it didn't.

There you go, that's the template for all of fan fiction. We can now shut fanfiction.net down.

@hailinel: I know it has been allowed since day one, but I figure with a new site comes a chance to take a look back at our policies to see what could be improved. I think fan-art doesn't add anything to a wiki page, it doesn't flesh out the world, it doesn't provide additional information, it just shows you how some fan interpreted characters that someone else designed, which isn't particularly interesting or relevant to a game's history. At the very least, it doesn't bring anything to the table that concept or promotional art doesn't, and at worst can give people a very wrong idea about a game or the characters in it, hence this thread.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@mikkaq said:

@video_game_king said:

@mikkaq said:

We might as well start listing fan fiction for these games too if that's the route we're taking.

"____ dragged ________ into the back of ___________, knowing that nobody would dare intrude upon what he was going to do.

'My, your coat's open a bit, _______', _______ uttered seductively. 'I can almost see your bulging chest and rippling muscles. How about we...you know...'

'Shhhh. _____ doesn't need to know anything. It's just you and me, big ______.'"

And then it continues on and on like that, even though you really wish it didn't.

There you go, that's the template for all of fan fiction. We can now shut fanfiction.net down.

@hailinel: I know it has been allowed since day one, but I figure with a new site comes a chance to take a look back at our policies to see what could be improved. I think fan-art doesn't add anything to a wiki page, it doesn't flesh out the world, it doesn't provide additional information, it just shows you how some fan interpreted characters that someone else designed, which isn't particularly interesting or relevant to a game's history. At the very least, it doesn't bring anything to the table that concept or promotional art doesn't, and at worst can give people a very wrong idea about a game or the characters in it, hence this thread.

And it doesn't take anything away from it either. As long as the rules are followed there shouldn't be any issues.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@mikkaq said:

@video_game_king said:

@mikkaq said:

And it doesn't take anything away from it either. As long as the rules are followed there shouldn't be any issues.

This. And it's absurd that fan art should somehow be considered out of bounds when the wiki itself is largely built by fans to begin with.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@hailinel said:

@demoskinos said:

@mikkaq said:

@video_game_king said:

@mikkaq said:

This. And it's absurd that fan art should somehow be considered out of bounds when the wiki itself is largely built by fans to begin with.

I agree with almost everything, but just so we're on the same page here. NO to fan FICTION right? Shit'll get weird.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

WHY AM I STILL INVOLVED IN THIS CONVERSATION!?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#58  Edited By Yummylee

How do you delete images anyway? I can't find any sort of delete option whenever I try to 'edit' images and I really wanna get rid of this ghastly POS -- which is somewhat NSFW btw.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As an eternal reminder of what your careless hands have wrought.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Video_Game_King

@video_game_king said:

As an eternal reminder of what your careless hands have wrought.

What does this have to do with anything being discussed here?
What does this have to do with anything being discussed here?

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@yummylee said:

How do you delete images anyway? I can't find any sort of delete option whenever I try to 'edit' images and I really wanna get rid of this ghastly POS -- which is somewhat NSFW btw.

You're just jealous because Barry is not included ;)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assinass said:

@yummylee said:

You're just jealous because Barry is not included ;)

How very dare you, Barry's a family man!.. Plus he's too good for those tarts anyway.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@hailinel said:

@charlie_victor_bravo said:

@phished0ne: Point is that wiki should represent factual information about the subject and fan art is not that. It does not reflect intent, production values or opinions of the original subject matter, therefore it has no place in the wiki. I am not against fan art itself, usually it is cool and interesting, but it lessens the credibility of the whole wiki and should be no part of it in a way that it currently is.

It reflects culture and fan interest in a game, and it doesn't do anything to lessen the credibility of the wiki. I don't know where you get such a ridiculous argument.

OK, I see your point and I am fine with this.

I take that back, there seems to be some sort of double standard where badly drawn image (containing nothing questionable) that I uploaded was not "fan art" but badly drawn images with visible panties is considered as valid "fan art" for the giant bomb wiki.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@charlie_victor_bravo said:

It reflects culture and fan interest in a game, and it doesn't do anything to lessen the credibility of the wiki. I don't know where you get such a ridiculous argument.

OK, I see your point and I am fine with this.

I see what you did there. You're not improving your case.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By Phished0ne

@charlie_victor_bravo: Fair enough, get rid of all fan art. But lets get rid of these while we are at it. You would had a valid point if you JUST wanted to prevent fan art from being used as the images directly in the body of a wiki article. But using that argument to try and prevent fan art from even being in the images section is completely stupid considering the state of the staff pages and some other people pages on the wiki.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@chaser324 or @zombiepie: One of you guys feel like deleting this image that @charlie_victor_bravo uploaded as a joke?

Hey, that image reflects artists interpretation of the subject matter and a fan interest in the game. Granted she is only 4 and never before has used a drawing tablet, but that does not matter - she really liked to watch that game being played. I am sure that image in question might look amateurish in your eyes, but so might this one seem in the eyes of creators of the original style and art. Is there some sort of quality standard that images that would be allowed as a fan art must uphold?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlie_victor_bravo: I think you mean you spent four minutes in Microsoft Paint just so you could whip something up to make a weak attempt at a point. You're not uploading actual fan art. You're just uploading scribbles you can use to justify your position.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@hailinel: The dude does have an interesting point. Fan art is fan art, whether it's good or not is completely subjective.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I take it users simply can't delete images anymore then? Is that because the option hasn't been implemented yet, or is that now a new rule across the wiki?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I was a little more appalled to find out there were more than two princesses now. This new generation man.. they just TAKE AND TAKE.. when I was a kid.. we were happy to have even one princess in another castle.

balrogsbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

while we are talking about fan art, what's the rule about just finding someone's drawing of Mario and sticking it here as someone who draws i don't know how i would feel if someone had gone onto google images and just used something i had done

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: HIs "point" is little more than "fanart is bad and has no place in the wiki."

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Video_Game_King

@yummylee:

You do it by editing the tags on an image and hitting "remove".

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee:

You do it by editing the tags on an image and hitting "remove".

There is no ''remove'' option on my side. All I get are ''save'' and ''make default''.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee:

Really? Maybe it's only in our personal galleries? Or it follows the same rules as putting a banner on the wiki? I don't know, man.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Ryan dragged Jeff into the back of the little sausalito office, knowing that nobody would dare intrude upon what he was going to do.

'My, your coat's open a bit,and you look so hungry', Ryan uttered seductively. 'I can almost see your bulging chest and rippling muscles. How about we...you know...'

Jeff interjected. 'But I can't! Brad is certainl-'

'Shhhh. Brad doesn't need to know anything. It's just you and me, Big Jeffrey.'"

and you know how the rest goes.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By AlexW00d

@hailinel said:

@charlie_victor_bravo: I think you mean you spent four minutes in Microsoft Paint just so you could whip something up to make a weak attempt at a point. You're not uploading actual fan art. You're just uploading scribbles you can use to justify your position.

What he uploaded is about as appropriate as any other piece of fan art is to the wiki. Just cause you like creepy pictures of anime children in next to no clothing doesn't mean everyone else on this site should be subjected to it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Hailinel

@alexw00d said:

@hailinel said:

What he uploaded is about as appropriate as any other piece of fan art is to the wiki. Just cause you like creepy pictures of anime children in next to no clothing doesn't mean everyone else on this site should be subjected to it.

Oh, accusing me of pedophilia. Fantastic. Do you enjoy engaging in unwarranted attacks like that?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#80  Edited By AlexW00d

@hailinel: I didn't accuse you being a paedophile and you full well know that. The point is, creepy shit is creepy, regardless of whether you or the dude who uploaded it in the first places enjoys it, and the Giant Bomb wiki is no place for creepy shit.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@humanity said:

I was a little more appalled to find out there were more than two princesses now. This new generation man.. they just TAKE AND TAKE.. when I was a kid.. we were happy to have even one princess in another castle.

Peach is just the princess of a kingdom. Rosalina is ruler of the entire galaxy.

charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, my nieces picture was removed from Persona 3 fan art gallery!

No Caption Provided

But they still allow as badly drawn stuff in the same gallery:

No Caption Provided

Because they both kind artistically, is it because the other has visible panties? (Just to make things clear: upper image is my nieces removed image and lower one is someone else's image still left on the gallery.)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

"Sonic dragged Shadow into the back of the Mystic Ruins, knowing that nobody would dare intrude upon what he was going to do.

'My, your coat's open a bit, Shadow', Sonic uttered seductively. 'I can almost see your bulging chest and rippling muscles. How about we...you know...'

Shadow interjected. 'But I can't! Dojima is certainl-'

'Shhhh. Dojima-san doesn't need to know anything. It's just you and me, big Shades.'"

And then First Date by Blink-182 starts playing.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@alexw00d said:

@hailinel said:

Oh, accusing me of pedophilia. Fantastic. Do you enjoy engaging in unwarranted attacks like that?

I want to say that it's warranted, but I can't remember if it's you or me who created the pedophilia page :P.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By dungbootle
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dungbootle:

Aw shit.

Also, should I start a thread for the fanfic thing, or would that be considered spammy?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Peach is just the princess of a kingdom. Rosalina is ruler of the entire galaxy.

No, just stop.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@humanity said:

No, just stop.

Stop what? Not sure what i'm doing here.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What about all this Tali fanart stuff?

http://www.giantbomb.com/talizorah-nar-rayya/3005-2372/images/?tag=Delete%20this

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalsaiyan: There is Princess Peach, then there is Daisy.. AND NOTHING ELSE!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@humanity said:

@immortalsaiyan: There is Princess Peach, then there is Daisy.. AND NOTHING ELSE!

Daisy is just a Peach wannabee with attitude. Rosalina has a cute story book and a magic force field.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Hailinel

@charlie_victor_bravo:

I think you know why yours was removed, and since you seem to only be capable of communicating through sarcasm at this point, I'm through talking to you.

@video_game_king:

If it's any consolation, I created both the rape and incest pages.

@alexw00d said:

@hailinel: I didn't accuse you being a paedophile and you full well know that. The point is, creepy shit is creepy, regardless of whether you or the dude who uploaded it in the first places enjoys it, and the Giant Bomb wiki is no place for creepy shit.

You said, and I quote:

@alexw00d said:

Just cause you like creepy pictures of anime children in next to no clothing doesn't mean everyone else on this site should be subjected to it.

What do you call that?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

If it's any consolation, I created both the rape and incest pages.

What the shit?
What the shit?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#94  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So what is the rule about pervy fan art with very little clothing and near upskirts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naked cartoon pussy strikes again.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers