• 153 results
GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GenghisJohn

So I was thinking to myself that I needed a new game, I decided to take a look what was coming out. Browsing through the releases for this year left me a little bummed out, GTA5 is going to be awesome and there are some good games on this list but I am not super excited.

Dead Space 3

Crysis 3

New Gears game

Tomb Raider

Bioshock

Splinter Cell

Lost planet 3

Of course the new console announcement makes this all irrelevant, but that's still 10 months away?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

I will play half if not two thirds of that and probably have a good time, not to mention how much I still haven't played from what I bought last year. I'll be fine but if that isn't doing it for you, try some older games. I'm still playing Skyrim.

If you feel that starved, you could get a new console, or a gaming PC. Or read.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Come on! Everyone says this at beginning of the year, but there's always a crap load of great games coming out. Besides, you missed a few.

• Sim City
  • The Cave
  • The Last of Us
  • Beyond: Two Souls
  • StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

These are just the games with solid release dates. There's always at least a couple surprises.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

I don't see why people complain so much at the start of the year, are the 1000's of games already available not good enough?

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SeanFoster

Some 2012 games I ended up liking the most weren't even on my radar this time last year.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deusx

What of those games is going to suck? This year is going to be fucking awesome man. There's always a bunch of unannounced games coming before E3 you know? Indie games and that kind of stuff and then there's console announcements!

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By MildMolasses
DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By DarthOrange

Fuck this shit again? Last year was fucking fantastic and this year looks awesome as well. 

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Those are all games I'm either looking forward to or at the very least curious to see and play. Gears, Crysis, BioShock, and Tomb Raider are pretty high on my list. I'm intrigued to see if Lost Planet 3 is better than 2 and I like the new direction, Dead Space 3 seems to be suffering from cynical dumb asses syndrome and looks pretty cool to me, and Splinter Cell looked pretty awesome, and the only reason I'm not more excited is that games from that particular vein haven't been so great lately (Ghost Recon, HAWX, etc). But it looked really cool.

I'd also like to point out the following: Sim City, The Last of Us, The Cave, Injustice: Gods Among Us. And it seems that Star Wars 1313, Watch Dogs, and the Double Fine Kickstarter game are expected some time this year.

It's half way through January and so far, this looks pretty promising when you consider that there will be at least one new console out this year as well, which will bring, if nothing else, cool tech demo launch games.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strife777

Ummm what? 2013 seems like it's going to be fucking awesome. I really don't know what you're talking about.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By mesoian

@GenghisJohn said:

So I was thinking to myself that I needed a new game, I decided to take a look what was coming out. Browsing through the releases for this year left me a little bummed out, GTA5 is going to be awesome and there are some good games on this list but I am not super excited.

Dead Space 3

Crysis 3

New Gears game

Tomb Raider

Bioshock

Splinter Cell

Lost planet 3

Of course the new console announcement makes this all irrelevant, but that's still 10 months away?

They may not be at the top of your hype list, but all of those games look solid.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#12  Edited By isomeri

Feel free to add Sim City to that list. Also remember that those games are supposed to come out in just the first half of the year. I think that this year is really exciting exactly because none of us know what the hell is going to go down at E3 or the end of the year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The announcement will be at E Goddamn 3, not ten seconds before they're on sale.

Look at announced games and notice how they all evaporate right around June, and how maybe something will happen in June that will cut all new game sales on current consoles in half.

There's exactly as many games on the way this year than last year. Hell, what is it, Moore's Law? There's probably more.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dixavd

How can someone join a forum for video games and think "despite how good previous years have been for video games; this year is the one which will suck"?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeanFoster said:

Some 2012 games I ended up liking the most weren't even on my radar this time last year.

Precisely. :-)

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By veektarius

This is probably going to be a pretty slow year on the AAA front, but you have every reason to expect a bumper crop of indie games and finished Kickstarter projects that probably aren't on the same level of publicity as these titles, I think. There should be, anyway, because the lack of AAA competition should increase the amount of $s available to these developers this year.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yep, every year sucks.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Branthog

I haven't understood the whole "2013 will be the best gaming year, ever!" thing.

This is going to be a lame-duck year, as developers gear-up for the new console, consumers dry-up with regard to funneling cash into the existing consoles, and the games we do get are primarily the third and fourth and sixth iteration of a franchise. And, on top of that, even more shitty DRM and always-on crap (hello, SimCity, which I looked forward to for years and will now probably not buy out of principal!).

This won't be a terrible year, but it's not going to be a glorious year, either. The real bright spot of 2013 is going to be the excitement over new-consoles, which is an excitement we haven't had the pleasure of for almost a decade. If you want to know what year is going to be amazing, look toward 2016, when the new consoles are out and developers are on their second or third game and really starting to make the most out of the new hardware.

In the meantime, there will be a lot of smaller games (think of some upcoming indies and kickstarter projects) to come out this year and next, which will keep things enjoyable.

As for the original poster's list. I'm pretty much exhausted with regard to every title there. They may end up being fine games, but no part of me is squealing in excitement at the prospect of yet another fucking Gears of War game, another Tomb Raider game, another Splinter Cell game, another Dead Space game (getting worse as the series drags on), or a Crysis game (the engine is far more interesting than the extremely bland genre tech-demo that Crysis always is), another Lost Planet (honestly, the first one really turned me off to the point that I haven't felt compelled to give the second one a try, even). The only title on that list that I'm looking forward to is Bioshock Infinite, which I'm approaching with apprehension so as not to be disappointed.

Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls will hopefully be incredible, but . . . there's always room to be let down. They're a couple of my most anticipated for the year, but I'm not assuming they're going to be amazing, at all. GTA V is a pretty reliable blast and hopefully they've learned a lot after GTA IV. SimCity . . . I'm disappointed in the direction it seems to be going, with comments like "we didn't include subway systems this time, because it's hard to do and why do something that isn't going to have pretty shiny graphics for the player to drool over!" and the shitty DRM masked under "it's so you can play with all your friends who . . . don't even play SimCity!". A lot of the rest is just . . . not my wheel house. Nothing with super-heros or comic book characters or rosters of dudes fighting each other in a 2D plane does anything for me.

But . . . does anyone have a list of amazing RPGs coming out? Especially western style RPGs? Anything where you control a party of characters and maybe do so from a top-down or isometric view? How about sim games that aren't racing games or Sim City? How about big online shooters that aren't BF4? (I'm not being rhetorical, I'm sincerely looking for titles, here, because I can't htink of any at the moment).

Oh - and are there any awesome MMOs coming out in 2013?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShockD

GTA V is enough for the year to be awesome, come on.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dacnomaniac

GTA V. Why does nobody have faith? D:

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By djou

Are you mental? Those games you listed (and the others mentioned in so far) all are potentially some of the best games of the generation. If even a quarter of them turn out good that's at least one good, if not great game a month until summer. Then the hype machine begins for the launch of three new consoles. Then there could be a bunch of sleeper hits, Metro Last Light and Remember Me to name a few, and previews of what the established game franchises (Uncharted, Halo) will do on next generation consoles. If anything I think this may be the most bananas years in a long time. Its three weeks into 2013 and already there's a firestorm of controversy with DmC and that game looks very decent.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By musubi

I think y'all are crazy...

• Anarchy Reigns
  • DmC
  • Tomb Raider
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • The Last of Us

And that is just stuff that has an actual release date! 2013 is going to be packed and there is plenty of good stuff from 2012 to play as well!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By JasonR86

@DarthOrange said:

Fuck this shit again? Last year was fucking fantastic and this year looks awesome as well.
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By awesomeusername

Get a damn PlayStation 3 then. You can't tell me that:

are all going to be just "good". They all look like great games, some even fantastic. These aren't even counting the dozen of games that are probably coming out but still have no release.

Hell, those are the games that I personally am interested in. You still have so many other games coming out that look great. You're fucking nuts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dac8b1b10957
deactivated-5dac8b1b10957

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

GTA V? Well, I mean GTA IV wasn't great. A good portion of that game could have been called, "Random Mundane Task Simulator 2008," or "Annoying Family Member Simulator 2008."

Let's hope they don't do that again.

Also, let's not put a South Park game on any list. Not one game with "South Park" in the title has ever been worth playing.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JoeyRavn

You know why 2013 will suck? Because someone will like something I don't. And that's mean and wrong. How dare they!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AlexW00d

I don't think I'll be playing a single game mentioned in this thread, so I guess I agree?

OH WELL EUROPA UNIVERSALIS 4 GOTY 2013

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By MildMolasses

@Branthog: I don't think it will be the best year ever, but there is certainly a solid line-up of games with coming out in the next few months. But saying this year will suck? That's just silly

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dogma

I actually thought that 2012 was kind of a slow year. Without some really outstanding indie delveloped titles last year wouln't been as good. Many AAA titles let me down or didn't do anything really exciting. The first half of 2013 on the other hand looks really strong and awesome. I look forward to:

Sim City, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry (already released but I have been positive for it), The Cave, Last of Us, Two Souls, MGS Revengence, Pikmin 3, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Bayonetta 2, Metro: Last Light, South Park: Stick of Truth, Grand Theft Auto 5, Remember Me and Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm. Probably a bunch of indie/XBLA/PSN titles too.

Will everything be good? Mabey not. Something may disapoint but I know that a lot of late 2012 titles got shuffled into 2013 and I look forward to them a lot. Everyone has their own taste but I think that the first known half of 2013 looks very interesting. Then we have the interesting part of the other half of 2013. We know almost nothing about it. That would indicate that there is a bunch of games there that we don't now about yet, and there is a high chance that it may be next gen games to boot and that's why we know som little about the later part of 2013 because Sony and Microsoft don't allow publishers to speak about hem yet.

I for one is excited! 2013 seem to be a great year!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pyrodactyl

Guys, there isn't been such volume of great games in the first six months of a year ever! The games from Q4 aren't even announced yet. 2013 is looking awesome.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By me3639

Im totally excited for the PS3 and PC exclusives that are supposed to be released this year. That's just me though, to each their own.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By theguy

I see you're a glass half full guy... Come on there are always awesome surprises, there's no point writing the year off already. You'll have to live through it either way.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LikeaSsur

I remember people saying the same thing about 2012.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dezztroy

Eh, 2013 is looking great for the PC crowd.

buddysmokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By buddysmokes

The main problem with some of these games are they are either just cash generating sequels (apart from bio shock) and reboots. Dead space 3 feels so removed from its origins that it might aswell be called something else. crysis 3 just looks like another average shooter, the tech will be nice on pc but thats all its really got going for it. All they've done with tomb raider is turn it into uncharted. Looking foward to sim city even though i'll have to play it on my bro's pc, bit sceptical about the last of us just because deep down its still a zombie game. And hopefully we'll see star wars 1313 and watchdogs confirmed as launch titles. This years e3 will be a good one.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we going to get a thread like this every year?

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By C0V3RT

I'm sure there's a number of off the radar games that will be worth it. I'm totally fine though if the year is slow as it saves money for new consoles.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Branthog

People seem really excited about the fifth and tenth iteration of a franchise. For all of you saying "ermagherd, best year ever!" -- let's consider that it's very reasonable to feel a sense of franchise-exhaustion and most of the titles people are throwing up are pretty deep into the franchise, numerically. Personally, I feel an awfully lot like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, looking at these lists of "what's awesome that is coming out in 2013".

@CaptainTightPants said:

Are we going to get a thread like this every year?

And you're going to like it!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Dezztroy said:

Eh, 2013 is looking great for the PC crowd.

I would say it's more of a PS3 year and I don't even own one. They get the last of us and GTA5 over the PC.

Besides, pretty sure there will be a bunch of 720 and PS4 exclusives not available for the PC at the end of the year.

The only thing the PC has going for it is the starcraft expension and a better experience with Bioshock infinite if they fuck up with the frame rate on consoles.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Branthog

@JasonR86 said:

@DarthOrange said:

Fuck this shit again? Last year was fucking fantastic and this year looks awesome as well.

FUCK YOU GUYS AND FUCK YOUR OPTIMISM.

:D

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41  Edited By granderojo

I'm far more excited for 2013 than I was for 2012 with gaming, like orders of magnitude more excited.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Branthog

@thabigred said:

I'm far more excited for 2013 than I was for 2012 with gaming, like orders of magnitude more excited.

Part of me actually hopes it turns out to be a dud of a year, so I am forced to go back to my pile of shame, which is literally over a thousand deep. :/

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By The_Nubster

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yep, every year sucks.

Both at the beginning of each year and in retrospect, every single year does, indeed, suck.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kindgineer

I think you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, because there are plenty of announced games on the horizon and bound to have a handful of surprises pop up. I mean, I don't think anyone thought Far Cry 3 was going to hit as hard as it did, and Journey was a fantastic experience 2011 didn't see coming. Give it some time...

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By oraknabo

GTAV is my main interest this year. I will probably buy Tomb Raider & Bioshock Infinite unless I see a ton of terrible reviews. I'm glad the Cave is coming out soon.

It seems like this will be much more of a year to watch indies and wait for some of the more interesting Kickstarter projects to materialize.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Quarters

I think this year is going to be totally awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The first half of this year alone has a lot of releases that I'm excited about.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By randiolo

Its the games you dont know about or have no faith in that are the ones to watch..

jap_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jap_2002

This year has plenty of awesome titles coming out. It may seem a little lite on releases due to the upcoming new consoles.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kerned

Almost all of my favorite games of 2011 and 2012 were games that weren't on my radar at all at the beginning of those years. I don't expect 2013 to be much different.