• 93 results
klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By klaus

Ok so we all know that some games are just awful. Whether it maybe because of the story or gameplay some games fall short of the developers intentions. So what i ask you is what games old or new deserve sequels even though the first game is considers by the majority trash. 

For example i thought Turning Point: Fall of Liberty had a good chance of being a great game. Granted the gameplay was awful, but the concept for the story had potential. 
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Icil

Drake of 100 Dragons anyone?

Seriously, though, I think that the old Magic the Gathering game would be awesome if they made a more free-roaming, action-oriented sequel.

Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rex

Lost Kingdoms. Well technically it did have a sequel, but its sequel once again failed to deliver on the potential the game design had it its core.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By gearhead

Big Rigs. I want the game with semi updated graphics, but still borken gameplay.

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DarkLegend

Legend of Dragoon

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By gearhead
DarkLegend said:
"Legend of Dragoon"

Was that a JRPG on the orginal Playstation?
geneticgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By geneticgamer

BIG RIGS

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Schizoid

Hm, Jedi Academy. While it isn't a REALLY bad game, it's still bad if you compare it to Jedi Outcast. The single player levels were no where near as good, making the player control Jaden Korr instead of Kyle was a terrible idea because Kyle basically is the Jed Knight series. He's been in Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, DFII mysteries of the Sith and Jedi Outcast, why the heck would they randomly change the main character? Ugh.

JethroVegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JethroVegas

Assassin's Creed.
They've got a damn good engine, and they have great controls... now they just need to give us some actual content.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Red Steel.

PaperPlain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PaperPlain

Yoshi's Story.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By phatkav

Red Steel. And there is Killzone, but that is already getting a sequel that hopefully will be good.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By coakroach

Killzone
Hmmmmmmm

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scorched
klaus said:
"Ok so we all know that some games are just awful. Whether it maybe because of the story or gameplay some games fall short of the developers intentions. So what i ask you is what games old or new deserve sequels even though the first game is considers by the majority trash. 

For example i thought Turning Point: Fall of Liberty had a good chance of being a great game. Granted the gameplay was awful, but the concept for the story had potential. 
"
What if Hitler won World War II
good concept?
not really, It's been done

but just saw big rigs and agree

you are winner!
Agent_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Agent_8

Red Steel 2 with the new Wii motion plus.

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scorched
caption
Just thought I'd throw this in I tried to edit it into the last post but had some technical difficulties.
osmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By osmiles

I'd like to see a good Evil Dead game. The source material deserves a good game.

Deculture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deculture

Deus Ex needs another game. Hear it's in development from rumors. Deus Ex: Invisible War was one of the worst FPS I have ever played. Loading times were terrible.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By epic_pets

big rigs

Avatar image for worldsfastestshrimppeeler
WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'd like to see a good Red Steel game.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Lies

Schizoid said:

"Hm, Jedi Academy. While it isn't a REALLY bad game, it's still bad if you compare it to Jedi Outcast. The single player levels were no where near as good, making the player control Jaden Korr instead of Kyle was a terrible idea because Kyle basically is the Jed Knight series. He's been in Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, DFII mysteries of the Sith and Jedi Outcast, why the heck would they randomly change the main character? Ugh.
"
I really liked Jedi Academy.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blu_Magic

I'll just go with everyone else and say Big Rigs.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By DARKIDO07

Perfect Dark Zero, nuff said.

Grape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By Grape

Kane & Lynch. The characters and music are badass.

comedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By comedy
Osmiles said:
"I'd like to see a good Evil Dead game. The source material deserves a good game.
"
A good Evil Dead game would be amazing.
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By Termite

Yeah, with big rigs you can really go nowhere but up.

Also, Custom Robo for the gamecube. That thing was terrible

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By tec3297

I've been wanting to play Turning Point, the story sounded great, and maybe if they give the series over to another developer it could be a great game play experience as well.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By tariqari
Schizoid said:
"Hm, Jedi Academy. While it isn't a REALLY bad game, it's still bad if you compare it to Jedi Outcast. The single player levels were no where near as good, making the player control Jaden Korr instead of Kyle was a terrible idea because Kyle basically is the Jed Knight series. He's been in Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, DFII mysteries of the Sith and Jedi Outcast, why the heck would they randomly change the main character? Ugh.
"
I agree.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gunswordfist

Legendary: The Box

mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By mrjared

Not that I thought it was bad per se, but WET deserves a second chance and a much better sequel. It has a whole lot of charm and great ideas behind it, but its clear that A2M simply ran out of time. The entire final level was a long series of quick-time events and the audio track doesn't even seem complete throughout the whole thing :( 

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ZenaxPure
@MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
" Red Steel. "
This, and while I have full faith the sequel will be great it is a new setting, new characters, new guns, new moves. Everything. Despite the game play flaws I thought the style and story of Red Steel was damn cool and wanted to see a sequel to that.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gunswordfist

I keep on hearing complaints about Wet. But for its gameplay type alone, I'd love to see q sequel.
PDC_Emulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PDC_Emulator
@Scorched: There is actually a novel written by Phillip K Dick that explores this same concept...  

The Man In The High Castle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AltonBrown

I know it's not a bad game by any means (in fact, it's one of my favorites). but I'd like to see a sequel to The Darkness. Preferably with the Angelus and Witchblade.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Too Human, I'd say. That game had some issues, but there is a lot of potential to be reaped. 

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Belonpopo

Sabotuer, Fuel, Ghostbusters, Mercs 2. 

Legendary: The Box

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dbz1995

Call of Duty.

FLAMESHIELD ON!

(I don't actually mean this)

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Cerza

Cy Girls.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mordukai
@klaus: Umm, how about a solid 'NO' to the Turning Point sequel. Considering the flop that was the first game I won't be expecting a sequel any time soon, or at all for that matter. 
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@PaperPlain said:
" Yoshi's Story. "
I just recently played this game..  Never understood the hate it recieved before, I assumed it was just like the SNES version.
After playing it, I honestly can't believe how bad it was and how much it deviated from the original..

It's probably the only game I've ever played that I really wish I hadn't. 
fishinwithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By fishinwithguns

I'd love another proper Mega Man X sequel.  While I actually loved MegaMan X8, many people think the series totally went downhill after X4, never fully redeeming itself.  I think the 3D perspective/2D gameplay worked great with the formula.  I don't think Capcom is interested in doing another one though, they might do another MegaMan ZX type game on the DS but I'd actually love a next-gen X game...provided they could pull it off well.  It's a tired formula, maybe... but it would be cool if they could mess with it to come up with something fresh, yet familiar.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hatking

Kane and Lynch.  The game was developed by an otherwise trustworthy studio and there are some brilliant concepts there, specifically the idea behind the multiplayer.  However the execution was terrible, the game was buggy, rushed and looked really uneven.  The story could have been good, but ended up wrapping up in a really weird way hurting the chance of a good story in a sequel.  I feel like if they spent more time working on making the game playable, then it would have been good, maybe even possible to overlook how awful the story ended. 

However the idea of sequels is just annoying to me.  People or at least the suits in the production companies invest way too much in the "name" of a franchise.  I understand that it is fun to rob banks, but do we really need to call it Kane and Lynch?  I get that war is a good topic for a video game, but seriously Spec Ops?  What are they really going to lose by calling them something else, starting a new story and not having real gamers draw comparisons from a totally under par product? 

EDIT:  Let me add that I think a far more interesting topic would be: "Great Games That Don't Need Sequels" 
Bioshock and Dead Space both pop out at me.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By TheHT
@Schizoid said:
" Hm, Jedi Academy. While it isn't a REALLY bad game, it's still bad if you compare it to Jedi Outcast. The single player levels were no where near as good, making the player control Jaden Korr instead of Kyle was a terrible idea because Kyle basically is the Jed Knight series. He's been in Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, DFII mysteries of the Sith and Jedi Outcast, why the heck would they randomly change the main character? Ugh. "
They should Make JK5 follow up after the dark side ending where you play as Kyle and have to hunt down Jaden. Of course they could just follow up the light side ending and make you play as Kyle in a totally unrelated story. Still, that dark side ending sets up what could be a pretty interesting scenario.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gunswordfist
@needforswede said:
"I'd love another proper Mega Man X sequel.  While I actually loved MegaMan X8, many people think the series totally went downhill after X4, never fully redeeming itself.  I think the 3D perspective/2D gameplay worked great with the formula.  I don't think Capcom is interested in doing another one though, they might do another MegaMan ZX type game on the DS but I'd actually love a next-gen X game...provided they could pull it off well.  It's a tired formula, maybe... but it would be cool if they could mess with it to come up with something fresh, yet familiar. "

Yeah, another Mega Man X would be awesome.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirror's Edge 
Nuff said 

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By meteora
@addictedtopinescent: I heard they're doing a trilogy on the game; or well they planned it anyways.

Also I want a sequel for Legend of Dragoons. It wasn't a bad game actually; just that it got mixed reception from reviewers. That game is one of my favourite RPGs.
JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By JohnTheGamer
Breakdown. I thought this was a fantastic game held back by some poor controls. The story was intense and very psychologically thrilling. Anyone who likes the work of Suda51 ought to check it out.
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Meteora: I had a friend who was really into that game, from what I remember when he was telling me about it it sounds like a game due for a current gen sequel
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By meteora
@addictedtopinescent: Nah I doubt it... Sony Computer Entertainment made it. So if it was a commercial or reception failure, why bother with the game?
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Meteora: No reason when F13 will be scratching basically the same JRPG itch