Could MS win E3 if they get Modern 2....

Pabs9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pabs9

In your opinon, could MS win E3 if they get the Modern Warfare 2 beta? Rember the first Modern Warfare beta was exclusive to LIVE so if Infinity Wards shows a demo and at the end says" we are doing it again, Modern Warfare 2 will have a beta and will be excluisve to MS" if this was to happen do you think this would be enough in your opinion for MS to win E3? Or does MS have to have more ammo because from rumors and blogs, people are pointing that Sony  will win E3. What are your thoughts?

Seijur0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Seijur0

I wasn't aware that E3 was a competition.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TheKidNixon

The concept of winning E3 kinda cracks me up.

That said, yes, this would be a big win for X-Box. Though I am curious what the general breakdown of PS3 player base to 360 is, and if this would be less of a megaton and more of a common sense decision for Activision.

Pabs9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pabs9
@Seijur0:
 you be suprise how the BIG 3 do think so....i like the whole fanboy  BSc ause i think some fanboys are not opened minded....but for me would be great to get MW2 beta for LIVE
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By fr0br0

No. Because it would eventually come to the PS3 and PC as well... in it's full version.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DECA555

E3 is an expo of all things gaming, not a who can pay off developers more competition. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Karmum

No, they can have a good show if they announce new IPs, because I think I can say for the majority of us, we are tired of them "stealing" exclusive games. Especially ones nearly two years old by the time the game is released, again. I doubt an eventual MW2 Beta will be exclusive to one console, however.

Pabs9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pabs9
@DECA555:
true man, but MS has the weakiest frist party so they have to buy third  party games, for example Gears, Crackdown and now with Bungie( I really want them to do something other than Halo)
DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DECA555
@Pabs9: exactly. I was not surprised to see MS sucking off Bethesda and Rockstar for that "exclusive DLC". They have done it before and it filled the gap when they had no games coming. 
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Pabs9 said:
@DECA555: true man, but MS has the weakiest frist party so they have to buy third  party games, for example ... [more]
Who would classify Bungie as truly 3rd party?  It's like saying Insomiac is 3rd party. Technically,yes, but everyone knows they're essentially 1s

Anyway-

1) Winning issubjunctive-- I'd value a new mistwalker game than call fo duty game
2) no, people only care about new games/ gameplay of things we haven't seen for the most part

Pabs9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pabs9
@DECA555:
agree,  i rather have MS paying for DLC or buying games than just sitting there waiting for someone to knock on there door and be like "hey can we develop for you"
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By killdave

Yes they would win E3. Sony and Nintendo would be eliminated from the show and next year E3 would be Microsoft exclusive.

Edit: Sorry if my answer is as stupid as your question.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By natetodamax

I think Microsoft will win either way because of the awesome line of games coming out for the Xbox

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By RedSox8933

How does someone "win" E3?

Pabs9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pabs9
@SmugDarkLoser:
1. Bungie, i  would put 1600 ms points are going to develop for PS3 before this generation is done ...i wont be shocked if they do something simple on the DS too
2. mistwalker really? both games they have done did poorly!
3. Insomiac IMO is 2 party, ala turn 10 for MS....they wont bite the hand that feeds
Pabs9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pabs9
@natetodamax:
i hope your joking right? what they have besides HALO and SC(if that ever does come out)...im a big MS fanboy but even I have doubt they great software this yr...but hopefully MS does shock with games June 1
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fr0br0
Pabs9 said:
@natetodamax: i hope your joking right? what they have besides HALO and SC(if that ever does come out)...im a big ... [more]
He was actually talking about the original Xbox. The ace up MS sleeve is developers revisiting the Xbox and making new, original, and outstanding games for it...
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By natetodamax
@Pabs9:

Mass Effect 2
Lost Planet 2 (Originally Xbox Exclusive)
Bioshock 2 (Originally Xbox Exclusive)
Halo 3: ODST

Those 4 games are enough to warrant a win.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By meteora

I don't think it would be a "win" for Microsoft to have the Modern Warfare 2 beta while the PS3 does not (and possibly but unlikely the PC version) on the wide scale. However it would definitely be a win for console fanboys who are into MW2, that's about it.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_A_Drain

I didnt realise E3 was a competition...

Pabs9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pabs9
@Meteora:  true, that trailer is making me wish november was here already
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By azteris
Voxel said:
@Pabs9: Mass Effect 2 Lost Planet 2 (Originally Xbox Exclusive) Bioshock 2 (Originally Xbox Exclusive) Halo 3: ODST Those 4 games ... [more]
Just emphasizing.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Karmum
Voxel said:
@Pabs9: Mass Effect 2 Lost Planet 2 (Originally Xbox Exclusive) Bioshock 2 (Originally Xbox Exclusive) Halo 3: ODST Those 4 games ... [more]
Ah damn, people are still sucked into Halo 3? Poor saps, just gonna be playin' Halo 3 all over again. I do want more info on both Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2, however.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Feanor

Last year Ravi won E3

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By natetodamax
@Karmum: I'm mainly just interested to see how ODST plays out and if it's well receieved (which I'm sure it will be).
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OmegaPirate

Winning e3 huh? 

No Caption Provided

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By EpicSteve
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By TheGreatGuero

One key to winning this year would be to keep Duffy as far away from E3 as possible. No offense to the girl, I thought her song was alright and everything, but it's not suited to Microsoft's E3 audience at all. Also, don't spend 10 minutes demonstrating stupid games no one cares about like We're In The Movies!

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheKidNixon
TheGreatGuero said:
One key to winning this year would be to keep Duffy as far away from E3 as possible. No offense ... [more]
Actually, that's a good point. All the good will and major announcements in the world won't change anything if they spend the healthy center of their presentation again doing casual "You're in the Movies 2" type stuff. That will take the lionshare of attention, unless there is some major demo for a game none of us see coming.
Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shinryu

Hell no, a beta of a FPS game should not merit a major coup for any of these organisations nor will it. If past E3's are anything to go by far more important announcements and coups will be announced.