User Lists: 5

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

I remember seeing a this video (or was it another video of the CryEngine 3). It doesn't bring anything new to the table but it looks better.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Brunchies
@PeasForFees said:
" Before anyone says it, It is not as good as 2 because 3 was made for consoles, and the PS3 version has some minor visual effects over the 360 version, lets leave it at that "
This
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

i teared up (well, not really.). it looks absolutely beautiful 

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Warfare
@PeasForFees: Putting out the fire before it starts.
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MeierTheRed

The thing i find awesome about this engine is the ease of making three different platforms look as identical as possible. And before some PC nut job jump on me here, yes i know the PC version of whatever game might be used with this engine will look better, that is a no brainer and we get it.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate

That looked sweet, apart from the 'Unreal tournament' city, and the parts where you saw a gun being fired, which looked - -underwhelming compared to the rest

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Drebin_893

Crytek said they wanted to work on the actual motion, movement and particle effects for this engine as opposed to what it would look like in still form.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By wrecks

Look forward to many games using this, they will be plentiful.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By guiseppe

That does look bijou-tee-full.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Warfare
@guiseppe said:
" That does look bijou-tee-full. "
Indeed.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks
@PeasForFees said:

" Before anyone says it, It is not as good as 2 because 3 was made for consoles, and the PS3 version has some minor visual effects over the 360 version, lets leave it at that "

CryEngine 3 is not exclusive to consoles, there is a Windows version which has no doubt been updated significantly over CryEngine 2.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zeforgotten
@Brunchies said:
" @PeasForFees said:
This "
That man speaks the truth
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Akeldama
@PeasForFees said:
exactly. This is designed for the consoles and we all know a super computer always trumps a console. The ps3 does have a slight edge here, but it wont matter come launch.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Diamond
@ZeForgotten said:

" @Brunchies said:

" @PeasForFees said:
This "
That man speaks the truth "
Actually no, they don't.  3 has features that 2 never did, such as real time global illumination.  I don't think the PS3 version will have 'minor visual effects over the 360 version' either...
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Pie

So what they making with this?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Scooper
@Brunchies said:
" @PeasForFees said:
This "
Thank you.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Karmum

You know what, I don't care if that was just showing off the engine for the consoles, it looks incredible. I can imagine it looks ever better on the Windows platform.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mhkjtha
@PeasForFees said:

well the console versions of ce3 wont look as good as ce2 on pc. however ce3 on pc could very well end up better then ce2. in fact i'd be surprised if it didnt.

this is going to be the best looking game of all time on every platform (ie, the ps3 version look better then anything on the ps3, 360 version will look better then anything on 360, pc version will look better then anything on pc)

i cant wait for this! i fucking loved crysis 1
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Diamond
@mhkjtha said:
this is going to be the best looking game of all time on every platform (ie, the ps3 version look better then anything on the ps3
I really doubt they're going to be able to do that on a multiplatform engine / game.  If they beat Uncharted 2, they'll also beat Crysis, and I doubt that's gonna happen.  We'll see.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Looks awesome, to bad that old man was cross eyed.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mhkjtha
@Diamond said:
" @mhkjtha said:
this is going to be the best looking game of all time on every platform (ie, the ps3 version look better then anything on the ps3
I really doubt they're going to be able to do that on a multiplatform engine / game.  If they beat Uncharted 2, they'll also beat Crysis, and I doubt that's gonna happen.  We'll see. "
??? uncharted 2 doesnt look anywhere near as good as crysis, even if you just play it on the high settings. 
and this will blow uncharted 2 away, even the ps3 version. 

i seriously beleive its going to happen. no fanboys will admit it tho, because they want the best looking game to be exclusive.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Diamond
@mhkjtha said:

??? uncharted 2 doesnt look anywhere near as good as crysis, even if you just play it on the high settings.  and this will blow uncharted 2 away, even the ps3 version.   i seriously beleive its going to happen. no fanboys will admit it tho, because they want the best looking game to be exclusive.

Uncharted 2 looks WAY better than Crysis even on very high settings, which is what I play it on.  You haven't played Uncharted 2 have you?  I think it's mostly art that makes Uncharted 2 look better, not technical superiority, but Uncharted 2 is pushing some amazing effects as well.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I honestly feel bad how crytek is going to downgrade the pc version of crysis for consoles. Consoles engines gets better and the pc engine gets worst.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Black_Raven
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" I honestly feel bad how crytek is going to downgrade the pc version of crysis for consoles. Consoles engines gets better and the pc engine gets worst. "
Your crazy if you actually think the PC version of CryEngine 3 will be downgraded from CryEngine 2, the graphical leap wont be anything near that of CryEngine1 to CryEngine 2 but the added features in the new engine should make it both look better and run better. 
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Black_Raven: Why am I crazy? i'm the biggest crysis fanboy around and I know medium settings when I see it, I see that equilvent for the consoles. Maybe your not used to crysis on the highest setting, I am. Consoles moves foward, yet crysis already looks ps4 quality. Crysis warhead was already downgraded from crysis. You can argue with me all you want, crysis looks almost photorealistic, now it's some console junk graphics. Console gamers are happy with the graphics, I call it a total downgrade and the cryengine 3 is just a gimmick for consoles to run the engine better on consoles.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By mikemcn
@Black_Raven said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
" I honestly feel bad how crytek is going to downgrade the pc version of crysis for consoles. Consoles engines gets better and the pc engine gets worst. "
Your crazy if you actually think the PC version of CryEngine 3 will be downgraded from CryEngine 2, the graphical leap wont be anything near that of CryEngine1 to CryEngine 2 but the added features in the new engine should make it both look better and run better.  "

It won't get worse on PC, but consoles won't see the improved capabilities. They'll be stuck with a little less than Cryengine 2, which isn't terrible, but not as good. I would say that CryEngine 3 is streamlined so much, that making fantastic graphics in the PC version will be even easier.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I'll post a few pictures I believe cryengine 2 is way stronger than the streamlined cryengine 3 which is basically for consoles. It's going to move from realism to semi realism and I believe that's a mistake. Crytek figured out how to get perfect photorealistic graphics for crysis on dx10 very high settings. Now they forgot or didn't realise what they discovered and games like crysis warhead, now crysis 2 will be streamlined and downgraded to console quality. Maybe everyone is happy as a console gamer, however as a pc gamer who is the biggest fan of crysis, I am not happy seeing what looks like medium settings on the pc, it's an outrage imo.

Here is what crysis is suppose to look like on very high, i'm too tired to post the full picture, however it gives you an idea of what I was expecting. My expectations as a pc gamer might be a alot higher than what console gamers expect from crysis 2. I know these pictures aren't the clearest considering the forum will only let me use so many pixels.
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/31600/1171101-crysis7_s.jpg

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Claude

Cry me an engine. Please. I don't care.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Black_Raven
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @Black_Raven: Why am I crazy? i'm the biggest crysis fanboy around and I know medium settings when I see it, I see that equilvent for the consoles. Maybe your not used to crysis on the highest setting, I am. Consoles moves foward, yet crysis already looks ps4 quality. Crysis warhead was already downgraded from crysis. You can argue with me all you want, crysis looks almost photorealistic, now it's some console junk graphics. Console gamers are happy with the graphics, I call it a total downgrade and the cryengine 3 is just a gimmick for consoles to run the engine better on consoles. "
I'm not arguing that the console version looks as good as Crysis on PC, I've played though Crysis on very high settings so I know just how big the gap is between the PC version and what's been shown on consoles running CryEngine 3, but I didn't realize PC games running on this new engine would take a hit graphically, I thought it's essentially CryEngine 2 with added features such as deferred lighting and real time dynamic global illumination.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32  Edited By Geno

Cryengine 3 looks very good for consoles, and even pretty good for PC. I don't know what Hitmanagent47 is talking about, it looks better than the original Crysis to me. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Brunchies said:
" @PeasForFees said:
This "
yea good call. leave it at that folks. 
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince

Uncharted 2 looks just as good I think.. Still, it is impressive.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By Gunner

I call bs.. Didnt they show something similar to this for cry engine 2 and ended up not delivering? 

No way its going to look like that with a playable fps.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TwoOneFive
@LiquidPrince said:
" Uncharted 2 looks just as good I think.. Still, it is impressive. "
i agree. theres a lot more artistic touch going on in naughty dogs graphics. Same argument for MGS4 and why it won best graphics over Crysis 2. Cry engine looks incredible, but the characters, even though they look pretty realistic, are just stale and the environments look incredible but theres no feeling of amazement and importance to it all. like everywhere you go in Among Thieves just seems soo fucking unique and awesome and wild and cool. everywhere you go in crysis is just like o0o0o woowww it looks so reall. obviously it just my opinion and im puttin myself out there to be bashed by the crysis fanboys but whatever. i prefer looking at MGS4, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2 over Crysis.