Do you PERSONALLY think Red Dead Redemption will be inferior on PS3 ? (Honestly)

• 99 results
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By Rhaknar
@Bluethunder35 said:
" I don't think it will be a game-breaker; the guy who claimed this (David "CheapyD" Abrams) is a guy who probably strips naked and makes love to his three 360 consoles  when his wife and son aren't around. It's disgusting how so many people are madly in love with Microsoft and their products for all the wrong reasons.  Anyway, I'm getting it for the PS3 and don't care about these dumb comparison videos that all the nerds gets worked up over. Let me know when they compare an exclusive PS3 game with an exclusive 360 game.  I like the CAG site but I don't care for CheapyD's incessant lust for the semen-colored wonder. "
you can say the exact same thing about sony and nintendo.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vitor
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Ryax said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Coombs said:

" I think I don't care, Seeing as how unless your playing them side by side (or an elitist ass) you won't know the difference anyway. "
I might have to block the RDR forums for a wile if people are gonna start this stuff. Which happens with EVERY big game release.  "
im getting to that point mainly because sackmanjones makes a thread on ever red dead thought he has. its gets kinda old.   but no it wont be inferior "
I will say this now.  If you buy a game ONLY on how it looks. You sir are not a gamer. So if you are gonna switch your order because of this. Or spend extra money. GTFO of the forums. *That is just my view*  "
BS - if you have both consoles (or a PC with a multiplatform title coming out on that also), then it's only natural that you'd want to go for the superior version, even if the difference isn't huge. Eurogamer's digital foundry helps loads with that and to some people it does matter and it may affect their enjoyment of the game (I got Darksiders on 360 and the screen tearing was sooooo bad that it did kind of take me out of the moment, a problem the PS3 version didn't have), although looks shouldn't be the only factor in choosing a game but then they rarely are. 
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By fripplebubby

I'd like to say that it would, indeed, be inferior, but I have nothing to back that up with that hasn't already been said.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Kyreo
@ajamafalous said:
" Man, people with Linky's avatar throwing me for a loop. "
Sam here...
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By JoelTGM

why would it be?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Probably, because no one knows how to develop for PS3... "
hahahaha xD
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Kazona

Only in terms of sales. And no, I don't mean that as a slight against the PS3, it's just a fact that most multi-platform games sell better on the 360.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Ryax
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Ryax said:

" @Coombs said:

" I think I don't care, Seeing as how unless your playing them side by side (or an elitist ass) you won't know the difference anyway. "
I might have to block the RDR forums for a wile if people are gonna start this stuff. Which happens with EVERY big game release.  "
im getting to that point mainly because sackmanjones makes a thread on ever red dead thought he has. its gets kinda old.   but no it wont be inferior "
I will say this now.  If you buy a game ONLY on how it looks. You sir are not a gamer. So if you are gonna switch your order because of this. Or spend extra money. GTFO of the forums. *That is just my view*  "
no i meant im gonna ignore the red dead forums. i dont give a shit which version looks better.
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Ryax said:
" @Ryax said:

" @Coombs said:

no i meant im gonna ignore the red dead forums. i dont give a shit which version looks better. "
Its aimed at anyone who picks a games look over gameplay. Not you. 
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ryax
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Ryax said:
" @Ryax said:

" @Coombs said:

no i meant im gonna ignore the red dead forums. i dont give a shit which version looks better. "
Its aimed at anyone who picks a games look over gameplay. Not you.  "
ah ok. yeah i mean if the game looked like trash on one console and amazing on another (exaggeration) im gonna go with the better looking one. but if its a small anti aliasing difference then im not gonna be like "oh shit i better get the other one, i dont want to miss out on all that aliasing."
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

So is Linky slowly taking over? Kinda confused with all the avatars. 

Anyway, if we look at what the rumors are, 540p with no AA is less appealing than 720p with 2xAA. If its true then yes the ps3 version will not look as good as the 360. However I don't think it would really matter since most people aren't going to be playing both versions side by side anyway.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ArchScabby

I personally don't care...

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" So is Linky slowly taking over? Kinda confused with all the avatars.  Anyway, if we look at what the rumors are, 540p with no AA is less appealing than 720p with 2xAA. If its true then yes the ps3 version will not look as good as the 360. However I don't think it would really matter since most people aren't going to be playing both versions side by side anyway. "
Linky got banned. Changing our avatar's to his is one way of commemorating his existence as an awesome user of the site. He will be missed.
Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Bluethunder35
@Rhaknar:  

True, it's just that they aren't as vocal as the MS-backers online. I'm still looking for a serious Nintendo fanboy ever since the Wii arrived on the market. There were aplenty when the GameCube was around.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ninjakiller

Better not be.

zorzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By zorzer

No I do not. No reason to assume anything yet.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By flaminghobo

At the end of the day, if it's the same game at heart then it'll be just as good. 

Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jasonofindy
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @wolf_blitzer85 said:
" So is Linky slowly taking over? Kinda confused with all the avatars.  Anyway, if we look at what the rumors are, 540p with no AA is less appealing than 720p with 2xAA. If its true then yes the ps3 version will not look as good as the 360. However I don't think it would really matter since most people aren't going to be playing both versions side by side anyway. "
Linky got banned. Changing our avatar's to his is one way of commemorating his existence as an awesome user of the site. He will be missed. "
I don't know exactly why he was banned as I pretty much have avoided the drama threads around the banning.  As such, I really have no opinion on whether he personally should be banned.   

However, I will say that if the mods do in fact have their banhammer out I can think of several abusive posters that often troll the forums.  I sometimes really can't understand the level of abuse of others that is permitted here.  Thankfully, none of that abuse has been aimed at me, but I post rather infrequently.     Sadly, you see the same behavior across many other fora on the internet.  As I've posted before the only true fix is accountability.   

For example, the main forum I frequent for my other hobby has comparatively few of these problems because  
a) it is not anonymous- you must register with your real name  
b) it is not free- there is an annual fee to be a posting member and membership may be revoked if you become a problem 
c)  the average user age is considerably higher.  I'm in my mid 30's.  On most videogame sites that makes me an old man.  On the other forum I'm definitely one of the younger users. 
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By Cube

Stop using Linkyshinks avatar you nerds. 

Linkyshinks was an oversensitive troll.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Spike94
@Laticsfan said:
"Well if the rumours about the resolution and AA are true yes, however if the game play is solid enough the graphics can certainly be overlooked. "

This. As long as the gameplay is just as good as the other version(s?), a slight graphical dip won't bother me none. Game seems so darn good...
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#71  Edited By Geno

As long as it's not Bayonetta-different, it shouldn't matter. 

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By schizogony

What other way is there to think besides personally?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ravensword

I dont know, im renting it on 360 anyway.
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@odintal said:
" I hope not. My 360 recently died and I'm getting the PS3 version. "
wow. same boat bro. *fist bump*
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I see no difference. Even know its iphone. It looks beautiful. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheMustacheHero said:
" @wolf_blitzer85 said:
Linky got banned. Changing our avatar's to his is one way of commemorating his existence as an awesome user of the site. He will be missed. "
does that mean you condone his behaviour leading up to his departure?
Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By captain_clayman

i dont really give a fuck
besides all my friends are getting it on PS3 so that's what matters, if i can't play with them i wont even play it.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mmmslash
@arab_prince:  He wasn't acting any different than any of the other regional trolls we have here, the only difference is he did it to a staff member.
Pepsicolaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Pepsicolaboy
@dudacles said:
" @ajamafalous said:
Yeah, same here.  Anyway, I voted no. Why would it be? "
This. Cant think of any reason it would be worse. I find the 360 Controller clumsy and inarticulate in 3rd person games so ill be picking it up on PS3, more than likely.
Also yeah...whats with the avatar?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mmmslash said:
" @arab_prince:  He wasn't acting any different than any of the other regional trolls we have here, the only difference is he did it to a staff member. "
exactly. They are acting as if he was a great member, but yet does that mean they condon troll-like behaviour? 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Ahmad_Metallic:
What is the goal with that avatar?
DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DukesT3

uh....

Nunchuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Nunchuckles
@DystopiaX: Man, I don't even know what to say to you, but that your a moron.
Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Would everybody please stop talking about linkyshinks or whatever in a RDR thread. As for the question I do not see a who cares option, so I chose yes.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#85  Edited By armaan8014
@masterpaperlink said:
" @ajamafalous said:
"
xmrgonex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By xmrgonex

Even if both versions are identical, I'm buying it for 360, as I do for 99% of my multi-console purchases.

I've just become to comfortable on the 360, with the controller, my friends list, achievements, etc

I like my PS3 and all but.. come on

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mmmslash
@arab_prince:  It means we remember the Linky that spent the last year and a half being a wonderful, productive, generally nice person, not whatever he did in the last week.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#88  Edited By ZombiePie

Everyone this thread was created to discuss the significance between the two console versions of Red Dead Redemption. This thread is not to become the center of dicussing recent events. If you wish to discuss or ask questions about any recent forum events then please feel free to direct them to us mods privately via PM.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Rebirth1337
Most multi-platfourm games look better on 360 so why not. By looking better I mean you would have to nit-pick to find a difference.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: What is the goal with that avatar? "
Its to make sure people don't forget about an amazing user who got banned for stupid petty reasons . by using the avatar im simply spreading awareness .
Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Lowbrow

I chose no, because how the fuck am I supposed to know?

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Godlyawesomeguy said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: What is the goal with that avatar? "
Its to make sure people don't forget about an amazing user who got banned for stupid petty reasons . by using the avatar im simply spreading awareness . "
Yeah, pretty much. It's showing that people liked Linky and what he did. Some people are flipping out over it though... 

On topic. Yes and no. Yeah, the graphics might be a tiny, tiny bit worse, but they'll be un-noticable unless you compare the games side by side. Same goes for any game really.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jadeskye
@ajamafalous said:
you said it.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By get2sammyb

For goodness sake - we've cleared this up in other threads. I don't even know how this "RUMOUR" gathered traction. Bloody hell.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#95  Edited By JokerSmilez
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" I just bought a PS3, and RDR is gonna be my GOTC  (Game of the Century), but for some reason i think it will be :( "
Game of the Century and you haven't even played it yet? Calm down...
jrbl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By jrbl1

Personally I think the PS3 is still only catching up to the XBOX360 in quality.  I own all the systems.  Like all of them.  But the XBOX360 still seems to hold the lead when it comes to games working and looking their best.  I buy most games on my XBOX360.  I think Blu-ray will come into play a little more and possibly PS3 games will be better then XBOX360 games down the line but so far the PS3 is only just saving face when it comes to dual releases.   I voted No as I think the differences will be negligible.  But I wouldn't be surprised if the differences do prove to be somewhat significant.     

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By CharlieTuna

It's not 2007 anymore, come on dude. Multiplatform games look great on PS3 these days, I've got a 360 and I usually pick up the PS3 copy of games. Do not feel like I've been burned in any way as of yet.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#98  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I don't care about graphics, so it doesn't bother me. And I prefer the Dual Shock as a controller.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By fishmicmuffin

It will be the same core game with the chance of some minor technical differences. I don't think it will ruin your enjoyment too much.