#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By REDRUN

Let me get this right... vesus is a ROMEO(Noctis) and JULIET(Stella) or a family feud between the two houses. it had the feel of the Film "Romeo and Juliet(1996)" to it displayed in the characters and in relationship. Noctic a Lord? So is he a head of a household or just newly given a responsiblity? I am more interested in this story than the main FFXIII (360,PS3).

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Optiow

It looks good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

REDRUN said:
"Let me get this right... vesus is a ROMEO(Noctis) and JULIET(Stella) or a family feud between the two houses. it had the feel of the Film "Romeo and Juliet(1996)" to it displayed in the characters and in relationship. Noctic a Lord? So is he a head of a household or just newly given a responsiblity? I am more interested in this story than the main FFXIII (360,PS3)."
Exactly what I was thinking.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Xeiphyer

Yeah it seems like its going to be a very romeo and juliet star-crossed lovers deal between them, In another trailer, didnt it show them meeting again and the girl attacked him I believe, I remember her looking angry at him and getting the magical glowyness behind her, then noctis started his too, presumably the swords appeared after but that wasn't shown.

Its interesting that Versus 13 which looks to be an action game of some sort has what looks like a love interest and compelling storyline, while FFXIII so far hasn't shown any of that, You would think it would be reversed? =P

Either way, I can barely wait for both these games, and agito 13 as well!

EDIT: Also, thanks alot for the translated video! :)

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By REDRUN
Xeiphyer said:
"Yeah it seems like its going to be a very romeo and juliet star-crossed lovers deal between them,..."
dude, you wiki'd it didn't u? :) its okay.. i did the same... shhhhh ;)
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Red

Game looks awesome, but Noctis is a horrible name.

PremierOctopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PremierOctopus

Awesome!

Anyone thinking what the gameplay is going to be like? I thought it might be a kind of kingdom hearts style game. But I hope it's not.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

FF13 looks more interesting to me atm than Versus since I've seen more of it...a trailer of two people having a conversation through 90% of it hardly does anything to spark my interest.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By penguindust

I hate her shoes.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By REDRUN
PenguinDust said:
"I hate her shoes."
WHoa whoa whoa... You can't be hating on her shoe already. Did you know her shoes have a special purpose besides looking hideous?..... They make her look taller. (nodding head with certainty)
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Steve_C

Thanks for the post. I'm really interested in what the hell this is going to be like. I feel like i know what i'm getting with FF XIII now for the most part, but can't wait to see more info on this.

It's by the kingdom hearts team, but i don't think the combat is going to be exactly the same as that, nor do i feel it'll be like FF XIII. On top of that it's in a more reality-based setting, so i don't know what to expect.

Totally pumped about it though.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZeroCast

Is it just me or does Versus look way more bad ass than XIII??!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmegaPirate
ZeroCast said:
"Is it just me or does Versus look way more bad ass than XIII??!"
No man, im heavy interested in versus - if for nothing else than the more (semi) realistic setting
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By get2sammyb

I really like the look of the characters here, but the story did strike me as Romeo & Juliet too. I'm not sure whether that's awesome or terrible.

Both games are looking good if you ask me. I expect Versus will find its way on 360 in the longrun anyway. Particularly if XIII is successful on XBOX.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By BoG

Hottest FF character ever? I'd say so! He's like a more angsty Squall with a better fashion sense. Sign me up!

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By suneku

The main chick in FFversus13 looks kind of like Aeris to me. That trailer at the end of the FFXIII demo, there was a part where she turned around and looked exactly like Aeris in FF7 Advent Children.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZeroCast
OmegaPirate said:
"ZeroCast said:
"Is it just me or does Versus look way more bad ass than XIII??!"
No man, im heavy interested in versus - if for nothing else than the more (semi) realistic setting
"
After seeing this Trailer i could say the same, it seems to bear more action and a classical Japanese love story, who knows, maybe Square is taking more care of this one more than XIII.
REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By REDRUN

Have anyone noticed, Noctis color pallet is mainly black and Stella has mainly white? Demons and Angels? Light and Dark? For certain, they are form two different worlds. The Noctis vs Stella faceoff, have they aged like 5 years from the previous scene?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Me interested.  Definately interested in the themes this game explores.  If they do indeed explore right and wrong, as the shakespeare quote assumes, it could be great.  granted though, I feel like the reason i'd like this game End of Eternity might hit better with their theme of god/absence of faith. FFV13 will be more polished though. I'll play all though.  Have trouble deciding which things like this i'm more interesting in.   Wonder what the theme of FF13 is.  It sounds like something to do with a society rebellion, etc., but I honestly doubt that's the main plot.  That's probably just a launching pad for it, much like Avalanche in FF7.

Anyway, since they mention shakespeare, I only have to say one thing, this is their inspiration:

Okay, maybe not the best scene to encapture the play/movie (remember, the original play version has them essentially being rowdy just the same), but notice how romeo is just like the main character and the girl just like the other girl in Versus 13. 
They seem like they'd respond the same way.  R&J is a definate inspiration.  I use the 199X remake because I feel like it's the most true representation of Romeo and Juliet.  I know that sounds weird, but I think so.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Demyx

Very interesting. I can't wait to get both games

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zitosilva

Wow, that makes me much more interested in Versus than in XIII. And if the Romeo and Juliet proves to be real, than I'll like it even more.

So, in this world, people that have neard death experiences are able to see weird lights in the sky, that may have something to do with a bad omen? And there's a chance they gain some kind of special ability as well? That's what I could gather from that conversation anyway. That's probably the reason why they have the glowing lights aroung them in the other trailer.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LiquidPrince
Red said:
"Game looks awesome, but Noctis is a horrible name."
What would you name him, that has the same vibe?
REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By REDRUN
LiquidPrince said:
"Red said:
"Game looks awesome, but Noctis is a horrible name."
What would you name him, that has the same vibe?"
Noctis.... sounds like night or darkness