Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@lordofultima said:

" @Delta_Ass: and when you lose your cd key and have to go buy another physical copy 6 months later, then you'll have wished you purchased it digitally. "

o You can write your CD key down. Pen & paper, anyone? Notepad, anyone?
o Digital Distribution sucks with a slower connections
o As long as you can prove that you bought it, they likely will issue you a new one
Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#152  Edited By Lazyaza

I shift in and out of favoring console gaming or pc gaming, really depends on the particular game but if its available on PC and console 99.9% of the time I go with pc.
For example I really want to play Arkam Asylum right now but the PC demo was sooo good and the full version unlike the console one has no lag, better visuals, good AA and extra physics. Well worth waiting a couple more weeks for.

As for borderlands, its a shooter, all shooters are better on pc except when they're either or modeled after halo in which case do not want anyway.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#153  Edited By Death_Burnout
@atomic_dumpling said:
" @lordofultima said:

" @Delta_Ass: and when you lose your cd key and have to go buy another physical copy 6 months later, then you'll have wished you purchased it digitally. "

o You can write your CD key down. Pen & paper, anyone? Notepad, anyone?o Digital Distribution sucks with a slower connectionso As long as you can prove that you bought it, they likely will issue you a new one "
nicely said!
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By Linkyshinks

I thought those shots looked too good :)

Avatar image for thefrostedgamer
TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By TheFrostedGamer

I realize you guys have gotten used to Giantbomb catering to 360, but you Controller Heroes can afford a little more character. 

My PC costs more than a Xbox 360 (not factoring in the cost of accessories, service costs, Gold account, etc), but for the last 10 years of building computers I've had zero defective components. The point is there's extreme ups and downs to whatever platform-path you take. Never listen to anyone who simply says owning a 360 is "cheaper". 

All these people saying they don't care about visual fidelity differences are the same ones who own a 360 and were taking jabs at PS3 visuals not too long ago.
Asseroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#156  Edited By Asseroth

PC versions will always be better! Plus a good gaming PC costs about 500$ these days so its not that much!

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

if this comes out on steam i will buy it

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dane said:
"well i'll be playing on the xbox, so... see you guys there, i hope "

You will see me.
kainen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#160  Edited By kainen

"Well I'm not a clingy PC elitist so I don't really give a shit about "precise aiming" with a mouse and keyboard"

do you know how ridiculous this sounds?  because using a mouse/kb, hell even preferring it, makes you a 'clingy PC elitist'?   Really?     How about actually reading Brad's article and valid reasons why he'd clearly prefer one platform over another for this title which I think the community aught to deserve knowing some insight about the differences.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#161  Edited By Vorbis

This confirms my choice, thanks alot Brad!

Now if someone could just find out about a chat window for the PC version...

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#162  Edited By DrRandle

I find it hard to believe it'll run better on my piece of junk PC than on my 360. Gamerscore, here comes I! Plus it'll be better suited for playing with my b'f, me thinks, on the 360. We'll see.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#163  Edited By demonbear
@Detrian said:
" It's a team game you blithering idiots. No trade interface is the kind of design decision that ruins games. "
I have to agree with that. Last game that i know of that shipped without a trading interface was Hellgate London, and we all know how that turned out.
raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#164  Edited By raddevon
@TheCrazedMadman said:
" Graphics and controls are one thing, but are people forgetting SPLIT SCREEN? Now, I dont think this game supports 4 Player Split Screen (why, out of all 360 Multiplayer games ONLY Halo 3 has 4 player Split Screen is beyond me), but 2 should be hella fun. Developers these days seem to forget how much more fun the game gets the more people are sitting next to you playing it....I dont care how bad the game is, but if it has 4 Player Split Screen....Im going to buy it.  Now, I know Call od Duty has 4 Player Split screen, but it you cant go online with it, at all (not even 2 player split screen)....and really its meant for a lot more people. "
This is exactly the reason I am getting the 360 version over the PC version. I would love to have the superior graphics and the mouse and keyboard for controls, but, on the 360, my wife will play it with me. Maybe I will pick up the PC version later for cheap if the game sticks.
Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Phantom_Crash

1. Buy Borderlands for PC
2. plug xbox 360 controller into PC
3. ???
4. Profit

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Kazona

I think I'm going to be choosing the PC version as well. I like achievements, but not so much that I'd prefer to play the 'lesser' version of a game, especially not when it's a shooter. And the only thing my couch is really being used for, is as a place where I can toss the still-to-be-folded laundry. And damnit, I didn't buy my G15 keyboard and G9 mouse for nothing!

Avatar image for deactivated-663a0c8d9c4fc
deactivated-663a0c8d9c4fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't have a gaming PC, but it's pretty obvious that the vast majority of games look/sound/run/play/smell/taste better on (a reasonably new) PC. But for a lot of people (myself included), the option is between   

A) buying a relatively expensive PC and few games,
B) buying a relatively cheap console and many games.

As much as I respect that extra bit of visual fidelity and promise of less clunky controls, at the end of the day option A just doesn't make a whole lot of financial sense, especially not in times like these when the world economy is pretty bad...

Avatar image for thesleepingdead
TheSleepingDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By TheSleepingDead

no I'd take comforatability over graphics any day, lay AND yeah I said lay in an air condition room where my Xbox 360 is set up or fucking die of dehydration and get swamp ass sitting a stupid office chair where I have access to a PC besides other people can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned I didn't need other people in Fallout 3 and I'm pretty sure I won't need them in borderlands but also I'm a lone wolf kinda guy  and aiming will always be better with a mouse, but I've come to accept  that

Sword5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Sword5

Downgrading this from day one status. I have a feeling this is going to be Jeff's next Bionic Commando. I am going to wait for the first post review podcast and see if this game is actually any good.

MuzykMann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By MuzykMann
@Agent47CSim2 said:
"@Dane said:
"well i'll be playing on the xbox, so... see you guys there, i hope "
You will see me. "

+1. I sit at a PC all damn day at work. The last thing I wanna do when I get home in the evenings is spend my free time in an office chair. Gaming on a couch with a friend FTW.
ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By ScottG13

The co-opness makes it 360 for me. Gotta have some friends to play with.

Too bad about the no-trade system. Seems like a kinda dumb move, to me.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By killdave

The "current gen" consoles are mid life and WHOOOA the PC has better graphics again.

Who would of guesses that ?^?

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By walreese55

I got my 360 before my pc, so I actually prefer using the 360 controller for everything. i even got a wired controller just to play pc games. At first, i felt I shouldn't, but after a while, I really didn't care. Controller controls are not bad to the point those with a mouse have a much better advantage. It depends on how much time you spend with the control system.

Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#174  Edited By Teirdome

I want to play it on PC, the problem is that I don't have the spare $1000 laying around to build a new one.  Unfortunately I just don't think my 2-year-old laptop is going to do it justice.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#175  Edited By metal_mills

KB/M, better graphics, 60+fps, 1080p, better online, probably free DLC sometime, yep I know what I'm buying.

Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Slaneesh

I was so excited about this game, but the no trade system has just unsold me. How can a game like this not have a trading system.
SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#177  Edited By SubwayD

Depends on how modest the specs are. 
With a system that's 2 years old and not initially made for gaming, it's probably going to best I just stick with the console version.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Peanut

This just in: Games look better on a PC! *SHOCK AND AWE*

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By cikame

I'm getting the 360 version because co-op on pc has never worked for me. Router firewalls, NAT's, dynamic ip's have always prevented me from playing anything off of a server unless i set up a lag infested 'phantom network', 360 co-op is 5 times easier, also my wrists lock up occasionally and more so when playing fps's on the pc, the controller is much nicer for me.

It's no debate that the mouse is more accurate than joysticks, but thats why i find fps's more fun on consoles, on the pc everyone gets too serious because they can flinch shoot better than most, on the consoles its more fair because not only is everyones game running exactly the same but you can usually SEE your enemy before dieing, instead of just dieing randomly.

GameBrahma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By GameBrahma

I think that I am going to buy it on a PC as well... because it does still bother me that I can't aim as well using my thumbs.  I can't tie my shoes very well with just my thumbs either.

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#181  Edited By DukeTogo

Loot-schmoot, if it's on PC there will eventually be a way to /give yourself whatever you want anyway so I won't sweat some ninja douche running away with gun #39568.

baldus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By baldus

Will it be(look) any better on a PC if I still only have an 8800GTS?

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By demonbear
@baldus: what are you talking about man, thats the video card i got and i can run almost anything at top graphics. Vanguard and Crysys were the only ones I couldn't go to max.
stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By stinky

you left out the couch. thats where i can sit at with my console. 
there is something refreshing about getting away from the computer where i work.

FreeTWOGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By FreeTWOGame

Maybe it's because I don't own an xbox 360 but I never to the big appeal of achievements. Just seemed silly and novel to me.

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By rateoforange

PC 4 life! 

Although I do hope it is on steam. If there is one thing I absolutely do not tolerate any more, it is having to hunt around the internet for patches. I am not sure why PC publishers feel that they can just sort of tell you there is a patch and you have to find it yourself. For this reason, I only buy games on steam now.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By krazy_kyle

gameplay over ahievements is definitely a good move. I am a xbox 360 owner and a proud owner of a custom built gaming rig. I cant really decide which platform to by this game for tho. The pc has better control but the xbox 360 has all my friends on it and they dont play games on the PC :( 

DAMN YOU MULTIPLATFORM GAMING!

radio_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By radio_babylon

the lack of a trading system is no doubt because "watching people rip each other off is half the fun"...

baldus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By baldus
@demonbear: Yeah it's a good card, but it is 2 years old and with some PC games thats ancient.  I'm sure I'll be able to play Borderlands just fine with it, but I don't think I'll be able to max it out and get a solid 60 fps.
Drummerlp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Drummerlp2000

unless it's gonna be for mac (which i doubt) i'm getting it for ps3. Actually either way i'm getting it for ps3, lol. I need it for trophies and to play with my friends.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

" will possibly look at "if it becomes an issue where people care a lot."  "

People already care. A lot....

Also, yes, PC games look better. ALWAYS HAVE! Higher resoltion everything, some actual AA, anis, frame rate, etc etc etc... Why is it a big deal that it looks so much better? Only games made for console by console developers will lack that large edge over the console versions when played on PC. This is gearbox we're talking about.@brainboy77 said:

" I got my 360 before my pc, so I actually prefer using the 360 controller for everything. i even got a wired controller just to play pc games. At first, i felt I shouldn't, but after a while, I really didn't care. Controller controls are not bad to the point those with a mouse have a much better advantage. It depends on how much time you spend with the control system. "
Well both input options have advantages. For example, try spinning at a steady rate with a goddamn mouse. But then, it's MUCH easier to snipe with a mouse.
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By warxsnake
@freshym said:

" @warxsnake said:

" and if you really want a tv experience just hook your pc up to your hdtv with dvi-hdmi cable or hdmi-hdmi if your card does hdmi "

I hate this statement. You play on PC for the precision controls of a mouse and keyboard. Are you going to sit on your couch or bed, with your keyboard on your lap and some kind of tray for your mouse? Because using a gamepad on the PC defeats one of the main purposes of playing on a PC. "
 1. I said "and if you really want a tv experience" as in you want nothing else. This is a solution that considers that the player has made up his mind already about using a TV for gaming and not a monitor.

2. Your way of playing games is not EVERYONE's way of playing games. People can play whatever way they want, which in my opinion, is the main purpose of playing on PC, whether they play with a controller or use a hard surface for K/B. I've been playing PC games since the 80s, yet I recognise the controller as a means to play a game on PC. I played Bioshock PC with a controller, and will be playing batman AA with a controller. Why should I give a shit if someone thinks "thats not the best way to do it" if im having fun? PC gaming is about choice and being free to do whatever you want, not about "HEY YOU ARE NOT USING K/B GTFOff your computer!"

3. Not everyone only has an HDTV in their living room. HDTVs fit perfectly on big desks where people put all their electronics, keyboard, mouse, controller... I said "HDTV" and said nothing about a couch nor a living room. 

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2298/2472952840_b9d42acbff_o.jpg

Ughhhhh...
Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Jayzilla

this is usually the case. looking at oblivion, bioshock, etc. always better on the PC. You also get things in games like oblivion that you just dont get on a console. so MANY amazing mods for some games on PC's that the consoles don't get. i would much rather have user created content that is well done, than having to earn an achievement. i am a gamer, not a scavenger hunter. besides, i think many game companies are using the achievement/trophy sytem as a crutch. they put them in to "lengthen" the gameplay of a game. when really that isn't the case at all.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#194  Edited By Chris2KLee

The trade system thing HAS to be worked out. Also when Brad said that you just run up and grab loot, that sounds like another way to create some very up happy people. Gearbox had better have some sort of patch ready because I just took a step back on purchasing this game.

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Hashbrowns
@Fragstoff:
Oh no, I only said that "if" Brad was beginning down the slippery slope to PC elitism, I hoped he would soon recover.  I didn't mean to sound condemning, because I really don't care so much what people play games on, but I am concerned when people show the potential to demean the preferences of others in such a trivial way.  Again, Brad did not say anything demeaning per se, I'm just hoping he doesn't start.
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Sooty
@UnlivedPhalanx said:
" I really hope that it doesn't look that much nicer on a PC, some of us (me) just cannot afford a new or updated PC right now. "
So you hope it doesn't look much nicer just because you can't experience it?

Wow, screw all the people with half decent computers then, eh?
Swinghi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Swinghi

PCs are not dead.  Thanks Brad

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By demonbear
@Hashbrowns said:
" @Fragstoff: Oh no, I only said that "if" Brad was beginning down the slippery slope to PC elitism, I hoped he would soon recover.  I didn't mean to sound condemning, because I really don't care so much what people play games on, but I am concerned when people show the potential to demean the preferences of others in such a trivial way.  Again, Brad did not say anything demeaning per se, I'm just hoping he doesn't start. "
Silence, you console fool!
darkjester74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By darkjester74

Hey Brad...you spoke of "dramatically" better visuals on the PC version.  Any chance we could see some side by side screenshot comparisons?  That would be helpful for someone like myself who is on the fence as to what platform to go with.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By ShaunassNZ
@darkjester74: I'm guessing the visual differents will be somewhat like Fallout 3 (the differents between 360 and PC) not to get me wrong they look totally different but the ratio of difference if anyone understands me. 

Oh also I'm really into getting achievements, but I always tend to get games on the PC, anyways my 360 friends play there 360 always and they don't have as near as much so I'll let them catch up!