Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By RHCPfan24
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
  • Max Payne - I got stuck at one point and never got past it. It wasn't even a firefight, I just didn't know where to go. Probably my fault.
Help me help you, we can get through this together... Where did you get stuck? "
Haha, that was on my Original Xbox and I don't even know where it is anymore (I do still have it though) that it would be more hassle than anything. I could start again on my Xbox 360 though....

Like I said, it was more my fault but I just didn't play it again after that....stupid me = /
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By FLStyle

That horrible MP charging system in FFXII

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By VWGTI

Max Payne - The nightmare parts.

Halo 3 - Realizing that the Halo 3 campaign wasn't going to differentiate itself enough from the first two games.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Endogene

Final Fantasy 7, Tifa's boobs in the final scene on the airship when she is running.

Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Bald3rdash
@Meowayne: Do you go to the store, buy up a few good games, play them for an hour or two and then throw them on the shelf?  If this is indeed the case, start sending some my way.  Please?

Now on a serious note, I can understand where you're coming from, but I myself found killing the Big Daddy in different ways using different weapons and plasmids pretty cool.  That and Bioshock had a lot of other draws for me, the pulp 50's environment, an interesting story, etc. 

But Ocarina?!  How did you get as far as the fire temple if the game didn't draw you in?  I would have quit by the time I hit Jabu-Jabu and his fat fish insides had I not enjoyed the game.
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@jakob187 said:
"Is this the part where I come in here and troll with the "the beginning of MGS4 killed it for me, because I realized it was just going to be all movie and no game" comments?

Anyways, in all seriousness, the level scaling issues in Oblivion ended up turning me off of that game...and Elder Scrolls in general.  Hopefully, it'll get fixed in ES5.
"

I definitely agree on that Elder Scrolls thing.

For me though, sadly, was the first Harry Potter games final boss. Sad I say, because I actually fucking played a Harry Potter game to completion. Nothing against Harry Potter, I fucking adore the series, but the games where shite. Anyway, fighting the last boss was such a fucking pain. It was comlpetely unclear on HOW you killed him, and when you eventually figured it out, it was a great big pain in the ass to actually do it.

Oh god.. And the first half life game... In fact, ANY last generation Half Life game, eventually had me fucking STUCK. I don't know why, but I just couldn't figure out where to go. Which is weird, because playing Half Life 2 and all the episodes, I usually feel like I know exactly where I'm going before I even need to, they do such a good job with that in 2.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HandsomeDead
@TheGreatGuero said:
"Zelda: Twilight Princess - Far too many stupid design decisions that led to a whole lot of completely unnecessary frustration. "
While I wouldn't say I found it annoying, the design decision to have the first dungeon as a big Deku tree full of Skulltulas where I get the boomerang was enough to make me turn it off and never go back. I did that exact same thing a decade ago.
leeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58  Edited By leeto

Running out of water bombs in the Lakebed Temple in Twilight Princess, not having found the dude to teleport me out of the dungeon, and not a random water bomb lying around in sight.

I literally haven't played TP since
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ververdan0226
@Endogene said:
" Final Fantasy 7, Tifa's boobs in the final scene on the airship when she is running. "
hahahahahahaha
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

The Temple of the Ocean King in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. The game was very good but running through the same floors of the aforementioned temple after every single dungeon was tedious, boring and really killed things for me. I even stopped playing the game at one point just because I didn't want to run through that damn temple for the hundredth time.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By hatking
  • Assassin's Creed: When I figured out that I'd literally be doing the exact same thing eight times and that'd be almost the entire game.
  • Godfather 2: Around the fourth hour of playing the game I realized it was so mind numbingly boring I'd rather french kiss the business end of an active shotgun than continue playing it.
  • Devil May Cry 4: When I started playing as Dante and realized I'd be replaying the first half of the game over again.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#62  Edited By Yummylee

After playin the first few mins of South Park the videogame.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By harrisonave

At one point, during True Crimes: Streets of LA, you have to fight a fucking dragon.  I've never been to LA, so I'll have to have someone confirm this for me.... Are there a lot of dragons in LA?  Because that boss fight was fucking stupid.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By hatking
@Artemis_D said:
"At one point, during True Crimes: Streets of LA, you have to fight a fucking dragon.  I've never been to LA, so I'll have to have someone confirm this for me.... Are there a lot of dragons in LA?  Because that boss fight was fucking stupid."

Actually there are a few dragons running around LA that wasn't the unrealistic part...the weird part is that there are no cops in LA.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#65  Edited By Yummylee

ohh another, findin out how hard streets of rage 2 is :P I've beaten DMC3 on DmD with ''normal'' dante but streets of rage 2 on hardcore setting is in the dictionary under impossible for me :S

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ververdan0226
@Artemis_D said:
" At one point, during True Crimes: Streets of LA, you have to fight a fucking dragon.  I've never been to LA, so I'll have to have someone confirm this for me.... Are there a lot of dragons in LA?  Because that boss fight was fucking stupid. "
I've only seen like one in my experience, so yeah that is pretty weird.
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FLStyle
@EpicSteve said:
" @AndrewGaspar said:
" The ending of Metal Gear Solid 4 totally ruined the rest of the game for me. "
Second that! If they just went to the credits for real the first time after you herd the gunshot...best game ever. it had the closer the series needed, and goddamn it was depressing and satisfying. Then...one hour of random story coming out of nowhere. Also, Raiden should have been dead.
"
Not for lack of trying on Kojima's part, that's how it would've ended had he got his way.
IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By IBurningStar

First, to the guy who stopped Ocarina at the fire temple, you have to keep playing. You are not worth your salt as a gamer until you have gone through the water temple.  While it hasn't aged as well as some parts of other games, for it's time it was the single greatest mindfuck in game history. Someone might be able to say something that tops it today, but when it came out it was giving the world a friendly fairy lobotomy.
I also thought the ending of MGS4 was great. Not all of it was great, just most of it. Wrapped up some stuff barely touched on and foreshadowed in MGS3 and PO and really tied up all lose ends still hanging from MGS2.

Moments that killed games for me?
Kingdom Hearts. Forgot what level. I was looking for the next platform to jump to and wanted to double check to see if I was lined up right for the jump. I turn to look and Goofy's dumb fucking face is there to take up the whole goddamn screen like he loves to do. That time was just the last time that I could tolerate it. The Disney characters have done nothing but hurt a game that could have an interesting story and made a lot of moments just come off as being retarded. Remember the part in KH2 where they try to make Mickey look like a badass? I loled and then sighed. So, yeah, took the game out after that and traded it in to EB a few days later.

Final Fantasy 8. Some point in the 2nd disc. Have never got past the second disc because it is impossible to give a shit about that game for more than 15 hours.

Silent Hill: Origins. The part where you touch the mirror and can go back to the normal "foggy" side. What makes the games great is that you spend the entire thing being pushed around and tortured by the town as it does whatever the hell it wants, whenever the hell it wants. Giving me say over it, bah!

SMT: Nocturne. The Matador fight. Totally broke my spirit and drive to keep playing.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By ShadowKiller

I was playing Twilight Princess at the Sky Temple and I hated that place and then I saved and shut it off after the mini boss. I couldn't find out how to get into the room I was in when I saved and I haven't touched that game in over a year.

etdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By etdragon

The last 1/3 of Uncharted nearly killed that game dead for me.  I really enjoyed that game right up until the point where it went batshit crazy and after that I had a hard time being motivate to finish it.  Also, the end of Fallout 3 before it was "fixed" by the Broken Steel DLC.  That just pissed me right off.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#71  Edited By Jeust

The end of the main quest in Fable 2, when i revived everybody... excepted my dog. So i'm unable to complete some of the best quests in the game... 

Really awesome!!!! 

I could just prim Lionhead with some really bitter compliments... but naaaahhhhhh 
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Pibo47
@Eric_Buck said:
" Uncharted when all those damn aleins came and it turned into a survival horror. Like what the fuck!? Still a great game though... "
Actually i thought that was the best part of the game. It was the only time the gun play worked well lol. Love the characters.
ColinRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ColinRyan

While I understand people not liking the Mutants in Uncharted, I thought it was a nice short and it didn't really affect the game too much. I played through it on every difficulty and I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, sorry if you have, but if I shoot a guy in the face 5 times with a shotgun, he should be dead. That was the worst aspect of the game in my opinion, but I still love it.
 @ Gamer_152, Same.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I've never seen my inbox so full of messages. Looks like I angered a lot of people and have some explaining to do...

For the record, I didn't hate Portal at all. I thought it was a really great game. As far as the game concerned, my only criticism of it is that it's pretty short, and I felt that the end of the game could have offered more of a challenge. I felt that towards the end, they didn't really force you to make much use of stuff you had learned earlier. I think it's good to test gamers at the end with more of a cumulative challenge where all the skills and techniques they learned are put to the test. Also, I wasn't too crazy about the final boss battle. I loved a lot of the game, though, and thought all the cake business was seriously awesome. I had a blast with most of the game, but found GLaDOS to be really overrated. I didn't think she was all that funny. I found the general craziness of the gameplay to be a lot more amusing and had plenty of laughs just screwing aroudn in the game.. Like I mentioned earlier, I did have a hard time understanding her most of the time, which was annoying, and dude, subtitles can really kill humor. Maybe if I were to play through it again, I'd be less critical. I am a pretty big critic as it is. As someone who didn't like GLaDOS, it's a given that I wouldn't like the end song. I thought it was very nerdy, cheesy, and above all, it made me feel shame for having played the game. Maybe that's a bit much. Whatever. If that bugs you, I'm sorry to hear it. Seems most people disagree with me on that one, and that's fine. I also don't like Transformers at all. *GASP!* Oh, man! Am I just digging my grave deeper or what? Alright, alright. Maybe I should move on here before this leads to more angry responses.

@Hailinel:
Well, I suppose I should explain what sort of problems I had with Twilight Princess. I think a lot of it was marred by some bad decisions by the designers. I've explained some of these issues quite a few times in several threads. I'm starting to think I should just make a few blogs detailing what I didn't like about certain games. You know, for quick reference, so I don't have to write it all out and explain myself every time. Maybe I should start writing some user reviews or something where I can detail these problems. Anyway, onto the point. Oh, and I should warn you now... I don't think you know exactly what you just got yourself into. Be strong, this may get excessive.

As one example, there are a lot of puzzles thrown all over Hyrule in Twilight Princess. There will be chests that will taunt you throughout your adventure. I'm sure most people will try multiple times to try to find a solution, though a lot of them actually end up being pretty simple and just require you to have a certain item, and don't really require much thought. I will say that I found some to be good, but let me get to my point.... You'll be tempted to find a way to get these chests open, and I think that's cool and great and everything, but what happens when you finally get to open the chest? Most of the time, you're just rewarded with rupees. That doesn't sound so bad unless you're pretty familiar with Zelda games. A problem I've noticed among several of the latest Zelda games is that you get rupees everywhere and ideally want to collect as many as possible, but there's hardly ever anything to buy with them. Most of the stuff you'll purchase with rupees can be collected for free just by playing the game. So what happens? You end up with a full wallet, and whenever you're rewarded with rupees in a chest, you can't pick them up so they just vanish forever. Someone at Nintendo was aware of this and thought of dressing the issue, but what they did was made the problem worse. In Twilight Princess, if you can't get all the rupees in your wallet, you're forced to put them back. Clearly this was done as a way for you to be able to come back to them later when you could carry them, but there's one thing it lacked. When this happens to you, I think the chest should clearly be marked on your map so that you know that you opened it already and it had rupees you couldn't carry. So let's say you're in a dungeon, or revisiting one, trying to open all the chests. Well, you're not going to know which ones you already opened that had rupees when you look on your map. Heck, when you get to that chest, you might not remember either, and might even end up repeating puzzles only to reopen these chests with money you can't carry. It happened to me more than a few times. It's truly frustrating and also pretty annoying. So then outside in Hyrule, I'd finally be able to get those displayed chests open, and would be excited that I had finally succeeded in solving the puzzle, but again would be slapped in the face with rupees I couldn't carry. There's a few ways this can be addressed in future games. Firstly, it should be indicated on your map. Have the chest appear as a different color or something, or have a picture of a rupee appear on it. Heck, maybe they could lift the wallet cap entirely. One thing that I think would be appreciated is allowing you to long-shot yourself onto chests you've opened before. You've obviously already been there before, so why should you have to go through the hard work to get there again? Let me use my longshot to get there quicker and without the headache. Preferrably, though... dude... just find better stuff to reward us with. There's not much of anything good you can buy with your rupees anyway. Let me get some cool items, or perhaps stuff that can lead to sidequests or something. Anything but this, or other than that retarded third outfit you pay a whole lot of money for only to discover it's really stupid.

Okay, there's a lot of stupid objectives in the game. Downright stupid. Undeniably. One that I always like to bring up is the cat and the fish in the beginning of the game, but truthfully, I encountered several other dumb goals too throughout the course of the game. Anyway, the cat thing. You're trying to get the cat to follow you into that shop, remember? Yeah. So ideally you're probably going to first try to chase it in there, and that doesn't work. You pull out your fishing rod and it follows you... but not into the shop. What the heck? It was following me up until I opened the door... why didn't it go in? Kind of dumb, but I guess I'm doing something wrong. So whatever, eventually I try catching a fish, and I do. Okay, nothing happens. The cat still follows me but won't go in. Annoying. That would lead any reasonable person to believe that catching a fish is not the answer and you must do something else. Well... there's not a whole lot going on at this stage in the game. I was stumped. I was stuck there for probably an extra hour as a result. I didn't know what to do because nothing I tried worked. It turns out you need to catch like two fish in a row. Dude, c'mon. That's dumb. If it didn't work the first time, who would expect it to work the second time? I think that's a very solid example of a stupid design decision. Then there's the Goron that is thirsty and wants hot mountain spring water, which only stays hot for a limited time. So what do I do? The same thing I'm sure everyone else did. I go to the hot spring, get a bottle of water, and hurry my butt over to that Goron. You know what happens as you approach him, regardless of how fast you were? The water turns cold because it's not the actual solution. Why isn't it? I don't see why it couldn't be. Instead you have to do a completely unrelated task to please this guy. That's lame. I found a more practical solution and I'm punished for it and basically just wasted my time. Truthfully, the game is filled with instances like that. So there, that's what I'm talking about.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By buzz_clik

Jean Reno's dubbed voice in Onimusha 3. I kept playing, but dayam it was distracting. I mean, doesn't Jean Reno speak English anyway? It didn't help that the story was pure tosh, either.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheGremp

I suppose these aren't "moments", but they're just parts of games that ruin the entire thing.

Warcraft 3 - The Frozen Throne: 
The unneeded abundance of DotA servers.  DotA fails anyways, and it bugs me that the game is now known for such a terrible mode.  Footmen Frenzy ftw.
Gears of War/GoW2: The online community.  I suppose this could go for the majority of online games, but the GoW community in particular drives me insane.  So many douche bags, idiots and whiners online that I eventually just stopped playing the game altogether.
Crackdown: The constant reminders that I never bought the DLC...  Why must the harpoon gun taunt me so!?
Assassin's Creed: When I found out that bowing your head or sitting on a bench somehow turns you invisible.  "Oh he's praying...  He's wearing the same clothes as the assassin and has blood on his hands, but someone that spiritual couldn't be a killer."

There's probably more that I'm forgetting, but meh.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77  Edited By Milkman
@buzz_killington said:
" @Eric_Buck: You could've simply said "the ending of Uncharted". Thanks for spoiling the game, by the way. "
Are you fucking serious? The game came out 8 months ago! If you didn't play it yet, then you're not going to play. And how the hell does that even spoil the game? "When those alien dudes show up" really makes you want to never play Uncharted? Really? REALLY?! Get out of here with that bullshit. That's not even the ending by the way. The ending is when you're fighting that dude on that big battleship! OOPS!
meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By meptron

The "laughing scene" in the Enlglish version of FFX. Actually, there were other scenes that killed it for me as well. The voice acting in that game was beyond terrible.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By daniel_beck_90

As a long time Silent hill fan , half-way through Silent hill Homecoming I was completely disappointed . Since when silent hill was about dodging and counter attack ?

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80  Edited By Optiow

I hate it when a glitch that hinders game play occurs, it really takes the fun out of the game.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#81  Edited By DrRandle

Scarlet in Silent Hill: Homecoming. I was determined to beat her, and I eventually did after a few hours... But she pretty much drained any good will I had left for that piece of junk game.

Also: the salty sea captain and his giant nurse in Henry Hatsworth.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By HairyMike87
@ververdan0226: In Devil May Cry 4. Halfway through. Playing as Dante and going through the game again that I just went through. Pretty much crap.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By auspiciousqueue

That stupid electrical sewer thing in FFXII. I swear I hated the game after that. Actually, I couldn't stand the game in general. 

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#84  Edited By Black_Rose
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Just when the game got impossibly hard (about 5 hours in) I gave up, I didn't want to be frustrated because of it.

Tenchu: Shadow Assasins. This game is awesome, however I got to a point where I don't know what the hell to do so I just gave up.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Pretty much the same as Tenchu. it's a fantastic game and I still do some sidequests from time to time, but I haven't advanced on the main quest for over a year now.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85  Edited By kush

The "ending" of MGS4 was pretty damn terrible, as well as Act 3 or MGS4. I absolutely loved the first two Acts, but the game just went straight downhill after that.

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By skunk

Rubber Band AI in anything just ruins games for me, especially racing games. I'm looking at you Midnight Club LA, a lot of fun but so much gay. Anyone that's ever played anything by EA will know what I'm talking about.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#87  Edited By Meowayne
@DrRandle said:
" Scarlet in Silent Hill: Homecoming. I was determined to beat her, and I eventually did after a few hours... But she pretty much drained any good will I had left for that piece of junk game.
Noo, don't discourage me. I'm trying to beat Scarlet for DAYS now. Most difficult boss battle I've had in a looong time.

It's beautifully done, in fact one of the most well presented boss fights in the entire series, but what makes it a chore is the UNSKIPPABLE 1 MIN DIALOGUE SCENE that comes before.

Yes, you read that right. There's a very difficult boss battle in Silent Hill V that, when you want to attempt it again after losing it, you have to listen to an unskippable 1 minute conversation before. Every. single. time.

*pulls out hair*
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@Artemis_D said:
" At one point, during True Crimes: Streets of LA, you have to fight a fucking dragon.  I've never been to LA, so I'll have to have someone confirm this for me.... Are there a lot of dragons in LA?  Because that boss fight was fucking stupid. "
Good call, dude. That game was bad, and then it got to be so ridiculously stupid that I just couldn't keep playing. That dragon was the icing on the cake. For the record, I live in L.A. and have never seen any dragons.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#89  Edited By Meowayne
@TheGreatGuero said:
For the record, I live in L.A. and have never seen any dragons. "
On the other hand, you don't find GlaDOS funny. So, I'd rather have this "no dragons in LA" thing confirmed by someone else.
OptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By OptimusPrime

Getting lost in a game. whether it be somewhere on the map i dont know how to get to, or just the story not progressing along. i hate that the most.

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By jinxman
The last boss in Bioshock.  I won't spoil is for anyone, but basically you go through this amazing, semiplausible story that captures your imagination and makes you want more....and then the final boss is fucking stupid.  like.  completely fucking retarded.  like, i can't believe they fucking did that shit.  Seriously makes me give Bioshock 4/5 rather than 5/5
delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#92  Edited By delta_ass

Deus Ex: Well, started playing the first level. And realized that the guns couldn't hit for shit. The recoil was unbearable as well. Apparently, the stun baton was the only viable option, but how was I to know?

Call of Duty 4: Third or fourth level, got to the television station building... and the infinitely respawning terrorists started throwing frag grenades every three seconds. And I was playing on Veteran, so their bullets weren't so great either. That really turned me off.

Red Alert 3: Building a bunch of Apocalypse tanks and watching them all get shredded up by some base defenses like paper mache. Then they came and completely annihilated my co-op AI's base. That's when I knew this game was complete garbage.

Neverwinter Nights 2: Starting up the game and trying to play with that terrible third person camera.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ineedaname

Far Cry 1, I was like I quite like this game, then I got to a lab then some mutated dog thing came at me I was like dude no, Alt+ F4 -> Control panel -> uninstall -> remove the rest of the files left behind.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#94  Edited By destruktive
@Endogene said:
"Final Fantasy 7, Tifa's boobs in the final scene on the airship when she is running. "

Indeed :D
Glerick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Glerick

Far Cry 2: The moment I realised that guard posts kept respawning way too fast. It totally destroyed the realism (and fun factor)  that the game desperately tried to approach.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#96  Edited By Lazyaza

Metal Gear Solid 4's 'tailing' mission where you spend the whole level following some guy drove me nuts, had to force myself to finish the game after that. Thank god for the bad ass mech fight at the end.  Overall I'd say a number of things tainted that game for me, I liked the cinematics but the way they made them drag on for sooooo long and you cant even watch them when you beat the game!  what the hell.

Halo 2's campaign when it got to the 'playing as the arbitor' stage, but then their were tonnes of changes they made in that sequel that still exist in Halo 3 and likely in ODST that just ruined the whole franchise for me.  Between the 'friendly aliens', the duel wielding, the vehicles no longer being invulnerable and the stupid focus on multiplayer over single player I just want to throw a brick at whoever caused those things to happen.  Halo 1 was soooo good and every halo game since it has been sooooo bad.  What I would give for Bungie to make something original again like Oni. sigh

God I could write a page worth of crap like this that happens in games. Their have been so few titles out that I can say were almost perfect from start to finish, only recent one I can think of is Bioshock.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By harrisonave
@TheGreatGuero said:
" @Artemis_D said:
Good call, dude. That game was bad, and then it got to be so ridiculously stupid that I just couldn't keep playing. That dragon was the icing on the cake. For the record, I live in L.A. and have never seen any dragons. "
Yeah, same here.  I have no idea what happens after that point, because I just quit playing it all together.  I actually, somewhat, enjoyed the game up until that point.  I don't know where this dragon idea came from...
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#98  Edited By lordofultima

MGS4 on multiple levels, Akiba and his major role in the story is just one of those examples.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By eric_buck

Man. I caused some controversy. Sorry for spoiling it...

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Meteora said:
" Gears of War 2: those 'radio cutscene' were you can only walk slowly and have to go through all of that dialogue crap.
You can press the back button to get past most of them.