Games you own on two or more platforms?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

I hate it when people own one game for two or more platforms but I am a victim. I own both Left 4 Dead and The Orange Box on PC & 360, why? because I didnt realise that the conolse versions sucked ass.

How about you?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I bought Orange Box on the 360 and just bought it again about a month ago for PC. 

Monoxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Monoxide

GTA4, but I haven't played either for more than an hour.

Edit: On 360 & PS3

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

I don't own any games of two or more platforms.  I don't have enough money for that.  :P

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Hamst3r

DiRT. I bought it on PC and it also came with the 360 I have.
IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IceColdGamer

Left 4 Dead. 360 and PC.
gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By gpbmike

I bought L4D for PC and 360. I have two brothers. One got it for the PC and the other got it for the 360. >_<

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#8  Edited By Soap

GTA4 on PS3/360
Mercenaries 2 PS3/360 (don't know why as it's a bad game as well lol)
Skate PS3/360
Fallout 3 PS3/360
Assassins Creed PS3/360

I'm pretty sure there is more,  i just can't remember right now lol

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

GTA4, for the ps3 because thats the current-gen console i picked first annnd also a copy for the 360 because of the expansions. Before it was announced they would be released on disc =/
supernando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By supernando

Does the orignal half life 2 for pc an orange box for 360 count? if not i als had fifa 09 on both xbox 360 and ps3, why? because they was only £20 this time last year and I had friends on both consoles thats i wanted to play

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond

Oblivion - 360/PC/PS3 - that was a waste
Orange Box - 360/PC
Left 4 Dead - 360/PC
Mirror's Edge - 360/PC
Geometry Wars RE - 360/PC
Unreal Tournament 3 - PS3/PC

I think that's about it for the current gen.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Damien

Puzzle Quest PSP/360
and soon MW2 360/PS3

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By buzz_clik

Impossible Mission - C64/DS 
Rez - DC/PS2
Half-Life 2 - XBox/360
Quake - N64/PC (although there are differences)

Plus I've still got most of the games on Ultimate Genesis Collection as original cartridges.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By cinemandrew
@Yukoei: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (original xbox and xbox 360). I didn't have a 360 when it came out, and I didn't want to wait till I got one to get it. The 360 copy came with the console. Me and my fiancee still played both copies TO DEATH. I also have Bioshock for 360, and PC. I didn't have a bad ass PC when it came out, but now I do, and it was $5 off Direct to Drive a few weeks ago. I love that game.

Edit: Saw Buzz_clik's post and remembered that cartridges were a thing. So adding to the list:
Chrono Trigger (SNES/PS1)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES/PS1)
Super Mario World (SNES/Wii)

I think that's it. There's more SNES games I want to pick up on the Wii though. I'm glad that current gen consoles are offering up some classic titles from my childhood as downloads. I know it's really just a way for them to make money off my nostalgia, but I really don't care.
gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By gpbmike

Oh, forgot I got Puzzle Quest for the PSP and 360 as well.

nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nixium

I own half life twice and fallout 3 twice. I might end up having borderlands twice as well :(

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#17  Edited By Eder

Sonic 2 (Genesis, Xbox, PS3, PSP, X360)

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Brunchies

Team fortress 2 for the PC and xbox 360. 

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I own The Orange Box & Left 4 Dead & Mass Effect & Mirrors Edge & Mercenaries 2 & Dead Space on both 360 and PC. And Max Payne & GTA: Vice City on PC & PS2. And Oddworld Abe's Oddysee & Exoddus on both PC & PS1.

It's the damn steam sales that do it. Pretty much all of those I bought the PC version when it was on sale on steam. Except for Mirrors Edge, Mercs 2 & Dead Space which I got for free when there was a glitch on the EA store.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Absolutely none. Actually, if you consider DLC, I suppose that changes things. I own Banjo-Tooie on Xbox 360 and Nintendo 64. I own Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda on both NES and Wii. Plus I have Super Mario Bros 3. on NES and GBA. I think that's it.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrKlorox

GTAIII (PC, Xbox)
Castlevania SOTN (2X PS1, XBLA)
Secret of Mana (SNES, WII)
Super Metroid (SNES, WII)
Doom (Sega 32X, PC)
Half-Life (PC-CD, Steam pack) 
Half-Life 2 (Steam pack, Orange Box PC)
HL2-E1 (Steam, Orange Box PC)
Oddworld Abe's Exodus (PS1, PC)
Morrowind (Xbox, PC-CD, Steam pack)

wow. I'm bad. I never even got into Morrowind.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By RipTheVeins

Never.

MasterMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MasterMind

soulcalibur 4 on ps3 and 360.
and soulcalibur 2 on ps2 GC and Xbox
and soon to be tekken on ps3 360 and psp

oh yea MGS on GC and PS1

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

Giants Citizen Kabuto PC/PS2 
Sonic 1 & 2 Gen/PSP 
Shadow Dancer Gen/PSP 

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#25  Edited By wefwefasdf

I have Gears of War for both the 360 and PC. When I built my PC I was really into Gears and wanted to see how it held up so it was an obvious choice. 

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By JoelTGM

Oblivion for PC and 360, I don't remember why.  The PC version was the collectors edition too.  
Fallout 3 for PC and 360, heh both Bethesda.  I don't like the game, but my brother got it for 360, and I got it for cheap on Steam for a friend, but his account was broken so I had to reclaim the gift onto my account.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By TheHBK

Orange Box for the PC and 360
Oblivion for the PC and 360
GTA 3 and  Vice City on the PS2 and Xbox
Jedi Knight 2 on the Gamecube and PC

Incidentally, this reminds me of my collection of Terminator 2.  I own the VHS, DVD, PSP UMD and Blu Ray copies of the movie.  Gonna buy it on Itunes too so i can have it with me at all times.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

None spring to mind, I'm too poor to buy games more than once.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Diamond
@gpbmike said:
Oh, forgot I got Puzzle Quest for the PSP and 360 as well.
Same here.

I don't even want to start to figure out what old gen games I own or owned more than one version of.  Actually, that's wrong.

I want to start to figure out what old games I owned on more than one platform, but I know where that would lead, so I won't.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By iam3green

no, not really. only game that i can think of is team fortress 2. i bought the orange box for 360 played some tf2 and then everyone stopped playing it. steam had a deal for tf2 so i bought it.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Akeldama

i own countless copies of Half Life 2 and Oblivion

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Scooper

Only 1. Oblivion GOTY Edition on 360 and PC.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Evilsbane

The Orange Box and Left 4 Dead and I will agree that TF2 in the OrangeB sucks ass but everything else was great on the 360 version.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WinterSnowblind

GTA 3 and Vice City
Had them both on the PS2 but eventually bought the Xbox versions after seeing how many enhancements they made.

Also had Timesplitters 2 on the Gamecube and later got it free with my Xbox.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShaneDev

Halo 1 on PC and Xbox  

Half-Life 2 on PC and Xbox   
and the Orange Box on Xbox 360 and PC

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pazy

Call of Duty 3 - Xbox 360 and Wii. I got the 360 version first and the Wii version came free with my Wii (the other choices were crappy third party mini-game collections).

Tomb Raider Legend - Xbox and Xbox 360. I had the Xbox version and loved it, I got the 360 version because I wanted to replay it before Underworld and it was extremely cheap preowned (£3).

Tomb Raider Anniversary - PS2 and PC. I got the PS2 version for christmas and then the PC version came free with a graphics card.

Tomb Raider - PS1 and Ngage. I owned the PS1 version and when I got an Ngage (after they stopped making them) I had to get Tomb Raider so I could play it on the bus.

Impossible Mission - PS2 and DS (and a couple older platforms). The remake was 50p new on PS2 and then I saw the DS version for £3 new and Im a big fan of it so I got it again.

Halo - Xbox and PC. I had the original for Xbox and my brother got the PC version (he never played my xbox so hadent played it) and when he stopped playing it I took it to play multiplayer with.

Vietcong: Purple Haze - Xbox and PC. I had the PC version (with expansion) and then I got the Xbox version as a christmas present (wierdly I play the xbox version more since it has a terrorist hunt like mode where it populates MP maps with AI).

Unreal Championship/Unreal Tournament 2003 - Xbox and PC. Technically they are slightly diffrent but they are basically the same, I had the PC version then got the Xbox version because it was cheap and I wanted to see how the conversion went.

Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorow - PC and Xbox. I had the PC version (had never played a splinter cell game and it was a couple pounds) and then I got the Xbox version so me and my brother could LAN it for co-op since it was only a couple pounds.

Counter-Strike - PC and Xbox. I had the PC version first and I got the Xbox version to LAN my brother (same time as Pandora Tommorow).

Team-Fortress 2 and Half Life 2 - PC and Xbox 360. I had HL2 on PC but my computer would produce an error with it (though wierdly no other source games) so I ended up getting the Orange Box version so I could really play HL2 and then the episodes. I got the PC version of TF2 to play with a bunch of my PC centric friends.

Super Mario 64/DS - N64 and DS. I had never owned an N64 until after I got a DS so SM64DS was one of my first games so I could see what all the fuss was about, then I got an N64 and got SM64 since it is awesome! and cheap to boot.

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories - PS2 and PSP. I got the PS2 version when I didnt have a PSP, my brother got the PSP version afterwords and then gave it to me when he sold his PSP.

Command and Conquer Red Alert - PC and PSN/PS1 Classic. Ive had the PC version for years and got the PSN version to play on the bus.

There has got to be more than that but I cant remember them lol mostly I get duplicates by accident (presents/free etc.) or since I want to play them on the go.

EDIT: Also Quake - PC and N64. Had the PC version for years but when I got an N64 a few years ago I wanted an excuse to replay it and it was £2.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By penguindust

I bought Half-Life 2 for the PC when it came out and then picked up the Orange Box for the 360.

tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By tranquilchaos

3 versions of Final Fantasy 6 and 3 versions of Chrono Trigger spread across various platforms. 

Puzzle Quest for DS and XBLA. 

Peggle for XBLA and iPhone. 

Maybe some others I'm not thinking of at the moment.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SoothsayerGB

I literally have boxes of double and triple titles.  For the same systems and more then one console.  Most were double gifts from friends and relatives.  They didn't want it anymore and I ended up with it.   Sometimes my brother or sister would get the same game from someone during x-mas or on a b-day.  They were never big into gaming, so eventually I ended up with it. 

Also during high school and after.  Before collage, most of my friends dumped old toys and games on me.  For quick easy cash or just a quick trade.  Thats how I ended up with a closet full of SNESs, Genesis's and various other consoles from the 90's.  For some reason, not sure why, I have 7 copies of Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Earth worm Jim.  Including three boxes of Nintendo powers and tons of strategy guides, booklets, box arts, torn out posters...   Oh and those Genesis magazines too.  I want to say they were called "Image." 

I don't have any doubles anymore thoe.  Now that I buy my own games.  I just buy one. But back in the day, I was always the guy that kept his stuff.  When everybody else was running off to trade in their systems and games for the next title.  I was saving up to buy my own copy and now I occasionally sell them on Ebay.  

Kinda funny how I can sell a 15 year old game to buy a brand new one.

Another thing about having so many games, I think, is the 80's economy.  People all over were buying.  Which bleed into the 90's.  But not so much these days.  

The Nintendo generation was truly the Golden age of gaming. 

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Just World of Goo right now.