GB Casual Fight Night Stream.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

@mikefightnight: You need a twitter account or something to let everyone know when yall are doing something together! I don't wanna miss out on anymore gatherings!

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@esrever: Well, I do have twitter. Same name as here, MikeFightNight. Follow my Twitch channel for updates on when the stream is up. Sometimes I may feel like streaming but not enough people from this forum are on, so I will send out a tweet to see if anyone is interested. I will also tweet to give a heads up some time before starting the stream. I updated the OP, thanks for the idea.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ESREVER

@mikefightnight: Cool, I followed you on twitter as well as twitch. I'm not sure how any of the social stuff works on twitch. Dunno if its a thing I need to leave up all the time to see when you go live or what, but twitter is definitely something I have open all the time.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esrever: it should send you an e-mail every time I go live. You might have to go into your preferences on twitch and make sure, though.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to be mashing some DSR! Come and Join the twitch chat!

MeganeAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By MeganeAgain

Good games, everybody! It was nice playing/stream monstering with you guys.

I learned how to Darkstalkers, I've become comfortable with Persona 4 Arena again, and I had a good old time. Looking forward to another fight night with y'all again!

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Another good stream. The new f2p Tekken may be a neat idea to try for the next stream (until we all run out of credits ofc, plus I don't know if it has a large endless lobby type system).

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#58  Edited By InfiniteSpark

GGs to all last night! Megane, you got a pretty darn good Labrys in P4A. [DAT RED AXE!] Stinks that PSN was acting up a bit last night.

At least these sessions have been a nice distraction for me, since work has gotten me all stressed out this year. (I haven't been in the best of moods for most of the year honestly.) I'll see if I can keep up the good fight if I can.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davidwitten22: Yeah Tekken Revolution is a great idea to start the stream next time since its F2P! I downloaded it yesterday but haven't played it yet. I feel playing it for the first time on stream is the best course of action. xD Anyone know if it has lobbies?

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@davidwitten22: Yeah Tekken Revolution is a great idea to start the stream next time since its F2P! I downloaded it yesterday but haven't played it yet. I feel playing it for the first time on stream is the best course of action. xD Anyone know if it has lobbies?

It has a lobby. I played with FluxWaveZ yesterday and I ran out of Coins/Premium Tickets in under an hour... so start collecting now.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking to get a stream going tonight! If you're interested come to the twitch chat on my channel and we can all decide what to play!

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to be mashing some AE shortly. Come out!

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd like to get involved in these but I'm in Britain so the connection would probably be ass.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to get involved in these but I'm in Britain so the connection would probably be ass.

Same here! Also my connection is terrible right now, so it'd be even worse than normal for me.

Watching the stream for a bit. Chat won't load though.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petiew:

Yeah Twitch went down a couple of days ago and I guess they're still sorting stuff out. Try logging out and then back in. That worked for me.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We starting up some P4A tonight! Come on out!

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ESREVER
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tonight was awesome! We need to play more Arcana Heart 3! That game is rad! Gonna put some time into training :P

Thanks for the fightnight, mike.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Bah, i missed AH3, damn you @esrever for not telling me. I bet it's cause you didn't want to lose!

Anyway, PSN is Raishiro

Games are...

Anarchy Reigns
Arcana Heart 3
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend+every other one
Soul Calibur V
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

And i'd consider getting the newer Ninja Storm games if you guys are gonna play those, i have the first one, havn't gotten any after that though.

Also, someone will probably have to wake me up somehow when you guys are playing =P

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#73  Edited By InfiniteSpark

Oh wow, you guys actually played AH3 last night? I'll have to check the archive for that. I'll join in next time you guys plan to have another AH3 session.

GGs to those who I played with in P4A last night!

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MikeFightNight

I thought it was a fever dream but yeah... I guess we did play AH3 last night.

Also here is the post I made a year ago when I was interested in getting into AH3. STILL NO REPLIES!!1

It's funny to read it now.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikefightnight: Lol, the "fuck gravity button."

I spent some time with Elsa in training. Her critical heart is literally the most impossible thing to do. After like 2 hours of constant attempts, I was able to do it once. Butman, that game is fun. Can't wait to play more with yall. We need to find a way to revitalize it here on GB.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#77  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
Loading Video...

The first two matches have some headset chatter because I recorded them straight from the live match and not from a saved replay. Regardless, a lot of fun stuff happened. If you're a beginner and have concerns that any of us are "pro" players, you should check this out. Lots of mashing.

Match times:

0:00 MikeFightNight (Zenia) vs. Dolphin_Butter (Lilica)

3:36 Dolphin_Butter (Lilica) vs. MaceX (Elsa)

7:59 MaceX (Yoriko) vs. MikeFightNight (Maori)

11:53 MaceX (Zenia) vs. Dolphin_Butter (Angelia)

16:55 Dolphin_Butter (Heart) vs. MikeFightNight (Kamui)

20:07 MikeFightNight (Petra) vs. MaceX (Dorothy)

23:11 MaceX (Nazuna) vs. Dolphin_Butter (Saki)

26:49 MaxeX (Eko) vs. MikeFightNight (Lieselotte)

28:46 MikeFightNight (Clarice) vs. Dolphin_Butter (Mei-Fang)

31:05 MikeFightNight (Konoha) vs. MaceX (Fiona)

Loading Video...

Only caught the last few matches of the P4A block because of network issues, but good times were had. FluxWaveZ is still tops.

Match times:

0:00MikeFightNight (Naoto) vs. FluxWaveZ (Shadow Labrys)

1:26 FluxWaveZ (Shadow Labrys) vs. Dolphin_Butter (Elizabeth)

3:25 FluxWaveZ (Aigis) vs. Bloo561 (Aigis)

5:15 FluxWaveZ (Akihiko) vs. MikeFightNight (Kanji)

7:14 FluxWaveZ (Shadow Labrys) vs. Dolphin_Butter (Elizabeth)

9:34 MikeFightNight (Naoto) vs. Bloo561 (Chie)

12:17 MikeFightNight (Naoto) vs. Dolphin_Butter (Elizabeth)

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@baillie@mikefightnight I'd like to get in on the next one whenever it happens.I've only got a 360 I'm afraid...gamertag is VectorSpecter.

But yeah,as far as games go:

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend,SCV,TTT2,Third Strike,KOF,and MVC2

Look forward to it!

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aww I somehow missed all of this last night.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MikeFightNight

@dolphin_butter: Nice work man. Think you could also link to this forum in the description? Also post your list of games! That goes for anyone else that was watching or playing last night. Much appreciated, thanks.

I think I'm going to hit up Gamestop later and see if I can pick up a few games on the cheap. TTT2, UMvC3 and BBCS seem to be games more people own that I don't. None of those need an online pass do they?

@solh0und I don't see why not. I'm down for streaming any FGs if others show interest and get hype.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

@mikefightnight: No problem. Description updated. :) Also, I believe TTT2 requires an online pass.

As for my list of games...

Arcana Heart 3 (PS3)

Battle Fantasia (PS3)

Darkstalkers Resurrection (PS3)

Dead or Alive 5 (PS3, Vita)

Fight Night Round 4 (PS3)

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+ (PS3)

Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)

King of Fighters XIII (PS3)

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3)

Persona 4 Arena (PS3)

Soul Calibur V (PS3)

Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3, PC, Vita)

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (360, PS3)

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (360, PS3, PC)

Tekken Revolution (PS3)

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3)

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (PS3)

EDIT: I'm typically on my main PSN ID, SuperSonicKirby, but if your friends list is already padded, I can just sign onto my Dolphin_Butter account whenever the occasion calls for it.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm going to hit up Gamestop later and see if I can pick up a few games on the cheap. TTT2, UMvC3 and BBCS seem to be games more people own that I don't. None of those need an online pass do they?

I think TTT2 needs an online pass.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ESREVER

Anybody interested in playing some Arcana Heart 3 tonight? I feel like I understand the game better, and its pretty freaking sweet. How this game isn't more popular is beyond me.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made a room in Arcana Heart 3 where Shirogane and I are playing. If anyone else wants an invite, just let me know.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MikeFightNight

I like to play/try all kinds of FGs, this is a fact. So it has come to my attention through twitter of this game Yatagarasu. It's made by three former SNK/KOF developers and it's gameplay is heavily influenced by Third Strike. OK, that single sentence is what got me intrigued. I googled "Yatagarasu fighting game" and the first link was to this site called giant bomb (dot) com. Anyway, a version of it is out right now on PC, it even has net play (hopefully they aren't the same devs who built KOF's net code.) http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/yatagarasu

And they have an indiegogo campaign going on right now as they are working on a newer version, Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm. It all seems really awesome. I'm going to try and check it out this weekend, maybe do some streaming.

Loading Video...

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikefightnight: Sounds interesting. I read that one of the features is I can have Tokido commentating my matches as they're happening. That sounds ridiculous! Might be similar to the P4A announcers. Any idea what the online support is like. Lobbies? Ohwait, it says 8 player lobbies. Neat! I might check this out too, assuming we can play together, which I don't see why not.

Its gonna be breaking into my Elsa AH3 learning though!

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esrever said:

@mikefightnight: Sounds interesting. I read that one of the features is I can have Tokido commentating my matches as they're happening. That sounds ridiculous! Might be similar to the P4A announcers. Any idea what the online support is like. Lobbies? Ohwait, it says 8 player lobbies. Neat! I might check this out too, assuming we can play together, which I don't see why not.

Its gonna be breaking into my Elsa AH3 learning though!

Welp, I caved and bought it. Runs fine so far, been messing with training mode. It's got that low rez pixel art style, just like 3s. Really nice animations. I put the maunal for the game in my public Drop Box folder here for anyone who is interested. Very much like 3s at first glance so far. All characters have a universal overhead, one normal confirms into supers. It has parries but unlike 3s they are dedicated buttons. I think one parries high attacks and the other low. So it is a six button game, with four buttons being normals. Characters also seem to have command normals so that adds to the overall tools at your disposal.

Training mode also seems to be more fully featured then I would imagine for an indie game like this to have. The ability to record the dummy is something I always appreciate. How to set up online matches is talked about in the manual. At first glance it seems a bit daunting, but shouldn't be too hard. Tthe fluidity of the matches is what i'm more concerned about.

And that announcer feature to be totally honest seems pretty dumb and awesome. I can't comment on how insightful the commentary is as they are not speaking english. But it's funny hearing them get hype. I'll have to mess with it more before passing judgement but I think I will turn it off eventually. Also when you get to the point to pick your announcer it's super jarring and hilarious, as they are represented by screen filling real pictures. MK toasty style, lol.

Going from this to...
Going from this to...
THIS!?! LOL
THIS!?! LOL

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ESREVER

Rofl, thats... fantastic. I might get it then. Would you want to test out the online today?

Welp, I got it.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By MikeFightNight

@esrever: I would be down to test out the online tomorrow and on the weekend. Also, yeah we should do another AH3 stream soon, get some people together from this forum who own it. I still want to concentrate on Guilty Gear, but too many other FG distractions!

I have also posted the manual for Yatagarasu on it's GB wiki page under images. I will upload character moves to the main wiki also.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikefightnight: Cool, I'll be down for that. Can I use a ps3 stick for this game? I remember this stick worked on PC before when I tried the PC/ggpo version of Third Strike. But this game isn't reading it at all. Manual doesn't really help much xD

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By MikeFightNight

@esrever: I plugged in my Ps3 pad via USB and it worked fine. Now that I think of it, the reason is probably because I installed drivers awhile ago for it. Google MotionJoy gamepad, it's free. Read how to set it up, it's been awhile so I forget, it's not hard though. I didn't have to open it or anything while playing, once it's installed it just worked with the game.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ESREVER

@mikefightnight: Yea, I've been using Motionjoy for a good while now. Found out MC TE sticks aren't compatible with my PC, so I gotta order some $7 attachment to make it compatible. Might as well! Especially if SG ever gets released on PC.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to be streaming and messing around in training with Yatagarasu.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dolphin_butter and @mikefightnight and I are currently rocking some Third Strike on PS3! Come join the craziness!

(Hopefully we'll do some AH3 later too :P )

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ESREVER

Man, Good games to all in both Street Fighter 3 and Arcana Heart 3. That was a blast! 5 players partaking in AH3 madness, for like 5+ hours. We gotta do it again!

@mikefightnight thanks for hosting a spectacular session.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to Mace, Spark, Dolph, and Buttenator for showing up to play some FGs tonight. AH3 is kinda starting to grow on me. Dat Clarice can really force you to play her game.

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#97  Edited By Buttenator

Good games last night, I'd love to play more Third Strike and maybe some more random stuff like MK9 or Virtua Fighter if people are interested.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ESREVER

Yea, Third Strike was fun. Its been awhile since last I touched it, I had forgotten what little I did know. You murdered us D:

If you're down for random, lemme introduce you to a little game called Arcana Heart 3 ;). I'm down for anything else as well, just don't expect anything from me in those games.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
Loading Video...

Part 02 | Part 03 | Part 04

Sorry I'm uploading the archives two days after the fact, but the entirety of my body was aching yesterday after an ill-advised 90 minute jog on Friday. Spent the day in my bed playing 3DS games. Anyway, I got all of the Street Fighter III session uploaded. Match times are in the video descriptions as per usual. The game's replay manager doesn't save PSN IDs when the match doesn't include the local account, so I have no idea who played or won the Hugo vs. Hugo match in the fourth video. If someone could let me know how that went down, I'd appreciate it so I could update the description.

Currently grabbing Arcana Heart 3 replays. Hopefully those will come tonight. :)

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dolphin_butter: No rush bro, we figured you were in video rendering hell yesterday and that's why you were gone all days xD

The Hugo v Hugo match was me and Mike. I think I won that one.