Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MikeFightNight

Emily Nguyen
Emily Nguyen

All skill levels are welcome as I myself am no expert in any one game. I want it to be a casual gathering so even if you know nothing about a particular game come out and learn in a friendly environment. By the same token, if you're someone who is dead serious about playing high level competition and has no patience for new comers, this may not be the place for you.

I'm open to any fighting games people may be interested in playing. I feel games with lobbies work best but am not ruling out ones that don't. I'll make a list here and people can discuss what they would want to play. I own a large number of these but not all. So anyone who knows them better tell me if the online is even worth it.

I have also put an asterisk beside any game I own. If you're a big fan of a game I don't own yet then get on the forum and make your voice heard! Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm players may be the hypest motherfuckers in all the FGC, but I don't know that! If enough people show interest I will play/stream any FG.

*Arcana Heart 3 (AH3)

Anarchy Reigns (AR)

*Battle Fantasia (BF)

*Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend (BBCSE)

*BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (BBCP)

Chaos Code (CC)

*Darkstalkers Resurrection (DSR)

*Dead or Alive 5 (DoA5)

*Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (DoA5U)

*Divekick (DK)

Fight Night Round 4 (FN4)

Fighting Vipers (FV)

*Guilty Gear xx Accent Core +R (GGXXAC+R) no lobbies unfortunately.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (INJUS)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD ver. (JJHD)

*King of Fighters XIII (KoF13) Online still garbage. No Lobbies. PC ver. in the works! Hopefully not garbage online?

Marvel vs Capcom Origins (MvCO)

Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (MvC2)

*Mortal Kombat (MK9)

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (MKAK)

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (NunsG)

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (Nuns3)

Pacific Rim: The Video Game (BS)

*Persona 4 Arena (P4A)

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PsAS)

*Skullgirls (SG ) I own it on PC and PS3. PC version has lobbies right now! Consoles to follow.

Sonic The Fighters (SF...no wait... that can not be right.)

Soulcalibur V (SCV)

*Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (STHDR, HDR)

*Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (3s, SF3)

*Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2013 (AE)

*Street Fighter x Tekken (SFxT)

*Tekken Revolution (TRevo)

*Tekken 6 (T6)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (TTT2)

*Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (UMvC3)

*Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (VF5FS)

World Wrestling Entertainment 2013 (WWE '13)

World Wrestling Entertainment All-Stars (WWE All Stars)

*Yatagarasu (Yata)

Let me know if I missed any.

Every Tuesday night is a safe bet of when I will stream, usually starting around 9PM Eastern time. I will try to stream more during the week when I have the time. Since things are not set in stone if the mood changes during the stream and people want to play something else, no problem.

In keeping with the casual theme I decided that for now when I am on PSN and see other people from this forum on, I will try to set something up. If enough people are on I will msg them to visit my Twitch chat room where we can all decide what we want to play. Then they can grab a mic and/or stay in the Twitch chat room.(Mic is not required) I feel this is the best approach for now, with people having different commitments and time zones.

Follow my Twitch channel for updates on when the stream is up and also on twitter: MikeFightNight. If not enough people are on my PSN list to get something going I will tweet to see if anyone is interested.

Communication

During the stream Twitch chat is the best option for those looking to drop by casually and be heard. However if you want to mic up I have decided Skype is the best option since not everyone has a mic on PS3. I have made a chat room there and even if you have no mic text chat is still an option. Add me on Skype my email is f_613_mike@hotmail.com. Let me know you are from this forum.

I'm open to suggestions and feedback as I want this to be a community thing, so discuss!

Also, if you get a new FG either post here or PM me. I would like to keep this table updated and current.

GBPSN ID/ Steam IDGames
AjayRazAjayRaz

AE, AR, DoA5U

AzterisAzterisAE, DSR, DoA5, INJUS, KoF13, MvCO, MvC2, MK9, MKAK, PsAS, SG, SCV, STHDR, SF3, UMvC3, VF5FS
ButtenatorButtenator

AE, DSR, MK9, MKAK, P4A, SF3, (Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom aficionado)

casper_casperhertzog

DSR, GGxxACP, JJHD, SF3, VF5FS

DarthOrangedarth_orange93INJUS, MK9, PsAS, SCV, SFxT, UMvC3
davidwitten22davidwitten22P4A
Dolphin_ButterSuperSonicKirby

AE, AH3, BF, DSR, DoA5U, FN4, GGxxACP, INJUS, KoF13, MvC2, MK9, P4A, SCV, STHDR, SFxT, TRevo, UMvC3, VF5FS, Yata

ESREVERMaceX

AE, AH3, AR, BBCP(ON THE WAY), BBCSE, DoA5U, GGxxACP, KOF 13, MK9, P4A, PsAS, SF3, STHDR, SFxT, T6, TTT2, UMvC3, VF5FS, Yata (.hack//Versus aficionado)

Ghost249Ghost249AH3, BBCSE, DoA5U, GGxxACP, P4A
ImmortalSaiyanMaxwellMouseDoA5, P4A, SCV
InfiniteSparkRurikidA

AH3, BBCSE, DSR, GGxxACP, INJUS, KoF13, P4A, SG, AE, TTT2, VF5FS

IrrelevantJohnxLLeg3ndX

AE, BBCP, BBCSE,CC, DSR, DoA5U, GGxxACP, KoF13, P4A, UMvC3, VF5FS, PC: SFxT, SG (Sonic the Fighters & Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom aficionado)

KurinkitaKurinkita

DoA5, INJUS, MK9, NUNSG, NUNS3, P4A, PsAS, UMvC3

MeganeAgainMeganeAgain

AE, BBCSE, DSR, P4A, SG, TTT2, VF5FS (Melty Blood aficionado)

Petiew

Petie_wBBCP, BBCSE
PsychoheadMrPsycohed

BBCSE, INJUS, P4A, UMvC3

RJPeloniaRobertJay

AE, AH3, BF, DSR, INJUS, KoF13, MvC2, MK9, MKAK, P4A, SG, STHDR, SF3, WWE’ 13, WWE All Stars

ShiroganeRaishiro

AH3, AR, BBCSE, SCV, SF3, TTT2, Yata

Skyfire543Skyfire543

AH3, P4A, STHDR, VF5FS

Solh0undSolh0und

INJUS, KOF 13, P4A, SF3, SFxT

SpudBugMrSaturnDAKOTAAE

INJUS, KoF13, MvC2, MK9, MKAK, STHDR, SF3, TTT2

StarvingGamercatbond

AE, DSR, KoF 13, MK9, MvC2, P4A, SCV, STHDR, SFxT, SF3, SG, UMVC3, VF5FS

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MikeFightNight

I'm also doing this because I want to add streaming to my video skill set. I have messed with some test stuff and am happy with the results. I recently just got a new service provider plan and can stream and play with no problem. I also want to test my setup under longer stream times to see if I need a new capture device. If things turn out well I would want to do some more produced streams and have GB exhibitions showcasing different FGs between people of similar skill levels. Some ideas I have that will set the tone of what I'm going for.

Cut some dumb/fun promos hyping each match and the players.

Have payers lay down dumb bets. (Not money, more like you have to do this, etc)

Maybe have a "pro schools joe" segment, where two people new to fighting games face off. Then two people more knowledgable in the game have a week to set up a few lessons with their player. Then they come back, face off and see who wins. Maybe their respective coaches can spectate and talk trash to each other while they fight.

First to a set number of match exhibitions. However before they play, they outline a set of challenges they will try do during the matches. Each one they complete gives them points. The harder the challenge, the more points awarded. So lets say a player gets 5 points for winning a match, wins first to ten, but completes only a few challenges. Well then his opponent may still win having won only a few matches, but concentrated on getting his flashy challenges for high points. As challenges were done, I would update the points for each player during the stream. So the player wouldn't know his opponent's challenge until it was too late. Or maybe it would be more fun if they knew before they fought?

Either way some of these segments might need to be prerecorded, as not everyone's schedule would coincide with the stream.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What is this shit? XBOX 360 IS WHERE ITS AT

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikeFightNight

@baillie said:

What is this shit? XBOX 360 IS WHERE ITS AT

Hey, if you want to buy my a 360 and all the FGs I already own on PS3 I won't complain xD. I also own a PC so I am down for streaming stuff on there too.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Baillie

@mikefightnight: Eh, we used to have a pretty big fighting game community here, everyone seems to have kind of moved on. Still a few around. HEY @scooper

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

That's terrible timing for me unfortunately, otherwise Id love to. If I ever can make it, I'd play SSFIVAE, UMVC3, SFxT, KoFXIII, MvC2, P4A, SCV, SFIIHDR, DSR, MK9, SFIII, Skullgirls, VF5...

My heart would be with SSFIVAE, SFxT, and UMvC3 though. And UMvC plays fine on PS3.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Baillie

Yo, MvC sucks.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikeFightNight

@starvinggamer: Well i'm up for streaming at different times if the interest and people are there. I just want to have at least one solid scheduled start time a week. On most days i'm busy during the day so later start times work better for me. My off days are usually in flux, but i'll try to do something earlier during the days when I can.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikefightnight: My gaming window typically falls between 330 and 430 PDT so 630-730 your time. Then I typically busy until some time after midnight.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

PS3 only? Boooooooo.

Otherwise I'd love to fight someone in BBCSEX or DoA5

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By ESREVER

@mikefightnight: This is neat. I use to host a community fight night for BB:CS a couple years ago on here on the ps3 side of things. And I have been in dire need of making some new friends and fighting/growing competitively with them. I could be down for something like this.

I'll list everything I own on ps3 from the list.

• Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Play a lot, not very good)
  • Dead or Alive 5 (Play a lot, not very good)
  • Persona 4 Arena (Play a lot, competent I guess)
  • Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (Play a lot, competent)
  • Street Fighter x Tekken (Rarely play, but willing to for the group)
  • Arcana Heart 3 (Use to play a lot, would love to go back to it and actually learn wtf is going on)
  • Street Fighter 3 Third Strike (My favorite SF game, still not very good at it)
  • Street Fighter 4 AE (Own it but don't really play it, might be willing to for a community thing)
  • KOFXIII (Own it, play occassionally. Online still isn't great)
  • VF5 Showdown (Own it from PS+, not experienced, but will play for the fun of it)
  • Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (Played a decent amount)
  • MK9 (Haven't touched it in years)
  • SF2 HDR (Haven't touched it in years)
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Just got it, want to learn it real bad in preparation for the new one)
  • Anarchy Reigns (Played a lil bit of multiplayer. S-Ranked. Pretty much used Ai Rin exclusively)
  • .hack//Versus (Never played this online because it was a JP only release, but hey, never know. Beat the single player)
  • Tekken 6
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Yatagarasu

After watching that 12 hour stream of GG XX Accent Core Plus, I will probably buy that tonight. Not sure about its online, I heard its not great compared to other Arc titles. I bolded the games I'm most interested in.

PSNid: MaceX (leave me a message in the request saying you're from this thread)

Whats the best way of following any updates on this?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

gonna bump this see if anybody else is interested

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikeFightNight

@esrever: Hey, that's awesome! Looking through the games you play I share a lot of the same experiences except for UMvC3, BBCSE and PsAS. I got into vanilla MvC 3 and had a lot of fun for a few weeks. It's funny because this is the game I see most during tournament streams and enjoy watching it. I know more about it then most games I actively play probably. For updates i'd say pay attention to this forum and follow my twitch channel. I might as well put down all the games I own.

• Arcana Heart 3 (Messed around with and liked the flow, even if I had no idea wtf was happening.)
  • Battle Fantasia (Got it for free with PSN+. Played it once)
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection (Love the DS series. I know a lot about the systems of DS 3 but don't practice enough. Would say I am medicore)
  • Dead or Alive 5 (Had fun in the past mashing, never really learned it)
  • Guilty Gear xx Accent Core Plus (Played a lot with a friend for awhile. It's super fun but you really need to know match ups. No lobbies last time I checked, the online was real iffy connecting. But once you established a connection it played fine.)
  • King of Fighters XIII (Wanted to get into this and bought it on release, then traded it when I found out the online was garbage. I own it through PSN+ now, lol. Would still play it, as long as connections are good)
  • Mortal Kombat (Haven't played it in a long time, but was competent)
  • Persona 4 Arena (Played a lot when it came out, mostly with a friend. Haven't kept up with the scene, played Naoto, now would have to be content with my scrub Kanji play)
  • Skullgirls (Bought it on release and mashed for a brief period. Just got back into it recently and have been trying to learn. It's super fun and creative. Is more Marvel then Marvel IMO)
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (Haven't played in forever)
  • Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (Love this game. I never took the time to dissect it but still have fun)
  • Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (Vanilla SF IV is what got me back into FGs. I'd say im mediocre)
  • Street Fighter x Tekken (Didn't play it for long after release. But now seeing how it's evolved I respect it and would play it)
  • Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (Got it for free on PSN. Don't know wtf i'm doing.)

I am down to play any game on my OP that people will come out for. Even if I have to buy it. Ideally I would love to have someone who knew the game better to teach those who don't some basic concepts about it.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thegoldencat7

Sounds like a neat idea, I'm game. There was a strong community for SF4 back in the day. Community gaming type stuff and forum activity in general seems to have gone down since then though.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still believe that only crazy masochistic people main Naoto... those were some good games. So much work, all for naught! ,_,

I'll continue to help you in any way I can to make this a regular event. I don't know much about stream/capture gear though, so I'll be useless in that dept.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I am bad at all fighting games not called Dead or alive or Soul calibur. I have Persona 4 arena on PS3 and would like to become half decent at it. PSN id is MaxwellMouse

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By davidwitten22

Hey man, my PSN is davidwitten22. The only games that I own for play are Persona 4 Arena and Super Street Fighter 4 (but I don't have Arcade :(). I have been considering getting KoFXIII but if it truly has a garbage netcode on PSN then I'd rather pass and maybe try something like Skullgirls or SFxT if I can find it for very cheap. Sorry that my fighting game library is limited, but I'm ok-ish at Persona 4 Arena (C rank, competitive against B and A ranks I play against on occasion).

I like this idea. If when games that I don't play come up I wouldn't mind being present as a viewer.

Oh, and when Divekick is eventually released, this has to go down.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Skyfire543 on PSN. I would love to be a part of this every once in a while, even if I'm pretty crappy at fighting games.
I own: Persona 4 Arena, Arcana Heart 3, Virtua Fighter 5, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD, and I'm planning on getting Skull Girls some time in the near future.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Solh0und

Doesn't seem to be alot of people playing Injustice here. Granted that I won't recieve PS3 my copy until later this week but I haven't seen much talk about it and it's barely 2 months old.

Edit: Whoops, where are my manners? Heres some fighters I got in my collection

• Street Fighter X Tekken(I got the Vita version but hey....cross play! Also I'm alright at the game skillwise)
  • Persona 4 Arena( Haven't touched it since Borderlands 2's release. Need to sharpen my skills again...and finish story mode).
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us(Won't have my official copy until later this week like mentioned before)
  • Street Fighter 3 TSO( See "Persona 4 arena")
  • King of Fighters Xlll( used to play alot of this and online netcode seems meh. My skill is decent at it)

PSN: Solh0und.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cmblasko

I am interested in participating, but I only own Xbox 360. Have you considered using the PC as your target platform instead?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be down for:

Darkstalkers Resurrection (DSR)

Dead or Alive 5 (DoA5).

Injustice: Gods Among Us (INJUS)

King of Fighters XIII (KoF13)

Marvel vs Capcom Origins (MvCo)

Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (MvC2)

Mortal Kombat (MK9)

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (MKAK)

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PsAS)

Skullgirls (SG) lobbies are coming! PC version will release with them, console to follow.

Soulcalibur V (SCV)

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (HDR)

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (3s)

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (AE)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (UMvC3) I've heard PS3 ver. has input lag compared to 360. I've also heard its only noticeable if you're use to 360. So I dunno.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (VF5FS)

PSN: Azteris

I've also been thinking about picking Tag 2 soon.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By irrelevantjohn

PSN ID: xLLeg3ndX

Alright so I have:

- Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (BBCSE) [Scrub at it]

- Darkstalkers Resurrection (DSR) [Only Played Once]

- Guilty Gear xx Accent Core Plus (GGACP) [Decent]

- King of Fighters XIII (KoF13) [Scrub at it]

- Persona 4 Arena (P4A) [competent]

- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (AE) [Scrub at it]

- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (UMvC3) [Scrub at it]

- Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (VF5FS) [Scrub at it]

On PC I have:

- Street Fighter x Tekken (SFxT) [Scrub]

- SkullGirls (SG)

The online for GGACP is spotty depending on distance I think. Only played it with east coast folks and it was perfectly fine.

KoF13 online is still pretty much trash.

UMvC3's input lag is only really noticeable to hardcore players from what I read.

EDIT: You forgot the best fighting game of all time dude... SONIC THE FIGHTERS!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, I guess giving you my PSN would be a helpful thing to do right? catbond

And input lag in UMvC3 on PS3 is completely irrelevant unless you play the game primarily on the 360.

Psychohead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't worry about the input lag on the PS3 version of UMvC3. It's a complete non-issue in online play, as it will be completely lost to the normal lag you get playing anything online.

I could be down for something like this. On the PS3, I've got

• UMvC3 (and vanilla, if you wanted to get really weird)
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Injustice
  • BB:CS

And on the PC, I've just got AE. I'm pretty much trash at all of 'em, but at the moment I'm trying to get better with Injustice. PSN id is "MrPsycohed"

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

#26  Edited By InfiniteSpark

Sure, I'm down for this. May try to play a few games on a new fight stick my brother recently got for me as a birthday gift.

PSN: RuriKidA

• Persona 4 Arena [Played a lot but I'm not that good.]
  • KOF XIII [Terrible. Shame that the netcode is bad in this game. Also, no player lobbies for this game as well.]
  • GGXXAC+ [Terrible. Hoping the +R patch comes out soon with improved netplay and player lobbies.]
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection [Terrible.]
  • SFIV AE 2012 [Terrible.]
  • VF5 FS [Terrible.]
  • Injustice
  • TTT2
  • BB CSE
  • Skullgirls
  • Arcana Heart 3

X-Box Live Gamertag: Renmei85

• SFIV AE 2012
  • UMvC3
  • BB CSE
  • Skullgirls
  • SF3 3S
  • KOF XIII
  • MK9
  • Puzzle Fighter (since someone else mentioned it!)
MeganeAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MeganeAgain

Sounds fun! I'll definitely pop in from time to time.

Since everyone's doing it:

GamesAppraisal of my skill-level
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade EditionI don't have it for the PS3, but I do have the PC version of the game. I'm seemingly average skill-wise.
SkullgirlsI'm pretty mediocre so far. I'm hoping to get better, though!
Virtua Fighter 5 Final ShowdownI'm practically a baby. I seriously want to learn how to play this game, though. You can count on me to show up!
Persona 4 ArenaI used to play a lot with my local scene. I was "good" early on in the game's life, but I'm sure I've fallen behind quite a bit.
BlazBlue Continuum Shift ExtendI used to play a lot of BBCT, but that was a long, long time ago. With all the changes made to each character, I am effectively made a newbie once more.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2I've been playing this game recently in hopes to learn Tekkenomics. I'm not great, but I can say now that I can indeed play Tekken.
Darkstalkers ResurrectionI haven't played this game much, but I would like to give it a real shot. I will likely show up for this game if it gets played.

Also, on the off-chance people play Melty, I'd like to point out that I play that too.

That whole "describe your skill-level" bit sure was depressing to write. T_T

PSN ID: MeganeAgain

Steam/GFWL: Razentsu

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We could have two separate teams? 360 and PS3. I would be up for hosting the former.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MikeFightNight

I'm happy to see people interested! I'll get to adding all of you to my PSN later tonight.

@solh0und said:

Doesn't seem to be alot of people playing Injustice here. Granted that I won't recieve PS3 my copy until later this week but I haven't seen much talk about it and it's barely 2 months old. PSN: Solh0und.

I know Injustice is picking up numbers in the tournament scene and growing well. Just last UFGT people were complaining over the the spot it got on stream since it has been getting large viewing and entry numbers. Not sure how many ppl are into it here on GB, I know I don't own it yet but will pick it up sometime. Awesome, i'll add you to my PSN!

@cmblasko said:

I am interested in participating, but I only own Xbox 360. Have you considered using the PC as your target platform instead?

I am not against streaming on PC but currently own no FGs on it. I will definitely try it out when Skullgirls comes out on PC as it seems like it will be the most updated version for awhile. Not every FG has a PC release either, so using it as a target platform woudln't be great. I know most Capcom fighter have made it out on PC and from what I hear are very good. I'll keep a look out for steam sales and if more people are interested try to do something in the future.

EDIT: You forgot the best fighting game of all time dude... SONIC THE FIGHTERS!

I have made a grave mistake... Which has been corrected!

You can blame @esrever. He started it xD.

@baillie said:

We could have two separate teams? 360 and PS3. I would be up for hosting the former.

I will endorse this and share no ill feelings towards you xD. I love FGs and would enjoy streaming all types of them on all platforms. But realistically I am only one person and more to the point, don't own a 360. However someday I may, so that's why I didn't want to put PS3 only in the post title and segregate people from the get go. Some people have metnioned they play on 360 too, so if you want I can add you to the OP saying you will be putting together the 360 Community Fight Night. Then we can use the same forum and grow it!

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If someone sets up an Europe equivalent I'm up for that. Lag is one thing but at 9pm Eastern I'm still sleeping.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By psylah

@baillie: Sorry, PS3 is the de facto standard in the FGC this gen.

We'll see how it goes on the next consoles.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah: Try looking at what was the biggest for the GB FGC, then come back to me.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ESREVER

@meganeagain said:

You can blame @esrever. He started it xD.

My baddd

I know its not really a fighting game in the traditional sense, but Anarchy Reigns is pretty sweet. I would totally be down to play that in a community thing. I'll add it to my list for the hell of it.
I also don't own any fighting games on PC. Not until Divekick is released at least. And mayyybeee I'll pick up Skullgirls. Still iffy on that one.
Also, isn't Soul Calibur V $20 now on psn? I should get that too. SO MANY FIGHTING GAMES... WHAT HAVE I BECOME?! Will probably spend the day learning Guilty Gear...

Kurinkita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kurinkita

This sounds like an great idea! im so in though im not that great at these games :)

Kurinkita on PSN

Games i own:

Dead or Alive 5 (DoA5): Never started, so pretty bad i would guess.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Low

Mortal Kombat (MK9): Low-Med skill

Persona 4 Arena (P4A): Played 1 hour, Low skill

Injustice: Gods Among Us (INJUS): Low-Med skill

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PsAS): Med-High

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (NunsG): Med+ to High- skill

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3(Nuns3): Med+ to High-

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool i'd be down to play some Vsav, GGXXAC+ (the netcode can be a bit fucked up), Jojo's, 3sOE or VF5

psn: casperhertzog

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested to but at that time think it will be too late here in the UK. Weekend would be ok I suppose. I have just about all fighting games for Xbox 360 and a few for ps3 and pc.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By irrelevantjohn

I would love to bring back Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom but I doubt anyone actually has it...

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#38  Edited By Buttenator

I own most of those on 360, so I'd be down for that. On PS3 I have AE, 3S, Darkstalkers, P4A, MK9, and that terrible MKAK. I'd say I'm decent at all of them, but I'm super rusty. If this becomes a regular thing I might be inclined to grab the PS3 version of some more of those. I'd also be down for some Tatsunoko, but hell if I remember how to do anything in it.

XBL and PSN are both Buttenator.

Donoram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Donoram

I am absolutely down for this. I am one of those people who loves fighting games, can beat all of my friends handily, but as soon as I enter the wild I just get KILLED. This hasn't stopped me.

Anyway, I would be totally friggin' down for the 360 team. I'm currently sporting:

• M vs C 1, 2 and 3
  • Marvel Super Heroes
  • SF X Tekken
  • SF 4 (whatever version)
  • Soul Calibur 4
  • Battle Fantasia (Why don't more people own this?)
  • DoA 4
  • Blaz Blu: CS
  • Injustice
  • Skull Girls
  • Darkstalkers Res
  • Battle High 2 (Some indie fighter. Not bad!)
  • SSF2THD (secret code)
  • Fighting Vipers
  • SF3: Online Edition
  • Puzzle Fighter HD ( :D )

Hit me up! Gamertag: Donoram

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ESREVER

So far I count about 18 on the ps3 side, and about 5 for the 360 side. That's including the folks that are willing to double dip.

When we gonna start this up :D!

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Alright for those of you who do not wish to be on mic or don't want to use the terrible PSN chat, please use this:

http://giantbombing.com/chat/

Nickname: Use your GB nickname

Channels: #GB_FightNight

and we should be talking.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By davidwitten22
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Scooper

@baillie said:

@mikefightnight: Eh, we used to have a pretty big fighting game community here, everyone seems to have kind of moved on. Still a few around. HEY @scooper

Yo! What's up?

Yeah, I don't have access to wired internet where I live now. I've been tethering my S3's 3G as internet for the last 5 months now which means I haven't been able to play any online games really. Hopefully I might have some good wired internet by the end of the year then I'll get strait back on the horse. It's killing me not being able to play SFIV. Shame there's no scene I know of in South East England.

Good luck setting this up, though. We had the strongest community on this website for about 2 years and it was awesome.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@scooper said:

@baillie said:

Yo! What's up?

Yeah, I don't have access to wired internet where I live now. I've been tethering my S3's 3G as internet for the last 5 months now which means I haven't been able to play any online games really. Hopefully I might have some good wired internet by the end of the year then I'll get strait back on the horse. It's killing me not being able to play SFIV. Shame there's no scene I know of in South East England.

Good luck setting this up, though. We had the strongest community on this website for about 2 years and it was awesome.

We did have a solid scene. I still play SF4 every now and then. Don't play it as much as I used to.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

This sounds like fun.

My PSN is RobertJay

Of those games, I have ACH3, BF, DSR, INJUS, KoF13, MvC2, MK9, MKAK, P4A, SG, HDR, 3s, AE,WWE '13, and WWE All Stars.

I have to warn you though: I'm absolutely terrible at fighting games.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Hey MikeFightNight is hosting a room in P4A right now, come join if you want to!

EDIT: Join the IRC room (Read OP for details).

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

I updated my post (post 26 on this thread) with my X360 Gamertag and games I own for the 360 if anyone wants to hold a 360 session.

GGs to MikeFightNight, IrrelevantJohn, davidwitten22, and ESREVER for the P4A session on Monday night!

GGs to MikeFightNight, IrrelevantJohn, and Buttenator for SF AE tonight!

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MikeFightNight

GGs to all! Thanks for coming out! Check out the archive at twitch.tv/MikeFightNight and see all the fun you're missing out on! I'll try to post here and make more noise before doing future streams.