• 68 results
realkilla789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By realkilla789

As stated in the podcast, the staff said that they don't want to have to clamp us down. They expect us to stay civilized. But as we all know, not everyone is civilized so let's not take this for granted. If many of us keep being d*cks they could just decide to put mods in. Let's be mature guys.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cube

They trust us. We owe it to them to not be dumbasses.

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DarkLegend

If it gets out of hand, then the uprise of the moderators will begin.

realkilla789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By realkilla789
DarkLegend said:
"If it gets out of hand, then the uprise of the moderators will begin."
exactly
Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Aaron_G

I think we can all stay civilized here.

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolemnOaf

it would have to be some kinda twilight zone forum if the users were really able to maintain decency amongst themselves without intervention.  I would be amazed, and probably a little frightened.

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Why_So_Serious

Thats what happened today earlier. It got out of hand earlier thus we had 2 new mods. Stay civilized people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

SolemnOaf said:
"it would have to be some kinda twilight zone forum if the users were really able to maintain decency amongst themselves without intervention.  I would be amazed, and probably a little frightened."
Sad but true. The Dread Central forum is the closest thing to a "friendly" forum I've ever been a part of--and even it has it's share of assholes.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By Cube

It seems like that WhiteAsian dude or whatever is banned. Can anyone clear that up for me?

Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Met2609

Light moderation is always needed, but if we act like human beings and not raving animals, I think we can keep it at light moderation.

Leone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Leone

If only it were that simple. I'm not one to put down a "no-moderation" system on the forums, but at the same time I hope the Giant Bomb team will stay vigilant in stamping out the ne'erdowells that are invariably going to show up at some point.

The problem with a community without (outside) regulation of any sort is that there a rift could (quite easily) develop between user groups, and it'll devolve into an elitist groups dismissing anyone else- too often does that happen on internet forums. Internal, self-sustained regulation just doesn't seem to work out on the vast fields of the interwebs. In a perfect world, no moderation would be fine, and right now I'd love to trust every user here to be respectful but the evil face of the internet has and will show itself many times in the years ahead.

Perhaps we don't need a true moderation staff, but it would be useful to have some kind of hand there to keep away the troublesome and encourage the newcomers as well as promote the community as a whole.

realkilla789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By realkilla789

Oh yea i forgot to mention to you guys. The staff mentioned that they WILL BAN you for being a d*ck

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Termite
Why_So_Serious said:
"Thats what happened today earlier. It got out of hand earlier thus we had 2 new mods. Stay civilized people."
Gah, I must have been asleep when the 2 new mods came around.

Damn living in Japan
Schadenfreude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Schadenfreude

I don't think it's going to work, but hopefully over time I'll be proven wrong. :)

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Why_So_Serious

This sounds weird but take example from The Dark Knight. A world without rules. Its always best to have light moderation going on to medium moderation. Some people can't handle the power they are given, thus, they turn out to troll and spam. If we have to much freedom bad things can happen which is why it won't hurt to have a few more mods. Not a lot , just a few.

Avatar image for stapler_hernandez
Stapler_Hernandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They should ban the self righteous straight edges if you ask me.

Which involves pruning half of the forum lol

Carmel_Chewy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Carmel_Chewy

The site could use a few easy going mods. I would like to take the job if some easy going mods where needed. If we really really had to enforce the TOU strictly, I wouldn't do it.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By phatkav

Actually I don't see the reason behind this? Does it hurt to have mods? It's not like having mods will make the forums more strict and less fun. They will just be here incase something gets out of hand. Otherwise they should just let us have fun.

Boo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Boo

Glad it's not as strict as Gamespot

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Why_So_Serious
Carmel_Chewy said:
"The site could use a few easy going mods. I would like to take the job if some easy going mods where needed. If we really really had to enforce the TOU strictly, I wouldn't do it."
Asking to be a mod will not get you anywhere, trust me. So just wait and maybe you'll be surprised.
MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MisterSpiffy

It's pretty cool that they trust us enough to go without moderators, at least for now.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TimeWaffle

well at least we can say fuck without being banned

khit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By khit

Hopefully no one like dawhiteasian shows up here ever again!

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Why_So_Serious
khit said:
"Hopefully no one like dawhiteasian shows up here ever again!"
It will happen. It can't be stopped. How long till the next person I don't know.
Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jax

There needs to be moderation, but they don't want to clamp down with an iron fist of reign. They know what they're doing.

BoldFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By BoldFusion

When you get thousands of people together on a forum, there's bound to be some trouble once in a while. And for that reason, I think we do need some mods to keep things under control when it sometimes happens. Because I think we all know what some people can do....

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Player1

To put it simply...lets not turn into gamespot ok?

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I kind of like having more freedom than other websites, and for the most part the community can keep itself under control. But I still think we need people with special banning/locking/deleting privileges to take care of suicide posts or spammers like DaWhiteAsian or possible invasions.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Jensonb

Hey, all we have to do is obey the rules...Err, rule:

Don't be a d**k

Look, I even self-censored it :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There has to some form of moderation

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Why_So_Serious
Player1 said:
"To put it simply...lets not turn into gamespot ok?"
It will take a lot of same threads, strict mods, and dick gamers to do that. So far we have been pretty good.
Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32  Edited By Jecrell

Just keep it mad pozzy guys. Common sense, etc. :)

DarkArmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DarkArmada

I think the idea of "Moderation" seems to mean something different to y'all... IMO - Moderation isn't about restriction of free speech or banning etc etc. Every forum needs some level of Moderation just to keep things neat and tidy. Combine posts, fix up posted guides and how-to's, respond to requests on the forum and just be a voice of the site within the forums. Plus, Moderators are a excellent source of info about the site for us and on the flip side, can feed info from us onto staff...

I know this is common knowledge among most of you, but it seems to me that people think of Moderators and they think "oh noes, i will be teh banned!" - just sticky point of annoyance for me is all :)

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Why_So_Serious
DarkArmada said:
"I think the idea of "Moderation" seems to mean something different to y'all... IMO - Moderation isn't about restriction of free speech or banning etc etc. Every forum needs some level of Moderation just to keep things neat and tidy. Combine posts, fix up posted guides and how-to's, respond to requests on the forum and just be a voice of the site within the forums. Plus, Moderators are a excellent source of info about the site for us and on the flip side, can feed info from us onto staff...

I know this is common knowledge among most of you, but it seems to me that people think of Moderators and they think "oh noes, i will be teh banned!" - just sticky point of annoyance for me is all :)
"
I don't think a Mod's first priority is suspension. I agree with you. It should be about keeping forums from being flodded, deleting sma threads, cleaning up after double posts, etc .
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By Karmum
p4ddym1607 said:
"There has to some form of moderation
"
Yes. Its great they want to trust us with being mature enough and civilized, but there will always be those few than ruin it.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jNerd

I honestly think that everyone here @ GiantBomb is gunna respect the rules & the only time we're going to have a problem is with suicide threads...

Leone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Leone
DarkArmada said:
"I think the idea of "Moderation" seems to mean something different to y'all... IMO - Moderation isn't about restriction of free speech or banning etc etc. Every forum needs some level of Moderation just to keep things neat and tidy. Combine posts, fix up posted guides and how-to's, respond to requests on the forum and just be a voice of the site within the forums. Plus, Moderators are a excellent source of info about the site for us and on the flip side, can feed info from us onto staff...

I know this is common knowledge among most of you, but it seems to me that people think of Moderators and they think "oh noes, i will be teh banned!" - just sticky point of annoyance for me is all :)"
A very good point, moderation isn't remotely just about swinging the banhammer. We need people to just go around and clean things up in general- just look at the Playstation 3 forum, there are two different PSN ID threads already, and the main comment was "the only reason you're bring that up is because you started it and I think mine is more popular" (if only I was kidding). I can only imagine the 360 board- I figure they have a few gamertag threads already as well.
I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By I_smell

I TOTALLY CALLED IT.

Avatar image for stapler_hernandez
Stapler_Hernandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at the inane censorship.

Thanks for contributing to the brash decline of America.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carmel_Chewy said:
"The site could use a few easy going mods. I would like to take the job if some easy going mods where needed. If we really really had to enforce the TOU strictly, I wouldn't do it."

Agreed. More importantly then the mods though, are some people who could do the job of approving submissions.. At least for specific consoles so its not too much submissions.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jNerd
Player1 said:
"To put it simply...lets not turn into gamespot ok?"
Agreed!
Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phatkav said:
"Actually I don't see the reason behind this? Does it hurt to have mods? It's not like having mods will make the forums more strict and less fun. They will just be here incase something gets out of hand. Otherwise they should just let us have fun. "
As long as the "fun" you speak of doesn't involve senselessly reaming newbies and post stalking (check out 1Up for a few examples of the latter), I'm all for that.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I think we can handle it. So far 1 out of every 1,000 people has been a dick and we all dealt with them fairly maturely. The best thing to do is just ignore all their posts like all the last times, then the moderators that we do have will take care of it.

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blizzvalve

We can all be civil here, but let's hope thst there won't be a barrage of trolls in the near future

Foxdemon2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Foxdemon2k

I just hope that they BAN everyone who act like a dumbass.

SmAsH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SmAsH

I want the forums to stay as civilized as the next person, but we all know that the inevitable will happen. Yes, the forums will eventually start to become chaotic and soon enough the need for moderators will be needed. I don't for how long this will stay, but I hope it will be like this for a while. I really like the sense of a relaxed environment, and not to be constantly watched over waiting for your slight mess up.

Foxdemon2k said:

"I just hope that they BAN everyone who act like a dumbass. "
Then almost everyone would be banned. :P
Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Why_So_Serious

Unless we get out of hand I don't think Jeff and the staff will appoint to many more mods. That's another reason we all left GS. Its too strict.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BoG
p4ddym1607 said:
"There has to some form of moderation
"
Yeah, there really does. Not having moderators is ridiculous!
DarkArmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DarkArmada
BoG said:
"p4ddym1607 said:
There has to some form of moderation
Yeah, there really does. Not having moderators is ridiculous!
LOL - straight from the horses mouth, although you're a little biased eh BoG? :P
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50  Edited By DARKIDO07
Why_So_Serious said:
"khit said:
"Hopefully no one like dawhiteasian shows up here ever again!"
It will happen. It can't be stopped. How long till the next person I don't know."
Hopefully by then we will have mods and they will drop the perma ban-hammer on him. A few spam topics are one thing. An entire page of them is another.