• 136 results
#51 Posted by Jixashauser (238 posts) -
LouChou said:
"In my teenage years I found a lot of games hard. But I was also doing class-A drugs at the time, so the idea of even completing a level seemed pointless when you could run against a wall for 30-odd minutes and giggle.
"
that´s and awesome game idea! any developers hanging around these forums?
#52 Posted by HAMrik (32 posts) -

Rygar on the NES

#53 Posted by idk_my_bff_jill (10 posts) -

When I first tried playing hard mode in GH II

#54 Posted by whosnext (3 posts) -

I tend to stay away from hard games. I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to gaming, to be honest.

#55 Posted by oWarlock360o (199 posts) -
Demilich said:
"

I Wanna Be the Guy

I can guarantee it shits on any other game mentioned in this thread. Google it if you don't believe me.
"

#56 Posted by svcheats1 (141 posts) -
Super R-Type for sure. My brain can't handle the amazing image scaling effects of the Super Nintendo.  :O
#57 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

Probably one of the tohou games; you know, those bullet hell type of games. Ikaruga also comes to mind.

#58 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

too be honest i think i would say dead rising its solid

#59 Posted by RabbitKarrot (362 posts) -

The PGR games on platinum difficulty. Some of the challenges are near impossible.

#60 Posted by Lackadaisical (35 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden Black. I got stuck in the underground level where you fight this creature with long arms. I think it's a dragon? Anyway I pretty much gave up there and still haven't beaten the game. Either I got really frustrated, or just lost interest, don't know for sure....

#61 Posted by RozzleDozzle (23 posts) -

I think the game you are trying to think of is Dragon's Lair for NES. That game blows hard.

Anyway, the hardest game that I have played is probably Ikaruga.

As for the hardest game ever, I'd imagine it something like this:

#62 Posted by Guild_Master (250 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden

#63 Posted by Shadz (198 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden, Battletoads and a lot of those top down shooters like Ikaruga.

#64 Posted by Ken (14 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden..... How can someone be so cruel to the gamers??

#65 Posted by Chaos_Bladez (140 posts) -

Probably Devil May Cry 3.
God Of War 2 might have been harder though. I always get stuck on that last hallway right before the 3rd sister for like a week or so.

#66 Posted by Philip (127 posts) -

For me it is Guitar Hero 3, on Hard or Expert. I just get all confused when there is more notes and its going faster...

#67 Posted by Moose (60 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden of course, but Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy in the US) got crazy near the end.

#68 Posted by Jixashauser (238 posts) -
RozzleDozzle said:
"I think the game you are trying to think of is Dragon's Lair for NES. That game blows hard.

"

JESUS H MONKEYBALLS! haha wtf! what game is that ? :O:O:D
#69 Posted by iamsickofspam (111 posts) -

Its a cliche to say it but, Contra.

Yeah...

#70 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Oh and some of the last levels of majesty are just plain impossible to complete

#71 Posted by Bombstrom (7 posts) -

Touhou games, God Hand and E.T for the 2600.

#72 Posted by Manachild (508 posts) -

ikaruga for sure

#73 Posted by nat (217 posts) -

i wanna be the guy is fkn nuts.....

#74 Posted by BxGT (72 posts) -

either ninja gaiden 1 or guitar hero 3 on expert aka imagination mode.

#75 Posted by Trickster (60 posts) -

Devil May Cry 1 on hard, made it roughly halfway through the game before i gave up

#76 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Super Mario Bros.

#77 Posted by PyroMenace (46 posts) -

I'll just list hard ones that I felt accomplished after finishing. 

Freespace 2 was a damn hard game playing through it just on medium, its even quite lengthy.
The first God of War forced me to demolish my first PS2 controller in a long time.

#78 Edited by MisoRonery (468 posts) -

Another vote for I Wanna Be the Guy.  If you want something almost as masochistic, but a little more reasonable, check out The Unfair Platformer.

#79 Posted by Blaine (34 posts) -

I couldn't even get passed the first cave bit in Dragon Quest 8 for PS2. So i just left it! What a waste!

b xx

#80 Posted by LinuxScouser (90 posts) -

Hardest I've ever played has to be Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I must just suck at this game or something, but I just left it alone after not getting any enjoyment out of it whatsoever. Much too tough for me.

#81 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

There was one few games when i was a wee pup that were to hard, but now that i think about it i was probably to young to really understand some of them.

#82 Posted by Nightkiller93 (174 posts) -

Tetris stupid hard game.

#83 Posted by BionicIguana (142 posts) -

Ikaruga, I would think

#84 Posted by Resonate (172 posts) -

I want to be the guy

hardest game

ever

#85 Posted by Pat_McCrotch (32 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden.

#86 Edited by logson (521 posts) -

Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight.

#87 Posted by Resonate (172 posts) -

#88 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1064 posts) -

The hardest game ReTarDedFisHy has ever played is probably Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening. Apparently lots of people hate this game because they can't even beat the first boss. No offence to any NG'ers out there but ReTarDedFisHy thinks NG isn't that hard.

#89 Posted by Resonate (172 posts) -
ReTarDedFisHy said:
"The hardest game ReTarDedFisHy has ever played is probably Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening. Apparently lots of people hate this game because they can't even beat the first boss. No offence to any NG'ers out there but ReTarDedFisHy thinks NG isn't that hard."
hahaha, I love the third person pov
#90 Posted by Mordok44 (173 posts) -

COD2 on VET UGH, and some old nintendo game i forget the name of

#91 Posted by rayen (8 posts) -

I've probably played some tough ass games that I can'r remember the names of but one recent that i've enjoyed is the Ninja Gaiden Black for xbox live ... I really hate that game though its still  fun to play ... bittersweet experience.

#92 Posted by optimusprime223 (399 posts) -

viewtiful joe, just couldnt get past one boss after another!

#93 Posted by aemaeth (220 posts) -

God Hand.. kinda.

#94 Posted by Anonymous (119 posts) -

The hardest game I played would have to be F-zero GX.

#95 Posted by oWarlock360o (199 posts) -

#96 Posted by VGobbsesser (23 posts) -

Probably Viewtiful Joe 2.

#97 Posted by Aaron_G (1615 posts) -

I think it was The Legend of Zelda Master Quest. That was pretty hard.

#98 Posted by Sabious (31 posts) -

In recent memory it would Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox. But most likely the hardest game I played was a Snes game or something, maybe Contra 3 as I never could complete that game when I was younger.

#99 Posted by RowdyRob (206 posts) -
RozzleDozzle said:
"I think the game you are trying to think of is Dragon's Lair for NES. That game blows hard.

Pretty poor collision detection there =P
#100 Posted by Randolph (374 posts) -
Absinthetic said:
"The first release of DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden"
I found both of those manageable.  I just find it funny that back at GS, Greg complained about the difficulty in DMC3, then when the Special Edition arrived, docked points because it was missing the difficulty of the normal mode of the original release.  For me though, the answer is NG2.  It's a strong example of going a bit too far in pursuit of a challenging game.  The enemies who spam throw moves that do way too much damage are no more or less cheap than the rubber band AI in Ridge Racer games that use more nitrous in a row than is actually supposed to be possible for a car in the game to use.