#101 Posted by VisceralBishop24 (47 posts) -

What about the people who purchased a membership last week when it was still $50? I'm assuming we're just "crap out of luck"?

#102 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Goddamn I wish......  

#103 Posted by Ben_H (3406 posts) -

I was a longtime hold out on getting a membership, but when I saw the new version of Points! posted, I immediately ponied up. Random PC game, and Jar Time easily make the cost worth it. The stuff from the other sites is really good too, though I don't watch the video version of the Tested podcast because I listen to it on my way home from class. 

Had they kept going with the Friday liveshow thing, I wouldn't have got one, but this new content is easily worth the cost of admission. 

The supply actually was limited for the Thanksgiving sale, but I don't know about this one.

#104 Posted by DaemonBlack (342 posts) -

I am not going to take advantage of this deal because Giantbomb deserves 60 dollars a year from me.

#105 Posted by TopFloor (27 posts) -

Well, you guys finally got me with your membership sale. XD

#106 Posted by GoodKn1ght (491 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

The supplies limited thing is a joke...right? I think it is, but I'm very uncertain.

Possibly just a limited time thing

#107 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@VisceralBishop24 said:

What about the people who purchased a membership last week when it was still $50? I'm assuming we're just "crap out of luck"?

Those purchasing a membership through this sale don't receive a t-shirt coupon.

#108 Posted by ADAMWD (613 posts) -

Now a premium member until June 2013!

#109 Posted by kidman (472 posts) -

@VisceralBishop24 said:

1st of all, yeah, but that's how world works, nothing new here. Also you get a T-shirt with your $50 so zero complains imho.

#110 Posted by JustinNotJason (422 posts) -

Didn't see anything in the article how long this will last, hopefully over the weekend. I get paid friday, so premium membership would be do able by saturday. Nice gift to myself.

#111 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

Congratulations to all who decide to become new paying members. Best money I ever spent on the Internet.

#112 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

Yeah, if you can spare it, even if you're doubting, it's totally worth it. Love it, every day.

#113 Posted by mustardfacial (36 posts) -

renewed my subscription for another year and kept Ryan, Vinny, Drew, and Matt Rorie in a job for another 3 months at best. I feel they deserve it.

#114 Posted by VincentLonga (66 posts) -

Better than paying $5/month. I'm thankful I have $35 to spend, in order to save some cash. Thank you Whiskey Media family of sites, may you be around for another round of renewals in 2013!

#115 Posted by sparks50 (373 posts) -

@VisceralBishop24 said:

I think you can use it to extend the membership with another year. Or gift it.

#116 Posted by Fattony12000 (7588 posts) -
#117 Posted by EmuLeader (558 posts) -

Ever since they started the push for re-subscriptions after the first year, the video content just got better and better. Its so much more worth it now, and I'm thinking about just adding on for another year.

#118 Posted by Quemador (169 posts) -

@DaemonBlack: Amen brotha

#119 Posted by CapnThrash (144 posts) -

YESSSSS!!!!

#120 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

Hey guys, it's SO easy to join...

#121 Posted by Grillbar (1891 posts) -

everyone who is allready a premium member should still click the link. its awsome

#122 Posted by super2j (1743 posts) -

im gunna try to get this.

#123 Posted by Arrested_Developer (734 posts) -

Everything should be filed under Roberta Williams.

#124 Posted by TJUK (100 posts) -

I just extended my membership to September 2013 with this offer. Thanks Giantbomb, let the good times roll!

#125 Posted by ThePilgrums (430 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

Or you can just lure people in by splitting content and features. That's obviously cool too.

Want premium content? Pay the money and support the site. The premium stuff is them giving back for us paying part of their salaries so Whiskey Media doesn't shut down in two years. And guess what? You won't get ANY content if that happened. Don't be an entitled jerk.

#126 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Dig Deeper into Roberta Williams?

#127 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Filed under...what?

#128 Posted by dudeglove (8141 posts) -

who the heck is Roberta Williams?

#129 Posted by Kosayn (453 posts) -

Be a Video Game Person. Y'know, like Roberta.

#130 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -
@dudeglove: It's that elitist bitch that made games and stuff. JUST MY KIND OF GIRL
#131 Posted by dillonj9889 (54 posts) -

All I have to say is don't mind the wet spot.

#132 Posted by Skanker (254 posts) -

Finally Roberta is being recognized as the premium sale she is

#133 Posted by VierasTalo (907 posts) -

Bought this one at long last. The random pc game-videos have intrigued me for far too long.

#134 Posted by zombie2011 (5027 posts) -

@VisceralBishop24 said:

Probably, they did this deal a couple weeks ago during Thanksgiving thats when i got mine renewed for 2 more years.

#135 Posted by TheDevo (5 posts) -

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does this offer include the $15 credit to the store?

#136 Posted by Abendlaender (2865 posts) -

So, it is roughly half the price of a new game but at least 5 times the content?

Sign my up little buddy (again, now till August 2013)

#137 Posted by White (1402 posts) -

I'm now a member until late 2013... I hope the site doesn't go under until then =/

#138 Posted by Fillem (35 posts) -

*sniff*. Only creditcards accepted. No Paypal. No happy membership for sad old me. :(

#139 Posted by gbrading (2102 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

who the heck is Roberta Williams?

This post is intensely saddening. :(

#140 Posted by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

Gobble fucking gobble.

Got to get in on this tomorrow. It's all about that golden badge, I feel inferior with a silver one.

You win this time, Giant Bomb.

#141 Posted by Jost1 (2078 posts) -

@Duffyside said:

Sex does sell, Mr. Gerstmann. Topless Jar Time or bust. Bust.

emphasis on bust I see

#142 Edited by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -
@WilliamHenry said:

The content they create for premium members wouldn't exist if they didn't have premium members.

With the exception of the thing they bought to record old games, the above quote is bullshit. They randomly thought of new video feature ideas while at the same time trying to come up with ways to justify the asking price for premium memberships, so they did all those new ideas and made them premium content.

If the entire premium thing wouldn't have existed at all, they would have still thought of those ideas and they would have still happened.

Without any premium money, Jeff probably still had the means to do Jar Time because it takes a webcam to do it. Breaking Brad could have happened before becaue Ryan's Inferno was before premium memberships and it's the same idea, and Random PC game is -basically- a Quick Look. 

Those features exist so you would give them money, not because you gave them money.

Again, all this is with the exception of their thingamabob for recording old games. That thing seemed expensive as shit.
#143 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@Brendan said:

@sofacitysweetheart said:

Tell me when you're bringing back the honesty thing, and I'll gladly support it.

Or you can just lure people in by splitting content and features. That's obviously cool too.

I'm not against you or anything, but help me connect the dots here. You are regularly visiting a website largely based on the backs of the staff members that run it. You do not trust these staff members and believe that they lack integrity, judging from your assessment of the situation (and by earlier posts you've made). Giantbomb does not have the most comprehensive coverage on anything video game related, and without the attraction of the staff members is one of the less attractive sites out there for video game coverage. Why are you here? I'm not saying you shouldn't be, but why are you here? I've almost never seen you make a post that wasn't critical of the site. That perfectly fine, but why are you here then? I'm clearly missing something.

Somebody has to keep an eye on this shit! He'll save us all, someday.

Anyway, $35 isn't bad. Next time do $20 and I'll probably even bite.

#144 Posted by Souprice (8 posts) -

I've been lurking this site for probably a couple months now, but I've been too lazy to make an account. I'm proud to say I'm now an official member, and a premium one at that. Keep making the great content GB.

#145 Posted by Jost1 (2078 posts) -

COME SIT ON SANTA'S LAP

#146 Posted by RNiemeijer (132 posts) -

I would totally buy a membership if i had a creditcard.

#147 Posted by mewarmo990 (837 posts) -

Totally was not expecting the audio before and after purchase, ha!

Glad this came when my sub was expiring soon

#148 Posted by DeeGee (2144 posts) -

@VisceralBishop24 said:

Welcome to the world. Things go on sale after you buy them. Things go on sale before you buy them. Things generally go on sale.

#149 Posted by fetchfox (1334 posts) -

Already a goldy, but anyone ells, get on that! The page comes with some great audio work as well.

#150 Posted by CassyFU (16 posts) -

Wow this works great for me, few weeks till expiration, thx for early present GiantBomb!!