Posted by Jeff (3655 posts) -
That's "deal" as in "savings" not "deal" as in "deal with it." That said... deal with it.

Hey, premium memberships for Giant Bomb and the Whiskey Media family of web-based Internet properties are now on sale. We have a limited number of them to offer for the XXXTREMELY low price of $35. I'm hoping that by using three X's in that above bit you'll equate this post with sex. They keep telling me that sex sells.

Cruise on over to http://www.giantbomb.com/sale to get a crack at one these astounding deals. This is a code that we email to you, making it totally perfect for a last-minute gift for others or, if you're the selfish type, you can use it yourself to either create a new membership or push the expiration date of an existing membership back a full 12 months.

As we say in this business, act now. Supplies are limited!

#1 Posted by Jeff (3655 posts) -
That's "deal" as in "savings" not "deal" as in "deal with it." That said... deal with it.

Hey, premium memberships for Giant Bomb and the Whiskey Media family of web-based Internet properties are now on sale. We have a limited number of them to offer for the XXXTREMELY low price of $35. I'm hoping that by using three X's in that above bit you'll equate this post with sex. They keep telling me that sex sells.

Cruise on over to http://www.giantbomb.com/sale to get a crack at one these astounding deals. This is a code that we email to you, making it totally perfect for a last-minute gift for others or, if you're the selfish type, you can use it yourself to either create a new membership or push the expiration date of an existing membership back a full 12 months.

As we say in this business, act now. Supplies are limited!

#2 Edited by Moncole (636 posts) -

I wish I can buy it

But I have no money

#3 Edited by Duffyside (898 posts) -

Sex does sell, Mr. Gerstmann. Topless Jar Time or bust. Bust.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12465 posts) -

everyone please go premium. the video content is amazing.

#5 Posted by oct_ONES (65 posts) -

Nice, worth it to anyone still considering.

#6 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

I suggest everyone click on the link, even if they are already a premium member.

#7 Posted by JeanLuc (3604 posts) -

Roberta Williams endorses premium memberships?

#8 Posted by Mikemcn (7009 posts) -

But I already have one and Gabe Newell took all my money from steam.

#9 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (678 posts) -

@Moncole said:

I wish I can buy it

But I have no money

Same here.

#10 Posted by Nightriff (5249 posts) -

Totally worth $50 and I only paid 35 a month ago when they did this, probably the best purchase I've made in a year or 2

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (15106 posts) -

I find it pretty amusing that

"Dig Deeper into Roberta Williams"

appears on the side of the screen.

#12 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I will be taking advantage of this deal once I drop some dolla in da bank.

#13 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

The supplies limited thing is a joke...right? I think it is, but I'm very uncertain.

#14 Edited by confideration (438 posts) -

Purchased for a friend of mine. Happy Holidays, duders!

Also why is this filed under... that

#15 Posted by DJ_EuroGhost (131 posts) -

I already renewed my subscription with the $35 thanksgiving sale/deal, but part of me wants to put down $3500 on a hundred year subscription, so I can pass something meaningful on to my potential offspring, make my account a family heirloom or something.

Also, every non subscriber, go get one, cause it's totally an awesome deal. Random PC game is the best.

#16 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Tell me when you're bringing back the honesty thing, and I'll gladly support it.

Or you can just lure people in by splitting content and features. That's obviously cool too.

#17 Posted by jd18b (43 posts) -

I literally just paid the 50 buck for a membership an hour ago.....

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Did I miss something? Why does Roberta Williams love the Vita so much? Is she an Uncharted girl?

#19 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

The supplies limited thing is a joke...right? I think it is, but I'm very uncertain.

Looks like they limited it to 2000, assuming the countdown thing is real.

#20 Posted by lokilaufey (294 posts) -

Sweeeet, I think I'll buy in and then sit on the discount code til I can afford to use it on a shirt. I need a new shirt. Whee~!

#21 Posted by ThePilgrums (431 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

They could only print 2000 memberships on their internet printing press! Ones and zeros are expensive materials, man.

(Of course it's a joke.)

#22 Posted by pyromagnestir (4337 posts) -

I was just now looking at renewing my membership, however I think I'll pay the extra 15 bucks and get a shirt. It's a pretty nice shirt I got last time. I'm wearing it now.

#23 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@ThePilgrums said:

@nintendoeats said:

They could only print 2000 memberships on their internet printing press! Ones and zeros are expensive materials, man.

(Of course it's a joke.)

Just because it's not a physical thing doesn't mean it is a joke. They probably really did put a 2000 limit.

#24 Posted by HadesTimes (826 posts) -

Thank you guys at Whiskey Media big time! Love you folks!

#25 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

uhhhhh! Am I gonna still want Giantbomb videos for a whole year? I just don't know if I'm ready to commit... but supplies are limited. This is a real Sophie's Choice!!!

#26 Posted by AlisterCat (5709 posts) -

@lokilaufey said:

Sweeeet, I think I'll buy in and then sit on the discount code til I can afford to use it on a shirt. I need a new shirt. Whee~!

Very clearly says no coupon.

#27 Posted by Draxyle (1888 posts) -

@Rmack said:

I suggest everyone click on the link, even if they are already a premium member.

You were not wrong sir. You were definitely not wrong.

#28 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1044 posts) -

I lost my shit whenever Jeff said anything. That was a lot of fun

#29 Posted by Branthog (5595 posts) -

I just gave one away to a random GBer yesterday. Would have been nice if you had this discount then.

#30 Posted by VincentLonga (66 posts) -

Does this include a Whiskey Media store credit?

#31 Edited by emem (1972 posts) -

I kinda wish that the premium member videos would be free for all... pretty much all of that content is SO good (it really is) that everyone should be able to see it. 

But because it is not free, you should get the premium membership. ;)

#32 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

@Rmack said:

Thank you, sir.

#33 Posted by JJGIANT (755 posts) -

That sale page is genius, genius I say!

#34 Posted by MelissaPeterson (23 posts) -

I would love to be a premium member, but I can't since I don't have any money. :-(

#35 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Is my medal gold instead of silver now?

edit: Bucket list complete.

#36 Posted by IAmNotBatman (658 posts) -

Been thinking about signing up for a while and this just tipped me over the edge. Thanks Jeff and Co. for this STEAL and looking forward to more awesomeness in the year to come... now to watch those subscriber only videos I missed out on...

#37 Posted by chibacityblues (52 posts) -

Thanks for the cheers. Well worth the 26.83€ =)

#38 Posted by Legend (2660 posts) -

Nice.

#39 Posted by McNaastyy (114 posts) -

Booyah

#40 Posted by Cobbles (16 posts) -

Wow, I actually came here this morning to buy a Premium Membership for myself with some Christmas money I got from relatives, and the first news story is that you're having a sale. I love you guys.

#41 Edited by lokilaufey (294 posts) -

@AlisterCat Guess I misread the email I got for it. No big! I'm not buying it for that anyway, I'm buyin for a good deal on something I wanted anyway.

(I actually already own a Tested cube-dude t-shirt that I happily paid full price for and wear as much as is hygienically possible.)

Edit: Actually I double checked the purchase e-mail and it says the user who redeems it will be get the coupon (since it's a canned email), so that's what tripped me up even though the page itself says you won't. Again, not like I care it doesn't have one since massive discount > coupon.

#42 Posted by Andorski (5352 posts) -

Sound effects were worth the purchase alone. Also, subscribing made me realize that I somehow have a Tested account. I'm almost 90% sure I never signed up for that site. Not that I mind having an account there - although its bugging me that my username does not start off with a capitalized "A" like it does on Giant Bomb.

#43 Posted by Max_Hydrogen (818 posts) -

Already got it!

#44 Posted by lokilaufey (294 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse

@ThePilgrums said:

@nintendoeats said:

(Of course it's a joke.)

Just because it's not a physical thing doesn't mean it is a joke. They probably really did put a 2000 limit.

There is a counter on the page counting down from 2000. I'd be surprised if it were a joke based on that.
#45 Edited by Skald (4369 posts) -

Fantastic. I bought two.

(Wow, I passed 4000 posts a while ago.)

#46 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

Filed under Roberta Williams...

Of course it is.

#47 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Cobbles said:

Wow, I actually came here this morning to buy a Premium Membership for myself with some Christmas money I got from relatives, and the first news story is that you're having a sale. I love you guys.

You made me cry. Ok, not really. A little bit?
#48 Posted by brocool (701 posts) -

This Giantbomb thing better still be around in 2013.

#49 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Filed under Roberta Williams...

Of course it is.

I think that means that everyone who becomes subscribers with this has to go and watch the Phantasmagoria video from start to finish. No exceptions. No excuses.

#50 Posted by baconbringer (38 posts) -

Hooray! I'm now good through March 16, 2013.