#1 Posted by DavidSnakes (675 posts) -

I think they're fine, personally.  So long as the ads don't expand or make obnoxious noises when I scroll over them, GB can put up as many ads as they want.

#2 Posted by Dalai (7069 posts) -

I was hoping for some gigantic pop-ups for Barbie Horse Adventures: Summer Camp, but to each his own.

#3 Posted by Dimsey (964 posts) -

Perhaps I just don't poke around as much as I ought but I actually haven't seen any yet, so I'm good!

#4 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

They're well done. I've only seen like 3 ads, all Gears 2. I approve.

#5 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Seeing as i've seen 2 in the past 24 hours and both were quite subtle, i'm fine with them. In fact, they were so good, i'm almost swayed even more than I was to buy Gears of War 2.

#6 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -
don't really care...
#7 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

I don't have a problem with them, I like where they are placed.

#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

They are perfect as far as I'm concerned. :D

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21755 posts) -

I haven't seen any ads, but when it comes down to it, does it matter what we think?  lol  We aren't payin' for em, and we aren't collecting the money.  

#10 Posted by DoctorTran (1573 posts) -

I have AdBlocker Plus on FireFox so... I haven't seen an ad in ages.

#11 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I have yet to even notice any of them.

#12 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

What ads?

#13 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

They're good in their places.  I didn't even notice them until I saw the blog post about it; that's how subtle they are.  I don't mind the ads they've been showing so far.

#14 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I like 'em. At least they act as confirmation that the staff isn't being funded by the mafia. :O

#15 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Who do you think funds Young Clifford's wacky escapades? So in way they're currently being indirectly funded by the Mafia. 

#16 Posted by jangofett88 (324 posts) -

I only caught a Gears 2 ad at the top of the forums yesterday but now it's gone. The final pieces of the Giant Bomb business are in place.

#17 Posted by Kazona (3094 posts) -

Don't have any problem with them. I wouldn't even complain if ads showed up a little more on the site. So long as they don't overdo it.

#18 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I think I'd prefer them under the main page image, not above them. But yeah they're not too bad.

#19 Posted by Xymox (2115 posts) -

What ads? Only one I've seen is the whiskey one and that's been aruond for ages... Don't have an adblocker so dunno. 

#20 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Xymox said:
"What ads? Only one I've seen is the whiskey one and that's been aruond for ages... Don't have an adblocker so dunno. "
The ads are random, but if you visit different pages on the site, you'll probably see one. As Jeff says: "You'll see any given ad on the site no more than a few times a day--and then it simply won't appear for the rest of that day."
#21 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

I'm fine with the ads for the most part. The only one I disliked (and ad-block'ed) was a Gears one that appeared right over the main image for a game and made the page rather misaligned and unprofessional looking. I'm going to have to keep on blocking those, as I find them to be terribly placed. Forum or main paage ads are fine, but on the very top of a wiki page itself? That's just... ew.

#22 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

so far they are tastefull and not too bothersome...

a lot better than the crazy whoring you see on "other sites"

#23 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Gotta pay the bills. 

#24 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I hope they are able to get more ads, the guys need money. And if anyone can maintain integrity while having promotional ads on the website, it's the GB crew.

#25 Posted by lord_canti (1522 posts) -

i dont like the  ones on the   wikipages that push down the information on that side -------> if they could be moved to below the info i wouldn't mind in the slightest about the ads

#26 Posted by Arsenal86 (123 posts) -

Yer ads are good as i have only seen 3 and there all well place. but i don't care where they are as long you guys keep the site running

#27 Edited by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

they should add more ads since
More ads =more money = better website

#28 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Meh... So far they're fine with me.

#29 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

they are fine, atleast they dont skin the site like gamespot used to.

#30 Edited by Tearhead (2214 posts) -

On a whole, they're fine; not intrusive, and they're pretty out of the way.  The only thing I kind of feel a little off about is the positioning of the ads on the game pages.  I kinda don't like how it pushes the game photo down, it makes the whole page less appealing... I dunno, it just feels off.  Other than that though, I'm ok with the ads.

EDIT: I took a second look; to me it would look better between the game pic and the general info.

#31 Posted by MattyFTM (14431 posts) -
xplodedd said:
"they are fine, atleast they dont skin the site like gamespot used to."
They're not skinning the site yet, but they will be in the future.
#32 Posted by StarFoxA (5163 posts) -

I have Adblock.

#33 Posted by sionweeks (656 posts) -

Every site has to make their own money, so they're great.  I don't mind how big the ads are, as they never really bother me.  Use skins for big releases too, the more money GB make the better.

#34 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I'd love to see some ads for Kane & Lynch: Deadmen.

#35 Edited by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"I'd love to see some ads for Kane & Lynch: Deadmen."
Oh! It took me a few minutes but I see what you did there. Very clever.

I hope they run a Zelda: TP ad with a big 8.8/10 from Gamespot plastered on it.
#36 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"BiggerBomb said:
Oh! It took me a few minutes but I see what you did there. Very clever."

Some skins would be nice, on every page too. And every time you change pages a mini-trailer should pop up with a "click here to continue to GiantBomb." That would be fantastic. I'm serious Jeff, send me a PM. I know a guy who's cousin Vitto really knows his way around. iffyanowutimean
#37 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
0_0 "I see what you did there."
#38 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"BiggerBomb said:
0_0 "I see what you did there.""
Pffft! You just looked at my post and copied what I said to try and look smart.
#39 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I don't have a problem with what the ads will be (from looking at the media kit), but there isn't much of that happening right now.

#40 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

They actually aren't too bad.