• 80 results
FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

I've seen plenty of "easiest" and "proudest" games that have been or can be S-ranked. 
But what about the hardest? 
We all know about games whose servers are shut down and no longer can get multiplayer achievements and such, but I'm more interested in games that have achievements are just to damn hard.  

My vote goes to Ninja Gaiden 2

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Dragon Age: Origins because of all the DLC that keeps getting released =P. Plus it's impossible for me too through some glitch that won't unlock some trophies. Freakin' annoying how I have the ''Kill 500'' darkspawn trophy but not the ''Kill 250 darkspawn'' trophy -_-'

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By adoggz

i imagine that there are some games with multiplayer achievements that no one ever plays anymore.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Lies

GRAW has an achievement for being #1 on the world leaderboards

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Vod_Crack

Smash TV, no brainer I think.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Karl_Boss

Ghost Recon is easily the hardest.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator
@Lies said:
" GRAW has an achievement for being #1 on the world leaderboards "
Please be kidding 
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JP_Russell

Trials 2 without a doubt.  I would contend that the Top Score, Top Dog, Inferno, and Superhuman achievements in that all take far more skill and effort than getting to first place in the leaderboard of any shooter in existence, as much of an accomplishment as that may be.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By xMP44x
@FinalDasa said:
Please be kidding  "
Nope, it's for real. It's called Global Leader or something, and it is worth 40G. Meaning it is an impossible game to get the full 1000 from anymore. Furthermore:

• Race Driver: Grid: The achievement for driving all the cars was glitched on launch, so Codemasters fixed it. Then they released the 8 Ball Car Pack, which broke it again. So they decided not to bother fixing it.
  • PGR3: One of the achievements is for winning an Online Tournament or something, which is impossible seeing as Bizarre Creations do not host tournaments with this game anymore.
  • Just Cause: The achievement for basejumping 1000 feet is broken, meaning the max possible Gamerscore from this game is 995, from what I know.
DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By DevWil

i know this isn't what OP really meant, but i think Skate 3 has an achievement that is still impossible to get as of now.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By toowalrus

The obvious is Smash TV, isn't it? One, it's fucking impossible, and Two, it's not even available to purchase anymore.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mighty
@Lies said:
"GRAW has an achievement for being #1 on the world leaderboards "

Stole the words out of my mouth.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@Lies said:
Is that even legal!?
LordDaneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordDaneil
@xMP44x said:

" @FinalDasa said:

Please be kidding  "
Nope, it's for real. It's called Global Leader or something, and it is worth 40G. Meaning it is an impossible game to get the full 1000 from anymore. Furthermore:

• Race Driver: Grid: The achievement for driving all the cars was glitched on launch, so Codemasters fixed it. Then they released the 8 Ball Car Pack, which broke it again. So they decided not to bother fixing it.
  • PGR3: One of the achievements is for winning an Online Tournament or something, which is impossible seeing as Bizarre Creations do not host tournaments with this game anymore.
  • Just Cause: The achievement for basejumping 1000 feet is broken, meaning the max possible Gamerscore from this game is 995, from what I know.
"
It is possible to get the full 1000 in Just Cause. I say that because I have it...
My vote for the Hardest game to S rank is Lost Planet 2. Some of the achivments are ridiculous.
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna go with that NBA Live or NBA 2k game that you get an achievement for playing online while a set number of other people are playing online as well.  

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Linkin10362
@odintal said:
"I'm gonna go with that NBA Live or NBA 2k game that you get an achievement for playing online while a set number of other people are playing online as well.   "

This, considering that the servers are down and even when they weren't, there was no way 1000 people would be on at the same time. 

And it was NBA Live 2007 btw.
tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By tranquilchaos
@xMP44x said:

"
I have that fucking achievement....
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Akeldama

FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FalconCritical

Torchlight seems daunting for achievements, for example there are seperate achievements for completing the game on easy, medium, hard, insane... then there's a seperate toggle for hardcore mode (where one death = game over cant reload) and acheivements completing the game on easy hardcore, medium hardcore, hard hardcore, insane hardcore.  And no you can't just do the hardest one to unlock all below. You literally need to complete the game at least eight times and its not short.

There are also achievements for modding it however, so perhaps when I look into the mods there's one that drops you at the end of the game so you can unlock those easily, I don't know.  Just looking at them is depressing though.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LiquidSwords

Shumps. There's always a beat the while game with one credit achievement.

Mechwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mechwing

Now, if we can add Ps3/PSN games, then i HAVE to add Trash panic. those achievements are no joke.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By vidiot

I've heard Blue Dragon is ridiculous. Portals achievements, specifically Apature Science is pretty ludicrous.  
My S-Rank in Marathon 2 was probably the hardest, but I didn't really care because I love that game.

Usually "hard games" have some stupid ill-thought out multiplayer achievement that no one seems to be able to accomplish.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By DanielJW
@Mechwing said:
" Now, if we can add Ps3/PSN games, then i HAVE to add Trash panic. those achievements are no joke. "
Agreed.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#24  Edited By Hailinel
@Lies said:
I think the first 360 Tiger Woods game had a similar achievement.  Yeah, good luck getting that one.  I'm pretty sure the online in that iteration isn't even supported anymore.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shirogane

star ocean last hope has some pretty crazy insane stuff, unless you follow guides or something. Even then, it's pretty bad.
LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By LackLuster

I'm having a tough time with trials HD just with the Ultimate Endurance one

dulmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dulmonkey

Bad Company 1 - Get all online awards
some awards are ridiculous and lame, some are straight hard and one or too are just plain hard

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By BunkerBuster

I'm sure everyone is aware or the nightmare that is Final Fantasy 11. Each of the achievements is for getting your character to level 80 - or whatever the cap is, and getting some high level skills. Then you have the Expansion achievements for defeating high level bosses and another couple characters to grind. 
Getting the full 1000+ mean thousands of hours of play time and for a game that was abandoned a couple years after it was released.

The hardest that I have ever seen has to be Ridge Racer 6 and  Trash Panic, which is bullshit! 

Edit: Nevermind, the hardest game to thousand is Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. One because that game is boring as hell and takes 60 hours to beat with one character. Two, because you have to beat it with all the characters doing quests that are never mentioned in the actual game.  Three because the rest are grind fests. Finally the last few are to beat some of the most annoying bosses ever made. This game was made by people who HATE gamers.

thatguyabass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thatguyabass

Chromehounds. They closes the servers and 99% of them are online
Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lawrens

Final Fantasy XI

This
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By JJOR64

Guitar Hero III is one hard mother fucker to S rank.

FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FalconCritical

Thing is though, with MMOs you're sorta expected to spend thousands of hours playing them if you're going to see most of what the game offers, I spent something like 5000 hours in Lineage 2 and I never even got close to the max level.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By ToxicAntidote
@xMP44x said:
" @FinalDasa said:
Please be kidding  "

"
I got that one. Took some time searching for the right spot to jump from, but it sure works.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Claude
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Tiwi

I'm just going to link this and walk away.

Edit: You know what? I'm changing it: here take a look at that.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@FalconCritical said:
" Torchlight seems daunting for achievements, for example there are seperate achievements for completing the game on easy, medium, hard, insane... then there's a seperate toggle for hardcore mode (where one death = game over cant reload) and acheivements completing the game on easy hardcore, medium hardcore, hard hardcore, insane hardcore.  And no you can't just do the hardest one to unlock all below. You literally need to complete the game at least eight times and its not short.  There are also achievements for modding it however, so perhaps when I look into the mods there's one that drops you at the end of the game so you can unlock those easily, I don't know.  Just looking at them is depressing though. "
Unfortunately yes, these achievements can be gotten very easily by modding the game, and I'd be willing to bet the majority of people that have them all have done so.
BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BunkerBuster
@Claude: Really? That game should have only taken 6-8 hours. You might be right at the end and since all the points are story related you get all of them just by playing to the end.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Claude
@BunkerBuster said:
" @Claude: Really? That game should have only taken 6-8 hours. You might be right at the end and since all the points are story related you get all of them just by playing to the end. "
My Xbox 360 broke, plus I find it boring as hell. I just want to get one "S" Rank and this is the game I have decided upon. I don't play my Xbox 360 that much, most games I like are on the Wii which gets the most play.
BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BunkerBuster
@Claude: Oh yea...that game is boring as shit. I remember having movies playing while I played it. There are always easier games to get thousands though, why would you choose Kong.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Claude
@BunkerBuster said:
" @Claude: Oh yea...that game is boring as shit. I remember having movies playing while I played it. There are always easier games to get thousands though, why would you choose Kong. "
Because, it's the only game I have for the Xbox 360 that seems easy.
BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BunkerBuster
@Claude said:

" @BunkerBuster said:

" @Claude: Oh yea...that game is boring as shit. I remember having movies playing while I played it. There are always easier games to get thousands though, why would you choose Kong. "
Because, it's the only game I have for the Xbox 360 that seems easy. "
 Yea, that sounds about right. Careful though...if you're anything like me and most achievement whores, once you get one S-rank you need all of them.
Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definately Star Ocean: Last Hope. Last I heard there was only one person in the entire world with a full 1000 points. Also FFXI is pretty ridiculous.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Claude
@BunkerBuster said:
" @Claude said:

" @BunkerBuster said:

Because, it's the only game I have for the Xbox 360 that seems easy. "
 Yea, that sounds about right. Careful though...if you're anything like me and most achievement whores, once you get one S-rank you need all of them. "
In the end, call me a skank, but not a whore. Look at my Giant Bomb level, low as they come without trying.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fallen189

The correct answer is Final Fantasy 11 on the 360, in which you have to get every character to a very high level.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Karl_Boss
@xMP44x said:
" @FinalDasa said:
Please be kidding  "

"
I got the achievement in Just Cause with little trouble.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Karl_Boss
@Fallen189 said:
" The correct answer is Final Fantasy 11 on the 360, in which you have to get every character to a very high level. "
I wouldn't say its hard just extremely time consuming.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#48  Edited By KowalskiManDown
Avatar image for 345t3rfgsdfwsdf
34wsdfsdfwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By 34wsdfsdfwe
Vampire Rain.

Just playing the game itself is fucking torture, and S-ranking all of the missions is, unfortunately, not a joke. I hate this game with all of my being, and hope the developers rot in hell.

Pheew, so yeah, Vampire Rain...
krisgebis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By krisgebis

Rayman raving rabbits definitly has to be a contender.
GREATEST RAYMAN EVER - You have to do every minigame flawlessly :-|