Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I usually identify people by either seeing them in the Street Fighter forums, or their username more than their picture.
I do love the old icon though.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Seedofpower
@Aishan said:
" I just can't be arsed to change it. "
The irony of when you said this made me laugh. 
Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Lashe
@CitizenKane: Haha, I do try -- will have to try harder, eh? It does bewilder me how quick some people's post count ascends. 
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By Jensonb

It's all part of the cover up.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#55  Edited By citizenkane
@Lashe: I haven't posted as much as I would like to, either.  I am gaining steam, though.  :)
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Kiemoe

When I first joined I had the paper mario icon, without knowing that every nintendo fanboy had that by default (I thought I was so original.) But now most of my accounts anywhere have my super mario parody thing

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By shadows_kill
@dcpc10 said:
" Giantbomb is like a friendly neighborhood you lived in for years, I recognize everyone here it seems. It just feels weird though to see most of the launch users gone. People like Sentry and SolidSnakeXx all seem to post on neogafs now. :( "
everyone leaves sooner or later most of the time except a handful like us.

i miss me and nerdboy777's epic quote chains :(
EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By EdIsCool

Look Ma! No Arms!
Look Ma! No Arms!
No I dont know why Vinny has no arms
rokkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By rokkis

I would prefer it if there were no icons, or tiny ones. Like the Gawker sites (Kotaku, Lifehacker, etc). 
If I read comments, I'm interested in the comments people have about a post. I'm not interested in their achievement status, their postcount or their awful avatars.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#60  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@dcpc10 said:
" @shadows_kill said:
" @dcpc10 said:
" Giantbomb is like a friendly neighborhood you lived in for years, I recognize everyone here it seems. It just feels weird though to see most of the launch users gone. People like Sentry and SolidSnakeXx all seem to post on neogafs now. :( "
everyone leaves sooner or later most of the time except a handful like us.    i miss me and nerdboy777's epic quote chains :( "
Oh ya, I gotta dig up that thread again sometime. ;)  Oh and btw guys, don't forget ''controversial'' users like ItalyCanadian9 and Levio xD "
Oh Levio. How we miss him so. He had an avatar that just signaled "This post is filled with bad grammar, stupidity, and Mount and Blade"
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@rokkis said:
"I would prefer it if there were no icons, or tiny ones. Like the Gawker sites (Kotaku, Lifehacker, etc).  If I read comments, I'm interested in the comments people have about a post. I'm not interested in their achievement status, their postcount or their awful avatars. "

So ignore them.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#62  Edited By AgentJ

It kind of scares me to be frank, as I worry that as time goes on, the site will gain more and more people from the "other" gaming forums. that would be unacceptable

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By EdIsCool

.@AgentJ said:

" It kind of scares me to be frank, as I worry that as time goes on, the site will gain more and more people from the "other" gaming forums. that would be unacceptable "

ahh yes those "other" people. They have herpes.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#64  Edited By AgentJ
@EdIsCool said:
" .@AgentJ said:

" It kind of scares me to be frank, as I worry that as time goes on, the site will gain more and more people from the "other" gaming forums. that would be unacceptable "

ahh yes those "other" people. They have herpes. "
EXACTLY! This guy understands me.
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#65  Edited By Griddler
@JJWeatherman said:
" @FunExplosions: It's actually worse than you think because every one of those Mario, Master Chief and I believe Snake icons that are so abundant are the generic icons for choosing either Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony when you set up your profile. "
That's not why I choose mine. I choose it because, A. It made me laugh, B. I haven't seen anyone else with it, C. Metal Gear Solid is awesome. :D
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#66  Edited By JJWeatherman
@girdz said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @FunExplosions: It's actually worse than you think because every one of those Mario, Master Chief and I believe Snake icons that are so abundant are the generic icons for choosing either Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony when you set up your profile. "
That's not why I choose mine. I choose it because, A. It made me laugh, B. I haven't seen anyone else with it, C. Metal Gear Solid is awesome. :D "
I wasn't talking about yours, that icon is awesome. There is another generic snake icon that is the default if you choose Sony alignment in your profile settings.
FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FalconCritical

Signed up yesterday, already have a custom avatar.  Its not that hard to do and I prefer to have that personal touch.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By iam3green

don't worry about it. it means that the site is getting more people here. it's a good thing for that to happen. i changed my avatar once i found a image that could fit and i'm lazy on changing it. the community is getting bigger because i'm starting to see some ads on the site. it's a good and bad thing.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrKlorox

Better red bomb icons than wolf3d, snake or master chief. Fanboys for the loss.

The only reason I even use an avatar is because I happened to upload an image for an object page a while back and figured 'why not?'

But now after having uploaded an ICP'd up Tony Shalhoub, I think I'll switch to it instead.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, no it won't.
CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CactusWolf

It's weird, I tend to just skip over posts with original/generic avatars without even noticing. 

Guess I just prefer something recognizable.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By damnboyadvance
@FunExplosions said:
"Edit: This is just me being bored. Don't take this post so seriously. I don't care that much. "
YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT YOU'RE NOT SERIOUS!
mikecardii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By mikecardii

Oh man now I'm super self-conscious about my lack of an avatar. Brb remedying that situation >_>

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By asurastrike
@FunExplosions said:
" So, most people on Giant Bomb have user icons. This is awesome. I feel that when you look at a post and see 300 comments, all having their own unique icon, you get the sense that this is a really dedicated and alive community. Lately, though, I've been painfully watching the number of the original red Giant Bomb icons rise. If I go through the first page of a post and see 4 or more "red" icons, it seems to me that Giant Bomb is being drained of its uniqueness with each misspelled comment. I donno, anyone else? What do you think?

Edit: This is just me being bored. Don't take this post so seriously. I don't care that much. "
I just assume they are all the same person.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#75  Edited By Black_Rose

I think it's a good sign, cause our community is getting bigger and bigger.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#76  Edited By RHCPfan24
@MattyFTM said:
" If they become active members they will change it soon enough. There are quite a few active members who used to use the standard GB avatar when they were new members, but soon enough they changed it to something more unique and original. "
I must say, Matty, you look rather menacing with that sleek red bar underneath your avatar. Weirder yet, your avatar is so cute and cuddly. I can't decide how to feel.

And I must say that I do prefer every user to have their own icon but, for the most part, they just don't know how to change it yet. But to those who have yet to change after some time...DO IT!!
ZettaSlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ZettaSlow
@RHCPfan24 said:
" @MattyFTM said:
" If they become active members they will change it soon enough. There are quite a few active members who used to use the standard GB avatar when they were new members, but soon enough they changed it to something more unique and original. "
I must say, Matty, you look rather menacing with that sleek red bar underneath your avatar. Weirder yet, your avatar is so cute and cuddly. I can't decide how to feel.
Well, if he hadn't have cropped out the hookers and alcohol in the original picture then it would be a different story. That other hand is holding a bottle of Jack Daniels.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By FunExplosions
@JJWeatherman: Wow. I really didn't know about the generic icons that fanboys got. I'm actually going to be a little more relieved every time I see a red icon. Being completely serious, though, I was just thinking a couple days ago that every "Master Chief with blue background" poster almost always had nothing intelligent to say. That's pretty funny.
Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Druminator

The way I see it, if they have a default icon and are actually making an attempt to post on the forums then they can't be all that bad.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#80  Edited By Griddler
@JJWeatherman said:
" @girdz said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
That's not why I choose mine. I choose it because, A. It made me laugh, B. I haven't seen anyone else with it, C. Metal Gear Solid is awesome. :D "
I wasn't talking about yours, that icon is awesome. There is another generic snake icon that is the default if you choose Sony alignment in your profile settings. "
Oh right yeah. These ones :P
junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By junkie

the irony is you want everyone to be the same!

KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#82  Edited By KingOfIceland
@junkie said:
" the irony is you want everyone to be the same! " 

[Sm0k3d4wg420]Man, if you really thing about it, bro, were all exactly the same, unless we free our minds from the "man" and embrace the teachings of the Jah[/revelatory post]
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Karl_Boss

I haven't noticed that many people with the original icon....most people have there own.