Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac

That was SEVERE.

I wish I was a moderator, handing people their shit like that.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ArchScabby

lol, I'm still buying too human though.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AaronBelfast

WOW.

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Schizoid

Youch, that was harsh! It's hasn't been the best couple of weeks for Denis, that's for sure.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By brukaoru
"I won’t be tolerating a second retconned “social experiment,” a second call for NeoGAF’s closing, or a second “worst forum” insult. You decided to ignore the option for real terms for your pointless tag bet, so with the majority of reviews condemning your magnum opus to mediocrity I’ll claim a suitable prize by telling you to get the hell off NeoGAF."

Well since the moderator clearly states that Denis called it the worst forum, among other flamebait comments, I can't say Denis didn't deserve it. He was just asking to be banned.
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By godzilla_sushi
brukaoru said:
""I won’t be tolerating a second retconned “social experiment,” a second call for NeoGAF’s closing, or a second “worst forum” insult. You decided to ignore the option for real terms for your pointless tag bet, so with the majority of reviews condemning your magnum opus to mediocrity I’ll claim a suitable prize by telling you to get the hell off NeoGAF."

Well since the moderator clearly states that Denis called it the worst forum, among other flamebait comments, I can't say Denis didn't deserve it. He was just asking to be banned."

Well, maybe they should ban the contrarians for being just as negative?

That was his whole point, that the forum as a whole is like the wild west if it was run by the village idiot who thought the world was flat or something....it has nothing to do with his comments, everyone has opinions....

That's exactly why that site has such a bad reputation. They ban the guy based on the opinions of enthusiast critics...the mod decides those are worthy terms?

Guilty until proven innocent I guess, eh?
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By DualReaver
Godzilla_Sushi said:
"brukaoru said:
""I won’t be tolerating a second retconned “social experiment,” a second call for NeoGAF’s closing, or a second “worst forum” insult. You decided to ignore the option for real terms for your pointless tag bet, so with the majority of reviews condemning your magnum opus to mediocrity I’ll claim a suitable prize by telling you to get the hell off NeoGAF."

Well since the moderator clearly states that Denis called it the worst forum, among other flamebait comments, I can't say Denis didn't deserve it. He was just asking to be banned."

That was his whole point, that the forum as a whole is like the wild west if it was run by the village idiot who thought the world was flat or something....it has nothing to do with his comments, everyone has opinions....

That's exactly why that site has such a bad reputation. They ban the guy based on the opinions of enthusiast critics...the mod decides those are worthy terms?

Guilty until proven innocent I guess, eh?"
I'm pretty sure he wasn't banned for the fact his game got mediocre reviews.
You sound like you're talking out of your ass.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_
Godzilla_Sushi said:
"brukaoru said:

Not really. I'll quote myself off of TooHuman.net:

"
Look- I've got a lot more bad things to say about NeoGAF than good.

But what you all have to understand is, he continually trashed the website, insulted its members and in turn its creator. He then continued to post on it, often in the Too Human Official Thread, answering questions and doling out information; using it as another well of untapped buyers who would come to him for answers. Nobody (especially not Evilore) is going to take someone abusing their domain like that. Denis should have retired from GAF long ago.

What Lore did was entirely within his power and rights, and I think it was a good decision.

*flame on*
"
OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By OroJackson

I don't really see how this is news, sure its funny but come on who didn't see this coming?

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By godzilla_sushi
DualReaver said:
"Godzilla_Sushi said:
"brukaoru said:

You sound like you're talking out of your ass."

Did you even read any of that?

I bolded it for you. Thanks for being such a nice guy.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DualReaver
Godzilla_Sushi said:
"DualReaver said:
"Godzilla_Sushi said:
"brukaoru said:

You sound like you're talking out of your ass."

Did you even read any of that?

I bolded it for you. Thanks for being such a nice guy."
Thanks for not knowing the whole story you idiot, the mod was well within his rights of banning him for being an asshole.
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By godzilla_sushi
Jayge said:
"Godzilla_Sushi said:
"brukaoru said:

Not really. I'll quote myself off of TooHuman.net:

"
Look- I've got a lot more bad things to say about NeoGAF than good.

But what you all have to understand is, he continually trashed the website, insulted its members and in turn its creator. He then continued to post on it, often in the Too Human Official Thread, answering questions and doling out information; using it as another well of untapped buyers who would come to him for answers. Nobody (especially not Evilore) is going to take someone abusing their domain like that. Denis should have retired from GAF long ago.

What Lore did was entirely within his power and rights, and I think it was a good decision.

*flame on*
"
"
Eh, it went both ways, wouldn't you agree?

What do I even care! Now I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle in a forum, hehe.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac

So, who's still gonna check Too Human out anyways?

*raises hand*

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jayge_

I definitely agree that the majority of NeoGAF was ridiculously unfair to Denis, but the thing to do would have been retiring from the forum. It said nothing good about his maturity level that he would keep on posting like that.

And this is coming from someone who has a lot of respect for Denis Dyack.

Arkthemaniac said:

"So, who's still gonna check Too Human out anyways?

*raises hand*"
I'm picking my copy up tomorrow.
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By godzilla_sushi

Maybe I come off defending him....I'm kind of not.

But, well, it seems like your either going to ban everyone, or ban nobody. It went both ways afterall.

The internet is so insane.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DualReaver
Godzilla_Sushi said:
"Maybe I come off defending him....I'm kind of not.

But, well, it seems like your either going to ban everyone, or ban nobody. It went both ways afterall.

The internet is so insane."
Wait you weren't defending him? I thought you were trying to make excuses for his behavior.
I was really trying to say I'm sure that any NeoGaf mods would've banned anyone who talked shit about their forums in the media, not just the fact that his game was mediocre.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By Dalai

I think a preemptive ban of Peter Molyneux is next... just in case.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By godzilla_sushi
DualReaver said:
"Godzilla_Sushi said:

Wait you weren't defending him? I thought you were trying to make excuses for his behavior.
I was really trying to say I'm sure that any NeoGaf mods would've banned anyone who talked shit about their forums in the media, not just the fact that his game was mediocre."

If you read the PM I sent you, there's part of the quote. The whole point I'm making was that they banned him for the same reason they could ban a hundred other people. Immature, sure, but everyone from that whole thing acted the same way. May as well ban em' all.

You should think about how the things you type read out online. It comes off very rude.
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Quadrifoglio
roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By roofy

anyone who trash talks one minute and then decides to go hang out where he was just trash talking deserves to be banned.
do you really think its that big of a loss for him though?

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HitNRun
roofy said:
"anyone who trash talks one minute and then decides to go hang out where he was just trash talking deserves to be banned.
do you really think its that big of a loss for him though?"
Considering that the only material benefit to him posting on NeoGAF was stirring up hype for his game, which is now released, it's probably no loss at all. In fact, it's a plus for him; the melodramatic climax to his little Derek Smart campaign. If I were in his shoes, I would have jumped on a flamewar grenade myself.

This was actually a dumb move by the NeoGAF mod, from the site's perspective. I mean, really, what is that site except a place for game fans of...uh...a "certain temperament"...to go nuts? Flaming Denis Dyack had to be a big draw, especially since it seemed like he was nearly a NeoGAF "exclusive."
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

its well known that neogaf has the worst forums (you thought system wars is bad? you havent seen anything).

But I bet the site people are pissed.  Dennis was a major draw to those forums
that being said, for the most part dyack was just getting the point out that these forums are a hate train.  That being said, the mod is in reality flaming and really, by their own rules, this is grounds for ban
"As Confucius once said, “the photoshop cat juggles a ball of yarn, and unravels it all over his face.” You are Baldur, Denis. You’re the poorly animated bald Norse technogod, the Übermensch with a thousand pointless book references misunderstood by the dirty proles who aren’t worthy enough to judge you.

Your favorite Nietzsche quote, “he who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster,” is one you’ve fallen victim to yourself, if your opinion of this site is to be taken to heart. In these pitiable confrontations with us you’ve proven to be the monster of gaming development, a sore on the industry and a squanderer of your subordinates’ time and effort. Through all this, through this self-inflicted PR nightmare, you’ve conquered vast new frontiers of unwarranted hyperbole and desperate pseudo-intellectual grasping. Buy an unaccredited doctorate, change your given name to Derek, and take up the reins; Derek Smart would eagerly defer to the greatness of Dr. Dyack.

What is an appropriate action to take in response to the man who continues to post here? I won’t be tolerating a second retconned “social experiment,” a second call for NeoGAF’s closing, or a second “worst forum” insult. You decided to ignore the option for real terms for your pointless tag bet, so with the majority of reviews condemning your magnum opus to mediocrity I’ll claim a suitable prize by telling you to get the hell off NeoGAF."

Edit: 
Anyway, why are people rating Too Human so low?  The demo felt very solid.  Giant Bomb says the story is good but the gameplay is weak.  Gamespot says the gameplay is good, the story is weak.  Ign claims the game has ps2 graphics.  etc.- wtf?   This feels like a hate train more than anything

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jayge_

IGN UK may have said that. The IGN review itself was very well written. There was a lot of opinion in it, but it told everybody a lot about the game and its pros and cons. It seems to be more of a hit or miss thing, which people predicted for months, but didn't see realized until the game came out.

Godzilla_Sushi said:

"DualReaver said:
"Godzilla_Sushi said:

I was really trying to say I'm sure that any NeoGaf mods would've banned anyone who talked shit about their forums in the media, not just the fact that his game was mediocre."

If you read the PM I sent you, there's part of the quote. The whole point I'm making was that they banned him for the same reason they could ban a hundred other people. Immature, sure, but everyone from that whole thing acted the same way. May as well ban em' all.

You should think about how the things you type read out online. It comes off very rude."

Welcome to GiantBomb- in today's tutorial, we cover DualReaver. DualReaver can sound like a dick, but he really means well and is a pretty cool guy. Don't worry too much about the DualReaver.
jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jlaudio7
DualReaver said:
"Owned."
Nothing more needs to be said.
Avatar image for luckywanderdude
LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

Awesome!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Dalai said:
"I think a preemptive ban of Peter Molyneux is next... just in case."

Wait... Peter Molyneux sounds like the nicest guy in the world.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DualReaver
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Dalai said:
"I think a preemptive ban of Peter Molyneux is next... just in case."

Wait... Peter Molyneux sounds like the nicest guy in the world."
Even if he over exaggerates and over hypes his games, he is just a fun guy to listen to. It's impossible not to like the guy.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jayge_

Peter really does seem like a really chill guy. Sure- he loves what he makes (and loves to hyperbolate) but all he wants to do is please himself and the fans.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Jayge said:
"Peter really does seem like a really chill guy. Sure- he loves what he makes (and loves to hyperbolate) but all he wants to do is please himself and the fans."

and a reason why i have a lot of respect for him isn't really the fact that he helped innovate games and push them forward, but rather, to be honest, he seems like he makes games because he wants to make them, not because he has to.  In reality he is at retirement age and he's undoubtly rich as hell.
Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Joker

Owned by NeoGAF.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jayge_

Lionhead is *loaded*. They've got some seriously expensive shit at that studio. Watch the Fable Dev Diaries. It's nuts.

Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By Anonymous

Ouch, this won't end well.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Absurd

So serious...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pause422

haha, thats great.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Warfare
Arkthemaniac said:
"So, who's still gonna check Too Human out anyways?

*raises hand*"
Well i never was and still not going to.
cann3dheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By cann3dheat

Personally, this whole even has made me not want to touch a Dyack game ever again. If someone gets all uppity about something as simple as a video game, I don't think they really have it in them to even make a decent game.

It's the same as every other art form. You'd love to take the person playing/watching/reading and tell them what you were thinking as you made it, but you can't. You may have helped make the game Dyack, but when someone else is playing it, it's now their game, not yours.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Keyser_Soze

I dislike Dyack's attitude and outspoken views, but at the same time NeoGaf is complete crap. A website that feigns to be orderly and respectful when it is full of some of the biggest loud mouths and trolls, egos and pathetic god wannabe moderators on the internet. There is huge bias in NeoGaf, rules that are made up on the spot, you can get away with murder at times and at others get banned for an innocuous comment, all at the whim of the men in charge. Dyack was right when he called it the worst place on the internet.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By turboman

NeoGaf is trash, noone should be mocked openly and then have the mockers be protected by the moderators because they're on "their" side of the opinion.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
cann3dheat said:
"Personally, this whole even has made me not want to touch a Dyack game ever again. If someone gets all uppity about something as simple as a video game, I don't think they really have it in them to even make a decent game.

It's the same as every other art form. You'd love to take the person playing/watching/reading and tell them what you were thinking as you made it, but you can't. You may have helped make the game Dyack, but when someone else is playing it, it's now their game, not yours."
err... too human is more than just a video game to dyack.  It's financial stability
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jayge_

Not exactly. The game is almost guaranteed to at least recoup their investment, and Microsoft committed to publishing the entire trilogy earlier today. Plus, there's their unannounced game for Sega (which, despite rumors, isn't canceled... for now). I don't think SK is in any dire financial straits.

Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Supreme

I always thought NeoGaf was a joke, I find no topic worth posting in. Only cool topic is the monthly gaming/non-gaming pickups. It's always cool to see what people get. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, about time. No one needs crap like that on GAF anyways.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By mike

Haha....nice.

"It's always an odd day when a forum moderator unleashes this much hate on a legitimate game developer."

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

This is especially shitty after NeoGAF recently went out of their way to create and manage a hate-free pre-release thread.  They banned several people for trolling it, and wouldn't let people talk shit about the game until after it was released, and then they could give their opinions--however negative they may be--without sounding like assholes.  Dyack himself was posting there a bit recently, and then to go and call NeoGAF the worst gaming forum, and to do that when there are forums like gametrailers and gamefaqs.  There were a bunch of supporters on the site as well, and the mods were going out of their way to see that there was a place for those supporters to be free from the hate, and then he turns around and does this.

I say fuck Dyack, and his shitty three star game.  Here's another intellectual quote that is quite fitting: "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."  If Dyack still has a job after Too Human fails, I think he'd do well to remember that.