• 68 results
I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By I_smell

I'm allways effected by the wrong bits in games. The best example would be that I first played FF7 when I was about 7, and I don't remember how I felt about Aeris dieing at all.
I DO, however, remember Dyne. Dyne is a guy you meet in the Gold Saucer prison. He used to be buds with Barret back in the day, but then bad shit went down and he lets his wife, daughter, and Barret die. Then he goes off the rails and spends the next 4 years in prison living through guilt. He eventually snaps and goes on a killing spree in the prison. It turns out Barret and his daughter didn't die, but Dyne's too far gone at this point and thinks killing them both is the only way to fix everything. Barret and Dyne fight; then he kills himself n jumps off a cliff.
That's like the most praised game on the internet and I've NEVER heard anyone mention Dyne.

Secondly is GTA 4. I'd played like a hundred hours of San Andreas at that point, and San Andreas is all about crazy-ass stunts.
After about 4 o 5 days playing GTA 4, I got a helicopter. What's the first thing you do when you get a helicopter? Take it as high as it'll go and jump out, obviously. When you do that in San Andreas, he shouts AH HATE GRAVITEEEEEEEE, it's great fun.
I did it in GTA 4, and he shouted AAaauaAAAAaaaAAAuuAAUUUUUuuUuUUuuuUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! and fell, slowly, kicking and wavin his arms around, rolling out of control, eventually rolling to face the camera where I saw the face of a genuinely terrified and helpless man; then he curled up into a ball and died.
I was like ...THAT WASN'T FUNNY. WHY DID I DO THAT :(
In the end I hated GTA IV, it turned out to be fucking stupid. The actual sad parts weren't sad at all.

And spoilers for Bioshock 2:

And that's all I can really think of.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By animateria

I thought there were no cake... but there was a cake!

Sob...

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By I_smell

Oh yeah, seein that there was a cake was a bit sad. And confusing.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

This one:

And this one: 

lovecreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By lovecreep

I will admit that most of the time i spent playing lost odessey there were tears in my eyes. Those written storys are so sad.
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheFreeMan

I REMEMBER DYNE.

I'll never forget that crazy bastard. I wasn't even playing the game-I had been watching my brothers marathon it for days and when I saw that, I was probably six or seven. It was kinda emotionally crippling at the time. Props to mentioning him.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MysteriousBob

So a gang member being able to sky dive on the spur of the moment is sensible, but a normal man being unable to do so is stupid? 

I don't even remember any "sad parts" in GTAIV. Just consistently brilliant storytelling. Every part of GTA IV was better than San Andreas.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By I_smell

Oh, no, that wasn't the stupid part. What I hate about GTA IV is pretty much Niko Bellic.
In the cutscenes he's all I'M NOT HERE TO CAUSE TROUBLE, I'M JUST AFTER THIS ONE GUY. Then whenever you shoot someone he shouts RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!! like he's a dinosaur, and DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!!! and basically he's doing awful shit to people in one cutscene, then actin like this tragic innocent nice-guy in the next. At least CJ's consistant.

The sad part was when Roman gets shot. His dieing wish was for you to stop killing everyone, but then Niko decides that the last mission is to go out and fucking kill everyone. 
That's the mission in which I died during a cutscene and had to start again :|

Actually- The part where I had to kill that suicidal prison guy at the start was a bit sad.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Chuggsy

World of Goo really made me emotional in some parts for whatever reason. Not so much sad, just emotional.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Rayfield
@I_smell said:
RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!!! "

I want a video game character who responds like this to every situation.
Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By weegieanawrench
@I_smell:  Y'know, Roman doesn't have to die, it's all based on what you decide to do, so Roman's death is actually the player's fault. But I shouldn't be saying anything I fucked up there too.
Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Okari

The end of Zack and Wiki. Made me tear up a bit.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By I_smell
I think it can be either Roman or his wife who gets shot. Either way, that's supposed to be the sad bit. That, and all the choice parts.
Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aelric

How about a whole game of nothing but brilliant sadness: Valkyrie Profile! Remember the thief that kept showing up, fucking up his life and the lives of those around him, only to die poverty-stricken, miserable and alone in a fucking gutter before you recruit his soul to fight Loki. Or the mermaid story with all the dead orphans? Or even the opening cut scene with the main character as a little girl being sold into slavery by her mother and then dying in a field of deadly flowers. You want some fucking sadness, that game have your goddamn number, Jack.

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Feser

Every single part of Legend of Zelda Twilight princess.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Yummylee
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#17  Edited By Brackynews
@TheFreeMan said:
" I REMEMBER DYNE.  Props to mentioning him. "
Ditto. That part of the game was such a piddly slog to get through with nothing cool to look at, so it's easy to forget. I feel the same way about Rico's prison/sewer section in Xenogears too. "Oh, here we go again dammit. Grit teeth and mash X."

Jeez I'd like to load up Xenogears right now... damn work.  Anyway, XG has many many sad and horrific parts.  So to pick just one, the answer has to be Hammer's death, who really deserves a wiki page since the character essentially recurs in Xenosaga.
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By conker
@I_smell:
DUDE 666 POSTS!!!
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By CL60
@EvilTwin said:
" @EVO said:
" I was pretty bummed out when my Jayden and Lauren died in Heavy Rain. "
Wow, okay.  Glad I decided to read this thread.  "
What? Was that supposed to be sarcastic? Because everybody in that game can die, and that's been known. So that is not spoilers.
Vermy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Vermy81

In Bioshock 1 I actually felt really bad about the splicers.  

I know that sounds crazy but i'd be hiding in stealth listening to them go on with their batshit ramblings and thinking about how they were fucked up with splicing and I'm sure a lot of them weren't really informed of the risks of what they were doing.  Kind of reminded me of the homeless people I meet IRL in a lot of cases.  

I know that sounds crazy but I wished I wasn't put in a kill or be killed situation.  I'd have loved a help them quest of some kind that let you undo it to some people. 

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By Astras
@I_smell:  I just couldn't wait to get past the Dyne part on FF7 playthroughs to be honest and found that part of the game utterly boring.
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Rhaknar

I thought the little girl thing you mention in the spoilers was more fucked up than sad

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By haggis

I think the most sad memorable moment in a game for me has to be in Grim Fandango when Manny reaps the flowers and finds Sal dead, after Sal has "bitten the bullet" and died. You realize he's never going to make it to the afterlife. The image of death as a vast sea of sprouting flowers is just ... amazing. And sad. It never ceases to amaze me how game intended as comedy almost always find a genuine moment of emotion. Brilliant.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dark_Jon

The ending of Shadow of the Colossus was kind of sad.

RobertCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RobertCop
@Dark_Jon said:
" The ending of Shadow of the Colossus was kind of sad. "
Oh man, I remember this now. 
Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Eidderf

The Ending of HL2 Episode 2 was pretty sad. 

I was sad to see Johnson die in Halo 3, he wasn't a particularly deep or clever character but he was enjoyable to have around in the halo games and it was a shame to see him go.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By DCFGS3

In Resistance 2 when the man on the radio is describing a man and his son get killed, that was kind of sad. I guess I find a lot of the cities sad in  games, because they're not usually populated, so you wonder where everyone went. I'm talking specifically about Duke Nukem 3D, but I'm sure there are others.

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By whyzenheimer

I typically play my first character as evil as possible, or as much as the game will let me.  Games that give you the choice are often fun to play through as a power crazed sociopath, so that's the route I follow.  Sometimes I feel a little guilty when ruining peoples lives in games like Infamous and Knights of the Old Republic, but the artificiality of the decisions eventually outweigh the outcome.

And yet...  I only killed one little sister in Bioshock.  It all seemed so fast, the first time.  I killed her before I really processed what I was doing, and then reset the game immediately, fully planning on saving them all next time.  I felt terrible for destroying this corrupted, yet innocent, thing. 

I'm not even a huge fan of Bioshock, but I will remember that moment for a long time.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By I_smell
@Vermy81 said:
" In Bioshock 1 I actually felt really bad about the splicers.    I know that sounds crazy but i'd be hiding in stealth listening to them go on with their batshit ramblings and thinking about how they were fucked up with splicing and I'm sure a lot of them weren't really informed of the risks of what they were doing.  Kind of reminded me of the homeless people I meet IRL in a lot of cases.    I know that sounds crazy but I wished I wasn't put in a kill or be killed situation.  I'd have loved a help them quest of some kind that let you undo it to some people.  "
Bioshock's a sad game from top to bottom. The part where you find a guy crucified under the word SMUGGLER for smuggling in cardboard boxes full of bibles is also bad.
Also that there are no real children left in Rapture.
Or when you find out about Atlas, how he's fighting to get to the top of this pitiful ghost town, and it turns out the one single person you thought was normal ends up being another hollow psychopath.
DaemonicGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DaemonicGrim

the little sister level genuinely had me a little choked up... first time in a very long time that a game has had that effect on me. I think before that point I thought Bioshock 2 was average, but after it was great.

Can't think of many others that hit me emotionally but I do remember getting pissed off when certain characters have died or been hurt in various other games... especially if there's an element of choice... I've often gone back to a previous save to keep someone alive.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bastilla turning to the Dark Side :'( in KOTOR
Not being able to finish half of the quests in KOTOR II :'(

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By shirogane
@Aelric said:
"How about a whole game of nothing but brilliant sadness: Valkyrie Profile! Remember the thief that kept showing up, fucking up his life and the lives of those around him, only to die poverty-stricken, miserable and alone in a fucking gutter before you recruit his soul to fight Loki. Or the mermaid story with all the dead orphans? Or even the opening cut scene with the main character as a little girl being sold into slavery by her mother and then dying in a field of deadly flowers. You want some fucking sadness, that game have your goddamn number, Jack. "

Oh god...

I havn't finished that game, this is one of the reasons. Seriously, there is like nothing good that happens in that game, everyone dies. A lot of their situations are pretty horrible too. Dieing after horrible stuff happening to them. Then again, what do you expect when the game revolves around collecting dead souls.

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lawrens

Hanna in Lost Odyssey, I almost shred a tear reading about her story, and I didn't even get to meet her, funny because I kind of don't give a shit about the rest of the characters in the game that you get to use.

diosmio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By diosmio123

Column Head 1Column Head 2Column Head 3Column Head 4Column Head 5Column Head 6Column Head 7Column Head 8Column Head 9Column Head 10

Well the most saddest part of a game that ive played would have to be final fantasy 7 when Aierth gets killed by sepiroth. That part made me cry and im a dude. The second saddest ive played is final fantasy crisis core SPOILER when zack dies in the ending
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By mosespippy
@I_smell said:
" I think it can be either Roman or his wife who gets shot. Either way, that's supposed to be the sad bit. That, and all the choice parts. "
The other victim is Kate Mcreary not Roman's wife. I found the part where Michelle is revealed as an undercover agent to be sad. 

I've played through FF7 3 times and one of those times I didn't even encounter the Dyne scene. Somehow I skipped past it. I do remember it being sad though. 

I cried a bit when Templar and Evelyn die in Killzone 2.
orangefrys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By orangefrys
@I_smell:  really hated gta 4 as well
Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lucifer

Valkyria Chronicles, you know what scenes I'm talking about. Man, fuck Maximilian.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is dangerous

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ryanwho

You never really hear about Gremio's death in Suikoden 1, even though it came before FF7. Aeris's death wasn't particularly well done either, so I always assumed it was more about the game being the first (I thought at the time) to kill off a PC. It doesn't even have that going for it. 

Also, and this is more understandable because its not legally translated. Man, the ending to Mother 3.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SSValis

ff7? will this fascination ever end?

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hitchenson

I was actually pretty torn up when (Brutal Legend AND RED DEAD REDEMPTION spoilers ahead) 

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending of Shadow Of The Colossus is the only perfect ending to such a game like it.

Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By psyborg0815
@Hitchenson:
There's more than Brutal Legend spoilers, dude. You also spoiled RDR.
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Barrock
@Hitchenson said:
" I was actually pretty torn up when (Brutal Legend spoilers ahead) 

"
What the hell dude? Don't warn about one game and then spoil two games, one of which came out recently. Thanks for that.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hitchenson
@psyborg0815: @Barrock: lol i trole u 

Nah, my bad. I'll edit my post.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#46  Edited By rjayb89

Finding out that Aerith was willingly penetrated by Sephiroth.  That whore.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I kinda felt sad for myself when i played a few hours of the Sims, never again i say.
Hmmm... but in all honesty the ending to MGS3:Snake Eater was pretty heart-breaking for me :(

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By zero_
  Holy crap I remember Dyne... damn, that part would be one of the best in the whole game if it weren't for that damn maze... GODDAMN HE HAS A SHOTGUN AS AN ARM
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dalai
@Chuggsy said:
" World of Goo really made me emotional in some parts for whatever reason. Not so much sad, just emotional. "
And here I thought I was the only crazy one. Two months later and I find out the truth... I am not the only one that found parts of World of Goo emotional.
Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#50  Edited By Blubba

I'm not the OP, but I thought this thread was about sad parts that nobody mentions. Anyways here are some: 

Wind Waker:   

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories 

Dead Space:  

Oblivion and Shivering Isles: 

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney