So Sony and Microsoft have the same 'type' of mascott?

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By The_Icon
Kratos
Kratos
Chief
Chief
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

I don't think they have mascotts. It's okay.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. But they don't officially have any mascot.

karkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By karkii
I believe Sony wanted this guy to become their mascot(?)

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

I thought Microsoft's mascot was something different...hmm

No Caption Provided

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By shadows_kill

m$=master chief and marcus fenix

sony= sackboy, kratos, and snake

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

I don't really understand why they are the same type? You mean because they are both kinda tough guys? Yeah... but - one is a Greek God and the other a space marine.

However, I'd argue Sony don't really have a clear mascot -- more a collection of figures you associate with Sony (Kratos, Sackboy, Snake, etc).

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Mushir
The_Icon said:
"
Kratos
Kratos
Chief
Chief
"
Funny how a fat italian plumber is more famous then both of those badass looking guys.
The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By The_Icon
get2sammyb said:
"I don't really understand why they are the same type? You mean because they are both kinda tough guys? Yeah... but - one is a Greek God and the other a space marine.

However, I'd argue Sony don't really have a clear mascot -- more a collection of figures you associate with Sony (Kratos, Sackboy, Snake, etc).
"
They are both Spartans.
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Death_Unicorn
get2sammyb said:
"I don't really understand why they are the same type? You mean because they are both kinda tough guys? Yeah... but - one is a Greek God and the other a space marine.

"
Wouldn't you say the same about Microsoft?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Death_Unicorn said:
"get2sammyb said:

"

not really halo has and all ways be the one true microsoft thing, you say halo people instantly think xbox or you say xbox and people instantly think halo.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LordAndrew
The_Icon said:
"get2sammyb said:

However, I'd argue Sony don't really have a clear mascot -- more a collection of figures you associate with Sony (Kratos, Sackboy, Snake, etc)."
They are both Spartans."
Oh. That's such a difficult connection to make that you really should have made it clear in your first post.

I think Sackboy is probably the closest Sony has to an actual mascot character.
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Death_Unicorn

People show me a sackboy, I instantly think of Sony?
And I think there's also Marcus Fenix to be considered as a mascot.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't think Sony has a definitive mascot. They have a variety of characters that are representative of the Sony brand, but they don't have a character that any consensus would suggest is a single flagship icon. Microsoft and Nintendo, on the other hand, have Master Chief and Mario, respectively. Maybe Sony should create an easily recognizable character whose name begins with an "M." =P

But seriously, it really doesn't matter. Sony is very successful and their not having an agreed upon identifiable mascot doesn't detract from their validity as a serious competitor in the industry. Heck, Master Chief is a really shitty character. I don't see him as being representative of what quality gaming entails; however, regardless of my feelings towards MC as a character, when someone mentions "Xbox," Master Chief is the Pavlovian response. Perhaps because the Xbox and Master Chief are both associated with the color green? Me thinks this very likely.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordAndrew

Well, if it wasn't Master Chief, then who could it be? Blinx? Master Chief is one of the few well-known characters they have .

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Karmum

I really don't think Sony has a mascot. As alot of people stated, they have a variety of characters.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Death_Unicorn

But Master Chief is a pretty cool guy. eH fights aliens, and doesn't afraid of anything...
I think Microsoft's new mascot should be the Cole Train. =D

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Karmum
0kAmui0 said:
" I believe Sony wanted this guy to become their mascot(?)

"
I assume Sony would assume more kids would be appealed to something like this, in contrast to Greek mythology, which is something many of them know nothing about. When it cames to Halo, it is scfi-space, and you are shooting things. Boom, kids like that.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By get2sammyb
Death_Unicorn said:
"get2sammyb said:

"
"
Well yes. Yes I would. But I do however feel it's more clear with Microsoft. Master Chief is a huge system seller. Snake and Kratos are system sellers, but they are not popular culture phenomonoms (never can spell that, can't be arsed with spell check) in the same way Master Chief is. Of course Master Chief is nothing next to the likes of Mario and Sonic, but he still establishes the XBOX brand as a whole. He is the figure of that -- I think the colour thing someone mentioned above certainly forwards that.

I don't think Playstation even has a clear colour actually. Nintendo is red (although they seem to be shifting towards silver), XBOX is green... Playstation is, black? Blue? What?

The_Icon said:
"get2sammyb said:

"
They are both Spartans.
"
OH! Iseewhatyoudidtharr!
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Death_Unicorn

It's phenomenon =)
And yes, I completely agree with you.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead

No one has mascots anymore. Everyone's grown up besides you know who.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By RHCPfan24

No, just no.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r

Lol @ having the inability to create characters iconic enough to be mascotts spun as a positive thing...