The Community Spotlight - 06/21/2013

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Thanks for Everything Patrick! Best of Luck in Chicago.
Thanks for Everything Patrick! Best of Luck in Chicago.

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am your host as always and this week everyone is recovering from the deluge of stuff from E3. Unfortunately this means that we say farewell to our good friend and amazing contributor Patrick Klepek. As it has already been mentioned he'll still be around as our official Chicago Correspondent, but he just wont be at the GameSpot offices. Unfortunately Patrick isn't the only person that we say farewell to this week. Engineer Thomas, @idbloc is also leaving us and you can wish him the best over here. On a brighter note there's a couple of site changes that have been launched! Lists have been re-designed, and there's a new notification system for everyone that misses the old Friend's Feed. Finally for those of you that have noticed that the site automatically scrolls you to the bottom of a forum topic understand that the issue has been located, but the engineers do not have a timeline for when the issue will be fixed.

(Anime) Clip of the Week

Yeah, this feature is quickly becoming the Giant Bomb x Anime clip of the week. Anyways, here's a mashup video that crosses Giant Bomb with the Attack on Titan theme song:

Community Activities

• Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run for Child's Play - Help Raise Money for Charity Over Here!
  • Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn Official Giant Bomb Company - Join the Company as it Prepares for the Official Release Here!
  • Giant Bomb The Last of Us Online Clan - Hook Up with Other GB Users to Play Online Here!

Wonderful Wikis

In honor of Patrick he's going to be the top wiki article on the Spotlight for this week followed by his new home, Chicago. Shantae is coming out for the 3DS eshop and Luigi is getting his very own DLC this week.

Best of Blogs

Humanity has another video game fan poster featuring Jeff with this week's being The Last of Us. Stubbleman talks about the storied career of Karen Strassman. Video_game_King graces us with two blogs this week with one discussing eating sankes whereas the other guides us to our destiny using tarot cards. Mento has his most recent MS Paint webcomic and PsEG continues his dark journey with iRacing.com. Marino takes you on a trip down memory lane with clips of E3 2001. Chaser324 discusses why the Xbox One polcy reversal isn't a total victory for gamers, and Gamer_152 talks about the games from E3 he is most excited about. Bracknews wants you to help him on deciding which games he should knock off his backlog this summerand Ch3burashka gives you an update on his efforts to make a gaming PC. EpicSteve shares his take on the a recent controversy with PAX Australia and two amateur Encyclopedia Bombcasticas. Evercaptor explains why the stigmas related to gaming depress him. Brodehouse examines the science of The Last of Us whereas granderojo gives you his impressions of the game after having beaten it.

Fantastic Forums

The thread of the week goes to Tireyo643 whose Video Game Remix Jukebox gives you all fo the best remixes and remasters of video game music. The Video_Game_King asks you to talk about any video game habits that have become compulsions. If you have played The Last of Us to completion talk about your thoughts about the ending on the discussion thread. If you have bought any goodies from the GOG.com Summer Sale talk about them and other deal on the official discussion thread for the event.

Lovable Lists

Mento is back at editing lists and this week shares the thirty boss themes that you should give a listen to. I seem to recall there being someone else on this site that appears to be and expert video game boss themes, but that may just be me.

Useful User Reviews

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Video_Game_King

Video_game_King graces us with two blogs this week with one discussing eating sankes whereas the other guides us to our destiny using tarot cards.

I am a dangerous man. (Also, I am only guiding my own destiny. Your own destinies are not within my control....yet.)

Luck702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Luck702

Awesome!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Tofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

Oh man, seeing stuff I did in the Community Showcase makes me feel...alive.

I need this high again.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

Yet again for some bizzare site-revamp reason I am no longer following ZP. Oh well, 5 more to 85k!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZombiePie  Staff
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zombiepie: Thanks! And it works! ... I think? It still seems pretty iffy. I've not been pinged for a few things but otherwise it seems to work.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

@zombiepie: Thanks!

With the notifications feature I'm noticing it's only notifying me on about half the blog comments I've received

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@zombiepie: Thank you kind ZombiePie! And I've even stopped getting emails for all notifications now, fantastic!

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@zombiepie: Thank you kind ZombiePie! And I've even stopped getting emails for all notifications now, fantastic!

ECHO THIS! Thanks for helping make this madness even more madness-er!

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#18  Edited By Mento  Moderator
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ZombiePie  Staff
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#20 gamer_152  Moderator

That picture of Scoops makes me sad. But here's this thing I did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wrote this a little while ago. It was originally for a city life website I worked on but it could fit well here too I suppose. It's an article on that Pinball Wizard arcade they talked about on the Bombcast.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZombiePie  Staff

@rmack said:

I wrote this a little while ago. It was originally for a city life website I worked on but it could fit well here too I suppose. It's an article on that Pinball Wizard arcade they talked about on the Bombcast.

I had you covered when you first wrote it in April. I look forward to any new blogs or articles that you write.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rmack said:

I had you covered when you first wrote it in April. I look forward to any new blogs or articles that you write.

Oh well shit, thanks! I needed a good incentive to write more :D

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest edition of the Spotlight is available for your viewing pleasure here.