Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#951  Edited By napalm
@CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:
" @mhkjtha said:
" I think it's crazy that console-only gamers who have no clue what we're talking about are even posting here. "
The same can be said for the PC gamers who don't understand the entirety of what IWnet entails and are just nerdrage posting. "
Complaining about something isn't "Nerd-rage" I'm sorry to tell you that. But it's the truth. Especially when all the complaints are justified. "
Yes, because I was lumping PC nerdragers and legitimate PC users into the same category. Yes, that's exactly what I was doing. Damn, you are so damn smart!
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#952  Edited By CL60
@Napalm said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:
" @mhkjtha said:
" I think it's crazy that console-only gamers who have no clue what we're talking about are even posting here. "
The same can be said for the PC gamers who don't understand the entirety of what IWnet entails and are just nerdrage posting. "
Complaining about something isn't "Nerd-rage" I'm sorry to tell you that. But it's the truth. Especially when all the complaints are justified. "
Yes, because I was lumping PC nerdragers and legitimate PC users into the same category. Yes, that's exactly what I was doing. Damn, you are so damn smart! "
Clearly you are, like 80% of this topic is people like you just saying that PC users are whining bitches and it's not a big deal even when you have no idea what you are talking about in the slightest.
GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#953  Edited By GeneralTurkle
@NateDogg said:
" I'm a PC FPS player that moved on to console shooters just about the time Halo 3 dropped.. So know somewhat how both sides of the fence works, I think IW or Activision is making a mistake.Honestly, that is one thing I absolutely loved about FPS on PC. Back in the Quake 1 days, I used Gamespy to list all the servers I could join. It would tell you all the details such as:  - the current map being played - the amount of players in the game - ping!!!  with numbers.  and this also allowed you to save your "favorites" so if there is a particular server you liked playing on, you could easily come back to that one everyday rather than going random which is how I feel on the console.   Sure you can pick the type of match but you don't get much input on the map selection.   IE: So i bought the map pack for MW back when it came out. China Town was one of the new maps, (even if its supposedly recycled from CoD2).  That map is rarely every played and it frustrates me to no end because i paid for it, yet I have to let the online service decide which map i'm going to play on? "OH COME ON!"  Judging from how I played online FPS on PC, I was the type to be very selective on which maps I played on. For example, in CS I prefer playing de_dust, cs_assault, cs_office.  I think those 3 maps are great! and being able to filter out all the maps you are not interested was a great feature.  ANYWAYS. I understand IW or Activision is doing this to mess with the pirates but I really really dislike how the matchmaking system works over consoles.. Its not even about the matchmaking.. My problem is more about the lack of the ability to select which map you want to play on.   Honestly, whether it is Halo 3 or Modern Warfare, its always VETO VETO VETO.     Why not just add the ability to pick the type of online match.. IE: CTF, Headquarters, or straight up death match *AND* in addition, what map the match will be played on.  Sometimes, i'd like to play a particular map and not have to deal with random selected maps all the time. FOR REALS.  Someone must agree with me on this because I feel from the aspect I was talking about, PC gaming online is/was still "better" in that sense. "
i believe in exactly what you're saying to a T.  If anyone has played gears 2 online(DON'T FLAME MEEE) it works like the way you are suggesting.  Voting on a few different gametypes and a few different maps each time you join in a lobby would be a great way to balance out what everyone wants
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#954  Edited By mhkjtha
@Napalm said:
" @mhkjtha said:
And what makes you know what IWNet entails so much better then PC gamers, you fucking idiot?
Avatar image for necrorectumonomicon
Necrorectumonomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the matchmaking is as easy as on the 360 and I get to play it with a mouse, I'm in. Can't play anymore of MW with analog sticks

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@withateethuh said:

" I think it is fair for PC gamers to express concerns about how their overall online experience with this game will work. However, instead of acting remotely mature, most of this crap has spiraled down into basically a bunch of overgrown children whining because they didn't get the right toy they wanted. Along with personal attacks against IW staff, 4chan-style spamming of forums where people actually want to have intelligent discussion, I can't really feel anything except disgust at how out of proportion this is. "

First of all, forget the 4chan crap, this thread is another example of people like that, who have no vested interest other than trolling for fun. They do not represent PC gamers or their concerns. 

Secondly, this attitude that if you complain about an inferior product, you are a whiner and you should just shut up and take it like everyone else, does not help anyone. Console only people, who wouldn't know a dedicated server from a Wallet Inspector weighing in on the topic does not help anyone either. 

MW on PC was a great game which I still play, and like many other PC fans I was looking forward to MW2, which Bowling promised would be the same PC experience as its predecessor. He lied and drops this on us three weeks before launch. Are people bummed they effectively can't play MW2 online on PC? Of course. Are they expressing their opinion in the (vain) hope IW will reconsider? Sure, why not? It is depressing and almost comical that console-only people are outraged at the PC community for expressing their discontent. 

I haven't seen any personal attacks on IW staff at all, but given their last transparently insulting response to the PC community it's not surprising if it is starting to happen.
Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Napalm said:
I'm echoing this statement. It seems of bunch of asshole-ish PC elitists joined this site just to waltz into this topic to tell everybody who's a console gamer to GTFO. I pose a question of just how many of you have contributed worthwhile information to this website to help it grow.  Oh, almost none of you? Okay then, please leave. "
Are you aware of the concept of irony or is that too elitist for you?
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#958  Edited By napalm
@CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:
" @mhkjtha said:
Yes, because I was lumping PC nerdragers and legitimate PC users into the same category. Yes, that's exactly what I was doing. Damn, you are so damn smart! "
Clearly you are, like 80% of this topic is people like you just saying that PC users are whining bitches and it's not a big deal even when you have no idea what you are talking about in the slightest. "
I was going to post why you're an idiot and just explain myself, but it's way funnier to see you leaking with nerdrage and stupidity. So instead, I'll just take a seat over here and slowly laugh my ass off.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#959  Edited By CL60
@Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:
" @mhkjtha said:
Clearly you are, like 80% of this topic is people like you just saying that PC users are whining bitches and it's not a big deal even when you have no idea what you are talking about in the slightest. "
I was going to post why you're an idiot and just explain myself, but it's way funnier to see you leaking with nerdrage and stupidity. So instead, I'll just take a seat over here and slowly laugh my ass off. "
Well I guess we are both laughing because you just seem stupid to me right now. You have no idea what nerd raging is at all. You are the only person nerd raging here. People complain about this and you come in and start fucking going apeshit and calling people stupid because apparently PC users are nerd raging imbeciles too you and we are not allowed to complain about something that we disagree with, without you going insane and calling NEEERDDD RAGGEE!!!!!

Simple fact, what you call nerd rage isn't nerd rage, it is simple complaining about something we disagree with. People like you need to grasp the fact that complaining doesn't equal whining nor "nerd-raging"

The only thing I see in this topic is console users like you attacking the PC users that are simply complaining about something legitimate.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#960  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@mhkjtha said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:

You specifically said "Over half of console games are pirated"

No, I didn't. Jesus christ.  Somebody pirating something is not the same thing as stealing it directly by any means, i already explained why in a previous post.  And nothing would stop retarded 12 yr olds from downloading that many games. (Not that i've ever said that the 360 user base consists of that) I dont understand how anything or anyone would be able to stop it. Do you think that it becomes harder to download games the more you download or something? What is wrong with you. Once again you prove that you dont know how these things work. "
You Did say that "half of 360 owners pirate".  Unless you think they like to download games and have no way of playing it, that means that half 360 owners have flashed Xboxs.  You also said "There are well over 10 million pirated copies of Halo 3, period" and that "Everyone that has a flashed Xbox has a burnt copy of Halo".  So by your own omission, you stated that there are 16 million flashed 360s, along with 16 million pirated copies of Halo 3 (assuming one Xbox per person).  Even if you never directly said 16 million copies of Halo 3, if you follow your reasoning you did say it.

When I called BS on this, you go apeshit and talk about torrents and how "A single person can and will pirate more games in a year than 10 people can buy in a year."  I guess you forgot that you just said 16 million 360s were flashed so you came up with a new argument, that a smaller number of people downloaded more games in order to reach your now unspecified percentage of games pirated. (you can see how i would get confused in your incoherent argument and think that you were now arguing that 50% of all xbox games were pirated).

And then when I say that 50% of 360 games would be a quarter of a billion copies, You deny ever saying such a thing (which to your credit you didn't directly)  and continue to say "Nothing would stop a retarded 12 yr old from downloading that many games...do you think that it becomes harder to download games the more you download or something?" You agreed with such a ridiculous high number of illegal games. 

So so far you have said
1) Half of 360 owners pirate (16 million)
2) Everyone with a flashed 360 has a burnt copy of Halo 3 (16 million)
3) Argued that a quarter of a billion 360 games have been pirated (equal to the number legally sold)

You changed your argument from half of 360 owners pirate games, which itself could be corallated to half of the games being pirated because "Nothing would stop a 12 yr old from downloading that many games", to agreeing with the statement "half of all 360 games are pirated" which is what i thought you were arguing through your horribly communicated position.

All of these numbers/statistics are total bullshit.  Your the only person i have ever heard try to argue these ridiculous figures.  Where did you come up with them?  How could the 360 compete with the PS3, let alone be ahead of it, if one or both of these assertions are true?  

I would like to hear anyones opinion on this matter, all I am expecting from this guy is another "You dont understand how these things work".
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#961  Edited By zeus_gb

Being as it's three weeks before the launch there is no way they are going to reconsider dedicated servers, simply because it's too late.  They might be able to patch it later but I doubt they'll do that without some serious pressure from the fans.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#962  Edited By mhkjtha
@MAN_FLANNEL said:

You Did say that "half of 360 owners pirate".

No, I really didn't. Please link me to the post where I said that. :S
Your entire argument is built around something i've never even said. Lmao, how does it feel to have wasted all of the time it took for you to type that?
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#963  Edited By napalm
@CL60 said:

" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:
" @mhkjtha said:
I was going to post why you're an idiot and just explain myself, but it's way funnier to see you leaking with nerdrage and stupidity. So instead, I'll just take a seat over here and slowly laugh my ass off. "
Well I guess we are both laughing because you just seem stupid to me right now. You have no idea what nerd raging is at all. You are the only person nerd raging here. People complain about this and you come in and start fucking going apeshit and calling people stupid because apparently PC users are nerd raging imbeciles too you and we are not allowed to complain about something that we disagree with, without you going insane and calling NEEERDDD RAGGEE!!!!!  Simple fact, what you call nerd rage isn't nerd rage, it is simple complaining about something we disagree with. People like you need to grasp the fact that complaining doesn't equal whining nor "nerd-raging"  The only thing I see in this topic is console users like you attacking the PC users that are simply complaining about something legitimate. "
You still don't understand what I'm really saying, and that's why I'm still laughing. Maybe if you removed your head from your ass and looked at what I said legitimately and without bias, you would understand what I am truly trying to say. But, since you can't seem to remove yourself from calling me a "console user who's attacking" you, I'll just continue to laugh. Your obvious nerdraging is clouding your ability to think straight.

EDIT: Actually, I'm exiting this topic. If you feel the need to really know what I was saying, then you can PM me.
Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#964  Edited By Crono
@Napalm said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:
" @mhkjtha said:
Well I guess we are both laughing because you just seem stupid to me right now. You have no idea what nerd raging is at all. You are the only person nerd raging here. People complain about this and you come in and start fucking going apeshit and calling people stupid because apparently PC users are nerd raging imbeciles too you and we are not allowed to complain about something that we disagree with, without you going insane and calling NEEERDDD RAGGEE!!!!!  Simple fact, what you call nerd rage isn't nerd rage, it is simple complaining about something we disagree with. People like you need to grasp the fact that complaining doesn't equal whining nor "nerd-raging"  The only thing I see in this topic is console users like you attacking the PC users that are simply complaining about something legitimate. "
You still don't understand what I'm really saying, and that's why I'm still laughing. Maybe if you removed your head from your ass and looked at what I said legitimately and without bias, you would understand what I am truly trying to say. But, since you can't seem to remove yourself from calling me a "console user who's attacking" you, I'll just continue to laugh. Your obvious nerdraging is clouding your ability to think straight. "
You sound like the one nerdraging, really.
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#965  Edited By rallier
@zeus_gb said:
" Being as it's three weeks before the launch there is no way they are going to reconsider dedicated servers, simply because it's too late.  They might be able to patch it later but I doubt they'll do that without some serious pressure from the fans. "
I'm afraid that you are right... there is not much we can do other then voicing our disagreement by signing that petition. One of the biggest FPS games there are pulling of something like this looks like the start of the end of what PC gaming stands for, I really hope I'm wrong.
BagSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#966  Edited By BagSquad
@Crono said:
" @Napalm said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:
" @mhkjtha said:
You still don't understand what I'm really saying, and that's why I'm still laughing. Maybe if you removed your head from your ass and looked at what I said legitimately and without bias, you would understand what I am truly trying to say. But, since you can't seem to remove yourself from calling me a "console user who's attacking" you, I'll just continue to laugh. Your obvious nerdraging is clouding your ability to think straight. "
You sound like the one nerdraging, really. "
HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTT
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#967  Edited By CL60
@Napalm said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:
" @mhkjtha said:
Whatever. There is no "nerd-raging" going on here and you constantly saying that just makes you look like a fool. And I did look at what you said and it's ridiculous. We know what IWnet does, and we don't agree with it. That is the whole fucking point of the entire complaining thing. And you think that everybody who is complaining are "nerd-ragers". Seriously. I'm not the one who "needs to get my head out of my ass" you just don't have a fucking clue what the hell you are tlaking about and WHY exactly we are mad about the change.

Firstly. We were lied too when it was said that the multiplayer would be the same as COD4, then 3 weeks...3 fucking weeks before launch they come up and say..oh btw. We are removing something that gave PC players a community and allowed games to be customized to the players liking and adding in matchmaking, so now it will be incredibly difficult to get clan skirmishes going. We will force DLC on you, not let anybody make any custom maps or content, etc. Good luck with that guys.  

Secondly. Can anybody say completley unnessary change that they KNEW would cause outrage.

Third. Once again I will say, please grasp the fact that complaining about something does not = "nerd-raging" nor does it = whining.

And again i will say because clearly you have yet to get it....we complain about this ridiculous change and people like you come in and tell us all to stop whining and nerd raging. Just GTFO because clearly you have no fucking clue what the hell you are talking about. Why do you even bother posting stupid shit like you do when it doesn't even effect you in any way. 

This change is a BIG change, and you all cannot seem to grasp that.
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#968  Edited By fynne

I don't really care about online, so it makes no diff to me.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rallier said:

" @zeus_gb said:

" Being as it's three weeks before the launch there is no way they are going to reconsider dedicated servers, simply because it's too late.  They might be able to patch it later but I doubt they'll do that without some serious pressure from the fans. "
I'm afraid that you are right... there is not much we can do other then voicing our disagreement by signing that petition. One of the biggest FPS games there are pulling of something like this looks like the start of the end of what PC gaming stands for, I really hope I'm wrong. "
$2.5 million in pre-orders cancelled on Amazon according to this link. That is just a start and something Activision won't be happy about at all. They wouldn't even have bothered with IW.net if they didn't want PC sales.

Still, I agree, SADS is not something you just patch in overnight. If Activision does force them to implement it, it won't be for months.
Zinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#970  Edited By Zinc
@fynne: Same boat, HIGH FIVE!
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#971  Edited By zeus_gb
@Rallier said:
" @zeus_gb said:
I'm afraid that you are right... there is not much we can do other then voicing our disagreement by signing that petition. One of the biggest FPS games there are pulling of something like this looks like the start of the end of what PC gaming stands for, I really hope I'm wrong. "
Hopefully lots of people will sign the petition and IW / Activision will listen.
GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#972  Edited By GeneralTurkle
@Crono said:
" @Napalm said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Napalm said:

" @CL60 said:
" @Napalm said:
" @mhkjtha said:
You sound like the one nerdraging, really. "
he thinks he's cool because he keeps using the term, "nerdrage"
doohuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#973  Edited By doohuh

Brad if you barely play PC games anymore, then why the hell even post a flaimbait article like this? If it doesn't upset you - then stay out of it. Me, just like a butt load of other pc gamers think this is a terrible decision and want it to change. WE'RE the ones buying the game - if it doesn't appeal to us, IW should do what they can to cater towards us. If not then they don't have to release it.  

And don't say you don't have an opinion. Why else would you write this article like this?    
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#974  Edited By zeforgotten
@zeus_gb: Is the thing gonna be sent to IW at some point?  
I mean, I emailed them and told them about the "problem" (not in my eyes but others) and they would rather have people email them than signing a petition that nobody will ever see. 
And I think if all those people that has signed the damn petition send in just one email each, would make a far greater "dent" in the IW guys decision. 
But that's just me, forums that nobody from IW is gonna read or Petitions that they're not gonna see probably works well too :P
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#975  Edited By baconbits33
@FuzzYLemoN: When did playing on the PC become a gang? Seriously? wtf? I personally find PC gamers to be the whiniest and elitist bunch of gamers I've ever met.
Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doohuh said:

" Brad if you barely play PC games anymore, then why the hell even post a flaimbait article like this? If it doesn't upset you - then stay out of it. Me, just like a butt load of other pc gamers think this is a terrible decision and want it to change. WE'RE the ones buying the game - if it doesn't appeal to us, IW should do what they can to cater towards us. If not then they don't have to release it.   And don't say you don't have an opinion. Why else would you write this article like this?     "

I like the idea he did it just to sit back and watch the thread explode. But I would have prefered Dave's opinion since he's probably the only PC gamer there.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#977  Edited By zeus_gb
@ZeForgotten said:
" @zeus_gb: Is the thing gonna be sent to IW at some point?  I mean, I emailed them and told them about the "problem" (not in my eyes but others) and they would rather have people email them than signing a petition that nobody will ever see. And I think if all those people that has signed the damn petition send in just one email each, would make a far greater "dent" in the IW guys decision. But that's just me, forums that nobody from IW is gonna read or Petitions that they're not gonna see probably works well too :P "
I've seen the petition link on several forums and on the IW forums as well so I guess someone at IW knows about it.
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#978  Edited By mhkjtha
@baconbits33 said:
" @FuzzYLemoN: When did playing on the PC become a gang? Seriously? wtf? I personally find PC gamers to be the whiniest and elitist bunch of gamers I've ever met. "
Question is youve actually met a pc gamer outside the internet.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#979  Edited By zeforgotten
@zeus_gb said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @zeus_gb: Is the thing gonna be sent to IW at some point?  I mean, I emailed them and told them about the "problem" (not in my eyes but others) and they would rather have people email them than signing a petition that nobody will ever see. And I think if all those people that has signed the damn petition send in just one email each, would make a far greater "dent" in the IW guys decision. But that's just me, forums that nobody from IW is gonna read or Petitions that they're not gonna see probably works well too :P "
I've seen the petition link on several forums and on the IW forums as well so I guess someone at IW knows about it. "
Hope so. 
I would hate to think if it were like, everyone that has a legit complain instead of dumb threats and stuff were going on and on about this and suddenly went. 
"Wait guys, have we told IW about this? Or are we just telling it to people who owns websites that can't do anything about it?" 
"Oh, yeah, maybe we should have said something to IW instead of everyone who can't do anything about it.. huh" 
"Yeah, 'scratchhead' Boy I feel silly now"
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#980  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@mhkjtha said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:

You Did say that "half of 360 owners pirate".

No, I really didn't. Please link me to the post where I said that. :S Your entire argument is built around something i've never even said. Lmao, how does it feel to have wasted all of the time it took for you to type that? "
Ok, I deserve a face palm for that one.  Thats what I get for looking at a chain of posts rather than looking at them one by one.  I mixed you up with the guy that did say half of 360 owners pirate. (I said that there are not 10 million illegal copies of halo 3 floating around replying to him, and you said that there were more...you can see how i fucked up, and how I kept going with the half figure)

Nevertheless, you think that there are well over 10 million pirated copies of halo 3, so you think there are well over 10 million flashed Xboxs, (if that number is "well over a third" or half it still doesn't matter too much)

Change 16 to 10 in my 3 points and everything is still valid.  lets just say 10/32 is a third

So far you have said
1) at least a third of 360 owners pirate (10 million)
2) Everyone with a flashed 360 has a burnt copy of Halo 3 (10 million)
3) Argued that a quarter of a billion 360 games have been pirated (equal to the number legally sold)

Just switch 2 and 1 and it follows your logic and the order in which you said them.  

Again these numbers are based off of NOTHING.  When I was arguing the whole quarter of a billion thing you said that it could happen and that you wouldn't be surprised if it has (so this whole thing about me conceding is not really necessary, because you inferred that half of all 360 games were pirated) 

HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX THESE TEXT BOXES!!!  (nothing like not being able to see your cursor or not having the window go down so you see what you are writing)
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#981  Edited By baconbits33
@mhkjtha: No I actually met them on the PC as I'm gaming, it's the reason why I tend to not play on the PC.
Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeus_gb said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
I've seen the petition link on several forums and on the IW forums as well so I guess someone at IW knows about it. "
IW already responded to it. I can't believe you missed it. They basically bullshitted their reasons for dropping dedi servers in an insulting way and then said the people who signed the petition were just shills.
IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#983  Edited By IcySandman

Well, I liked dedicated servers for a few good reasons:

I got to know people on certain servers and we all became regulars, had a good time.

I could get to my clan server.

I could tell my friends what server to go to.

These would be my reasons that I'd be pissed, but I'll probably buy it on Steam like my friend, and get him to join me on whatever server I'm on...

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#984  Edited By zeus_gb
@Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
" @zeus_gb said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
IW already responded to it. I can't believe you missed it. They basically bullshitted their reasons for dropping dedi servers in an insulting way and then said the people who signed the petition were just shills. "
I've read the community managers blog post and well it's the answer I expected.  The reasoning given for the change seems a little bit superficial to me.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#985  Edited By zeforgotten
@Zatoichi_Sanjuro: I see. 
Well then all this complaining and trying to change it is really pointless? 
And I don't mean it in like a "you guys are wasting your lives, losers"-kind of way. 
But if IW has said "Fuck you" (Basically) then, what are people trying to do now?  
I mean sure, people are still mad and that's totally fine, but it's a lost cause.. 

Then of course there's also the people that just bitch and whine so they can have a reason to insult console owners and vice versa. 
But if this thing is basically going no where I won't take up anymore space in here since that would be annoying. 
But thanks for answering my questions in a well mannered way :P Think it's the first time in this thread. hehe 

@zeus_gb: Also to you, thanks for answering and not being a total prick :P
Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#987  Edited By Dragon_Fire

I was already in the middle of getting and not getting MW2 for the PC but this is it I'm not going to get MW2 because of this the whole reason why i play MW still is because of the custom game modes/and maps.
Well the Call of duty series was awesome while it lasted but Hey everything has to die. RIP CALL OF DUTY.

Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#988  Edited By Curufinwe
Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#989  Edited By Curufinwe
@CL60: Well said, man.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#990  Edited By CL60

This topic got a little out of hand to be completely honest. We've all just gotta cool down.

Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#991  Edited By Contra
@CL60 said:
" This topic got a little out of hand to be completely honest. We've all just gotta cool down. "

A little.

I left this topic yesterday at page 25....

I'm impressed.  
Coming up to 1000 posts.

But it does show how pissed we are at this issue...
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#992  Edited By CL60
@Contra: Well maybe more then a little :P

Still though, we all gotta chill out and stop the name calling and such.
Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#993  Edited By Contra

Yes we do.  

It's very bad form and makes us look like children

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZeForgotten 

I believe Activision want to make as much money as possible, and even if there's the slimmest of chances that this vocal discontent will make them force IW to include dedi server support, then it's worth it.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#995  Edited By RsistncE

Haha, I left here yesterday and it was about 10 pages or so shorter than and much less of a shitstorm.

_k1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#996  Edited By _k1_

Its obvious that this was a console game from the start.  The $59.99 price also killed one advantage of the PC version.  Combine that with the bugginess of CoD:WaW on the PC and the inclusion of paid DLC, and its pretty clear that the PC version was a poor proposition anyway.    

PC gamers are used to getting the best versions of FPS titles, but its been clear for a while that Activision is more interested in dumping quick ports than actually delivering a quality product.  The fact that we're being asked to pay the same price as on a console (which have licensing/certification fees), while Bobby Kotick whines about wanting to drive prices further up, shows just what a pathetic cash grab this is. 

RavenShade83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#997  Edited By RavenShade83

I'm tired of PC gamers feeling like just because they're using a mouse and keyboard it's their god given right to mod everything that gets installed on their rigs. If they really think they can make games that much better than the people they buy them from they should try to find a job in the industry. This is simply the natural progression of things and they have no right to complain about an increase in security so all the other multiplayer features will work. I say grow up and play the game the way it's meant to be played.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#998  Edited By BawlZINmotion
@Napalm said:

" @Chainblast said:

" @belaraphon said:

" @Chainblast said:

" The PC is an open platform, but if a developer starts removing features like the ability to mod, dedicated servers, LAN support, then requires you to connect through their custom network (likely requiring an account), one can create a closed platform for one or more games. Aside the reduction in freedom, it just adds more junk between you and your experience, more chances for something to go wrong. No alternatives. Matchmaking is a great tool, no question there, but it should be left at that, a tool. Not a requirement. Features that make PC gaming appealing are being stripped away one by one. It's one thing if those features cost more to implement or require management, but they don't. It's about creating a closed platform to have complete and utter control over how you use their product. Some might argue they have the right, they made it. I don't. So long as you're not performing illegally, the consumer has the right to do with as they please any product they purchase.   The practice of closed platforms is actually anti-capitalist, thus anti-American. The idea of monopolizing a product so no competition can exist runs contradictory to what American business values are SUPPOSED to be. Car manufactures don't tell customers what tires they can use or what oil companies they're allowed to purchase fuel from. Intel doesn't dictate to consumers what brand names are required for use with their processors. Starbucks doesn't tell people they can only be served drinks in cups/mugs displaying their logo.  "

i agree with you on many points, but something small stood out:   Some might argue they have the right, they made it. I don't. So long as you're not performing illegally, the consumer has the right to do with as they please any product they purchase.  don't we as pc software buyers not have any real rights when it comes to software? aren't we are purchasing a license to play the game yet have no ownership of it and it can be pulled at any time deemed necessary by the legal holders? at least i imagine that's what all that small print on the license agreement says. "
Sadly yes. It's just not good business to dictate to your customers what they can do with the product they just handed $60 over for. Especially when what they want to do with the product is not demeaning or unlawful. It's more of a larger issue with the way the corporate world chooses to conduct themselves. Don't be surprised when in the near future every game bought (on console) requires activation via Live or PSN and is locked to the original account thereafter, prohibiting its resale and making conventional rentals not possible. It's already been talked about by business and industry figures, including Epic Games. Obviously this is a bit off topic, but I think many could agree the larger issue here is corporate attitude. Yes? "
Welcome to what console gamers have been dealing with for the past 5 years. Every platform is dictated like this. It's time for you to suck it up and deal with it like the rest of us have learned to do. "
I've owned every console since 1985 except Dreamcast. I was playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 online with my PS2 in 2002 before Shaw Cable tech support even knew how to get the bloody thing to work on their service. And you know what? I'm very aware of the bullshit that goes on with consoles. It's why I'm so vocal about developers dragging the PC down there. If you want to stick your head in the sand with your ass in the air, go right ahead. I'll continue to be vocal because I actually give two shits about the things I enjoy. Clearly unlike most people today, including yourself.
Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RavenShade83 said:
"  I'm tired of PC gamers feeling like just because they're using a mouse and keyboard it's their god given right to mod everything that gets installed on their rigs. If they really think they can make games that much better than the people they buy them from they should try to find a job in the industry. This is simply the natural progression of things and they have no right to complain about an increase in security so all the other multiplayer features will work. I say grow up and play the game the way it's meant to be played. "
Read this and become informed on the issue.
BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1000  Edited By BawlZINmotion
@RavenShade83 said:

"  I'm tired of PC gamers feeling like just because they're using a mouse and keyboard it's their god given right to mod everything that gets installed on their rigs. If they really think they can make games that much better than the people they buy them from they should try to find a job in the industry. This is simply the natural progression of things and they have no right to complain about an increase in security so all the other multiplayer features will work. I say grow up and play the game the way it's meant to be played. "

How do you think a lot of the folks in the industry got their jobs? Sheeesh...