This Modern Warfare 2 PC Situation Is Getting Crazy

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

if this happened in china, all the developers personal info would be leaked and their offices and body would be heckled by the public.

SlapChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1002  Edited By SlapChop
@RavenShade83 said:
"  I'm tired of PC gamers feeling like just because they're using a mouse and keyboard it's their god given right to mod everything that gets installed on their rigs. If they really think they can make games that much better than the people they buy them from they should try to find a job in the industry. This is simply the natural progression of things and they have no right to complain about an increase in security so all the other multiplayer features will work. I say grow up and play the game the way it's meant to be played. "
With Aim Assist!
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1003  Edited By zeforgotten
@SlapChop: Is that like saying that people on consoles use aim assist?  
I turn that junk off, it's so annoying, I want my games to at least feel like a challenge. 
Not that any games are these days anyway. And goes for all games
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1004  Edited By Slippy

This is actually justified at a level that the L4D2 boycott can only dream of.  

Dedicated servers are a big deal, and for a well organised clan they are absolutely essential. The server lists may be confusing to some, but that doesn't change the fact that they allow you to connect to the exact game you want, at a ping best suited to your area. Matchmaking does not do this - matchmaking only aims to connect players for a quick game, irregardless of connection quality, to boost some XP score which most PC gamers probably do not give a fuck about. It's the truly competitve nature of PC gaming that is dying here, and being replaced with things which should stay on a console such as prestiges and e-peen waving like that. These clans cancelling pre-orders are totally justified imo. It's not even a case of "we'll show you, Infinity Ward - with our wallets!". It's a case of "ok, this game doesn't have the features which are essential for us as to operate as a competitive clan, so we have no other choice but to cancel rather than waste thousands of dollars". 

It's a completely ridiculous move by Infinity Ward. Okay, they have their reasons, but they do not replace the need for dedicated servers in any way. By doing this they've single-handedly alienated a massive chunk of their PC market - you know, the very market which put them where they are in the first place. And in fact, it was this very sort of bullshit (and excessive add-on business from EA) which originally forced veteran IW members to break away and form the studio. The modding community is also dead on arrival - now instead of the dozens of custom maps, game modes and total conversions out there (Galactic Warfare anyone?), we have to contend with whatever overpriced DLC they throw our way. PC gamers have every right to be angry. imo, it's especially insulting to the people currently paying out their asses in bandwidth fees to keep the COD1, 2 and 4 servers alive.  

Usually when you are selling a product, you try and give the consumer enough reasons to buy it. One price hike later, and now no mods or dedicated servers, and it's as if they're trying to give us enough reasons not to buy it. And one more thing: Console warriors feeling the need to negatively comment on PC gamers, about an issue which does not even affect them, kindly shut the fuck up.
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1005  Edited By Gregomasta
@SlapChop said:
" @RavenShade83 said:
"  I'm tired of PC gamers feeling like just because they're using a mouse and keyboard it's their god given right to mod everything that gets installed on their rigs. If they really think they can make games that much better than the people they buy them from they should try to find a job in the industry. This is simply the natural progression of things and they have no right to complain about an increase in security so all the other multiplayer features will work. I say grow up and play the game the way it's meant to be played. "
With Aim Assist! "
HA-HA!  ZING!
Dragonseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1006  Edited By Dragonseer

In case anyone has forgotten, I just thought I'd point out why it is that PC games are usually cheaper - and that's because unlike console games publishers don't have to pay a license fee over to Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.  That extra cash for this game is just Activision milking it.  And the same time, they are asking the PC games community to eat shit and call it ice cream over this Dedicated server and Mod support removal.   

Again I think the best thing to do is either to torrent this game that people are hyped on, or pass on it.  This and Starcraft 2.  Because this is not about 'supporting game developers anymore' - this is about whether or not you want to support coporatisation and invasive control of basic gaming services.  You can bet your ass that Activision want to start charging subscription fees, like Xbox live, for both Battlenet and now IWnet, either that or having a whole bunch or ads stuck in your face whenever you go online.   But first they have to get these new services going and spin it as 'improving' service.  No way.

I'd rather see these games tank than see these kind of business practises become the norm - personally I won't be buying any Activision game ever again

michaelleung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1007  Edited By michaelleung

Did anyone post the GameInformer article about it yet? Jeez, how insulting.

Predictably, nerds across world took to the Internet with a wailing and a gnashing of teeth that would make the Left 4 Dead community proud. An online petition to bring back dedicated servers at the time of this writing stands at 100,000+ signatures. However -- and this may shock some gamers with advanced persecution complexes -- this move was not made to tweak the noses of the PC community. Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella explain the decision as a conscious effort to improve their game for the vast majority of their players. 

kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cross-platform multiplayer integration? bam! all is forgiven.

Retrolock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1009  Edited By Retrolock

Yeah well, PC gamers are always getting shafted. What else is new? I'm a PC gamer, and this sort of thing really leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I'm not going to buy this game anyway, so I'm not really affected. Might as well stick to TF2, WaW etc for my MP fix.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1010  Edited By mhkjtha
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
Nevertheless, you think that there are well over 10 million pirated copies of halo 3, so you think there are well over 10 million flashed Xboxs, (if that number is "well over a third" or half it still doesn't matter too much) 
No I don't, since I count all the copies floating around on people's HDD's being seeded by those people. I've already made that clear.

Maybe your argument against me would be better off if you actually knew what I've said?

You don't just deserve a facepalm for saying that I said something I never did, you deserve a facepalm for everything you've said regarding this subject. In fact you deserve a facepalm for everything you've ever said period. You're a fucking idiot! :D
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1011  Edited By mhkjtha
@MAN_FLANNEL said:

Nevertheless, you think that there are well over 10 million pirated copies of halo 3, so you think there are well over 10 million flashed Xboxs, (if that number is "well over a third" or half it still doesn't matter too much)

No I don't, since I count all the copies floating around on people's HDD's being seeded by those people. I've already made that clear.

Maybe your argument against me would be better off if you actually knew what I've said?

You don't just deserve a facepalm for saying that I said something I never did, you deserve a facepalm for everything you've said regarding this subject. In fact you deserve a facepalm for everything you've ever said period. You're a fucking idiot! :D
PLightstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1012  Edited By PLightstar

That is Bad, I want the choice can't they have a system like L4D where you get the choice to jump in or choose which game you want to play. Sometimes all I want to do is play a small game with a few mates and not play with randoms, this will negate that option. I don't see why they would think this is a good idea. It must cost them more money to do this.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1013  Edited By nail1080
@kitsune_conundrum said:

" cross-platform multiplayer integration? bam! all is forgiven. "

cross-platform multiplayer integration? bam! anyone with a mouse and key board wins the match.
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nail1080: yeah, isnt it awesome?
capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1015  Edited By capt_ventris

It is getting to a stage where I am happy just to get games like this on my way too expensive PC.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1016  Edited By CL60
@nail1080 said:
" @kitsune_conundrum said:

cross-platform multiplayer integration? bam! anyone with a mouse and key board wins the match. "
You couldn't even tell who was who in Shadowrun...
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1017  Edited By nail1080
@CL60 said:
" @nail1080 said:
" @kitsune_conundrum said:

cross-platform multiplayer integration? bam! anyone with a mouse and key board wins the match. "
You couldn't even tell who was who in Shadowrun... "
It's the guy at the top of the leaderboard when the game ends! Well done :D
killername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1018  Edited By killername

Hey contards.... this does jack all to stop piracy. Single player will be cracked on CoD4 multilayer already needed a unique CD key.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1019  Edited By natetodamax
@michaelleung said:
" Did anyone post the GameInformer article about it yet? Jeez, how insulting.

Predictably, nerds across world took to the Internet with a wailing and a gnashing of teeth that would make the Left 4 Dead community proud. An online petition to bring back dedicated servers at the time of this writing stands at 100,000+ signatures. However -- and this may shock some gamers with advanced persecution complexes -- this move was not made to tweak the noses of the PC community. Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella explain the decision as a conscious effort to improve their game for the vast majority of their players. 

"
Wow, I am insulted. The person that wrote that article is a moron.
TheWhiteShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1020  Edited By TheWhiteShade

IW would make a smart thing having both player, and matchmaking servers. There is enough players around anyways... :P First post on GB. AWESOME!!!

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1021  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@mhkjtha said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:

No I don't, since I count all the copies floating around on people's HDD's being seeded by those people. I've already made that clear.  Maybe your argument against me would be better off if you actually knew what I've said? You don't just deserve a facepalm for saying that I said something I never did, you deserve a facepalm for everything you've said regarding this subject. In fact you deserve a facepalm for everything you've ever said period. You're a fucking idiot! :D "
What percentage of 360's do you think are flashed? 
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1022  Edited By mhkjtha
@MAN_FLANNEL: Ok, so after bashing me for several pages over shit I didnt say, you're just gonna ignore the whole thing and try to steer the discussion in a different direction?
Jesus christ, can't you atleast admit what a fucking idiot you are before you start grasping for straws?
FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1023  Edited By FuzzYLemoN
@baconbits33 said:
" @FuzzYLemoN: When did playing on the PC become a gang? Seriously? wtf? I personally find PC gamers to be the whiniest and elitist bunch of gamers I've ever met. "
Having countless franchises and genres that you grew up with needlessly ripped away from you and stuffed onto an inferior platform is a pretty valid reason to be pissed off if you ask me. But alas, it's no use trying to explain to you. Different people have different opinions depending on what they grew up with, and our opinions obviously differ.
Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheWhiteShade said:

" IW would make a smart thing having both player, and matchmaking servers. There is enough players around anyways... :P First post on GB. AWESOME!!! "

They really want to avoid dichotomous branching, or bifurcating if you will, with the online PC community. Their number one goal is making the multiplayer experience smoother for the PC, which is why they have been releasing information about IW.net and it's features for months now. The open BETA for IW.net will also further help them, and the community, refine and improve the online experience even more.

/bile
regnits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1025  Edited By regnits

There is no hope IW are not talking or giving what the community need.

We can all expect the next IW COD to be monthly fee online gaming.  

Just like everything has gone pay per view.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1026  Edited By evanbrau

This thread is insane, so many replies in so short a time. I have said in another thread what I thought about this but now this has really gotten out of hand, its only a game. Bumbper stickers about real issues are obnoxious let alone one about dedicated servers in a game. At least all this rage is funny to watch.

XenoZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1027  Edited By XenoZak

lol, they are signature pictures and forum banners, Just because Brad suggests a possible use for them doesn't mean they are solely made for that xD Funny.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1028  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@mhkjtha said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL: Ok, so after bashing me for several pages over shit I didnt say, you're just gonna ignore the whole thing and try to steer the discussion in a different direction? Jesus christ, can't you atleast admit what a fucking idiot you are before you start grasping for straws? "

Im done explaining this to you.  You seem to have a sixth sense for hard drives with Halo 3 on them, and adding that to the number of physical disks and slapping a number of "over 10 million" to it.  Also I admitted you didn't say that half of 360 owners pirate games. I don't care about your whole "people are seeding it" argument.  The context of this started with PC guys pirating COD 4, and how that majorly impacted the SALES of it for the PC because they were playing the game without paying for it.  Every one in America could have Halo 3 on their hard drive, but unless they have a flashed 360 to play it on and burn it to a physical disk, they in fact can not play it, which wouldnt impact the sales of Halo 3 in any way shape or form.

You said, " you can bet your ass that every single person who has a modded/flashed 360 has a burned disc of [Halo 3]".  I asked you how many flashed 360s you think there are so I could get a handle on how many actual, playable, pirated copies you think there are of Halo 3 and therefore how many 360 owners pirate games.  Maybe I should have asked this directly, nevertheless, it doesn't matter.  When you said that there would be nothing to stop 360 owners from pirating a quarter of a billion games (which would equal total software sales on the console), I assume you think this number is impossibly high.      

So I will ask this again differently

1) How many pirated burnt copies of Halo 3 do you think exist?

2) How many flashed 360s do you think there are?

You only have to answer one question, because according to you, they both have the same answer. 
XenoZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1029  Edited By XenoZak

Man if i had some holes i needed digging, Reeeally big ones, id get ManFlannel to dig em.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1030  Edited By mhkjtha
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @mhkjtha said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL: Ok, so after bashing me for several pages over shit I didnt say, you're just gonna ignore the whole thing and try to steer the discussion in a different direction? Jesus christ, can't you atleast admit what a fucking idiot you are before you start grasping for straws? "

Im done explaining this to you.  You seem to have a sixth sense for hard drives with Halo 3 on them, and adding that to the number of physical disks and slapping a number of "over 10 million" to it.  Also I admitted you didn't say that half of 360 owners pirate games. I don't care about your whole "people are seeding it" argument.  The context of this started with PC guys pirating COD 4, and how that majorly impacted the SALES of it for the PC because they were playing the game without paying for it.  Every one in America could have Halo 3 on their hard drive, but unless they have a flashed 360 to play it on and burn it to a physical disk, they in fact can not play it, which wouldnt impact the sales of Halo 3 in any way shape or form.  You said, " you can bet your ass that every single person who has a modded/flashed 360 has a burned disc of [Halo 3]".  I asked you how many flashed 360s you think there are so I could get a handle on how many actual, playable, pirated copies you think there are of Halo 3 and therefore how many 360 owners pirate games.  Maybe I should have asked this directly, nevertheless, it doesn't matter.  When you said that there would be nothing to stop 360 owners from pirating a quarter of a billion games (which would equal total software sales on the console), I assume you think this number is impossibly high.        So I will ask this again differently 1) How many pirated burnt copies of Halo 3 do you think exist? 2) How many flashed 360s do you think there are? You only have to answer one question, because according to you, they both have the same answer.  "
After reading your post, I am 100% sure you haven't understood anything I've said (and/or misunderstood it). I'm not going to explain everything to you when I've already done so in my previous posts.
If you want to have an argument with me, go back and read my posts properly and then come back.
Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1031  Edited By Curufinwe

This video of an IW employee promoting the PC version of CoD 4:MW is equally sad and funny given what's happening with the sequel. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMfTR8PBrsE    

Basically, he says how great all the features are that have just been announced as missing from MW2.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1032  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@XenoZak said:
" Man if i had some holes i needed digging, Reeeally big ones, id get ManFlannel to dig em. "
I charge $17 an hour.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1033  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@mhkjtha said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @mhkjtha said:

Im done explaining this to you.  You seem to have a sixth sense for hard drives with Halo 3 on them, and adding that to the number of physical disks and slapping a number of "over 10 million" to it.  Also I admitted you didn't say that half of 360 owners pirate games. I don't care about your whole "people are seeding it" argument.  The context of this started with PC guys pirating COD 4, and how that majorly impacted the SALES of it for the PC because they were playing the game without paying for it.  Every one in America could have Halo 3 on their hard drive, but unless they have a flashed 360 to play it on and burn it to a physical disk, they in fact can not play it, which wouldnt impact the sales of Halo 3 in any way shape or form.  You said, " you can bet your ass that every single person who has a modded/flashed 360 has a burned disc of [Halo 3]".  I asked you how many flashed 360s you think there are so I could get a handle on how many actual, playable, pirated copies you think there are of Halo 3 and therefore how many 360 owners pirate games.  Maybe I should have asked this directly, nevertheless, it doesn't matter.  When you said that there would be nothing to stop 360 owners from pirating a quarter of a billion games (which would equal total software sales on the console), I assume you think this number is impossibly high.        So I will ask this again differently 1) How many pirated burnt copies of Halo 3 do you think exist? 2) How many flashed 360s do you think there are? You only have to answer one question, because according to you, they both have the same answer.  "
After reading your post, I am 100% sure you haven't understood anything I've said (and/or misunderstood it). I'm not going to explain everything to you when I've already done so in my previous posts.If you want to have an argument with me, go back and read my posts properly and then come back. "
So you are not going to answer the question?
XenoZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1034  Edited By XenoZak

No he already has you just don't seem to understand words or can't be bothered to read. Please stop reposting the same thing over and over again Manflannel, i swear this petty arguement is 50% of the posts here.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1035  Edited By mhkjtha
@MAN_FLANNEL: You haven't been responding to anything I've actually said either, so why should I?
Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Curufinwe said:
"
This video of an IW employee promoting the PC version of CoD 4:MW is equally sad and funny given what's happening with the sequel. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMfTR8PBrsE      Basically, he says how great all the features are that have just been announced as missing from MW2. "
Yeah, I always liked that dude, and now I know why. He was a founder of IW and I heard he either got pushed out or fired and he's doing some other work now for Activision.
Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1037  Edited By Winternet

Apparently PC is alive. Look at all this comments. Man_Flannel and mhkjtha get a room.

People will always crack games and play them without paying in the PC until playing in the PC stops to be so damn expensive. A very good PC cost over 1000 dollars. This is needed to play all the recent games with high quality. The hardware companies continue to create new hardware which then will be needed to play future games. Players need to buy new hardware, which means more expenses. This in a period of 1 / 1.5 years. It's unbearable. It's not like PC players want to play games without paying. 10million people pay every month to play WoW.

Vacancy009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1038  Edited By Vacancy009

Unfortunately it sucks to be a PC gamer right now.  Petitions and boycotts will really only do 1 thing, make more developers drop PC support.  Whether gamers like it or not Cheating and Piracy are huge concerns for developers.  Cheating deters those that don't from using a product and of course Piracy hits developers in their pockets.  So they come up with alternatives to satisfy their needs to provide fair gameplay and also make sure their product is supported monetarily by deterring piracy.  I know there are tons of PC gamers that don't pirate and are unfairly hurt by this which really sucks.  Your going to have to get used to it though because unless piracy and cheating drop down to negligable levels developers are going to try and protect their product more aggresively by taking an active role in how you play it.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1039  Edited By mhkjtha
@Winternet said:

A very good PC cost over 1000 dollars.

This is not true. A PC that maxes out most games costs 500-600 dollars if you custom build them.
The PC im on right now cost around 600, and it has an overpowered triple core CPU that most games don't even come close maxing out (crysis uses 40-50%). If I wouldve bought the dual core version of the same CPU i wouldve still gotten the same performance out of games (my GPU is the bottleneck) for roughly 500 dollars.

That said, it's still much more expensive then console gaming.
Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1040  Edited By Winternet
@mhkjtha said:
" @Winternet said:

This is not true. A PC that maxes out most games costs 500-600 dollars if you custom build them. The PC im on right now cost around 600, and it has an overpowered triple core CPU that most games don't even come close maxing out (crysis uses 40-50%). If I wouldve bought the dual core version of the same CPU i wouldve still gotten the same performance out of games (my GPU is the bottleneck) for roughly 500 dollars. That said, it's still much more expensive then console gaming. "
Sorry, I should have said I am not from America. It's still expensive in Europe.
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1041  Edited By mhkjtha
@Winternet said:
" @mhkjtha said:
" @Winternet said:

This is not true. A PC that maxes out most games costs 500-600 dollars if you custom build them. The PC im on right now cost around 600, and it has an overpowered triple core CPU that most games don't even come close maxing out (crysis uses 40-50%). If I wouldve bought the dual core version of the same CPU i wouldve still gotten the same performance out of games (my GPU is the bottleneck) for roughly 500 dollars. That said, it's still much more expensive then console gaming. "
Sorry, I should have said I am not from America. It's still expensive in Europe. "
I'm not from america either. I'm swedish.
Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1042  Edited By Winternet
@mhkjtha said:
" @Winternet said:
" @mhkjtha said:
" @Winternet said:

Sorry, I should have said I am not from America. It's still expensive in Europe. "
I'm not from america either. I'm swedish. "
Then I should move to Sweden...
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1043  Edited By mhkjtha
@Winternet: No, you don't. We're one of the most expensive countries in the world and we have the highest taxes in the world. :\
Dragonseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1044  Edited By Dragonseer
@Vacancy009 said:

Whether gamers like it or not Cheating and Piracy are huge concerns for developers.  Cheating deters those that don't from using a product and of course Piracy hits developers in their pockets.  So they come up with alternatives to satisfy their needs to provide fair gameplay and also make sure their product is supported monetarily by deterring piracy.  I know there are tons of PC gamers that don't pirate and are unfairly hurt by this which really sucks.  Your going to have to get used to it though because unless piracy and cheating drop down to negligable levels developers are going to try and protect their product more aggresively by taking an active role in how you play it.  

I get tired of hearing how the fact that piracy exists justifies crippling a product like this.  Look, back in the eighties, when music was on cassette tapes,  'piracy' was probably way more widespread.  The difference was that on the internet it can be tracked, whereas back then no one could tally up whenever you copied tapes on a double tape deck.  The music industry kept on going because it kept on making good music - plain and simple.  You have to look harder at why they are doing this, and it really stinks when you realise the broader agenda.  They are closing down the system so they can screw you over and nickel and dime you down the line - and if they degrade the multiplayer experience and screw up the community at the same time, well too bad.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1045  Edited By baconbits33
@FuzzYLemoN said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @FuzzYLemoN: When did playing on the PC become a gang? Seriously? wtf? I personally find PC gamers to be the whiniest and elitist bunch of gamers I've ever met. "
Having countless franchises and genres that you grew up with needlessly ripped away from you and stuffed onto an inferior platform is a pretty valid reason to be pissed off if you ask me. But alas, it's no use trying to explain to you. Different people have different opinions depending on what they grew up with, and our opinions obviously differ. "
Am I the only person here who sees this as spoiled and elitist? And I do play PC gaming, it was my first form of video gaming, I recently have almost completely stopped playing on the PC because of guys like you. It's just annoying, be happy you have a $700 computer for god sakes and stop bitching like a spoiled rich girl.
Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#1046  Edited By Nomin

I'd say good for them, They can do whatever they want with their products. Welcome to the next gen PC gaming, namely online downloaded and authenticated, pay per month service with strict piracy drms and rootkit level copy protection. PC is more or less emulated X360 to most developers now, and convergence is more or less bound to happen to reduce overhead anyway. Also thanks for welcoming me to last week.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1047  Edited By Gmanall

Someone will figure out how to crack it and then this will all be a giant nightmare.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baconbits33 said:
" @FuzzYLemoN said:
" @baconbits33 said:
Having countless franchises and genres that you grew up with needlessly ripped away from you and stuffed onto an inferior platform is a pretty valid reason to be pissed off if you ask me. But alas, it's no use trying to explain to you. Different people have different opinions depending on what they grew up with, and our opinions obviously differ. "
Am I the only person here who sees this as spoiled and elitist? And I do play PC gaming, it was my first form of video gaming, I recently have almost completely stopped playing on the PC because of guys like you. It's just annoying, be happy you have a $700 computer for god sakes and stop bitching like a spoiled rich girl. "
You're a console-only gamer. Of course you see someone stating facts about the PC platform as "elitist". If you were a Creationist you'd think a biologist was an "elitist" because he was speaking about the theory of evolution using facts. "Oh look at these elitists whining like little girls because we want to teach Creationism as a science in schools!!!11."

You can't set aside your own insecurity about the platform you chose to restrict yourself to, so you have to baselessly attack other gamers.
Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nomin said:
" I'd say good for them, They can do whatever they want with their products. Welcome to the next gen PC gaming, namely online downloaded and authenticated, pay per month service with strict piracy drms and rootkit level copy protection. PC is more or less emulated X360 to most developers now, and convergence is more or less bound to happen to reduce overhead anyway. Also thanks for welcoming me to last week. "
This increases overhead and reduces profit. Why the hell do you think people are bothering to voice their discontent?! If the +2million of us who bought the game on PC were pirates we couldn't care less if they dropped SADS. You are completely naive if you think this game won't be cracked and played online by the same number of people who did it last time and will continue to do it. They'll probably even have this game running on their own private dedi boxes within weeks. Meanwhile, the people who actually bought the PC game will move on to some other franchise and Activision lose hundreds of millions of potential revenue. I don't care if they made more on consoles, no one ignores that kind of revenue considering the development cost to profit ratio for a PC port.
FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1050  Edited By FuzzYLemoN
@baconbits33 said:
" @FuzzYLemoN said:
" @baconbits33 said:
Am I the only person here who sees this as spoiled and elitist? And I do play PC gaming, it was my first form of video gaming, I recently have almost completely stopped playing on the PC because of guys like you. It's just annoying, be happy you have a $700 computer for god sakes and stop bitching like a spoiled rich girl. "
Case in point. But anyway, what's the point of attacking someone's preference as vehemently as you are? If you disagree, just leave it at that. Your dispute has devolved into a string of aimless personal attacks, and it's getting annoying.
Now turn that frown upside down! :D