Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1053  Edited By baconbits33
@Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @FuzzYLemoN said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @FuzzYLemoN: When did playing on the PC become a gang? Seriously? wtf? I personally find PC gamers to be the whiniest and elitist bunch of gamers I've ever met. "
Having countless franchises and genres that you grew up with needlessly ripped away from you and stuffed onto an inferior platform is a pretty valid reason to be pissed off if you ask me. But alas, it's no use trying to explain to you. Different people have different opinions depending on what they grew up with, and our opinions obviously differ. "
Am I the only person here who sees this as spoiled and elitist? And I do play PC gaming, it was my first form of video gaming, I recently have almost completely stopped playing on the PC because of guys like you. It's just annoying, be happy you have a $700 computer for god sakes and stop bitching like a spoiled rich girl. "
You're a console-only gamer. Of course you see someone stating facts about the PC platform as "elitist". If you were a Creationist you'd think a biologist was an "elitist" because he was speaking about the theory of evolution using facts. "Oh look at these elitists whining like little girls because we want to teach Creationism as a science in schools!!!11."  You can't set aside your own insecurity about the platform you chose to restrict yourself to, so you have to baselessly attack other gamers. "
Attack other gamers? Creationism? Theory of Evolution? Whoa whoa whoa...... Now not only am I Agnostic, I believe that schools should teach the theory of evolution, while also teaching the theory of creationism, just so we have that straight, you can't actually assume someone else's principles and not expect them to come back and defend them, mainly because you were dead wrong. And you completely proved me right, I'm nice to PC gamers that I nice to me, however just like any other gamer who owns a very good console or a very expensive gaming PC and acts spoiled, I will treat them like crap and call them out. However I tend to find a lot more spoiled PC gamers then I do with console gamers. And no I'm not a console only gamer, I actually like to play PC because of the sharper controls, however I prefer to play on consoles because it's just very very fun and you meet a lot less complainers. Yeah sure you meet little 10 year olds who bitch constantly, but more often than not you tend to meet cool people and have a blast on the consoles. Where as with PC gamers, if you even tell them to shut up they try to find any way possible to ban you from the game or kick you out of the group.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1054  Edited By baconbits33
@FuzzYLemoN said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @FuzzYLemoN said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @FuzzYLemoN: When did playing on the PC become a gang? Seriously? wtf? I personally find PC gamers to be the whiniest and elitist bunch of gamers I've ever met. "
Having countless franchises and genres that you grew up with needlessly ripped away from you and stuffed onto an inferior platform is a pretty valid reason to be pissed off if you ask me. But alas, it's no use trying to explain to you. Different people have different opinions depending on what they grew up with, and our opinions obviously differ. "
Am I the only person here who sees this as spoiled and elitist? And I do play PC gaming, it was my first form of video gaming, I recently have almost completely stopped playing on the PC because of guys like you. It's just annoying, be happy you have a $700 computer for god sakes and stop bitching like a spoiled rich girl. "
Case in point. But anyway, what's the point of attacking someone's preference as vehemently as you are? If you disagree, just leave it at that. Your dispute has devolved into a string of aimless personal attacks, and it's getting annoying.Now turn that frown upside down! :D "
lol a little off topic but look at our past two comments and you'll notice they are almost identical in a way.
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1055  Edited By mhkjtha
@baconbits33 said:
Attack other gamers? Creationism? Theory of Evolution? Whoa whoa whoa...... Now not only am I Agnostic, I believe that schools should teach the theory of evolution, while also teaching the theory of creationism, just so we have that straight, you can't actually assume someone else's principles and not expect them to come back and defend them, mainly because you were dead wrong. And you completely proved me right, I'm nice to PC gamers that I nice to me, however just like any other gamer who owns a very good console or a very expensive gaming PC and acts spoiled, I will treat them like crap and call them out. However I tend to find a lot more spoiled PC gamers then I do with console gamers. And no I'm not a console only gamer, I actually like to play PC because of the sharper controls, however I prefer to play on consoles because it's just very very fun and you meet a lot less complainers. Yeah sure you meet little 10 year olds who bitch constantly, but more often than not you tend to meet cool people and have a blast on the consoles. Where as with PC gamers, if you even tell them to shut up they try to find any way possible to ban you from the game or kick you out of the group. "
As a christian I don't even consider creationism a theory, I consider it stupidity.
I know it's off-topic :P
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1056  Edited By baconbits33
@mhkjtha: Eh to each his own in your case lol.
Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baconbits33 said:

Attack other gamers? Creationism? Theory of Evolution? Whoa whoa whoa...... Now not only am I Agnostic, I believe that schools should teach the theory of evolution, while also teaching the theory of creationism, just so we have that straight, you can't actually assume someone else's principles and not expect them to come back and defend them, mainly because you were dead wrong. And you completely proved me right, I'm nice to PC gamers that I nice to me, however just like any other gamer who owns a very good console or a very expensive gaming PC and acts spoiled, I will treat them like crap and call them out. However I tend to find a lot more spoiled PC gamers then I do with console gamers. And no I'm not a console only gamer, I actually like to play PC because of the sharper controls, however I prefer to play on consoles because it's just very very fun and you meet a lot less complainers. Yeah sure you meet little 10 year olds who bitch constantly, but more often than not you tend to meet cool people and have a blast on the consoles. Where as with PC gamers, if you even tell them to shut up they try to find any way possible to ban you from the game or kick you out of the group. "

I was making an analogy between the Creationism Vs Science argument and console-only people calling PC gamers "elitists" because they correctly state the facts about SADS Vs p2p. I wasn't inferring your personal religious beliefs at all (although I hope to the various gods you don't think evolution is "just a theory" like Creationism, as you imply). The PC is not a standardised platform, therefore we need certain things to make a game functional that a standardised platform, like the console, does not. Calling us spoiled because we are expressing our discontent at losing something which cripples the games function is ignorant and just needlessly abrasive. Especially when it doesn't even concern you. 
My experiences with playing online PC Vs console are the complete opposite of yours but that is just subjective and irrelevant.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1058  Edited By baconbits33
@Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
" @baconbits33 said:

I was making an analogy between the Creationism Vs Science argument and console-only people calling PC gamers "elitists" because they correctly state the facts about SADS Vs p2p. I wasn't inferring your personal religious beliefs at all (although I hope to the various gods you don't think evolution is "just a theory" like Creationism, as you imply). The PC is not a standardised platform, therefore we need certain things to make a game functional that a standardised platform, like the console, does not. Calling us spoiled because we are expressing our discontent at losing something which cripples the games function is ignorant and just needlessly abrasive. Especially when it doesn't even concern you.  My experiences with playing online PC Vs console are the complete opposite of yours but that is just subjective and irrelevant. "
You obviously have not researched the theory of evolution and the theory of creationism, and the theory of extraterrestrialism (Yes it exists, it's the third theory, refer to Tom Cruise). And yes you guys are spoiled, you guys do not need Custom mods, and dedicated servers, those are not necessities for gaming on the PC! You still have online gaming at a better frame-rate than console gamers! Better loading times! You don't even pay for the damn online gaming! Seriously how do you not see how spoiled PC gamers that complain about Modern Warfare 2 are? You guys even mock console gamers 24/7 all the time too for not seeing how the PC is the best way to play games which is being elitist. And your analogy was a very very bad analogy, not only was it highly biased but it was wrong. And the reason you see it as being wrong is because you are a hardcore PC gamer! Which is perfectly fine, and congrats to you for enjoying playing on the PC, however when little add ons to games get taken off making the online play very similar to that of consoles, you need to calm down and look at how the PC version is still better than the console regardless.
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1059  Edited By mhkjtha

dont the console versions of COD run in 60 FPS anyway?
i guess it matters if you have a 120hz screen... but most people dont

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1060  Edited By Winternet
@mhkjtha said:

" @Winternet: No, you don't. We're one of the most expensive countries in the world and we have the highest taxes in the world. :\ "

But Sweden figures in a lot of index top 10 ( 7th Human Development Index, 9th GDP per capita, 10th life expectancy, 5th Quality-of-life index, 3rd index of technological achievement, etc.). If you guys don't live well, then I don't know who does.
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1061  Edited By mhkjtha
@Winternet said:
" @mhkjtha said:

" @Winternet: No, you don't. We're one of the most expensive countries in the world and we have the highest taxes in the world. :\ "

But Sweden figures in a lot of index top 10 ( 7th Human Development Index, 9th GDP per capita, 10th life expectancy, 5th Quality-of-life index, 3rd index of technological achievement, etc.). If you guys don't live well, then I don't know who does. "
were spoiled as fuck and live so well that i feel bad about it yes. but its still an extremly expensive country, and i think thats what we where talking about
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1062  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Page 36 and still no dedicated servers

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baconbits33 said
You obviously have not researched the theory of evolution and the theory of creationism, and the theory of extraterrestrialism (Yes it exists, it's the third theory, refer to Tom Cruise). And yes you guys are spoiled, you guys do not need Custom mods, and dedicated servers, those are not necessities for gaming on the PC! You still have online gaming at a better frame-rate than console gamers! Better loading times! You don't even pay for the damn online gaming! Seriously how do you not see how spoiled PC gamers that complain about Modern Warfare 2 are? You guys even mock console gamers 24/7 all the time too for not seeing how the PC is the best way to play games which is being elitist. And your analogy was a very very bad analogy, not only was it highly biased but it was wrong. And the reason you see it as being wrong is because you are a hardcore PC gamer! Which is perfectly fine, and congrats to you for enjoying playing on the PC, however when little add ons to games get taken off making the online play very similar to that of consoles, you need to calm down and look at how the PC version is still better than the console regardless. "
I really don't know how you have the gall to be so arrogant about things you clearly have no comprehension of. Forget about how you don't know what a scientific theory is. It's irrelevant. 

Read this as to your, again, complete ignorance as to how hardware standardisation effects PC users. You need to be informed on a topic before you wade in.
Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1064  Edited By Winternet
@mhkjtha said:
" @Winternet said:
" @mhkjtha said:

But Sweden figures in a lot of index top 10 ( 7th Human Development Index, 9th GDP per capita, 10th life expectancy, 5th Quality-of-life index, 3rd index of technological achievement, etc.). If you guys don't live well, then I don't know who does. "
were spoiled as fuck and live so well that i feel bad about it yes. but its still an extremly expensive country, and i think thats what we where talking about "
Yes, but expensive is relative. If your salary is 12000 dollars a month things become less expensive than having a 4000 salary and the prices are the same.
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1065  Edited By mhkjtha

well why dont you come to sweden, work here for a year and see what you think about the prices and the taxes (in relation to your salary). :\ this country IS expensive, beleive me

edit: and back to the original point, i was roughly translating swedish money->us dollars, and the prices of the stuff i bought is cheaper in the us if anything. a gaming pc does not cost 1000 dollars dude.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1066  Edited By bhhawks78

AWWWW boo hoo pc elitists you get the same featues as console gamers at the same price with better graphics/control.  Cry me a fucking river.   Pc sold about 1.5 million to like 14 million on consoles?  Maybe 10% of that 1.5 million actually give a shit, and most of them will still buy it anyways.  I wish I worked at activision right now just to laugh at you harder.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1067  Edited By CL60
@bhhawks78 said:
" AWWWW boo hoo pc elitists you get the same featues as console gamers at the same price with better graphics/control.  Cry me a fucking river.   Pc sold about 1.5 million to like 14 million on consoles?  Maybe 10% of that 1.5 million actually give a shit, and most of them will still buy it anyways.  I wish I worked at activision right now just to laugh at you harder. "
Just stop,  comments like this are the reason this thread has gone all to shit. Just go away if you plan on making comments like this. Especially when you have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1068  Edited By Milkman

Why are people still posting in this? Can we move on please?

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1069  Edited By mhkjtha

I have yet to meet a person interested in MW2 who isnt upset over this :\
this is a huge deal, and if you dont understand what this means or the advantages of a dedicated server then stfu

sammpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1070  Edited By sammpoo
@Milkman said:
" Why are people still posting in this? Can we move on please? "
that's funny because you just posted in this thread and bumped it back up to the top of the main forums page just as it was about to die

and since I'm posting here I may as well say that PCs suck anyway and I don't know why you even come to GB if you love PC gaming because clearly Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, and Brad clearly think they suck.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1071  Edited By Milkman
@sammpoo: Actually, it was already at the top. The post before mine was less than a minute old when I posted. And no, the staff does not think PCs "suck"
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1072  Edited By baconbits33
@Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
" @baconbits33 said
You obviously have not researched the theory of evolution and the theory of creationism, and the theory of extraterrestrialism (Yes it exists, it's the third theory, refer to Tom Cruise). And yes you guys are spoiled, you guys do not need Custom mods, and dedicated servers, those are not necessities for gaming on the PC! You still have online gaming at a better frame-rate than console gamers! Better loading times! You don't even pay for the damn online gaming! Seriously how do you not see how spoiled PC gamers that complain about Modern Warfare 2 are? You guys even mock console gamers 24/7 all the time too for not seeing how the PC is the best way to play games which is being elitist. And your analogy was a very very bad analogy, not only was it highly biased but it was wrong. And the reason you see it as being wrong is because you are a hardcore PC gamer! Which is perfectly fine, and congrats to you for enjoying playing on the PC, however when little add ons to games get taken off making the online play very similar to that of consoles, you need to calm down and look at how the PC version is still better than the console regardless. "
I really don't know how you have the gall to be so arrogant about things you clearly have no comprehension of. Forget about how you don't know what a scientific theory is. It's irrelevant. 

Read this as to your, again, complete ignorance as to how hardware standardisation effects PC users. You need to be informed on a topic before you wade in. "
You haven't proved me wrong on a damned thing! As a matter of fact, all your links were completely biased, especially your PC one. The PC one just proved I was right too, your guys' method of online gaming is the same as consoles now! Yet you still get free online play, but you might have to pay for DLCs which in my opinion is perfect! You guys shouldn't get free DLC's, everyone else pays for them! You just proved you guys are spoiled. And that just a theory website was a bunch of bullshit, as a matter of fact every year there are more holes found in teh theory of evolution than any other theory out there.
gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1073  Edited By gike987

If you know nothing better than trolling and insulting people, stop posting!
I'm getting sick of all the console fanboys childish insults.
Are you really that desperate to insult people on a subject that dose not matter to you, you have some pretty big problems.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baconbits33 said:
You haven't proved me wrong on a damned thing! As a matter of fact, all your links were completely biased, especially your PC one. The PC one just proved I was right too, your guys' method of online gaming is the same as consoles now! Yet you still get free online play, but you might have to pay for DLCs which in my opinion is perfect! You guys shouldn't get free DLC's, everyone else pays for them! You just proved you guys are spoiled. And that just a theory website was a bunch of bullshit, as a matter of fact every year there are more holes found in teh theory of evolution than any other theory out there. " 
I'd like to think you are embarrassing yourself by continuing to dig that hole of ignorance, but I guess you really are that stupid. You can go back to watching Glenn Beck now.
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1075  Edited By nail1080
@Milkman said:
" @sammpoo: Actually, it was already at the top. The post before mine was less than a minute old when I posted. And no, the staff does not think PCs "suck" "
umm about the PC thing... well Jeff and Ryan defo don't seem like the type to play PCs, not so sure about Viiny and Brad. But the lack of PC coverage on the site shows me that they're not interested in them...
swampwalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1076  Edited By swampwalk

I have a quick question for those who had planned to purchase the PC version of MW2.

At this point if Infinity Ward/Activision reinstates dedicated servers for MW2 would you go back to the original plan and purchase the game, or would you not support them anymore on principle?

This is a genuine question.

XenoZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1077  Edited By XenoZak
@MAN_FLANNEL: Now your Just Trolling. Gtfo.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1078  Edited By CL60
@XenoZak said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL: Now your Just Trolling. Gtfo. "
He has always just been trolling.

Anyway. Everybody, just stop it with the insults..
Avatar image for italianstallion
ItalianStallion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Canceled my pre-order with Walmart. This is ridiculous, dedicated servers do not cost much and it has become a standard amongst PC gamers. Call of Duty is a PC franchise, not a console franchise. Stop short-changing us PC gamers who have been loyal to you since the first Call of Duty. I'm very disappointed in Infinity Ward.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swampwalk said:
" I have a quick question for those who had planned to purchase the PC version of MW2.  At this point if Infinity Ward/Activision reinstates dedicated servers for MW2 would you go back to the original plan and purchase the game, or would you not support them anymore on principle?  This is a genuine question. "
I'd buy it.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1081  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@XenoZak said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL: Now your Just Trolling. Gtfo. "
I asked you guys a question salty cheeks
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1082  Edited By baconbits33
@Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
" @baconbits33 said:
You haven't proved me wrong on a damned thing! As a matter of fact, all your links were completely biased, especially your PC one. The PC one just proved I was right too, your guys' method of online gaming is the same as consoles now! Yet you still get free online play, but you might have to pay for DLCs which in my opinion is perfect! You guys shouldn't get free DLC's, everyone else pays for them! You just proved you guys are spoiled. And that just a theory website was a bunch of bullshit, as a matter of fact every year there are more holes found in teh theory of evolution than any other theory out there. " 
I'd like to think you are embarrassing yourself by continuing to dig that hole of ignorance, but I guess you really are that stupid. You can go back to watching Glenn Beck now. "
Glenn Beck? Why the fuck would I watch him? You just completely took a huge leap so that you could change the subject away from your own stupidity. Being that I am right.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1083  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@baconbits33 said:

Glenn Beck? Why the fuck would I watch him?
Because you believe small children rode velociraptors?
feigr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1084  Edited By feigr
@mhkjtha said:
" well why dont you come to sweden, work here for a year and see what you think about the prices and the taxes (in relation to your salary). :\ this country IS expensive, beleive me  edit: and back to the original point, i was roughly translating swedish money->us dollars, and the prices of the stuff i bought is cheaper in the us if anything. a gaming pc does not cost 1000 dollars dude. "
You got off pretty easy there. I bought a new PC 2 years ago and it cost me 3000 dollars, but that included a monitor. I live in Sweden too btw.
silverback1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1085  Edited By silverback1138

I'm very pissed off about this to be honest.  I've been a huge follower of the series since the original CoD and even longer, the team responsible, Infinity Ward since their days with MoH:Allied Assault with 2015.  I know that Giantbomb's guys are mainly console gamers but while I also game on the console, there are reasons that I, just like my PC bretheren are upset. 

First off, you have to understand the idea with dedicated servers and mods.  While IWNet looks good on paper, if you really think about it, there's a ton of stuff that the PC gamers are going to lose.  Having played both CoD4 on X360 and PC, I think I can provide some good insight on these complaints.  First off, users are the ones that run these servers or pay to run them. It doesn't cost IW anything to run them.   Not only that, the servers are constant.  On XBL if someone /ragequits on the middle of a game, the game would dump everyone back into the waiting area.  Granted that with the server migration, it looks for someone to take over but imagine having the game pause a couple of times for several seconds.  Dedicated servers also provide a constant party with everyone.  This builds community.  You can pick which servers where you like the crowd that players.   It doesn't dump you back waiting to be put on a new server, but just loads the next map.  The server browser also allows you to pick servers based on your preferences.  Like ping, numbers of players (Usually up to 50) and levels.  Serverside, they can also tweak settings.  You hate martyrdom, find a server that has it turned off, you hate the map, Bloc, find a server with a map rotation you like.   Now about the cheaters and such.  Most servers have admins that now only boot/ban cheaters but griefers as well.   

This is just part of it along with the mods.  Some of the PS3 gamers have already gotten a taste with UT 3 concerning mods.  The features that they are taking out for Modern Warfare 2 is going to gimp the game hard and not only that but fracture the community.  This is a big mistake.  It only saddens me that one of my favorite developers is becoming like this.  I'm opting to cancel my pre-order on one of my most anticipated games of this year just like many of the hardcore PC gamers unless we see a favorable response from IW/Activision.  These positives that Robert Bowling is talking really aren't considering what we are losing.  CoD4 may be my last CoD.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1086  Edited By Hamz

Continue discussion about the recent news associated to MW2's PC version but stop the disruptive and derailing discussion about other subjects in relation to other topics on the forum!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#1087  Edited By ZombiePie

Man..there's a lot of senseless bickering about this. I'm not going to pass any judgment over the issue until the game comes out. How knows maybe their replacement for dedicated servers is just as good or maybe even better.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZombiePie said:

" Man..there's a lot of senseless bickering about this. I'm not going to pass any judgment over the issue until the game comes out. How knows maybe their replacement for dedicated servers is just as good or maybe even better. "

Anyone who's played PC FPS online in the past decade already knows. Do you think if IW really thought IW.net was an improvement for PC gamers that they would have released this information months ago, instead of leaking it three weeks before launch? Or even releasing an open BETA so people could see how IW created magic netcode that would go, even some way, to substantiating the complete horseshit they have been spouting.
silverback1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1089  Edited By silverback1138
@Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
"@ZombiePie said:

" Man..there's a lot of senseless bickering about this. I'm not going to pass any judgment over the issue until the game comes out. How knows maybe their replacement for dedicated servers is just as good or maybe even better. "

Anyone who's played PC FPS online in the past decade already knows. Do you think if IW really thought IW.net was an improvement for PC gamers that they would have released this information months ago, instead of leaking it three weeks before launch? Or even releasing an open BETA so people could see how IW created magic netcode that would go, even some way, to substantiating the complete horseshit they have been spouting. "

My thoughts exactly.  They could've tried to sell it to us.  Considering every attempt from other developer just as talented as them has failed miserably.  Instead of this, "Cough cough, ::whispers:: We took out dedicated servers and mod tools::cough::"  They totally tried to snake us.  They knew we would be pissed about this so they tried to ninja it by us.
Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1090  Edited By Ubiquitous

@swampwalk said:

" I have a quick question for those who had planned to purchase the PC version of MW2.  At this point if Infinity Ward/Activision reinstates dedicated servers for MW2 would you go back to the original plan and purchase the game, or would you not support them anymore on principle?  This is a genuine question. "

I would buy it if they did decide to give support for dedicated servers. I'd buy it twice as hard if they issued mod tools. But until this happens, I'll hold off. There are plenty of other games that I'd like to play and support.
silverback1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1091  Edited By silverback1138
@Ubiquitous said:

@swampwalk said:

I would buy it if they did decide to give support for dedicated servers. I'd buy it twice as hard if they issued mod tools. But until this happens, I'll hold off. There are plenty of other games that I'd like to play and support. "

Not only would I buy the game.  I would buy it as a gift for several friends and family members for Christmas.  I was planning on buying the PC version from them from the get go.  That's at least 4 copies of the PC version.
Sykosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1092  Edited By Sykosis

man the guys at Giantbomb must have a lot of patience to let this topic go like this. I think this has gone a little too out of proportion. I would expect a reaction like this if they said they were going to take out multiplayer or something.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1093  Edited By mhkjtha
@swampwalk said:
"I have a quick question for those who had planned to purchase the PC version of MW2.  At this point if Infinity Ward/Activision reinstates dedicated servers for MW2 would you go back to the original plan and purchase the game, or would you not support them anymore on principle?  This is a genuine question. "

As a person who hasn't played CoD multiplayer since the second installment, yes I would buy it.
Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1094  Edited By Hats
@Sykosis said:
" man the guys at Giantbomb must have a lot of patience to let this topic go like this. I think this has gone a little too out of proportion. I would expect a reaction like this if they said they were going to take out multiplayer or something. "
for anyone outside of Europe or the US they pretty much are
Dragonseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1095  Edited By Dragonseer
@Hats said:
" @Sykosis said:
" man the guys at Giantbomb must have a lot of patience to let this topic go like this. I think this has gone a little too out of proportion. I would expect a reaction like this if they said they were going to take out multiplayer or something. "
for anyone outside of Europe or the US they pretty much are "
This.  Some of these people should try online gaming in Australia, and see what happens when you try to use the matchmaking on Street FIghter 4 or something.  Yuk.
Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1096  Edited By Hats
@Dragonseer said:

" @Hats said:

" @Sykosis said:

for anyone outside of Europe or the US they pretty much are "
This.  Some of these people should try online gaming in Australia, and see what happens when you try to use the matchmaking on Street FIghter 4 or something.  Yuk. "

I don't own a Xbox but the ps3 network is fucked in Aus when you try to find a public match on anything so sick of getting stuck in Japanese Killzone2 pistol only match's
 I cant imagine its much better on Xbox Live
anyway the real point of me posting a follow up 

Vacancy009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1097  Edited By Vacancy009
@Dragonseer: The music business sold a prodcut that retailed for 10 bucks and salaries and comission were based off of total sales.  If your band couldnt come up with a hit single they wouldn't spend a lot of money to promote you. They weren't paying 10 to 50 designers 80-200k a year to put out a product.  Gaming doesn't get extra income from touring or merchandise sales (they get some of merch but it is a drop in the bucket in comparison).  The product they put out also didn't require a $300 plus purchase to reach its customers like buying a pc.  Not only that but it is a fact that piracy hurt the music industry,  It is no longer what it was because of that fact.  They  sue people over it. 
mrmoneda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1098  Edited By mrmoneda
@Heartagram said:
"If you are going to not play what is sure to be a fantastic game because the online is not set up perfectly for your needs then you are stupid."
Actually I consider that a completely valid reason not to buy something. I mean, the bumper stickers are a bit much, but not buying something because it's not what you want seems to make perfect sense to me.
ShadowDoGG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1099  Edited By ShadowDoGG

They took our jeeerrbs!

Shibbxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1100  Edited By Shibbxyz

can i get a game of 40+ people on there IWnet?