Ticked off former 360 supporter - Microsoft your losing me

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DevilishSix

I have supported Microsoft since the original Xbox launched.  Maybe I always look to the underdog to support.  It felt right arguing with all the Sony fanboy and PS2 supporters back in the day on System Wars (you veterans know what I am talking about).   Bring down the big bad Playstation giant seemed to be the motto...after all Sony had won the prior generation and PS2 was kicking butt.  The Xbox had the best graphics (on console) and the Live service was expanding, I was getting into Halo and Ninja Gaiden was one of my favorites.  Microsoft was really trying to win me over as a gamer.

I preordered a 360 in June 2005 and was one of only 10 people in my area to have it on launch day. Gears comes out within a year, Crackdown and Halo 3 are released, then Gears 2 and Fable 2 as well as NXE update and all seems right.

However, since the beginning of the year, me and a few of my friends have been evaluating things a bit:

First, 3 Elites and my son's Pro has broken down on me in the last 18 months (3 RROD and 1 E74 error).  That is a pain in the ass even having a warranty, its inconvient to keep calling for a service request and sending in my consoles.

Second, my friends and I have noticed that all these "SUPPOSED" 360 exclusives do not in fact exist because they go to PS3 later and sometimes are even the better version (ala Bioshock) there is list of games touted as 360 exclusive that can be had on PS3 now.   I think the last straw was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 now for PS3 with 30% more content, better graphics, co-op, etc.  Screw these supposed third party exclusives.

Third, Microsoft is in terrible shape (in my eyes) as a first party developer...in just a few short years they have shut down Digital Anvil, FASA, and Ensemble Studios, plus Bungie wanted out.

I look at exclusives and first party support to keep me coming back to a specific platform and I am not feeling it from Microsoft anymore.  Look at the only game announced at this point Halo: ODST, which to me seems like a rental at best since I have the multiplayer one my Halo 3 disc and the single player to be 6 - 8 hour is not purchase worthy.  Look if your going to offer a gaming platform you better damn well have a first party development house to support it.

So, I have been thinking even with E3, what does Microsoft have or what could they have?  Did they shot their load the last two years?  At this point, unless they WOW me at E3, that answer is not much.  I see Forza 3 and maybe a Perfect Dark or Killer Instinct.  Maybe just maybe a Crackdown 2 announcement....other than that I don't think Microsoft has anything left and are sitting on their laurels and have peed away all their developers....shame on you Microsoft and I will speak with my game dollars elsewhere.

I bought my PS3 in 2007 and really had not played it since Uncharted launched, but started getting back into it the beginning of the this year.  Killzone 2 is great, Infamous is around the corner, Uncharted 2, MAG, Ratchet & Clank, GOW 3, and Heavy Rain are coming.  Plus Sony seems to have some big plans this E3 and I just don't see Microsoft even keeping up. 

Imagine with all thats upcoming for PS3 and if Kojima announces a Metal Gear Solid 5 and  Team Ico shows their game it will steal the show.

So I am really looking forward to my PS3 lineup and am extremely disappointed and underwhelmed with what the 360 scene has currently going on.  Microsoft better give me some must have moments or it will be PS3 only for me and I will let me XBL subscription expire in August (I will not pay $50 a year just for crossgame voice chat) unless they give me something worth keeping for.

Anyone else that was a big Xbox supporter finding yourself attracted to the PS3 and whats coming up.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

seems more like blog material to me.
as for that i've had both systems since launch and i own 32 games for my 360...2 for my ps3 i've rented ps3 games here and there otherwise its not had a single game on it worth the 60 dollars to me.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MrGetBonus

I've recently lost interest in my 360 as well. I've had my PS3 since launch but really only been gettin into it with the release of KZ2. After that, picked up LBP and MGS4 an am really lookin forward to Infamous. I've always been a PC person and the PS3 feels closer to a PC then the 360 which is why I think I like it so much now. I have a strong hatred for matchmaking also. If I hadn't spent $180 on an arcade stick for my 360 I prolly wouldn't be playing it anymore.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Drebin_893

Probably better suited to a blog post, just for future reference.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Nope, I'm completely happy with my 360, it has never broken down on me, it performs superbly, I have a ton of games for it, and the exclusivity line is so minimal it really doesn't warrant my attention. So I will continue sitting on my couch and play my 360.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus

I'm happy with my 360 as well. There's so many games on that system that I still need to play, I'll never go without a game to play.

The PlayStation 3 has been attracting me lately though, because they've got a few exclusives that I really want to play. However, most of your points can be mirrored on the PS3 side as well. Sony has lost a lot of their exclusives to Microsoft, and Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy 13 coming to Xbox as well.

The only thing that really bugs me is the issue of hardware failure. I've had to replace my Xbox one time in the past 2 years. It was annoying to have to go 3 weeks without my Xbox, but in hindsight, it wasn't really a big deal.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

As the exclusives keep piling up for the PS3, I get more and more tempted to get one. I think the 360 is great, but dammit, there's a few games on the PS3 that I want to play. I'm basically waiting on a nice price cut and maybe a PSThree redesign, and then I'll get one.

Another thing that bugs me is the amount of games released on the 360 and are touted as exclusive, and are then also made for the PS3 a year later with a ton of added content. It really bugs me, but yet the 360 has the advantage of generally getting exclusive DLC like the Lost and Damned and the Fallout 3 DLC.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

It sounds like your only looking into the future.  What have we learned from the past?  Sony = over promise, under deliver, opposite for MS
What if Bungie were to announce their next game, rare showed it's 4 games on the table, lionhead as well, turn 10, etc.--->  it's what sony is doing.  They just do it too damn early.

Do you notice that the Ps3 has only put out 1 game this year that's really good?  On the other side, while the 360 didn't get a AAA title, it's had some rather solid games already.  
Dunno about you, but I live in the present.  Tell em about the future, that's fine, but I realize that a curtain is in front of the majority of it

The poster above me said that exclusives keep on piling up on the ps3.  I completely disagree.  They really haven't.  Only if you go ahead of yourself and count future titles.  Then, well, why not do the smae with other consoles?
\Don'y worry about it, MS is going to have a fucking epic E3. You'll see.

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By DevilishSix
SmugDarkLoser said:
"It sounds like your only looking into the future.  What have we learned from the past?  Sony = over promise, under deliver, opposite for MSWhat if Bungie were to announce their next game, rare showed it's 4 games on the table, lionhead as well, turn 10, etc.--->  it's what sony is doing.  They just do it too damn early. Do you notice that the Ps3 has only put out 1 game this year that's really good?  On the other side, while the 360 didn't get a AAA title, it's had some rather solid games already.   Dunno about you, but I live in the present.  Tell em about the future, that's fine, but I realize that a curtain is in front of the majority of itThe poster above me said that exclusives keep on piling up on the ps3.  I completely disagree.  They really haven't.  Only if you go ahead of yourself and count future titles.  Then, well, why not do the smae with other consoles?\Don'y worry about it, MS is going to have a fucking epic E3. You'll see."

I wish I could share your optimism but yesterday Don MAttrick came out and said that after MS E3 conference "it will change our view about home entertainment forever".  Well you know I don't give two craps about changing my view of home entertainment.  I want to hear "We have some kick ass games coming".   Software is king in my eyes.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

How was BIoshock of all things better on PS3... I could understand if you were talking about Tales of Vepseria, but Bioshock? Come on... In my eyes the PS3 and the 360 seem about equal. They all get the same multi platform titles like Final Fantasy XIII, Fallout 3 and GTAIV, and have a few of their own exclusives each. Ie, Halo, God of War, Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc. They seem equal to me, and anyone with one or the other is probably equally happy as they get most of the same games and then some. Me, I'm happy with my PC and Wii for the same reason, I get most of the same big multiplatform titles on PC and a fair share of exclusives both on PC and on my Wii. It's all good really, there are plenty of games on every platform. If you have more than one system, you have more choice obviously, but if you only have one, regardless of which one, there's more games than the average person should be able to spend time on or afford anyway. RROD is bad though.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

yeah i agree. after my 360 broke for the 4th time this time last year, i traded up for a ps3 and haven't looked back since.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By get2sammyb

The PS3 is starting to power now. If Sony can somehow break down that price barrier and this "perception" problem they seem to have I think there will be no looking back.

I initially chose PS3 because of 360 hardware issues and my loathing of the XBOX Live community. At the time, many of my peers thought I was making the wrong choice but; a) I've not regretted it; b) Many others are starting to change their tune now.

The fact is, the PS3 is so much better equipped. The hardware is as flawless as electronics come, Sony have a MASSIVE first-party/second-party devpool, 360 barely holds the "multiplatform" format edge anymore, PSN promotes (in my opinion) a much better range of innovative content, the online functionality is closer to XBOX Live than any other console competitor and is free, the exclusives list is more varied and is only growing where Microsoft's isn't, Blu-Ray/the Cell/constant firmware updates mean the PS3 may be capable of outliving is 10-year lifecycle, etc.

Microsoft are competing on price alone at the moment. Maybe you can factor in XBOX Live but I really don't feel the advancements are so great as to warrant the price tag. Alas - Microsoft still have E3 to change their fortunes, but they're going to need quite a lot.

When you look at Sony's E3 you can SAFELY assume that: Uncharted 2, God Of War III, Heavy Rain, ratchet & Clank and MAG are all going to feature. That's the lineup we can presume - not even factoring in surprises (which we know will appear in some form).

Sony are hitting their gears right now... and their first parties mean no one else will see the content. No PC version. No 360 port down the line. By the time God Of War III is released, Killzone 3 will be on the horizon, by the times that's out perhaps we'll see a new Jak & Daxter -- Sony are constantly rotating franchises aswell as developing new ones.

Of course, Microsoft might have a new Killer Instinct game or something. However, I sensed a problem for Microsoft at last years E3 when the best they could muster in terms of big announcements were the securing of a PS3 franchise (something Microsoft have been eager to do from the start, taking previous Playstation franchises) and DLC. When the best you can announce is a game that's already in development for the competitor, I failed to see where the XBOX "fanboys" were manufacturing their "victory" from -- especially when Sony  were busy talking Resistance 2, Motorstom Pacific Rift, LittleBigPlanet and God Of War III. Fair enough - you might not like any of those games, but the point is, the Playstation is growing where I see the competition standing still right now. PERHAPS E3 will change my mind. But I can't see anyone bettering Sony this year, even if they only bring new snippets of games already announced.

Fact is, Sony knew the third-parties were going to go multiplatform. That's why they've built an enormous first-party team who are constantly rotating through some of the biggest franchises in the industry. And while I fear the Playstation 3 may never become a mainstream commercial product, for us gamers, I don't see how anyone can deny the lineup Sony are building.

XuShin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By XuShin

Well I to was with Devilish on the issue of Xbox 360 being my only console but alas in the past couple of months I've been driven to the Darkside... :P Yes I obtained my PS3 in April and l have yet to regret it...Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and Resistance 2 all Kick A##...plus I think this year is Sony's turn to shine and from what I can tell...The Future is so bright for Sony everyone better put their shades on...Yeeeaaahhh!!! Later...

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pibo47
WilliamRLBaker said:
"seems more like blog material to me.as for that i've had both systems since launch and i own 32 games for my 360...2 for my ps3 i've rented ps3 games here and there otherwise its not had a single game on it worth the 60 dollars to me."
Im kinda in the same boat as you.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Vinchenzo
Pibo47 said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"seems more like blog material to me.as for that i've had both systems since launch and i own 32 games for my 360...2 for my ps3 i've rented ps3 games here and there otherwise its not had a single game on it worth the 60 dollars to me."
Im kinda in the same boat as you."
I will have to agree with this statement as well.

Other than everyone else in this thread, when I bought a PS3 I highly regretted it. Now I'm rid of it and happy. I feel I'm the type of person that only wants to play one system.
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pibo47
get2sammyb said:
"The PS3 is starting to power now. If Sony can somehow break down that price barrier and this "perception" problem they seem to have I think there will be no looking back.I initially chose PS3 because of 360 hardware issues and my loathing of the XBOX Live community. At the time, many of my peers thought I was making the wrong choice but; a) I've not regretted it; b) Many others are starting to change their tune now.The fact is, the PS3 is so much better equipped. The hardware is as flawless as electronics come, Sony have a MASSIVE first-party/second-party devpool, 360 barely holds the "multiplatform" format edge anymore, PSN promotes (in my opinion) a much better range of innovative content, the online functionality is closer to XBOX Live than any other console competitor and is free, the exclusives list is more varied and is only growing where Microsoft's isn't, Blu-Ray/the Cell/constant firmware updates mean the PS3 may be capable of outliving is 10-year lifecycle, etc.Microsoft are competing on price alone at the moment. Maybe you can factor in XBOX Live but I really don't feel the advancements are so great as to warrant the price tag. Alas - Microsoft still have E3 to change their fortunes, but they're going to need quite a lot.When you look at Sony's E3 you can SAFELY assume that: Uncharted 2, God Of War III, Heavy Rain, ratchet & Clank and MAG are all going to feature. That's the lineup we can presume - not even factoring in surprises (which we know will appear in some form).Sony are hitting their gears right now... and their first parties mean no one else will see the content. No PC version. No 360 port down the line. By the time God Of War III is released, Killzone 3 will be on the horizon, by the times that's out perhaps we'll see a new Jak & Daxter -- Sony are constantly rotating franchises aswell as developing new ones.Of course, Microsoft might have a new Killer Instinct game or something. However, I sensed a problem for Microsoft at last years E3 when the best they could muster in terms of big announcements were the securing of a PS3 franchise (something Microsoft have been eager to do from the start, taking previous Playstation franchises) and DLC. When the best you can announce is a game that's already in development for the competitor, I failed to see where the XBOX "fanboys" were manufacturing their "victory" from -- especially when Sony  were busy talking Resistance 2, Motorstom Pacific Rift, LittleBigPlanet and God Of War III. Fair enough - you might not like any of those games, but the point is, the Playstation is growing where I see the competition standing still right now. PERHAPS E3 will change my mind. But I can't see anyone bettering Sony this year, even if they only bring new snippets of games already announced.Fact is, Sony knew the third-parties were going to go multiplatform. That's why they've built an enormous first-party team who are constantly rotating through some of the biggest franchises in the industry. And while I fear the Playstation 3 may never become a mainstream commercial product, for us gamers, I don't see how anyone can deny the lineup Sony are building."
Fanboys ladies and gents...they are all morons.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By OmegaPirate

I would actually say that was quite a valid statement tbh mate

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Eelcire

Honestly though, get2sammyb's post reads the same as posts last year, and the year before that. The points are valid only if you're not really following all the systems closely. I am not that interested in the Wii except for a few titles, therefore my perception of what the platform offers will be different than to someone who is more excited for the platform and what it offers.

Sony likes to show off all their stuff very early, then deliver later; whereas Microsoft seems content in keeping quiet on their develeopment, mainly showing off titles that they will be able to deliver within a shorter time period. You can't really believe that Microsoft has been working on nothing now, can you? I do applaud Sony on their first party efforts, and hope that Microsoft is able to strengthen their portfolio with the studios that they [still] have.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Vinchenzo

You can go to PS3, but trust me, you'll be back. This isn't a religion where all of a sudden you pick up on it and preach the "good word". Get over yourself, TC.

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bjorno
you're