Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -

OK, people, the time is now. If you want to stand up and be heard, then you should start thinking about your ten favorite games of 2010. Create them using our list tools, and your picks will be counted when we tabulate the results and show you your Game of the Year next month. Here's how it works.

1. Go to a page for a game you want to add to your list.
  2. Hit the Add to List button in the upper-right corner of the page.
  3. Press the big "52nd Annual End of Year Top 10 Games" button to create your list.
  4. Add ten games to that list and make sure they're in order!

This! This is what I'm talking about! 
You can fool around with your list, we won't be taking the final tally until sometime in January. Also, if you've already created a list, you can make it count by renaming it "Best of 2010" via the list editing tool.

We'll count your first pick for 10 points, the second for nine, and so on, so again, make sure your list is in order. Games that didn't actually come out this year will be, like, disqualified, OK? So don't bother doing that.

Meanwhile, we've got all of our picks settled and we'll start rolling out our picks across multiple categories next week. So spend some time reflecting on the year and get your list built!
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -

OK, people, the time is now. If you want to stand up and be heard, then you should start thinking about your ten favorite games of 2010. Create them using our list tools, and your picks will be counted when we tabulate the results and show you your Game of the Year next month. Here's how it works.

1. Go to a page for a game you want to add to your list.
  2. Hit the Add to List button in the upper-right corner of the page.
  3. Press the big "52nd Annual End of Year Top 10 Games" button to create your list.
  4. Add ten games to that list and make sure they're in order!

This! This is what I'm talking about! 
You can fool around with your list, we won't be taking the final tally until sometime in January. Also, if you've already created a list, you can make it count by renaming it "Best of 2010" via the list editing tool.

We'll count your first pick for 10 points, the second for nine, and so on, so again, make sure your list is in order. Games that didn't actually come out this year will be, like, disqualified, OK? So don't bother doing that.

Meanwhile, we've got all of our picks settled and we'll start rolling out our picks across multiple categories next week. So spend some time reflecting on the year and get your list built!
Staff
#2 Edited by Jayross (2365 posts) -

If I put 200+ hours into Bad Company 2, but the singleplayer was underwhelming and the multiplayer maps too small, can it still be my Game of the Year? 

Mass Effect 2 is #8 on my list. There.  

Best of 2010

#3 Edited by Bigbombomb (677 posts) -

Sounds great, I'll try to see if I could put some games on this list, I haven't played a lot this year.

#4 Edited by Hourai (2795 posts) -
#5 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

It begins

#6 Posted by RecSpec (3752 posts) -

Done.

#7 Posted by Archangel0713 (12 posts) -

holy crap what came out this year?

#8 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

I just has 8 to put onto my list.

#9 Edited by HT101 (1151 posts) -

I will get to figuring out my list when I have a little more time on my hands

#10 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Can I have less than 10 in my list? 

I've been so busy at work, I haven't had time to play 10 games released this year. In fact ever since I got an income, I've been mostly catching up by buying older games. I got New Vegas at launch and I still haven't played it.

#11 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
" It begins "
Yes. Yes it does.
#12 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Mmm... maybe I'll throw some iPhone games into my list for good measure.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -
@Archangel0713 said:
" holy crap what came out this year? "
Fragile Dreams, for one. But because nobody likes existential versions of a better Silent Hill 2, it's only gonna get, like, 35 points.
#14 Posted by HaroldoNVU (591 posts) -

I'm not qualified to do this kind of list... but I will anyway!

#15 Posted by JoMu (117 posts) -

Is there a list somewhere of all the games that came out this year?  I'm sure there's some great games from the beginning of the year that I've probably forgot came out this year.

#16 Posted by Somadude (549 posts) -

Go mass effect 2!
#17 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -
@Archangel0713 said:
I would actually really appreciate a full list of all the releases (disc and downloadable) of 2010, just to jog my memory. Anyone know of something like this?
#18 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

DAEDLY PREMONAION!

#19 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5043 posts) -

I made a top 5.  Does that count?

#20 Posted by Mijati (875 posts) -

10 games came out this year? I'm stumped after 5.

Been a very long year and i have a very bad memory :P

#21 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

NIER NIER NIER

nier nier nier

go Nier! (NIER IS NUMBAH 1)

#22 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

Yakuza 3 will feature somewhere for me,  2010 in NA and Europe but 2009 release in Japan, that counts right?

I don't know if I actually fully played 10 games to flesh this list out.

#23 Posted by Ben_H (3293 posts) -

I'll put 9 spots of SC2 and one spot of Super Meat Boy.

#24 Posted by Archangel0713 (12 posts) -
@Babylonian:  Under the games section of Giantbomb, it lists major releases by year, and there is another tab that lists all releases by year. Hope that helps.
#25 Posted by Vlodd (17 posts) -
@Babylonian: 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_in_video_gaming#Game_releases
 This looks like a full list.

#26 Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -

Yes, if your list is shorter than 10 games, it will still count.

Staff
#27 Posted by Allprox (534 posts) -

VVVVVV, the greatest game of 2010.

#28 Posted by Nictel (2364 posts) -
@Babylonian said:

" @Archangel0713 said:

I would actually really appreciate a full list of all the releases (disc and downloadable) of 2010, just to jog my memory. Anyone know of something like this? "
@JoMu said:

" Is there a list somewhere of all the games that came out this year?  I'm sure there's some great games from the beginning of the year that I've probably forgot came out this year. "

@DarkDude said:

" 10 games came out this year? I'm stumped after 5.  Been a very long year and i have a very bad memory :P "

http://www.giantbomb.com/games/?page=27&sort=release_date From this page and up. There  bit over a 1000 games. Have fun ;-). 
#29 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" Can I have less than 10 in my list?  I've been so busy at work, I haven't had time to play 10 games released this year. In fact ever since I got an income, I've been mostly catching up by buying older games. I got New Vegas at launch and I still haven't played it. "
Less than 10 is fine. Personally I can't come up with 10 this year either. More on that later...
#30 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma said:
" Yakuza 3 will feature somewhere for me,  2010 in NA and Europe but 2009 release in Japan, that counts right?  I don't know if I actually fully played 10 games to flesh this list out. "
same for me: I just made the list, but Call of Pripyat came out in Eastern Europe in 2009.
#31 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" Yes, if your list is shorter than 10 games, it will still count. "
Thanks. Guess I can still make one then.
#32 Posted by afrocod (41 posts) -

Wow that is hard... i guess these in some kind of order, couldn't be bothered working that out yet.. Maybe this will jog people's memory of some of the stuff that came out... Anywho, in no particular order:

Mass Effect 2
God Of War III
Super Street Fighter IV
Red Dead Redemption
Limbo
Halo Reach
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Pac Man CE DX
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Damn, I've only got 9...

#33 Posted by BeachThunder (11636 posts) -
@Nictel said:
" @Babylonian said:

" @Archangel0713 said:

I would actually really appreciate a full list of all the releases (disc and downloadable) of 2010, just to jog my memory. Anyone know of something like this? "
@JoMu said:

" Is there a list somewhere of all the games that came out this year?  I'm sure there's some great games from the beginning of the year that I've probably forgot came out this year. "

@DarkDude said:

" 10 games came out this year? I'm stumped after 5.  Been a very long year and i have a very bad memory :P "

http://www.giantbomb.com/games/?page=27&sort=release_date From this page and up. There  bit over a 1000 games. Have fun ;-).  "
There's also this page, which just lists the major releases of this year.
#34 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

This will be interesting...

#35 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

TIME TO MAKE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS TO MAKE PICROSS 3D WIN.

#36 Posted by Zamir (507 posts) -

GAME ROOM

#37 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

I think it's slightly bizarre to think that Mass Effect was released this year, it seems so long ago.

#38 Posted by TheMasterDS (2005 posts) -
#39 Posted by librariangmr (178 posts) -

Deadly Premonition = GOTY

#40 Edited by Victor018 (173 posts) -
#41 Posted by Red12b (9073 posts) -

YOU'RE WINNER!!!

Fuckin' awesome

#42 Posted by Mijati (875 posts) -

There, mine's done too.

No Mass Effect, no RDR on mine because I've not touched ME2 and haven't really played enough RDR to put it in my list.

#43 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

Ok, my top 6 bias list is more or less done, 
now I can end this year with no regrets

#44 Posted by hagridore (500 posts) -

This year I played so much less new stuff...

#45 Posted by Forcen (1797 posts) -
#46 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@afrocod said:
"  Super Street Fighter IV "
You see, this is why I'm worried about making a list. I keep thinking SSFIV was 2009 for some reason. Guess I'll just have to go through my 360 collection carefully, including downloadables (Super Meat Boy and Monday Night Combat).
#47 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -
@Laketown said:
"NIER NIER NIER  nier nier nier  go Nier! (NIER IS NUMBAH 1) "

NIER surely deserves an honorary mention, because it's way better than many want you to believe.
#48 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Wow, just realizing there weren't many games this year that really impressed me.   

Tempted to add Red Dead Redemption to one of my spots, because it mostly had a great story and really good atmosphere..  But a lot of the gameplay lets it down and I really don't think it deserves GoTY.

#49 Posted by AndrewB (7438 posts) -

I can't come up with 10 either.

I haven't even played 10 new games this year.

#50 Posted by AURON570 (1672 posts) -

how the heck is it the 52nd?