#51  Edited By Shun_Akiyama
NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By NickBOTT

Mega Man 3 shouldn't be in the bad list and RE3 was worse than RE2 imo. Not saying it should be in the bad list but I'm not sure i would say it qualifies as a "best" #3 game.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Shun_Akiyama
@NickBOTT said:

Mega Man 3 shouldn't be in the bad list and RE3 was worse than RE2 imo. Not saying it should be in the bad list but I'm not sure i would say it qualifies as a "best" #3 game.

ok I've gotten two votes to remove RE3 so I will
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#54  Edited By jacksukeru

Also, I thought that Warrior Within was better than The Two Thrones. Even though neither game had the magic of the first one, and some of the "darker and edgier" BS from WW was totally stupid, I enjoyed the setup with you being pursued by this unstoppable beast a lot more. That along with the Back to The Future time travel story, the late-game sand wraith which was totally badass, and the "secret Water Sword for best ending" payoff made it ultimatly more appealing to me.

Two Thrones felt a lot like them trying to set things straight after the overall reaction to WW, which probably was a good idea, though I wasn't a big fan of how they tried to tie everything together with the princess and the vizier (I was also super disappointed at how the "all that is yours, is rightfully mine!" teaser at the end of WW ended up playing out). It has it's moments, like when the prince finds his slain father's sword, but I thought it was just a decent end to a shaky triology.

I also really hated how it didn't have decapitations or cutting a guy in half when most of the kill animations were the same as in PoP2, it made combat a lot less satisfying.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bell_End
TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TentPole

@Shun_Akiyama said:

@NickBOTT said:

ok I've gotten two votes to remove RE3 so I will

Now you just have to move it over to the slightly disappointing pile.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By sjosz

That's a pretty misleading thread title for what you're going for you got there.

Nothing can touch Timesplitters 2 for me, but I do believe Timesplitters: Future Perfect was an immensely enjoyable game. Same with SSX Tricky and SSX 3; Tricky was a fantastic game and 3 was as well, but in a different way. Cannot think of any third game into a series that put me off playing those games though. I thought Crackdown 2 wore out its welcome far earlier than Crackdown, and Tomb Raider's Angel of Darkness I thought was a weak entry in that franchise.

1nfinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By 1nfinitum

What no Postal 3?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SSully

@Shun_Akiyama said:

@Bell_End said:

lol... not nearly as good.

well i disagree with RB3, UC3 and ME3 but each to his own i guess

Those games are not bad at all but not as good as the previous ones.

You just said they aren't bad games, but you put them in the bad list. Not being as good as a previous game doesn't categorize a game as bad, it is a game that didn't meet expectations.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#60  Edited By BeachThunder

Mother 3 is the only truly good 3 I can think of...

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By upwarDBound

Good:

-Sonic the Hedgehog 3

-Heroes of Might and Magic III

-Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition

-Burnout 3: Takedown

-Road Rash 3

-SimCity 3000

-Caesar III

-Shinobi III

According to your criteria of being sort of a letdown in the series I nominate:

-Phantasy Star III

-Final Fantasy III

-Myst III: Exile

It seems like if a series makes it to a third game it's usually not awful. Maybe I just haven't played too many bad "3" games, or think they're bad.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#62  Edited By LordAndrew
I'm going to second Burnout 3: Takedown. Fantastic game.
Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#63  Edited By Chemin
@upwarDBound said:

Good:

According to your criteria of being sort of a letdown in the series I nominate:

-Phantasy Star III

-Final Fantasy III

-Myst III: Exile

It seems like if a series makes it to a third game it's usually not awful. Maybe I just haven't played too many bad "3" games, or think they're bad.

FF3 was awesome when it came out. And a big step up from FF2. Also, I enjoyed Myst 3 more than Riven. It could be that my install of Riven kept on crashing and messing up my saves though. It was a great game none the less.

*edit* Hmm, you might be talking about FF6 vs. FF4 though... Not as crazy. I can see that. Although, most people would still disagree with you as FF6 is one of the most beloved in the franchise.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By demontium

@Shun_Akiyama: Probably not the one most will be arguing about, but Donkey Kong Country 3 was a great game, 2 was the best, and the 1st and 3rd were just as good as each other.

Shouldnt be on either lists in my opinion.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BonOrbitz

@Shun_Akiyama: @James_Giant_Peach: Your lists are spot-on except for one glaring error: Contra III: The Alien Wars was fucking awesome! Why is it on your worst lists?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By BoG

Why do you people not like Contra 3? ARE YOU ALL CRAZY?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#67  Edited By Vinny_Says

It's like nobody played Call of Duty 3....right there stinking it up between two fantastic games.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By upwarDBound

@Chemin:

No I'm talking about the NES version of FF III. Taken with the series as a whole it's somewhat of a disappointing game. It's better than II yes, but that game is almost what I would call bad.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Add Burnout 3 for the good.

Ninja gaiden 3 for the bad. Also not bad per se but much worse then the games before it: God of War 3 and Guitar Hero 3.

RWBladewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By RWBladewing

If Master of Orion 3 isn't at the top of the worst list I don't know what is. I was so disgusted with that game I uninstalled it and smashed the CDs. Picking up the razor-sharp shards afterward was totally worth it.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By drac96

Disgaea 3 was certainly not a disappointment. Most of the systems were improved and everything felt a whole lot better in general. I didn't really like the cast of main characters in 2 or 3, but that's not why most people play those games in the first place. If anything Disgaea 2 was the disappointment, because Laharl is infinitely better than Adell.

Disgaea 3 was awesome.

Edit: After thinking about this a bit, I think that Disgaea 2 is the worst in the series.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom 3 shouldn't be in any worst catagory... The game basically evolved so many factors in gaming today. Its graphically better than some of todays games even. See, back then, even when the game was announced, textures were flat. Very boring. But with doom 3, mars came to life. Textures popped out. And, its the only truely scary game I've ever played by a long shot. Even the original fear, took soooo many cues from it. So many people who had a problem with the game, played the nasty brown and grainy xbox port. Play the game on just about any pc today, on a nice sound system, and be amazied. Easily much better than the first 2, doom 64, and final doom.

Resistence 3, its not a good game. But....considering how awful the first 2 were, it does certainly beat them out by a long shot.

And mega man 3- better than mega man 1 and 2. 1s broken in spots, 2 was great- but it has a few broken parts of its own. 3 was finally the complete mega man experience. Definately needs taken out of the bad category.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Shun_Akiyama
@SSully said:

@Shun_Akiyama said:

@Bell_End said:

lol... not nearly as good.

well i disagree with RB3, UC3 and ME3 but each to his own i guess

Those games are not bad at all but not as good as the previous ones.

You just said they aren't bad games, but you put them in the bad list. Not being as good as a previous game doesn't categorize a game as bad, it is a game that didn't meet expectations.

It's just shorthand Mr. take everything so damn seriously
Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Shun_Akiyama
@drac96 said:

Disgaea 3 was certainly not a disappointment. Most of the systems were improved and everything felt a whole lot better in general. I didn't really like the cast of main characters in 2 or 3, but that's not why most people play those games in the first place. If anything Disgaea 2 was the disappointment, because Laharl is infinitely better than Adell.

Disgaea 3 was awesome.

Edit: After thinking about this a bit, I think that Disgaea 2 is the worst in the series.

That's crazy to say that the characters are not the reason people play those games for. I think Disgaea 3 is the worst one. it's just a rehash of Disgaea 1's story but with different characters, and the characters are hardly little more than re-skined disaea 1 characters.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SSully

@Shun_Akiyama: You are contradicting yourself by saying that a game is bad, when you don't actually think it is. I am not taking it to seriously, you just need to put more thought into what you write. Either stand by your claims or articulate what you really think instead of making a poor list.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Shun_Akiyama
@SSully said:

@Shun_Akiyama: You are contradicting yourself by saying that a game is bad, when you don't actually think it is. I am not taking it to seriously, you just need to put more thought into what you write. Either stand by your claims or articulate what you really think instead of making a poor list.

I don't think you know what shorthand is.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SSully

@Shun_Akiyama said:

@SSully said:

I don't think you know what shorthand is.

I do know what shorthand is, but your original post specifically had the labels: Good and Bad. Nothing else. It doesn't matter what you meant to say, all that was there for us was Good and Bad, which means everything under the bad column is considered bad by you. You have obviously fixed it since your original post, which shows that you know you fucked up, so I dont know why you are arguing. You messed up, you fixed the mistake, and now it is done. Argument over.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Thought Dino Crisis 3 was pretty bad. A lot of people don't even remember there was a third one.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#79  Edited By BeachThunder

@BoG said:

Why do you people not like Contra 3? ARE YOU ALL CRAZY?

Well, I'm with you, Contra 3's awesome.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#80  Edited By Chemin
@upwarDBound said:

@Chemin:

No I'm talking about the NES version of FF III. Taken with the series as a whole it's somewhat of a disappointing game. It's better than II yes, but that game is almost what I would call bad.

Sure, on that I'm totally with you. I wasn't talking about FF3 contra the newer games though, only compared to FF1 and FF2 - its quality as a sequel. It's hard to figure out the terms and rules behind this thread though.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Best would be Super Mario Bros. 3 and Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Worst would be Jak 3 (still a good game it just relied to heavily on vehicle and gimmick levels instead of platforming) and Sly 3 (same problem)

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AnimalFather

Best Games:

FF7

Braid

Fallout

Bad Games:

Brutal Legend

BF3

Medel of Honor: Tier 1

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TheKramer89

Super Smash Bros Melee

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NTM

Whoa... the majority of the games you named on the bad list aren't bad at all. I wouldn't even say worse then the previous installments, not better, but definitely not worse.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By drac96

@Shun_Akiyama said:

@drac96 said:

Disgaea 3 was awesome.

That's crazy to say that the characters are not the reason people play those games for. I think Disgaea 3 is the worst one. it's just a rehash of Disgaea 1's story but with different characters, and the characters are hardly little more than re-skined disaea 1 characters.

I'll give you that it's crazy to say that people don't play those games for the characters. That was me projecting myself onto everyone else. I play Disgaea because I think the gameplay is great. I love how all the numbers are insane and there's so much leveling up to be done. If the characters were blobs with no personality I'd still play. The depth of character development through leveling and items is bananas.

It sounds like you only think Disgaea 3 is "worse" because the story is more or less a rehashed version of the first game, which is somewhat true. That doesn't at all take the gameplay into account, which was vastly improved from Disgaea 2. To each his own I guess.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#86  Edited By Little_Socrates

Rockband 3

Uncharted 3

I take issue with this one! Rock Band 3 is amazing, and while Uncharted 2 is better than Uncharted 3, Uncharted 3 is still one of the best games of 2011 AND better than the original.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Shun_Akiyama
@drac96 said:

@Shun_Akiyama said:

@drac96 said:

Disgaea 3 was awesome.

I'll give you that it's crazy to say that people don't play those games for the characters. That was me projecting myself onto everyone else. I play Disgaea because I think the gameplay is great. I love how all the numbers are insane and there's so much leveling up to be done. The depth of character development through leveling and items is bananas.

It sounds like you only think Disgaea 3 is "worse" because the story is more or less a rehashed version of the first game, which is somewhat true. That doesn't at all take the gameplay into account, which was vastly improved from Disgaea 2. To each his own I guess.

Well I play them for the story and characters, but you don't. So my reason would be more than enough to someone that plays them for the story.
I also the new stuff isn't very useful. I never used magic change once. With effort it takes to level up a monster to be a useful magic change weapon, you could just level up a human who are more useful all around.
Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Shun_Akiyama
@AnimalFather said:

Best Games:

FF7

Braid

Fallout

Bad Games:

Brutal Legend

BF3

How the hell are any of those besides BF3, #3 games?
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#89  Edited By Deranged

I massively disagree with Mass Effect 3 being on the bad list, but everyone has their own opinion.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By upwarDBound

@Chemin said:

@upwarDBound said:

@Chemin:

Sure, on that I'm totally with you. I wasn't talking about FF3 contra the newer games though, only compared to FF1 and FF2 - its quality as a sequel. It's hard to figure out the terms and rules behind this thread though.

I guess you're right. I still think the first Final Fantasy is my favorite of the NES set, but III did have some improvements, namely the deep class system.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By pyrodactyl

ME3 is great. Best of the franchise

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92  Edited By Sackmanjones

Why do I have a feeling this thread was specifically made for Mass Effect 3? Anyway to piss people off 

Good: 
Mass Effect 3

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By drac96

@Shun_Akiyama said:

@drac96 said:

@Shun_Akiyama said:

@drac96 said:

Disgaea 3 was awesome.

I'll give you that it's crazy to say that people don't play those games for the characters. That was me projecting myself onto everyone else. I play Disgaea because I think the gameplay is great. I love how all the numbers are insane and there's so much leveling up to be done. The depth of character development through leveling and items is bananas.

Well I play them for the story and characters, but you don't. So my reason would be more than enough to someone that plays them for the story. I also the new stuff isn't very useful. I never used magic change once. With effort it takes to level up a monster to be a useful magic change weapon, you could just level up a human who are more useful all around.

Magichange adds 30% of the monsters stats to the character who has them equipped. When you have a fully leveled human using a fully leveled monster the effects are devastating. It's helpful if you have them in the club that extends the length of the magi-change.

The changes other than that were pretty significant as well. The class world made skill transfer much better in my opinion. It also allowed for reasonable duping , so leveling the characters could go much faster. Killing the dropouts drastically boosts all aptitudes. This change was crucial and it carried over to Disgaea 4.

Changing the geo-symbols to geo blocks made everything much crazier, because it allowed for the effects to be stacked on top of one another. It makes the geomancer an awesome class to boot.

From a gameplay perspective these things are all huge and they're all carried over to Disgaea 4.

yokunakatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By yokunakatta

Sly 3 - Adding 2 more characters in 2 was a good idea, but Sly 3's cast way overdid it by having so many, most of which only existed in the form of minigames. Sly is best when you're playing as Sly, and it would have been better to focus on the platforming and story rather than adding variety for variety's sake. Hopefully Sly 4 will get it right

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By samfo

@Shun_Akiyama: ROCK BAND 3 BAD?!!! - you're a maniac! That's probably the most perfect plastic instrument game ever made.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Shun_Akiyama
@SamFo said:

@Shun_Akiyama: ROCK BAND 3 BAD?!!! - you're a maniac! That's probably the most perfect plastic instrument game ever made.

RB2 was better
samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By samfo

@Shun_Akiyama: how? What was one thing RB3 didn't improve on.

(Keep in mind you can import the RB2 setlist)

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By GooieGreen

@Shun_Akiyama: I understand your rationale but I disagree with your opinion :D

Demon high schools? Sold.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#99  Edited By LordAndrew
@Shun_Akiyama said:
@AnimalFather said:

Best Games:

FF7

Braid

Fallout

Bad Games:

Brutal Legend

BF3

How the hell are any of those besides BF3, #3 games?
It appears to be a list of the three best games and three worst games. In other words, a misunderstanding of the thread's topic.
TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TentPole

never misunderstands.