What are the worst games you've played this gen?

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By chrissedoff

I try to stay away from bad games by paying attention to reviews and such, but still Heavy Rain and Brutal Legend snuck up on me.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By me3639

The 2 games i recall where i kept saying to myself, "Just end already" has to be Duke Nuke'm Forever, and RF:Armageddon.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By LiquidPrince

Some of these games that people are calling bad are great games. This thread only reveals your crazy to the world.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Socialone

As for games I personally bought and spent at least a dozen hours on, nothing beats Fable III. Some of you complained of excessively casual games, but this one is a RPG with infinite mana, no armor system whatsoever and a golden magic trail leading you to your objective.

Q.E.D.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By GunstarRed

There has been a bunch of bad and mediocre games this gen, but some of the games listed are hardly the worst. I guess more people should play that Onechanbara bikini zombie boob kill-y squad thing on the 360, then they truly would have played one of the worst games this generation.

Oh yeah and Yaris, fuck that game!

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By hughesman

journey, metal gear solid 4, gears 3, halo reach, Civ 5, uncharted, yeah you know. i hate those games!!!! GRRRR i'm so hardcore!

Wizorb is all that matters to me anymore.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By buzz_clik

Quantum Theory is a fuckin' rough game to play. In my true masochistic style I'm going to have to finish it at some point, but truth be told I'd completely forgotten I owned it until this thread.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NegativeCero

I go back and forth calling certain games either bad or disappointing. So for that I'd pick Dragon Age 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and that's all really.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By buzz_clik

@Jeust said:

• Majin and the Forgotten Kingdom

N'awww, I loved that game despite its roots. Like, S-Rank loved it.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BrockNRolla

Simple answer: Dragon Age 2

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#61  Edited By bassman2112

I second Modern Warfare 2, I really disliked the single player and am not a huge MP gamer.

Worms Reloaded was pretty terrible, which sucked because I preordered it.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hot_Karl

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge is truly up there with some of the absolute worst games of all time.

Damn, you guys are spoiled if stuff like Dragon Age 2 is considered "worst of this gen". Play Mindjack or Facebreaker or Rock of the Dead sometime and see what awful truly looks like.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By MEATBALL

Saint's Row 2 is the first game that springs to mind, thoroughly enjoyed Saint's Row 3, though. There are probably worse games I've played, but they're not springing to mind right now.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Turambar

The thread title is not "what is the worst games of this generation".  It's "out of the games you played from this gen, which ones were the worst."

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lair I guess. I heard it was decent with the control updates so I picked it up for like 12 bucks at some point, but nope. Still shitty. The frame-rate is scary bad in a lot of places. That's all I can really think of right now, but I know there are some really shitty games I rented and don't remember the names to right now. Oh, and I guess I've played a lot of terrible free MMOs.

El_Galant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By El_Galant

The worst games I've played this gen are:

No Caption Provided
Front cover of Prince of Persia (EU) for PlayStation 3
Front cover of Prince of Persia (EU) for PlayStation 3

Both games are el crappolo...

El_Galant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By El_Galant

@awesomeusername: Hey how do you link the game names to a post? When I click for it on the header it disappears...

Talksin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By Talksin

Brutal Legend, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Enchanted Arms, Call of Duty 3 (My most hated game of all-fucking-time), Two Worlds, The Witcher, Final Fantasy 13, Deadly Premonition, Tales of Vesperia, and Bayonetta.

My opinion, all of these games are garbage and most I didn't finish.

Also, I couldn't agree with you more about Hope. I would strangle that kid to death with my bare-bastard-hands if at all possible.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By awesomeusername

@NTM said:

@awesomeusername: I understand where you're coming from, but I'm just saying I personally saw the potential in what the future of this Turok could have been, that's what made me like it more. I'm not saying you're wrong. Also, I never tried to play the multiplayer, I don't often play MP in games, and Turok definitely doesn't seem like on to play.

I know that, I'm not trying to argue. A sequel could have potential with the right developers but that game was just very mediocre to me. I only try out multiplayer because it's there. I will try out Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 3's multiplayer even though I have no interest in it. It's just how I am.

@spankingaddict: I put 8 hours into FF XIII. Wheelman and Turok was about 2 hours. Everything else was the first level and then gave up. They were too horrid to play anymore then that.

lemontron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By lemontron
benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#71  Edited By benspyda
  1. Battlefield 3 SP
  2. Resistance 1

A bunch of mediocre games but having trouble thinking of bad games for some reason. Heavy Rain and LA Noir I did not enjoy but they are not terrible games. FFXIII's characters win worst video game characters and voice actors of all time (Hope, Vanille, Snow).

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By hoossy

far cry 2, no question

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By NTM

@awesomeusername: I know you weren't trying to argue. I just wanted to reiterate that I understand what you mean.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By awesomeusername

@VinceNotVance said:

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge . Play Mindjack or Facebreaker or Rock of the Dead

It's sites like this that let me know NOT to play games like this. 1 or 2 stars=instant ignore. If any of the games above are 1 or 2 stars, that means I put it in my PS3 for trophies.

@Turambar said:

The thread title is not "what is the worst games of this generation". It's "out of the games you played from this gen, which ones were the worst."

Some people obviously didn't read the whole title because they think I speak facts. Thank you for not being one of those people.

@Talksin said:

I couldn't agree with you more about Hope. I would strangle that kid to death with my bare-bastard-hands if at all possible.

Let's strangle that (insert any curse you want)!

@El_Galant said:

@awesomeusername: Hey how do you link the game names to a post? When I click for it on the header it disappears...

Highlight whatever you want to link. Then on the bar above, click link. It's next to image.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By awesomeusername

@NTM: Agh, okay.

@rebgav said:

You're all pussies. I played three or so hours of BlackSite: Area 51 and a chunk of Rumble Roses XX...on the same day.

i wanna b jus like u sumdayyy

happycrapy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By happycrapy

Damnation

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#77  Edited By yetiantics

There's been a lot of games I played this gen. I might not think of most at the moment, but these are ones that clearly come to mind

-Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

-Prototype

-Duke Nukem Forever

-Assassin's Creed (the first one, only)

-Halo Reach

-Marvel Vs Capcom 3

-Guitar Hero: Van Halen

-Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

-Tales of Vesperia

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By Gabriel

Duke Nukem Forever or Rouge Warrior

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By awesomeusername

@rebgav said:

@awesomeusername said:

i wanna b jus like u sumdayyy

I've beaten Alpha Prime. I played through 79 minutes of R.I.P. You don't know about bad games until you know about Meridian4.

GIT SUM!

They all sound terrible. You must like pain to go through bad games!

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Nottle

Man there are some fantastic games being mentioned.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#81  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@awesomeusername said:

Sniper Elite V2: I only played the demo but... man. All I can do is facepalm. The controls sucked ass, bullet sponge enemies, super linear level, ugh. I don't want to think about it.

The first one was pretty good, in my opinion at least. Anyway, although it's not exactly bad, it was so disappointing that i consider it such. Dragon Age 2. Apart from that, i try not to play bad games.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DukesT3

Mass Effect.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Ketchupp
korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By korwin

DnF and Dead Rising spring to mind.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Some of my favorite games from the gen have been mentioned so far. To each their own I suppose. I myself have not played much I would consider terrible.

The worst being: Oblivion, The Last Remnant, Undertow... I guess. Nothing really stands out.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#86  Edited By willin

I didn't find Dark Void bad but god dammit it was so dull and boring.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BisonHero

I thought Puzzle Quest 2 was a burning pile of garbage compared to how thoroughly enjoyable the first Puzzle Quest was.

They removed all of the cool side stuff (crafting gear with different effects, learning enemy spells, training your mount, capturing castles) and replaced it with basically nothing. Now most of your equipment just gives you a defense bonus, your weapons just do X amount of damage, and that's it; no more interesting buffs or effects at all. The first game would give you a quest, you'd do 1-2 fights, then finish the quest and get some resolution, which helped break up the monotony of you basically playing Bejeweled over and over; in PQ2, there's almost no quests, so you just slog away at the same 2-4 enemy types for hours before anything remotely different happens. PQ1 had like 8 or 9 possible party members that were actually kind of memorable; PQ2 has like 5, who all completely stop talking once they join your party and are boring as shit before that. PQ1's story was generic fantasy but was enjoyable enough; PQ2 basically just rips off Diablo 1, which barely even counts as a story.

Also, PQ2's art style is ugly as hell compared to the first game. The gameplay is somewhat improved, because Jesus Christ did PQ1 ever have some useless spells, but PQ2's weapon system is kind of broken because of how strong poisons are.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TwoLines

@BisonHero: I agree. While not one of the worst games this gen, the drop in the quality was bewildering. Compared to PQ1, PQ2 was an excruciatingly boring dungeon crawler, filled with grey, bland rooms.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#89  Edited By JasonR86

I usually don't play really bad games unless I have a morbid curiosity. So the game's I list aren't disgustingly bad. I just had no interest in playing them.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope; It's just so boring and, figuring that the game was fucking huge, I had no interest in continuing to play the game.

Phantasy Star Universe; Terrible, obnoxious characters and dialogue.

Kingdoms of Amalur; It's essentially a single-player MMO. Or, at least, that's what it felt like to me. I have no interest in playing a single-player MMO.

Lost Odyssey; Oh my God those fucking characters. Good fucking God.

Red Faction: Armageddon; Dull.

Shellshock 2; I don't even remember this game but apparently I have one achievement from it. It must have been really bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

"Worst." 

The objectivity in here is astounding. 

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#91  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@Dagbiker said:

Record Of Agrest War

Beat me to it. I've played a ton of horrible games, but that one takes the cake. I suspect it will be high on my Most Hated list well into eternity.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#92  Edited By Yanngc33

HomeFront: That game can go suck a dick.

Prey: That game can go suck a dick.

Brink: That game can go suck a dick.

The Darkness: That game could've been better, does not deserve to suck a dick.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Moody_yeti
@WickedFather

Far Cry 2 - boooooring

Lost Planet - fucking bullshit

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Shite - booooooring.

Also vampire rain
Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Probably Call Of Duty: Black Ops. 4 hours of a game playing itself for £10 more than the average price of a pc game. Greedy cunts with a lazy as fuck single player.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Bell_End

'insert popular game to buy me some internet cool points'....

only joking

i don't play bad games. i don't have the time.

my gaming hours are rare so i make sure they go on a game i enjoy playing. my worst game would not be a bad game it just would not be as great as the greatest games i've played.

im really struggling to think of a game that i played that i didn't really like. but then again im not a cynical internet hater.

i know... PURE i picked it up for a few quid and never really played it, i didn't enjoy it

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Karl_Boss

Infinite Undiscovered, Alone In The Dark, Far Cry 2

Avatar image for deathmachine117
Deathmachine117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#97  Edited By Deathmachine117

Duke Nukem Forever, Alone in the Dark and that Warriors Arcade Game released two or three years ago biggest piece of thrash.

Also both of Spark Unlimited's games released this gen Turning Point and Legendary living proof of good idea and poor execution.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#98  Edited By forkboy

I haven't played too many down-right shitty games this gen, mainly thanks to smart purchasing.

The first thing to come to mind is Dragon Age 2, which isn't outright bad, just very very disappointing.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By cloudnineboya

syndicate:[insert reasons here]. the only 1 game i did not enjoy this year, not bad? been a good year for gaming for me.

as for this gen.my mind has taken a blank,so many games to think off dont have the time, got to go.(edit} was reading other peoples lists, and one stood out that i really did not like. and that was (dead rising) did not even bother to try and finish it,even if a game kind of sucks, i do try and finish them but not! that one!! couldn't be arsed.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By SharkEthic

@awesomeusername said:

Socom: US. Navy Seals - Confrontation: I joined a match, died and never returned. I didn't know the controls and had no intentions on learning them.

Yeah man, fuck games where you have to learn the controls in order to play them! I mean, what where the developers even thinking!? I'm here to win at your game, not learn the goddamn controls in order to do it!