What is your most memorable gaming experience?

DarkSeraphim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DarkSeraphim

Just wondering what was the most intense gaming experience you guys have ever had.  

The most memorable one for me was when i was playing kingdom hearts 2...and like i was at one point in the game where i was suppose to kill some retard boss dude with a guitar....it WAS SOOOOOO STUPIDD i wanted to shoot the game off cause i kept dying and it was just some thing that really pissed me off....and if i read what i just wrote, it sounds pretty lame....lol. ugh. 

another experience i had was when i was playing Resident Evil 4... and the room was filled with little kids watching me play, and i didnt really give a care. and so like im walking down an aisle in the game and then, BAM! a zombie dude on fire like bursts out of this door thing in front of me and all the kids around me like exploded and died lol ...good times lol
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By cstrang

Probably finally doing a successful go at the Epilogue on Call of Duty 4 on Veteran.  Goddamn.  That was me at my gaming best.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

Playing Co-op Golden Axe with my brother when we were young, or playing Co-op Halo when we were a little older. 

Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dirty_Harry

Shadow of the colossus, what a great and epic game!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust

Was reaching the end of Silent Hill 2. I felt really used, was depressed and really heart broken, if that can ever be achieved by a game, it was for me. 

I never got so affected by a game.

Also Lost Odyssey, has some really touching moments, that left me weeping. 

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Evilsbane

First time playing Half Life 2 and right after you jump out of the window after talking to barney there is a barrel with some bottles I seriously sat there and played with the physics for like an hour before going through the door, it was the most awesome thing to me at the time and now we consider that stuff standard.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HaltIamReptar

All of TF2.

My first (and last) game of multiplayer in Gears of War  I was the only guy left alive on the team, and took out the whole other team with a shotgun.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8  Edited By Cerza

This may seem messed up, but my most memorable gaming experience doesn't come from a game. Well it doesn't come from a video game per say. Back in January 1992 it was the Buffalo Bills vs the Washington Red Skins in The Super Bowl. My dad was a huge Bills fan and super pumped that his team had finally made it to The Super Bowl. I told him that the Bills weren't going to win and that they would never win. He didn't believe me and told me to shut my mouth and not say such things about something as serious as this. I didn't listen and kept telling him they were going to loose. So in an effort to teach me a lesson he made a bet with me. As I kept arguing with him the amount of money we were betting kept going up. In the end we were betting around $500 against each other. Now I didn't have that much money. I didn't even have $50 and my dad knew this. I was shitting my pants until the end of the game when Washington won. That made me the happiest little goober on the planet and my dad was furious. After pestering him for the money for a few weeks he finally paid up and on February 22, 1992 he took me out and I bought my first SNES. It came with Super Mario World and was special to me, because I hadn't actually owned a gaming system before. I had always bummed off my friends and cousins, or played what was in the arcade, but now I had a gaming system all my own. Mario never felt so good. I've been a hardcore gaming addict ever since. :-)

vendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By vendetta

Spoilers for a year old game:

I have a couple. The first time I stayed up all night with a few friends playing Goldeneye multiplayer on N64 is a huge one, considering that I was about 12 years old at the time. Second, going back to Shadow Moses in Metal Gear Solid 4. That was freaking awesome, and they did it so perfectly.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#10  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

It's really hard to single out a single moment, but I think I knew I was going to forever be hooked on console RPG's and games in general when I played the first ten hours or so of Final Fantasy VII.  I've never been so hooked on a game, then or now.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11  Edited By natetodamax

Beating GoW2 Horde mode waves 1-50 with a friend and completing the Endless Setlist on Hard and Expert in Rock Band 1 with a friend were memorable moments.

DarkSeraphim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By DarkSeraphim
@Cerza said:
"This may seem messed up, but my most memorable gaming experience doesn't come from a game. Well it doesn't come from a video game per say. Back in January 1992 it was the Buffalo Bills vs the Washington Red Skins in The Super Bowl. My dad was a huge Bills fan and super pumped that his team had finally made it to The Super Bowl. I told him that the Bills weren't going to win and that they would never win. He didn't believe me and told me to shut my mouth and not say such things about something as serious as this. I didn't listen and kept telling him they were going to loose. So in an effort to teach me a lesson he made a bet with me. As I kept arguing with him the amount of money we were betting kept going up. In the end we were betting around $500 against each other. Now I didn't have that much money. I didn't even have $50 and my dad knew this. I was shitting my pants until the end of the game when Washington won. That made me the happiest little goober on the planet and my dad was furious. After pestering him for the money for a few weeks he finally paid up and on February 22, 1992 he took me out and I bought my first SNES. It came with Super Mario World and was special to me, because I hadn't actually owned a gaming system before. I had always bummed off my friends and cousins, or played what was in the arcade, but now I had a gaming system all my own. Mario never felt so good. I've been a hardcore gaming addict ever since. :-) "

thats amazing. lol
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Playing smash brothers when we hooked up our n64 to the projection system in our high school's auditorium. It was amazing...Pikachu's junk was right up in your face!

raegunz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By raegunz_

finishing bioshock was intense... god that game was rad. 
and my experience playing kh1 will always be unforgettable. lost myself in that one many many times.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Tuggah

TF2 for the 360 with my friends, that and playing Call Of Duty 4 totally not serious with the same friends.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By bybeach

Reaching the part of system shock 2 right before the last boss battle. It was eerie because the whole atmosphere, more-so than in any other game I have played, indicated i was very near the end. In fact, The surroundings were continously being created by Shodan, moment by moment (would argue for a discontinuous type reality). Even the lady who had been advising me was no longer alive, but had forseen  the circumstances and left 'virtual' tapes of sort.. This was so in keeping with the story  and allowed it to go to this extant kinda blew me away.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By DanielJW

In recent memory, killing Phalanx in Demon's Souls. That was incredibly rewarding and exciting.  

Digging a little deeper, probably playing through Final Fantasy VII when I was eleven or twelve. I was astonished by the graphics, and all of the story stuff was dragging me in so far. Perfect mix of young wonder and a fantastic game.  

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordukai
Stefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 27

#19  Edited By Stefan

A session of Halo 1 against two of my best friends via system link from 10pm to 9pm, always on the same map, the one with the river in the middle. Thats the first one I have to think of. When it comes to atmosphere there are a lot of great games, that I played over the years: Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy in the US), Terranigma, Secret of Evermore, Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis, Final Fantasy X, Blood II: The Chosen, Silver, No One Lives Forever to name just a few.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Getting my first REAL gaming PC and saying "Holy fuck, look at that!"

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SeriouslyNow

The first time I played Half Life : Day One when the Spec Ops guys are roping down from the chopper and they're nadeing and shooting at you like crazy and then screen fades to black.  My friend, whose 3DFX Voodoo equipped PC we were playing on, turned to me mouth agape and just said, "Whoah."  We sat in silence for a couple of minutes, stunned from the whole HL Day One experience.  Throughout the whole playthrough we had both laughed at the clever level names, the scientists' dialogues and marvelled at the game AI and all the little details that made Black Mesa such a believable environment.  

That moment really brought home to me that my love of computer gaming, despite all of the years when people just didn't get what was so addictive and immersive about them, was not a wasted pursuit, that games could be visceral and entirely engaging, that art could be conveyed via a game designer's best efforts.  I had been a games journalist since the early 90s, riding the wave of the first Multimedia Kits, products and games and had played games since the late 70s but nothing had ever moved me to silence they way HL Day had.

I will always remember that day.

jrodrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By jrodrz
  • Moments in Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 that scared the hell out of me.
  • Finishing The Darkness. I loved that story.
  • Played Assassin's Creed 2 15 hours almost straight the day I got it. NO KIDDING
  • Finished Tony Hawk's Underground twice in the same day.
  • Got "Don of NYC" rank in The Godfather: The Game
  • Playing F1 World Grand Prix and World Cup 98 (both for N64) with my dad when he was still alive. RIP Dad.
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Black_Raven
@ShaunassNZ said:
" Getting my first REAL gaming PC and saying "Holy fuck, look at that!" "
Lol yea this would have to be one of my most memorable moments, I remember the first time I loaded up Crysis on my new PC, fuck that was awesome.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Diamond

Depends on if you mean intensity or just memorable or enjoyable.

Most intense might be my awe of playing Doom for the first time, or when I got my first 3DFX card.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Capum15

All of Half Life 2. All of Command And Conquer: Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge, most of CnC: Generals Zero Hour (mostly the online part), all of Halo: Combat Evolved. Super Smash Brothers and the Pokemon Stadiums were great, too.

But a long time ago, there was a game made by Novalogic. "Black Hawk Down". Eventually, an expansion came out - "Green Sabre". After playing through the campaign over and over and over again, I tried the online. The next two years I spent with a clan online doing the most insane people vs bots maps I've ever seen created in any game by fans. Ever. Forever. I'd listen to music off the radio above the computer and play endlessly. Had a forum site and everything.

Eventually, they came out with another amazing game, "Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising" (Then an expansion, "Escalation"). We kept playing that (and occasionally popping BHD back in). After a long-ass time, GTA: San Andreas came out and took my attention off of the online awesomeness. After a month or two, I eventually went back and almost everyone was gone. The forums were semi-active, but eventually it all died out. It was, with no sarcasm what-so-ever, the best gaming experience I have ever had. I was sad as hell when everyone finally said their goodbyes. 

A while later, I had a similar (albeit not as amazing) experience with World Of Warcraft. Haven't played that since before Burning Crusade came out though. I miss both, but shit happens and we move on. Awesome memories though.

crystalskull2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crystalskull2
@ShaunassNZ said:
" Getting my first REAL gaming PC and saying "Holy fuck, look at that!" "

Something like this for me.
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Bombs_Away

When I saved the World from almost certain destruction. I've done that a few times.