Avatar image for alucardalacarte
AlucardaLaCarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AlucardaLaCarte

Remember two months ago? When this seemed like it was going to be a golden age of one spectacular game after another? Then Too Human came out and it was mediocre...then Mercs 2 came out and it was broken...then Force Unleashed came out and there were large, horrendously put together parts...what happened?! Is anyone else worried about games like Dead Space, Gears of War 2, Saint's Row 2, or any other game that anyone might be seriously anticipating this quarter??
I guess the only good thing is my wallet hasn't taken the cripping haymaker I thought it would...

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hulk

Dead Space, yes. 
Fable 2, possibly.
Fallout 3, nope.
Saints Row 2, nope.
Gears 2, campaign no, multiplayer possibly.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pause422

Those games that did bad should of never blew anyone away to begin with..every bit of gameplay I've seen with the 3 that you named that didn't do so hot, only looked mediocre at best, and in Too Humans part, just downright boring and dull. Dead Space looks a ton of fun to me, I know that will be fine. I'm sure to those interested in it Fable 2 will be ok, Fallout will definitely be fine..Saint's Row 2, I think a lot looks fun in the game..like GTA when it was actually more fun and crazy times 3, they are going really over the top and crazy with it, but still it could turn out only mediocre. Gears 2 will be fine too for that audience that wants more gears.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ma7moud

Yeah, I expected 08 to be a better year so far it isn't that good hopefully the upcoming games will be better.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Vaxadrin

Mirror's Edge

will justify the rest of the average fall
CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CactusWolf

Give it time. 

I didn't have much hope for those games anyways..
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_

Oh god, not another "Too Human sucks and Mercs 2 sucks lololol" thread. Seriously.

I'm not worried about any game I'm buying this Fall, and I never will be. I'll just say that.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Even though the Force Unleashed hasn't received fantastic scores, I'm still gonna give it a shot. Mercs 2 was pretty bad, but it still managed to be kind of fun at times, though it's definitely not a game I would buy. Saints Row 2 looks pretty fun and insane. All in all, I think it'll be more enjoyable than the first game. It seems to be taking the series in a more crazy direction rather than continuing to copy GTA, which is cool. Fable 2 could end up being pretty great, but personally I hardly have any interest in it. Gears 2 will probably be good, but I still need to finish the first one. I just haven't really ever gotten into it... not sure why.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

They will...I don't see how anyone had big stock in the games that came out already as I said...they all only looked average. The big titles people always refer to that will be good for each console respectively, at least to who is interested in them will be - Fable 2, Gears 2, Left 4 Dead,dead space,Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Farcry 2, Fallout 3..think I basically named all the big titles..those probably almost all of them will at least be above average to good, regardless of just 'how good' each does...SW TFU, Mercs 2, and Too Human..I'm still so puzzled as to how anyone thought they were going to be good though.

I'm mainly only interested in dead space, Farcry 2, fallout 3, Left4Dead and Stalker(interested in seeing how mirrors edge turns out though) I like the mor einteresting or original IP's way more than just sequels of the same game..fallout 3 regardless of teh 3 everyone should know is far different from the last ones..same with Farcry 2, not being lied to about being in an open world anymore, and you have waay more freedom and a much better area to explore..and the map editor, it shouldn't even be linked to Farcry honestly, its like a mile better.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By duxup

Considering history I don't think you could look at Too Human without some trepidation.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crunchUK

i played to human in the shop a while ago. it was cool i don't see why it got such crap reviews. also no i am not worried about other games because there's plenty of fish in the sea. hell there's loads of already out games i want like orange box, test drive unlimited, DIRT... that i can always get if they fail

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Johnny5

Wait until the holiday games start coming out. Plus this year we already had GTA IV and MGS4, so this year has been pretty big already.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By kush

This year has already had plenty of big/great games...and there are plenty more coming very soon. 2007/2008 have both been fantastic years for gaming.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Rock Band 2 made things a bit better I suppose...

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Discorsi

fallout 3 looks lame.  SOmeone please enlighten me as to how it even resembles a good game. >.>

AlucardaLaCarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlucardaLaCarte

I'm tenatively looking forward to Fallout 3, so I guess I'll address it: firstly it's a non-fantasy RPG and there still aren't enough of those (especially on the MMO market), so that's reason enough to get a little excited. The gameplay is going to be wide-open and free-roaming, allowing a great deal of freedom to go where you want and do what you want.
What exactly looks terrible about it to you?

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Player1

Though there has been flops the REALLY big games have yet to come out. Gears 2, Cod5, Fallout 3, resistance LBP ect. 

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, because the fate of 3 unrelated games means all games released in the remainder of the year are doomed to the same fate.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rowr

To be fair, it was always a bit iffy about how Too Human and TFU unleashed would turn out.

I expected Mercs 2 to do better though.

Dont forget we have already had GTA 4, MGS 4, Burnout Paradise and Ninja Gaiden 2. All considered excellent games.

Robocop111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Robocop111

If your worry you should play my game Robocop vs The Terminator.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Johnny5
Discorsi said:
"fallout 3 looks lame.  SOmeone please enlighten me as to how it even resembles a good game. >.>"
I think a game like fallout 3 cant be judged from previews as I think games like that tend to draw on a total experience. Greater than the sum of its parts so to speak. Then again it might be crap :)
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rowr
Discorsi said:
"fallout 3 looks lame.  SOmeone please enlighten me as to how it even resembles a good game. >.>"
Because its oblivion in a post apocolyptic world with guns.
Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Johnny5
Rowr said:
"Discorsi said:
Because its oblivion in a post apocolyptic world with guns.
"
sounds pretty good to me :D
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By coakroach

People who hyped Too Human were the Xbox 360 fanboy equivalent to PS3 owners who hyped Haze
Star Wars games have quite the legacy of fail
The only one on that list that surprised me was Mercs 2
On the bright side, I got Spore and its fun on the bun :)

jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jlaudio7

I'm a little worried about Fable 2, Mirrors Edge, Fracture, and Dead Space. I'm not worried about the rest.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpecTackle

I only care about Dead Space out of that list to be honest. Much more excited for L4D.. Mirrors Edge looks ok.. gears 2.. meh.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Endogene

actually there have been some amazing DS games that were released this month

AlucardaLaCarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AlucardaLaCarte

Vcoakroach said:

"People who hyped Too Human were the Xbox 360 fanboy equivalent to PS3 owners who hyped Haze
Star Wars games have quite the legacy of fail
The only one on that list that surprised me was Mercs 2
On the bright side, I got Spore and its fun on the bun :)"

Very true! Spore turned out about as well as I had hoped. And actually I'm now playing Force Unleashed and having a blast with it, so I'm a tad heartened by those two.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Verdugo

I wait impatiently for Project Origin.

AlucardaLaCarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlucardaLaCarte

And Alpha Protocol.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By clubsandwich

I'm not worried about Gears of War 2, Saints Row 2, nor Banjo Kazooie: NaB, I know those games will deliver. :)

otteaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By otteaux

I'm pretty stoked for Fallout 3.  And I've got more than enough gaming out of this late Summer/early Fall season with NHL09, Vesperia, and Infinite Undiscoveries.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Subway

I was stoked about 08, now I only want a couple of games. =[

Jigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jigen

Personally I saw Two Human being mediocre years off.  How did anyone let themselves get hyped for that one anyways?

Mercs 2 is a damn fun game, it's very buggy, but far from 'broken' (at least the 360 & PS3 versions are solid).

I would watch out if you're anticipating Saint's Row 2, I think it will be solid, but not real great.  Dead Space is just one of the titles coming in the next 2 months that I'm hyped for.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Balls

And don't forget Crashing Memo. That's probably the only time I've like actually salivated while watching a trailer. I mean wow.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By jakob187

Scared about Dead Space?!  WHAT?!

Fable II will fail beyond epic fucking scales...the same way its predecessor did.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By xruntime
Discorsi said:
I concur. I was instantly turned off by the grey/brown tint, and it doesn't look like anything truly innovative or fun. The combat looked really boring, and VATS looks like a waste of time, cause the computer is doing it for me. Of course, I'm judging just based on the videos.
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Demilich
Linkyshinks said:
"Crysis :Warhead has delivered ;)

I seriously doubt Left 4 Dead and Gears 2 will fall victim, and Far Cry 2. Fable2 is the only dodgy one in my eyes, I just do not trust Peter M, he talks well but I fear he will fail to deliver on grand claims, as per usual."
Agreeing with this. Except I think Gears 2 will be a mega rehash, though the fans will still eat it up and pretend it tastes good.
TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TEAMHOLT
TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TEAMHOLT
Demilich said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"Crysis :Warhead has delivered ;)

I seriously doubt Left 4 Dead and Gears 2 will fall victim, and Far Cry 2. Fable2 is the only dodgy one in my eyes, I just do not trust Peter M, he talks well but I fear he will fail to deliver on grand claims, as per usual."
Agreeing with this. Except I think Gears 2 will be a mega rehash, though the fans will still eat it up and pretend it tastes good."
Why would they be pretending? It's the game they loved except with cool new stuff and the promise of an even better experience all around.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Systech
Discorsi said:
It seems like you've already made up your mind, but the vast majority is looking forward to it. I don't think that's it's very easy to change anyone's mind when they are already not into it.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By Shadow

more than anything else, Fallout 3.  LittleBigPlannet will kick ass, as will Fable 2, and Dead Space, and Dark Void, and Resistance 2, and Gears of War 2, and countless other games I'm too cheap to get.

xXTharosXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xXTharosXx

Even though everyone is putting there hopes elsewhere then Fable 2, I enjoyed the first game, even though it didn't deliver on everyhting it said it would it was still a good game. I have faith that it will be decent but I'm not putting my excpectations too high lol

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TEAMHOLT
xXTharosXx said:
"Even though everyone is putting there hopes elsewhere then Fable 2, I enjoyed the first game, even though it didn't deliver on everyhting it said it would it was still a good game. I have faith that it will be decent but I'm not putting my excpectations too high lol"
Same here. Expectations aside, Fable was a pretty good game and Molyneaux's been pretty good about not really over-promising on this one.

I can't wait to get drunk and flip some ladies the bird. That's my kind of game.
xXTharosXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By xXTharosXx
TEAMHOLT said:
"xXTharosXx said:
"Even though everyone is putting there hopes elsewhere then Fable 2, I enjoyed the first game, even though it didn't deliver on everyhting it said it would it was still a good game. I have faith that it will be decent but I'm not putting my excpectations too high lol"
Same here. Expectations aside, Fable was a pretty good game and Molyneaux's been pretty good about not really over-promising on this one.

I can't wait to get drunk and flip some ladies the bird. That's my kind of game."
Some of my favorite parts from the original lol
Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tomzombie

pre order resident evil 5

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By calf_exercises

im sure there will be plenty of awesome games to go around this year. Sure there have been some let downs but has there always been?

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By SSbabel

Rleax mang, still a shit load of good games to come out before the end of the year.