What's The Most Angriest Fanbase You've Ever Seen?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By Giantstalker

Without a doubt, MOBA communities (DotA/LoL/HoN) takes first place. The runner up would definitely have to be the growing ranks of "indie" gamers who hate "mainstream" gaming with a passion that borders on comical.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Terramagi

Bioware ex-fans.

Dragon Age 2 was a sign of things to come.

Mass Effect 3 was a war crime.

That said I'm still going to say Megaman Legends fans. Our rage will BURN FOREVER

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#203  Edited By StarvingGamer

Soccer née futbol

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#204  Edited By Deusoma
@mikey87144 said:

I think it's unfair to say fans of x are angry. It usually is a small but vocal minority that causes people to paint a broad brush over the entire fanbase.

You got this point dead on. You can point to literally anything and find people interested in it who are this angry inside. Look at sports fans who start riots when their favourite team loses unexpectedly. Doesn't mean that all of them are violent assholes. Similarly, not every Bioware fan exploded into fury because of the shitty ME3 ending, and not everyone who plays Halo or Call of Duty are rabid zealots who spend their nights dreaming up new combinations of racial slurs and obscenities to launch at the opposing fanbase.
VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#205  Edited By VanderSEXXX

@Giantstalker said:

Without a doubt, MOBA communities (DotA/LoL/HoN) takes first place. The runner up would definitely have to be the growing ranks of "indie" gamers who hate "mainstream" gaming with a passion that borders on comical.

THIS!!!! I've also been observing and noticing this.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#206  Edited By Seroth

Silent Hill, easily. They will hate anything Silent Hill-related that isn't Silent Hill 1 through 3. They even find ways to crap on the brilliant Shattered Memories.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#207  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Svenzon said:

Fallout fans, though they've crossed the line between "angry" and "absolutely psychotic" long ago. One guy from NMA actually wrote a 20,000 word manifest against Fallout 3 back when the first screenshots came out. A MANIFEST!

You mean this thing? I wouldn't say Fallout fans in general are "absolutely psychotic", really. No Mutants Allowed is known for its extremist approach to the franchise. And for all the greatness that they have produced in terms of patches for Fallout and Fallout 2, they are extremely radical. That thread shows how over the top they can be. It's not a pretty place to go, if you ask me.

Fallout fans in general are OK, though.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#208  Edited By AcidBrandon18

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. I don't know if the RE community is bad though. I know RE has gone down the crapshoot. Thats why I keep playing the PSone games and avoid bitching about the new ones.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By DeF

Extreme sports-fans.

You know, with actual riots and shit?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210  Edited By falserelic

@AcidBrandon18 said:

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. I don't know if the RE community is bad though. I know RE has gone down the crapshoot. Thats why I keep playing the PSone games and avoid bitching about the new ones.

I'm also a huge resident evil fan I've played all of the games. I love playing survival horror games in general its my favorite game genre. My two favorite RE games is the RE remake and RE2.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By DeF

@Video_Game_King said:

@AlisterCat said:

That's a double superlative. Use either most angry or angriest. I just wanted to point it out since I learnt what it means. :p

......Grammar fanboys. Their the most angriest.

oh come on, now you're just asking for it.

:D

(yup, I fell into your trap knowingly^^)

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By fattony12000

I don't just see anger inside them.

But, fear, also.

Fear leading to anger.

Anger leading to hate.

Hate leading to suffering.

Lightsabers.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By falserelic

@Fattony12000 said:

I don't just see anger inside them.

But, fear, also.

Fear leading to anger.

Anger leading to hate.

Hate leading to suffering.

Lightsabers.

Those poor souls will find a road filled with darkness. The further they walk down that road the darker it gets. Its a road that leads to nowhere, trust me I've been there I was born from darkness.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#214  Edited By tebbit

@Bell_End said:

@falserelic said:

@amir90 said:

I remember when Devil May Cry 4 was coming for the 360, there was actually a petition for it, AGAINST IT!

Some PS3 fans have been really angry, more so than the Nintendo and 360 fans.

Most have been already mentioned.

I was abit angry how DMC4 turnout. I felt like the game had potential.

i got so angry i crushed a grape.

Damn son, back the fuck up.

rniemeijer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By rniemeijer

Religion...

oh yeah.

Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There isn't one really in particular because every fan base has that group of idiots who think the are entitled to every little thing. Even the Giant Bomb fanbase, as someone said earlier

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Aronman789

Minecraft fans are the worst. The game is fine, but it isn't the cyber-messiah they pretend it is, and if you say anything bad about it or the devs, you get shit on majorly. Same thing could be said about the GW2 fanbase at the beginning of the betas, but they seem to have calmed down now.

mandrewgora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By mandrewgora

GB fans.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By falserelic

Well video game wise. It seem like the majority of people picked bioware's fanbase as the most angriest. The rage consumed everyone after witnessing the ME3 ending. So much sadness and anger dwells in those heartbroken fans. Same goes for the Socom fans as well. Hell before people was pissed about Socom 4 it was Socom Confrontation they was angry about.

Slant 6 developed that game and the problem was it was barely functional. Blackwidow is one of the most angriest socom fans. He even got the attention of the developers of slant 6 and zipper. I enjoyed watching his vids I always found him funny.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#220  Edited By Nev

I'd have to say WoW. Playing it for years, and never really even getting pissy over even the worst changes, it never ceased to bum me out when every single small change turned into "ITS THE END FUUUUUUUU BLIZ U SUKKKK!!!111! I'M QUITTING FOR VANGUARD!!1 WOW IS DED!11 NGHHHH"

Bleh. But, it's true, most fan-bases are pretty terrible in some corner of them, certainly.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Zlimness
No Caption Provided

I don't know, but this is kind of nuts.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By DG991

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

Pissed off fanbases?

Fan is short for Fanatic. ;)

With that in mind- you must realize that all Fanbases are wretched, short-sighted, easily offended scum by default. Some are just worse than others. :P

>_>

As for the question itself... The four angriest fanbases I've seen would have to be: (In no particular order)

1. Nintendo(Many other posters have given the main examples of this)
  2. League of Legends(See below >_> )
  3. Starcraft 2(I dare you to visit either of these forums, I DARE YOU <_< )
  4. Mass Effect(Again, for obvious reasons)

You're wrong about SC2 btw. They can be angry at times, but most of the time they are so circle jerky and love the game and players so much that it actually is worse than being angry. Just because the community is gigantic compared to others it might seem like a large amount of the community is angry, but really it is just so big that the small angry part of the community is as large as some other full sized games.

And btw, the SC 2 community struggles when it comes to talking about other games like LoL. Half of the community wants to deny that they aren't the biggest game in esports, and the other half wants to embrace the fact that esports is growing. I would say that is where I see the most anger.

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DG991 said:

@TeflonBilly said:

Probably Zelda fans after Jeff's 8.8 review of Twilight Princess. I mean, people were livid, some going so far as to track down his parents' phonenumber and harrass them and shit if I remember correctly. Plus all the hate and vitriol, yikes. What cracks me up the most is that in hindsight everybody has agreed with him. What a shameful display that was.

What started as justified anger and disappointment from Mass Effect fans after the "fuck you" that ME3's ending was, it quickly spiraled out of control. Don't get me wrong I ansolutely hate it and it was the last straw in my goodwill towards Bioware, but some people went overboard man. I saw more outrage over that shit ending than the genocide in Darfur.

The Zelda thing is something I forgot about... 8.8 is a generous score for that game and for the record I love the shit out of that game. I want to replay it soon actually, I wish they would remaster it for the wii U. God I want to play it right now actually... but I acknowledge the faults of the game. The amount of anger for that game was intense.

But I am sorry... there should have been even MORE anger about that ME3 shit. It wasn't even just about the ending for me, it was about everything that game represented. After DA 2 fucked up DA: O amazing experience, I was not going to be forgiving on the next game. Then they release this piece of shit on Origin, forcing me to install it if I choose to actually buy it legally... which I did (I wish I torrented it), and they have DAY 1 DLC that is a core part of the game experience imo.

The ending and the pay to win multiplayer was just a nice pile of crap on top of the shit cake. That game is a perfect example of an amazing franchise being ruined by greed. No respect or concern at all for the fans and legal customers.

My friend and I love ME 1 and 2, but we actually have lengthy angry rants about how disappointed we are with ME3 and sometimes we need to cool off because we get so angry lol. I wish I was joking, it is probably the stupidest first world problem ever, but it's true. I've never been more pissed off about a video game.

Now for my contribution... I don't know if I would call them the angriest, but the old counter strike community used to be just terribly cruel to anyone and everyone. They probably still are, but that is why I left. Starcraft is almost the exact opposite in a bad way, they just circle jerk every time they talk about anything.

'Cause I guess naming EA among the worst companies in America (over companies that have taken people's homes), legal action, and death threats were not enough for Mass Effect 3. I thought the ending was shit but people took it way to far.

It deserves to be up there with the worst companies in America. Legal action wasn't going to work, that was always just wishful thinking. Death threats are almost never justified in this country, so of course I don't advocate that.

But I felt like the extremists (death threats, attacks) distracted people and took away some of the actual justified anger. Just by playing it, I felt like the attitude that went into making that game was like "We already got 2 good games and lured people in, let's just finish this trilogy and move on, money money money". It just had greed written all over it and I am glad that people stood up and gave them hell about it. Sure, they still made a lot of money, but I bet a decent amount of people will think twice before buying a game from EA or Bioware from now on. I'm going to wait until I see a 5 star review and every person I know talking about a bioware game before I even think about buying it from now on after the last 3 fuck ups.

@Little_Socrates said:

@DG991: Again, theythreatened the lives of BioWare employees and harassed one of the writers whose input was minimal on the game. More anger was absolutely not necessary.

I believe it's either the Mass Effect fans or the old guard PC crowd. Though the old guard has a minority ruining it for everybody, it just sucks to read hundreds of "THIS IS GONNA SUCK 'CAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE MY TEN-YEAR-OLD GAME" comments every time a great reboot of a PC classic comes about.

Some guided anger and frustration would have been fine with me, not the mouth breathers and inbred children of the world who actually give death threats over a video game. Anger is a very general term, and I was upset when people started to dismiss the outrage as just "the masses getting riled up over nothing". They started pointing to the people who did things like the death threats and saying "SEE! It's just outrage for the sake of outrage", but in reality they just distracted from the real issue of a video game in a trilogy being extremely disappointing because of greed and I think some laziness.

sandweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By sandweed

Gamers are the worst fanbase, I love you guys but it's time to grow up and realize that most mass marketed media sucks. There are so much more important things out there than vidja games.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#224  Edited By s-a-n-JR

They're all bad.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By falserelic

@Zlimness said:

No Caption Provided

That guy got some serious issues....

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#226  Edited By Little_Socrates

@DG991: I put that blame on BioWare, not EA. They promised everybody something with Mass Effect 2. I pretty much tried to tell anyone who would listen that they didn't have the chops to finish that story properly because Mass Effect 2 had some serious issues. Between writing issues, the dreadful final mission, the repetition between the ME series and KOTOR, etc., I knew that ME2 was being lauded for a promise that wasn't necessarily going to be fulfilled. That's why Deadly Premonition, Super Meat Boy, and Red Dead Redemption all topped it in my book; because ME2 wasn't fulfilling in and of itself, it was a promise for what's to come, and what came out was at times better than I expected and, at other, rarer times, shockingly worse.

Everyone seemed to put BioWare on this sort of pedestal before DAII and Mass Effect 3, and I pray it was for the Baldur's Gate games, because the issues that plague ME3 have been longstanding issues for BioWare, including ridiculous endings and frustrating writing. In this case, ME3 suffered what seem to be numerous rewrites and a satisfying script was never really settled.

AND EVEN IF BioWare was not responsible and EA's greed was the reason ME3 wasn't that solid, that does not make them even close to as bad as foreclosing on people's home or monopolizing the soy market. EA made one or two disappointing games and should be held accountable for it in our market, not put out to pasture in the world market. The response is so overly ridiculous that EA has decided to ignore most of it, especially because its DLC sales seem to be doing just fine. If you don't like EA's games, then fine, don't buy them, but making games people were disappointed in does not even CLOSE to set them up to be the worst company in America. If the game was completely broken, they refused to patch it, and contacted retailers to convince them not to take refunds, yes, then they might be in the running. But for releasing a couple of disappointing games? Ridiculous.

Also, if any of you other motherfuckers maintain "EA is the worst" and still buy Capcom games, I cannot abide your stance and will not be speaking to you on this matter.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Battlefield 3 Fans before it even released.

My God, they were horrible.

"Modern Warfare 3 is blah blah blah..." xs 10,000,000,000

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#228  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@DG991 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DG991 said:

@TeflonBilly said:

Probably Zelda fans after Jeff's 8.8 review of Twilight Princess. I mean, people were livid, some going so far as to track down his parents' phonenumber and harrass them and shit if I remember correctly. Plus all the hate and vitriol, yikes. What cracks me up the most is that in hindsight everybody has agreed with him. What a shameful display that was.

What started as justified anger and disappointment from Mass Effect fans after the "fuck you" that ME3's ending was, it quickly spiraled out of control. Don't get me wrong I ansolutely hate it and it was the last straw in my goodwill towards Bioware, but some people went overboard man. I saw more outrage over that shit ending than the genocide in Darfur.

The Zelda thing is something I forgot about... 8.8 is a generous score for that game and for the record I love the shit out of that game. I want to replay it soon actually, I wish they would remaster it for the wii U. God I want to play it right now actually... but I acknowledge the faults of the game. The amount of anger for that game was intense.

But I am sorry... there should have been even MORE anger about that ME3 shit. It wasn't even just about the ending for me, it was about everything that game represented. After DA 2 fucked up DA: O amazing experience, I was not going to be forgiving on the next game. Then they release this piece of shit on Origin, forcing me to install it if I choose to actually buy it legally... which I did (I wish I torrented it), and they have DAY 1 DLC that is a core part of the game experience imo.

The ending and the pay to win multiplayer was just a nice pile of crap on top of the shit cake. That game is a perfect example of an amazing franchise being ruined by greed. No respect or concern at all for the fans and legal customers.

My friend and I love ME 1 and 2, but we actually have lengthy angry rants about how disappointed we are with ME3 and sometimes we need to cool off because we get so angry lol. I wish I was joking, it is probably the stupidest first world problem ever, but it's true. I've never been more pissed off about a video game.

Now for my contribution... I don't know if I would call them the angriest, but the old counter strike community used to be just terribly cruel to anyone and everyone. They probably still are, but that is why I left. Starcraft is almost the exact opposite in a bad way, they just circle jerk every time they talk about anything.

'Cause I guess naming EA among the worst companies in America (over companies that have taken people's homes), legal action, and death threats were not enough for Mass Effect 3. I thought the ending was shit but people took it way to far.

It deserves to be up there with the worst companies in America. Legal action wasn't going to work, that was always just wishful thinking. Death threats are almost never justified in this country, so of course I don't advocate that.

But I felt like the extremists (death threats, attacks) distracted people and took away some of the actual justified anger. Just by playing it, I felt like the attitude that went into making that game was like "We already got 2 good games and lured people in, let's just finish this trilogy and move on, money money money". It just had greed written all over it and I am glad that people stood up and gave them hell about it. Sure, they still made a lot of money, but I bet a decent amount of people will think twice before buying a game from EA or Bioware from now on. I'm going to wait until I see a 5 star review and every person I know talking about a bioware game before I even think about buying it from now on after the last 3 fuck ups.

Here's my issue with that statement. That poll in question most likely means nothing to EA since it happened concurrently with the Mass Effect 3 rage fest and they'd just take that as pissy gamers being pissy. All it really does is make gamers look bad because we are saying that our problems are more important than the people who had their life destroyed by companies gambling away their cash.

Even without talking about that Mass Effect 3 was still pretty well received by the public and press, I would think most would agree that it ended terribly but people ultimately liked that game so it's not like those people getting pissed off over ME3 are speaking for most of us. Just themselves, the people who are angry that it wasn't as geared towards them which has been a complaint of ME2 and to a lesser extent the original ME. Personally I think it's better than the first Mass Effect, I would even say that it had some of the best moments in the Mass Effect series. So clearly what you are saying isn't true for all of us. And Mass Effect 3 didn't deserve any anger. It should've been more civil than that. "Hey this this and this is wrong with this. It felt like it ended without payoff or a satisfying climax guys." Instead it was just a bunch of whining and demanding. Sure people got a new ending out of it but now everyone looks like they are whiny children who fall to the ground at walmart and just scream and cry to get what they want.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Funrush

The Call of Duty fanbase. Whenever you criticize COD when a COD fanboy is around, you can expect tons of insults with no backing behind them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Not video game related but on the Something Awful forums the thread for Breaking Bad is pretty much post after post talking about what a cunt Skyler is and how awesome Walt is.  I love Breaking Bad but I think people are forgetting that Walter White cook meth and kills people.  Skyler is trying to simply cope with the fact that her seemingly normal husband decided to cook meth and murder people when he turned 50.  I am no psychiatrist but I have to imagine that information would make a person mad at their spouse and stress them out to the point where they occasionally make irrational decisions.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Jay444111

@falserelic said:

No Caption Provided

@Zlimness said:

That guy got some serious issues....

Damn... And I though I had read some dumb things on that site!

But honestly. I promise that wasn't me. I don't care who has a exclusives or what not. I just want the damn games is all. More games=more people happy with awesome games!

@Little_Socrates said:

@DG991: I put that blame on BioWare, not EA. They promised everybody something with Mass Effect 2. I pretty much tried to tell anyone who would listen that they didn't have the chops to finish that story properly because Mass Effect 2 had some serious issues. Between writing issues, the dreadful final mission, the repetition between the ME series and KOTOR, etc., I knew that ME2 was being lauded for a promise that wasn't necessarily going to be fulfilled. That's why Deadly Premonition, Super Meat Boy, and Red Dead Redemption all topped it in my book; because ME2 wasn't fulfilling in and of itself, it was a promise for what's to come, and what came out was at times better than I expected and, at other, rarer times, shockingly worse.

Everyone seemed to put BioWare on this sort of pedestal before DAII and Mass Effect 3, and I pray it was for the Baldur's Gate games, because the issues that plague ME3 have been longstanding issues for BioWare, including ridiculous endings and frustrating writing. In this case, ME3 suffered what seem to be numerous rewrites and a satisfying script was never really settled.

AND EVEN IF BioWare was not responsible and EA's greed was the reason ME3 wasn't that solid, that does not make them even close to as bad as foreclosing on people's home or monopolizing the soy market. EA made one or two disappointing games and should be held accountable for it in our market, not put out to pasture in the world market. The response is so overly ridiculous that EA has decided to ignore most of it, especially because its DLC sales seem to be doing just fine. If you don't like EA's games, then fine, don't buy them, but making games people were disappointed in does not even CLOSE to set them up to be the worst company in America. If the game was completely broken, they refused to patch it, and contacted retailers to convince them not to take refunds, yes, then they might be in the running. But for releasing a couple of disappointing games? Ridiculous.

Also, if any of you other motherfuckers maintain "EA is the worst" and still buy Capcom games, I cannot abide your stance and will not be speaking to you on this matter.

I am willing to agree with all that. But I will say that I think EA is still pretty damn high on the horrible company list. Capcom though... is so damn horrible that they left it off the list otherwise it would've won.

We must eat all their money! ALL OF IT!!!
bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#232  Edited By bananaz

@Zlimness said:

No Caption Provided

Some of this stuff is comic gold.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By DG991

@Jay444111 said:

I am willing to agree with all that. But I will say that I think EA is still pretty damn high on the horrible company list. Capcom though... is so damn horrible that they left it off the list otherwise it would've won.

What is so awful about Capcom? I am actually pretty ignorant, and I have been out of buying most games.... well pretty much since I finished ME3. I know they are terrible with DLC and stuff from what I hear on the bombcast, but I don't really know from experience.

@Little_Socrates said:

They deserve to be on a list as a shit company. At least they deserve to be on a list for treating their customers the worst right below Comcast and further below the companies that foreclose and monopolize soy and what not. Am I arguing that they are truly the worst company in america? No... come on, they just did it for the bottom line knowing no one is going to lose their homes or anything like that. But still... if you want me to make the argument that entertainment is a very serious and important thing in these times for some people I can give it a try. I've heard other people make the argument before. (I'm fine though in almost every way atm, so it would be kind of for other people)

I think you are underselling Mass Effect 2. And this is just me personally, but Dragon Age: Origins is up there as one of my favorite games I have ever played. After DA2, I was disappointed. SWTOR was an embarrassment to everyone that touched it, the trailers for it were the only good thing that came out of that game. ME3 really did not have to be that bad, and I am not only talking about the ending. I truly think that the reason for it being bad is just laziness and greed, not deadlines. They were going to make a similar amount of money whether they actually made the amazing game I know they were capable of making or made this merely passable attempt.

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DG991 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DG991 said:

@TeflonBilly said:

Here's my issue with that statement. That poll in question most likely means nothing to EA since it happened concurrently with the Mass Effect 3 rage fest and they'd just take that as pissy gamers being pissy. All it really does is make gamers look bad because we are saying that our problems are more important than the people who had their life destroyed by companies gambling away their cash.

Even without talking about that Mass Effect 3 was still pretty well received by the public and press, I would think most would agree that it ended terribly but people ultimately liked that game so it's not like those people getting pissed off over ME3 are speaking for most of us. Just themselves, the people who are angry that it wasn't as geared towards them which has been a complaint of ME2 and to a lesser extent the original ME. Personally I think it's better than the first Mass Effect, I would even say that it had some of the best moments in the Mass Effect series. So clearly what you are saying isn't true for all of us. And Mass Effect 3 didn't deserve any anger. It should've been more civil than that. "Hey this this and this is wrong with this. It felt like it ended without payoff or a satisfying climax guys." Instead it was just a bunch of whining and demanding. Sure people got a new ending out of it but now everyone looks like they are whiny children who fall to the ground at walmart and just scream and cry to get what they want.

There is more to it than the ending and it being geared towards the GoW and CoD crowd. The pay to win, first day important DLC, forced origins, and other nonsense just all added up to it being a very very very disappointing game for all the bullshit we had to go through.

I bought it, and I had a friend who downloaded it illegally. I paid $10 extra for that bullshit first day DLC, and he got it all free. He didn't have to install origins. The multiplayer is a waste of space. This is the bleak video game future that everyone always talks about... Some free loader got a better experience than me even though he didn't pay $70ish bucks for it.

I'd just like to say I am over the anger now. And to clarify because we started this a few pages ago, I am arguing that the anger over ME3 was more than justified. Although I do not support death threats and things like it. I think it is a shame that we can't get a huge boycott or something to actually work for once to stop these annoying business practices that all came together and imo ruined ME3.

I don't game much anymore. I've only played the walking dead in the past couple months.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By algertman

EA/Bioware Defense Force was insane. Simply because of how high up the chain it went. You had websites attacking anybody who dared speak out against ME3.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By HerbieBug

Standing desk proponents. Very defensive bunch. Will and Norm of tested included. Even slight suggestion that the very idea is fucking stupid is met with a rapid call to arms and quoting of health benefit studies.

People who exclusively use Mac products.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By tmthomsen

Mobas. All of them.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By NTM

Why do you always add the "most" in your titles? The "most" angriest?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#238  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@DG991 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DG991 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DG991 said:

@TeflonBilly said:

There is more to it than the ending and it being geared towards the GoW and CoD crowd. The pay to win, first day important DLC, forced origins, and other nonsense just all added up to it being a very very very disappointing game for all the bullshit we had to go through.

I bought it, and I had a friend who downloaded it illegally. I paid $10 extra for that bullshit first day DLC, and he got it all free. He didn't have to install origins. The multiplayer is a waste of space. This is the bleak video game future that everyone always talks about... Some free loader got a better experience than me even though he didn't pay $70ish bucks for it.

I'd just like to say I am over the anger now. And to clarify because we started this a few pages ago, I am arguing that the anger over ME3 was more than justified. Although I do not support death threats and things like it. I think it is a shame that we can't get a huge boycott or something to actually work for once to stop these annoying business practices that all came together and imo ruined ME3.

I don't game much anymore. I've only played the walking dead in the past couple months.

You don't have to pay for the multiplayer stuff, all you gotta do is not buy the multiplayer gamble stuff (the ability to pay for that stuff shouldn't be in there) and play it. Wether or not ME3 should have a multiplayer is definitely an important question although I enjoyed but whatever.

The changes definitely deserved discussion. As I said I would argue that Mass Effect 3 had some of the best and worst moments in the ME franchise therefore making ME2 a more consistently enjoyable experience. But I thought ME3 was pretty good overall. I thought the DLC character stuff was a good addition. I think they should have used that character as the "You buy new you get this free" thing and the multiplayer stuff should have been accessible to everyone seeing as it was their first shot at something like that. However they did promise the people who bought the collector's edition a free character and no one bitched about it until it was leaked who it would be then people lost their shit.

I don't have a PC to play games so as far as I know EA could have a program that creates a holographic dick that fucks anyone who installed Origins up the ass so I can't talk about how pirating and not having origins makes everything better. That means I also didn't have to go through as much "bullshit" as you to enjoy the game even though I spent money on the collector's edition which I bought for the art-book and metal-case. I didn't know about the extra character until after I ordered it and then when everyone lost their shit I was on the outside like "Whoa what?"

I don't know. I think both sides lost really. Because of the raging that happened Bioware/EA/ME/Gamers look worse. Bioware had to release a new ending (they can't fucking win), EA had to release all the DLC for free, gamers look like entitled bitches. That ending was terrible as well as some of the publisher's practices but should the game suffer so much for that? That main game was mostly an amazing experience. I should probably make a write up or video of what I felt about the Mass Effect series as a whole or something. I got a lot to say.

Etnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Etnos

Whoever that Youtube dork is, He has social resentment issues.

About silly fanbase: I think Diablo 3 is reaching ridicoulous proportions right now... D3 has some issues, but it is fantastic.

Its been for 10 weeks and people is flipping out for "FIXES"

.... trolls man trolls.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By mandude

@bananaz said:

@Zlimness said:

No Caption Provided

Some of this stuff is comic gold.

I'm not sure if I'd rather it be real or a joke. It's pretty fantastic either way, I guess.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#241  Edited By nickux

Republicans

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By DG991

@nickux: lol, Liberals are not much better.

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DG991 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DG991 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@DG991 said:

@TeflonBilly said:

You don't have to pay for the multiplayer stuff, all you gotta do is not buy the multiplayer gamble stuff (the ability to pay for that stuff shouldn't be in there) and play it. Wether or not ME3 should have a multiplayer is definitely an important question although I enjoyed but whatever.

The changes definitely deserved discussion. As I said I would argue that Mass Effect 3 had some of the best and worst moments in the ME franchise therefore making ME2 a more consistently enjoyable experience. But I thought ME3 was pretty good overall. I thought the DLC character stuff was a good addition. I think they should have used that character as the "You buy new you get this free" thing and the multiplayer stuff should have been accessible to everyone seeing as it was their first shot at something like that. However they did promise the people who bought the collector's edition a free character and no one bitched about it until it was leaked who it would be then people lost their shit.

I don't have a PC to play games so as far as I know EA could have a program that creates a holographic dick that fucks anyone who installed Origins up the ass so I can't talk about how pirating and not having origins makes everything better. That means I also didn't have to go through as much "bullshit" as you to enjoy the game even though I spent money on the collector's edition which I bought for the art-book and metal-case. I didn't know about the extra character until after I ordered it and then when everyone lost their shit I was on the outside like "Whoa what?"

I don't know. I think both sides lost really. Because of the raging that happened Bioware/EA/ME/Gamers look worse. Bioware had to release a new ending (they can't fucking win), EA had to release all the DLC for free, gamers look like entitled bitches. That ending was terrible as well as some of the publisher's practices but should the game suffer so much for that? That main game was mostly an amazing experience. I should probably make a write up or video of what I felt about the Mass Effect series as a whole or something. I got a lot to say.

I would say both sides did NOT lose. Bioware might have lost because they lost a sizable part of their fanbase after the last couple of games. But EA now knows that people will put up with almost any shit to play a game. For as much bitching and whining as there was, I still think ME3 made a hell of a lot of money. It was going to even if it was just a 2 hour point and click game about trying to find EDI's cold metal clitoris.

That should have been the ending for ME3 actually...

InvaderSkooj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By InvaderSkooj

@Brodehouse said:

BioWare fanbase has been unreasonable and histrionic since Neverwinter Nights. KOTOR was them betraying their fans, Jade Empire was them betraying their fans, Mass Effect was them betraying their fans, Mass Effect 2 was them betraying their fans, Dragon Age 2 was them betraying their fans, Mass Effect 3 was them betraying their fans. The only game that wasn't a betrayal was Dragon Age Origins, but then they announced it would come out on consoles and then they betrayed their fans. BioWare has to have gained new fans, betrayed them and gained new fans again at least 4 times over by now. Ironically, it's actually the best business plan, as evidenced by Nintendo.

Agreed with this. The fact that they've come out and turned parts of thread into a debate forum over the matter makes it all the more clear who "wins" this thread.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Twiggy199

Well im going to have to say Mass Effect fans, I think we all know why....

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#245  Edited By zaccheus

@bibamatt said:

The Giant Bomb fanbase. Try criticizing the site's content/the bombcast and get destroyed by fanboys.

...HALF joking.

I fucking love this site, but there is some sad truth to this for sure... You are not paying so you don't have the right to criticize anyway asshole! It's still a pretty good community compared to most others.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#246  Edited By confusedowl

Ps3 is the worse I've seen. When Final Fantasy was announced to be a 360 title as well the shitstorm was so bad. If I recall correctly there was actually youtube videos of people CRYING about it.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By illmatic19

I remember FF12 being a shit storm (I thought it was good.)

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#248  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Er, gametrailers?

TricksterLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By TricksterLoki

Dark Souls fans bitching about the PC port after they petition for it.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By MrKlorox

The old school Fallout fans were pretty pissed before Fallout 3 came out. I thought they were crazy shitting on a game so hard before it came out. Sadly it turns out they were mostly right though.

I have a feeling the STALKER fanbase will be similarly pissed once the world catches wind of what Bethesda is serving up and if Survarium doesn't deliver.