• 147 results
#1 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Mine is, "always go the opposite of the way you're supposed to go."  Say your going down a hallway that splits left and right and the game map says to go left.  I will just naturally go right first because there is usually something that way that will help me, like health or ammo, or there might be a  collectible or unlock.

#2 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -

Mine is "Wait till I pause or say 'okay' before you cut in front of the teevee."

Fuckin' inconsiderate guest asshole bitch motherfucking bastards....

#3 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

"Get hit a lot."

#4 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2502 posts) -

Always plug in the yellow and red cords into the tv, not yellow and white.
#5 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

HP>0

#6 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Save the pizza.  

STOP RUSHING THE PIZZA YOU TURTLE ASS HOLES MY HEALTH IS LOWER D:

#7 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@Jolly_Lolly said:
" Save the pizza.   STOP RUSHING THE PIZZA YOU TURTLE ASS HOLES MY HEALTH IS LOWER D: "
Just like, "I killed the monster I get the gold you douche."
#8 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

No motherfucking guides.

#9 Posted by Gylfi (58 posts) -

Always kill the one in the dress 1st!

#10 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

"Don't eat and play at the same time, the controllers get all sticky, ew."

#11 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

You should always kill the ranged/spell casting enemys first.
#12 Posted by J1M3N7 (39 posts) -

Spin round until really dizzy...

#13 Posted by LiquidPrince (15901 posts) -

The game requires a good story. Or an entertaining one.

#14 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

Spawn more overloads.

#15 Posted by Satune (477 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" The game requires a good story. Or an entertaining one. "
This. Without a good story, im less interested by games, unless that game is Street Fighter.
#16 Posted by householdutensils (11 posts) -

Shutup! Cut scene!

#17 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2502 posts) -
@householdutensils said:
"Shutup! Cut scene! "
this.
#18 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

"sports games suck" is really the only rule I stick by.

#19 Posted by some1 (202 posts) -

Always bring the bigger gun.

#20 Posted by liugeaux (12 posts) -

Don't ask me what the buttons do...just press them and figure the shit out.

#21 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Don't bother with the game manual, I've got this.

#22 Posted by NickNorman (435 posts) -

At least when I play TF2. ;) In general: Explore everywhere before going after the boss. I hate stuff that gets lost forever. Oh, and welcome to Giant Bomb, @liugeaux!
#23 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -

Over the years, especially with games like Zelda, I've made it a ritual to got left first.

#24 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -

Mute TV and put turn on Itunes. ^_^ I have done that with every game except for Bioshock two years ago.
#25 Posted by punkxblaze (2968 posts) -

Save everywhere, because the autosave option is never on when you think it is.

#26 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Complete EVERYTHING in single player.

#27 Posted by Xeiphyer (5601 posts) -

Always take the wrong path to check for secrets, and go back if you accidentally take the right one.

Also, Games based off of movies always suck.

Reload gun after every kill

#28 Posted by LordCrom (277 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
"Mine is, "always go the opposite of the way you're supposed to go."  Say your going down a hallway that splits left and right and the game map says to go left.  I will just naturally go right first because there is usually something that way that will help me, like health or ammo, or there might be a  collectible or unlock.  "

I am absolutely the same way.  I don't want to miss a single thing, so I go the opposite direction first to make sure there is nothing there I would miss, then I backtrack and go the direction I was initially told to go.  Tends to make all of my games play twice as long.  Awesome when you have achievements or trophies that encourage such gameplay. :)
#29 Posted by Lashe (1245 posts) -

See this? It's a cutscene. See that? That's the door. See you later on!

#30 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1479 posts) -
@Xeiphyer said:
"Reload gun after every kill "
I'm guilty of it too, I say guilty because there always manages to be someone a few seconds behind that person to kill me while I'm reloading.
#31 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

Aim for the head.

#32 Posted by Herreno (333 posts) -

Breathe.

#33 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@Bruce said:
" Mute TV and put turn on Itunes. ^_^ I have done that with every game except for Bioshock two years ago. "
Personally I don't get how people can handle doing that. I don't care how bad the audio the game has I have to listen to it as it was intended. My sister that when she plays and it annoys me just seeing her do it.  
#34 Posted by SinGulaR (2282 posts) -

No cheats, no guides. And manual only if it's absolutly neccessary.

#35 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

Play through the single player first, and than go back to find the collectables.

#36 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

"Don't buy unless you're pretty sure you'll finish the game."

Actually... number one is probably closer to "Make sure you have a bowl loaded and plenty on the tray before you play."

#37 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Suicrat said:
" Mine is "Wait till I pause or say 'okay' before you cut in front of the teevee."  Fuckin' inconsiderate guest asshole bitch motherfucking bastards.... "
lmao. That's a good one.
#38 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@householdutensils said:

" Shutup! Cut scene! "

The amount of times I've said those exact words... 

Also, I reload my gun after every kill, always, for ever.
#39 Posted by EVO (3889 posts) -
@Bruce said:
" Mute TV and put turn on Itunes. ^_^ I have done that with every game except for Bioshock two years ago. "
Please tell me you didn't do that for Dead Space.
#40 Posted by lordofultima (6230 posts) -

"Left is right, right is wrong." I use this ALWAYS when there are two paths splitting apart. Never look back, unless of course you find out that left was actually wrong, and right was well...right. Then you have to. USE THESE WORDS WISELY.

#41 Posted by Retrogimp (187 posts) -
@Suicrat said:
" Mine is "Wait till I pause or say 'okay' before you cut in front of the teevee."  Fuckin' inconsiderate guest asshole bitch motherfucking bastards.... "
Lol. I know the feeling.
#42 Posted by lordofultima (6230 posts) -
@Retrogimp: I'm the exact opposite, when people ASK to go in front of the T.V. I'm like FOR FUCK SAKES JUST WALK BY ALREADY, STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS.
#43 Posted by Retrogimp (187 posts) -
@lordofultima: Haha Fair enough. Most people don't ask me though as the look I give them usually resembles the "I'll shoot you motherfucker if you ask again" look. Especially playing Call of Duty multiplayer. Every second counts.
But, apart from that I'm a well-adjusted considerate member of society.
#44 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

WE NEED MORE DOTS!

#45 Posted by Retrogimp (187 posts) -

But like others have said here, my rule is always go left. Even if there is a cliff leading to certain doom.

#46 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -

"Don't die."

#47 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" Mine is, "always go the opposite of the way you're supposed to go."  Say your going down a hallway that splits left and right and the game map says to go left.  I will just naturally go right first because there is usually something that way that will help me, like health or ammo, or there might be a  collectible or unlock.   "
I do that too. But mainly I try my hardest not to look at trophies on my first playthrough. I like the first session to be as "natural" as possible.
#48 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -
@NickNorman said:
"
At least when I play TF2. ;) In general: Explore everywhere before going after the boss. I hate stuff that gets lost forever. Oh, and welcome to Giant Bomb, @liugeaux! "
This.
#49 Posted by Benjaminvdv (327 posts) -
@Xeiphyer said:
"Reload gun after every kill "
You have to stop doing that, it's good to keep a decent amount of ammo in your gun, but if you're good then you don't need the whole clip and constant reloading will just get you killed faster.

Anyway mine is simple... it's fun. If I don't enjoy the game (at that moment), then I just play a different game, or not at all.
#50 Posted by skywing (1153 posts) -
@ImmortalSaiyan said:
" You should always kill the ranged/spell casting enemys first. "
I agree completly. 

Headshots are important.