• 61 results
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rowr

Whats your favourite scary movie? ...uh i mean game.

What was the scariest moment from it?

Stalker's probably the scariest thing i have played, though I havent played many games that were made intentionally to be frightening.

I stumbled across a camp site and saw a few corpses laying around. I was like wtf went down here? So i look around a bit and find a corpse seemingly glitching in mid air, it was like flailing around. So I went over to have a better look only to realise there was like an invisible tentacle faced creature feeding on the corpse. PANIC. By the time i realised this it was to late, it dropped the body and turned to look at me. I panic'ed like a motherfucker and released a whole clip hitting absolutely nothing.

In that moment my heart went through my chest. Its probably the only time i have been legitimately shocked in a game.

These things go invisible

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I don't have much experience in the genre because I am a self-proclaimed pussy in this aspect of gaming, but that could be because I was young when I first played horror games (pre-teen) and I haven't really tried many recently. Anyways, I would have to go with Bioshock. It may not seem to be too scary, but the sound...hearing voices and footsteps move around you but not seeing where they're coming from...and then there was also that one moment that scared the crap out of me. I thought my game was frozen because I couldn't move backwards but I then realized I could still look around...I turned around and there was a splicer staring me right in the face.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Pibo47

Anything in the penumbra series, those games are scary as fuck.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rowr
Pibo47 said:
"Anything in the penumbra series, those games are scary as fuck."
Im not familiar with the series. Why are they scary?
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Emilio

I'd have to go with Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, and Condemned coming at second for Psychological horror.
These are the only two horror games where I had to take breaks because it was just too much for me.
The hotel escape from CoC was so intense... oooh I'm getting shivers...

I'm going through Sanitarium right now, but its more creepy than scary, and I downloaded the Suffering so I'll have to see how that one plays.

Bioshock was pretty creepy but I didn't get too far in it.

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tanuki
Rowr said:
"Pibo47 said:
Im not familiar with the series. Why are they scary?"

Mostly the atmosphere.  And you're not really given any means to defend yourself, so you always feel vulnerable.  You should definaitly try those games.  They're very cheap.  About $15-$20 an episode.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rowr
Tanuki said:
"Rowr said:
"Pibo47 said:

Mostly the atmosphere.  And you're not really given any means to defend yourself, so you always feel vulnerable.  You should definaitly try those games.  They're very cheap.  About $15-$20 an episode."
Sounds scary. I hate the idea of not having anything to defend myself with.  Might check it out tho.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Black_Rose

either STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl or Resident Evil 2. I never beat STALKER, i just couldn't do it.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I know I'm going to sound like a complete pussy but I rented Halo 2 when it first came out and the part where you're the alien and you fight the flood scared the shit out of me. Like I had 5 grunts and 2 hunters and they all just die and I'm left all alone and there are all these sounds and gurgles..*shivers*

Had to beat it with a friend :\

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pibo47
Tanuki said:
"Rowr said:
"Pibo47 said:

Mostly the atmosphere.  And you're not really given any means to defend yourself, so you always feel vulnerable.  You should definaitly try those games.  They're very cheap.  About $15-$20 an episode."
SOOO true, very good games.
KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By KillaMaStA

I HATE scary games.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By Vaxadrin

Siren was really scary, but it unfortunately falls into the classic survival horror "scary because it's a pain in the ass to control" subgenre.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By RandomHero666
Roger_Klotz said:
"The original resident evil for the gamecube. Scared me the first time I played it. The atmosphere is one of the creepiest part of the game."
i agree, Spencer mansion is one of the best settings ever
mac512k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By mac512k

I think any game really that has very dark levels, sounds like they're following you and you see bits of them every now and then but never get a clear view or shot of them. Plus it helps if you're playing at night, alone with 5.1 surround sound on. 

BioShock did that for me. Every now and then I turn around after hearing voices making sure no one was really behind me. 
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Meowayne
mac512k said:
playing at night, alone with 5.1 surround sound on. 
I couldn't do that with Silent Hill 1 / 2. Never, ever.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kush

I thinking of trying out the Silent Hill franchise for the first time and wanted to know which SH game is the scariest?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bulldog19892

Eternal Darkness was pretty great.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By c1337us

There are few games I have played scarier then Silent Hill 2. That game is sooo atmospheric and intense. At time it could be really hard to take for extended periods of time. Other good horror games I have played are Condemned 1 + 2, and the early Res Evil stuff.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By RHCPfan24

Condemned 2.  That game was really creepy.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

Silent Hill 2.

How dare you people exclude Silent Hill 2?
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheFreeMan

Eternal Darkness.....the bathtub scene. That few seconds of the game was the scariest thing in videogaming at the time (it got me twice).

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer

RE2 for me.  I played it when I was young and had no clue what to expect.  All I remember is a giant spider, then I felt my arachnophobia kick in.  Needless to say, inexplicable fear of spiders + giant-ass spider = me having a permanent hard time with horror games in general.

Even now I have a hard time with them, although I can make it.......if I mute my speakers.  -_-

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kush

I guess I'll go with Silent Hill 2 as my first game in that series. I think I'll play when the sun is out though... :P

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By clubsandwich

REmake and Eternal Darkness. That bathtub scene on ED..... my god...... I was shocked, since that time I can't go to the bathroom the way I used too. :'(

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kazona

I haven't really played all that many horror games, but out of the ones I did play the original Fatal Frame scared the living shit out of me.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By Bennyishere

I don't like scary movies, nor do I like scary games. I've really only played the Silent Hill Xbox demos and F.E.A.R. Files. The latter scared me a couple of times, like with the nurse and the sound of a dozen monsters screaming at you from the other side of a window.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#27  Edited By sarahsdad
Emilio said:
.....and I downloaded the Suffering so I'll have to see how that one plays.
I've been playing through The suffering, and it isn't really spooking me, but I'm liking the use of hallucinations and . . . . brain flashes.
Personally I got freaking spooked the first time I played Resident Evil. I hardly knew anything about games at the time, and a friend of mine put it in and started up the Playstation without telling me anything about it. The first time I went down a hall and the cinematic played for the first zombie encounter, I jumped. And then a couple minutes later when I walked by what I thought was a dead zombie, who reached up and latched on to me, I shrieked a bit. Of course, I have a weak spot when it comes to zombies. When they're done right, they freak me the heck out, even now.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gizmo

We dont go to Ravenholm. Half life is so epic every level should count as a game and be sold seperately.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RandomHero666
Kush said:
"I guess I'll go with Silent Hill 2 as my first game in that series. I think I'll play when the sun is out though... :P"
yea silent hill 2 is a good start, i got it on my birthday a little while after it came out, fucking amazing game.
Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Galv

Condemned: Criminal Origins, there was one part that made be jump so bad. Anyones who has played could plobaly guess which part it is.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dalai

Eternal Darkness has to be my favorite... amazing story, good controls, and some scenes that will make you shit yourself.

Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Prime20

Forget everything anyone else said, If you didnt shit your pants the first time you saw Pyramid Head rape a mannequin then turn his attention to you, and theres no room to move then you are more of a man than me.

Silent Hill 2 is the kind of scary that stays with you, i just lodges its self in the back of your brain, and releases itself whenever your out late at night, and you question if somethings in the dark..

A close runner up would be Eternal Darkness but thats more of a cheap thrill scary. You get a quick "Ah!" then you forget about it. You dont take anythign away with it.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By clubsandwich
Prime20 said:
"Forget everything anyone else said, If you didnt shit your pants the first time you saw Pyramid Head rape a mannequin then turn his attention to you, and theres no room to move then you are more of a man than me.

Silent Hill 2 is the kind of scary that stays with you, i just lodges its self in the back of your brain, and releases itself whenever your out late at night, and you question if somethings in the dark..

A close runner up would be Eternal Darkness but thats more of a cheap thrill scary. You get a quick "Ah!" then you forget about it. You dont take anythign away with it."
It was the opposite for me, ED scared the living fucking shit out of me with that bathtub scene, I seriously wasn't expecting that.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By Gunner

I thought doom 3 was pretty scary when it came out. FEAR didn't seem to scare me as much though.

Daeica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Daeica

Phantasmagoria, hands down.

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By normajean777
Kush said:
"I guess I'll go with Silent Hill 2 as my first game in that series. I think I'll play when the sun is out though... :P"
I just got the new one for ps3 its pretty freaky but like you im a pretty big pussy when it comes to horror and im not having to much trouble with it this is my first silent hill but i hear 2 and 3 are scary. Good luck finding 3 though i think its rare.
normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By normajean777
Gunner said:
"I thought doom 3 was pretty scary when it came out. FEAR didn't seem to scare me as much though."
hell yeah it took me awhile to man up and beat doom 3
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bulldog19892
TheFreeMan said:
"Eternal Darkness.....the bathtub scene. That few seconds of the game was the scariest thing in videogaming at the time (it got me twice)."
clubsandwich said:
"REmake and Eternal Darkness. That bathtub scene on ED..... my god...... I was shocked, since that time I can't go to the bathroom the way I used too. :'("
Oh shit! The bathtub scene! Why the hell did you remind me, damn it!? Now I won't be able to take a bath tonight!
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By clubsandwich

behold!

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

The Scary Maze Game.

BOOOO!!!

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#41  Edited By sjschmidt93

I wish I could talk like the guy on Resident Evil start screens, but... 

REEEEEEEEEEEESIDENT EEEEEEEEVIL

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iam3green

i would say resident evil 2 for n64. i was younger back then, i would there hasn't really been any scary games lately.

skippyscissors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By skippyscissors

Any Silent Hill game. 
Just finished Shattered Memories, and got a major mindfuck from the ending.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Dead Space and FEAR 2 weren't very scary, but those are my favorites to play.  Dead space got under my skin when I played it at 3AM with no one around and all the lights off, but FEAR 2 just had some jump scares every now and then.  I can't really remember a game that has scared me, because I didn't play much of the horror genre prior to this generation of consoles.  I played a bit of Silent Hill 2, that was pretty creepy.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By luce

Silent Hill 4 

Creepy ass story on top of horrible ass controls = a "shit your pants" experience

lately no I haven't played anything particularly scary

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HitmanAgent47

silent hill 3

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By Seppli

Demon's Souls. Even though it's more of terrifying than horrifying.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JJOR64

Games don't really scare me anymore, but when I first played through Resident Evil 4 I was a little scared when I first seen the chainsaw guy.

The5th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The5th

Superman 64. 'nough said.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By clubsandwich
@clubsandwich said:
" REmake and Eternal Darkness. That bathtub scene on ED..... my god...... I was shocked, since that time I can't go to the bathroom the way I used too. :'( "
I think I should add Dead Space now.