Wii U or PS Vita - Which do you see yourself purchasing?

• 160 results
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ninjakiller

Vita all the way.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ryanwho

People need to ask themselves "what happens after Uncharted" when looking at Vita. I already know WiiU is going to be "enhanced ports" (which just means the PC version) most of the first year, as well as "best" looking versions for every HD multiconsole game from then on out. Best looking, of course, if you ignore PC as people tend to do. And a few first party things. But what's in the future for Vita and 3DS? Lesser versions of games that'll come out on console later? I look at the handhelds and go "Paper Mario, then ?" and "Uncharted, then ?". I don't have money to throw around on unsure futures.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Both!

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Approximatively neither. Just not interested in a new handheld and the Wii U... I don't know... I just don't see it.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By DeeGee

@PenguinDust said:

EDIT: Heh-heh, I forgot "Both" because I didn't realize there were so many "spoiled rich kids" among our populace.

Spoiled rich kids, adults with jobs and an actual income, same thing right?

But if I was to pick either one, it'd be Wii U. I can get Uncharted and almost everything else that's going to be made on the Vita in a better version on the PS3. Smash Bros and Zelda? Only on the Wii U. So it'll get my money once those games are released.

@Shadow said:

One is another iphone (have one already) and the other can't be used without a Wii. I'll be getting a 3DS

wat. The Wii U doesn't require a Wii at all, it's a separate console.

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Branwulf

I do not want to play a shooter using that controller thanks.

Edit: That actually goes for both, Uncharted looked fiddly as hell and the Wii U controller is leagues inferior to the 360 gamepad.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MideonNViscera

Maybe the Wii U. Definitely never the Vita.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ryanwho
@Branwulf said:

I do not want to play a shooter using that controller thanks.

Than use a normal controller, which they're also making. Not every game will use the tablet, they're making normal controllers. But if you're just looking for an excuse to dismiss Nintendo offhand, I guess go with that dumbass logic that every game must use the tablet controller and not the 2 other controllers they also showed at the conference.
DarkTravesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By DarkTravesty
@Axxol said:
I don't want to spend money on a next gen console that has a library of games that I can play with the consoles I already own. I'll wait for MS' and Sony's consoles.
thats pretty much how i feel. i'll just save that theoretical money for sony/microsofts offerings in the coming years.
Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

For the moment neither, but im going to wait to see how are the games.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ryanwho
@DarkTravesty said:
@Axxol said:
I don't want to spend money on a next gen console that has a library of games that I can play with the consoles I already own. I'll wait for MS' and Sony's consoles.
thats pretty much how i feel. i'll just save that theoretical money for sony/microsofts offerings in the coming years.
But then you'll just be "spending money on a next gen console that has a library of games that I can play with the consoles I already own" but with a different brand. Whatever, I don't get fanboys. 
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By NTM

I was more excited about the Vita just a few days ago, but I'm more excited to see where the Wii U is heading. So as of right now, I'm more into the Wii U, but in the end, I'll most likely being getting both.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By zityz

@Redbullet685 said:

Neither, I want a 3DS.

This is a good point. Seams like people already have written off the 3DS, but I wouldn't mind seeing a small price drop for the handheld. I will probably get a 3ds on boxing day. and wait to see the future of the Vita. because as cool and interested as I am in it and if the PSP and PSP Go are any indicators. Software might not be there for it.

I might get a Wii U. I would like to know if its still BC with GCN games as well, which would be nice. Also wait for any kinks in the system to work itself out and I would wait for a black model, because like the Wii I have it matches NOTHING in my home save for the fridge and my microwave. The fact that Darksiders 2 will be on this seams interesting.

As for the system being a "360 with a screen" are people seeing this as a bad thing? gamers are a wierd bunch, and I for one seam interested in it because I don't like the way 360 is going. I don't care about kinect and tv and ads all over my console. So this could seam perhaphs a step in the right direction.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#64  Edited By citizenkane

Neither of them, but if I had to pick one of them, it would be the PS Vita.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Incryptic said:
@PenguinDust: The PSP was a failure in my opinion. No good games at all. I have no faith in this new PSP Vita at all. 
This comment breaks my heart right here.
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By Binman88

Probably neither, but the Vita appeals to me more than the Weeooh. I'd like to see how the Uncharted game shapes up, and what other substantial titles are on the menu for the Vita before I consider buying one. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ryanwho
@zityz said:

@Redbullet685 said:

Neither, I want a 3DS.

This is a good point. Seams like people already have written off the 3DS, but I wouldn't mind seeing a small price drop for the handheld. I will probably get a 3ds on boxing day. and wait to see the future of the Vita. because as cool and interested as I am in it and if the PSP and PSP Go are any indicators. Software might not be there for it.

I might get a Wii U. I would like to know if its still BC with GCN games as well, which would be nice. Also wait for any kinks in the system to work itself out and I would wait for a black model, because like the Wii I have it matches NOTHING in my home save for the fridge and my microwave. The fact that Darksiders 2 will be on this seams interesting.

As for the system being a "360 with a screen" are people seeing this as a bad thing? gamers are a wierd bunch, and I for one seam interested in it because I don't like the way 360 is going. I don't care about kinect and tv and ads all over my console. So this could seam perhaphs a step in the right direction.

I think the question for really powerful portables does become "why not just play this on a console". That was never a question with the DS or anything before that. Handhelds used to be an outlet for smaller devs to make the kind of games that were on console 10 years prior. So when a portable is as strong as these new ones are, the question becomes "what can I get here that I can't get better on consoles?" and "where do all those smaller devs with low budgets go now?"
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By RedSox8933

Why is both not an option? Anyway I'm still not really sold on either, but I'll probably come around on at least one of them.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BraveToaster
@ryanwho said:
@DarkTravesty said:
@Axxol said:
But then you'll just be "spending money on a next gen console that has a library of games that I can play with the consoles I already own" but with a different brand. Whatever, I don't get fanboys. 
I didn't know that made me a fanboy. I guess I need to sell all of my Nintendo products.
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#70  Edited By Little_Socrates

Almost definitely getting a Wii U, good chance I'll get a Vita sooner or later, but probably not the launch model as there's not any compelling software.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71  Edited By RichardLOlson

Neither, at the moment.  I'm not impressed by either one of them.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Marcsman

None
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By Branthog

Neither, until they prove they'll have the software to back the devices up.

Well, probably both, actually. I just wont' actually USE them. The way I don't use my DS (even though I've a DSi and a DS Lite and a DS) or my Wii (which I bought shortly after launch and have probably played a combined total of 30 hours or less in all those years).

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By zityz

@ryanwho said:

@zityz said:

@Redbullet685 said:

Neither, I want a 3DS.

I think the question for really powerful portables does become "why not just play this on a console". That was never a question with the DS or anything before that. Handhelds used to be an outlet for smaller devs to make the kind of games that were on console 10 years prior. So when a portable is as strong as these new ones are, the question becomes "what can I get here that I can't get better on consoles?" and "where do all those smaller devs with low budgets go now?"

I'd say your absolutely right on this. I think the 3DS is more a home for these things as well. I agree with you and Jeff on the "Why not just play the console version?" but I think it may come down to if you don't have the console, then maybe you don't mind taking this piece of hardware with you to play anywhere instead of in the house or living room. That's my only thought set on Vita.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ryanwho
@Axxol said:
@ryanwho said:
@DarkTravesty said:
@Axxol said:
I didn't know that made me a fanboy. I guess I need to sell all of my Nintendo products.
The logic behind it seemed fanboyish. Or maybe just redundant. Tech things always get better over time if you wait. But then you're depriving yourself of the immediate impact of some decent games. Understand there will be a good chunk of games that only come out for PC or WiiU because they simply can't work on the other consoles. You can play them now, or wait and play them later. You can get a 3DS now, or wait for version 3 in 2 years. Your logic behind not getting the WiiU can be applied to every new console its first year, is all Im saying. 
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By BraveToaster
@ryanwho said:
@Axxol said:
@ryanwho said:
@DarkTravesty said:
@Axxol said:
The logic behind it seemed fanboyish. Or maybe just redundant. Tech things always get better over time if you wait. But then you're depriving yourself of the immediate impact of some decent games. Understand there will be a good chunk of games that only come out for PC or WiiU because they simply can't work on the other consoles. You can play them now, or wait and play them later. You can get a 3DS now, or wait for version 3 in 2 years. Your logic behind not getting the WiiU can be applied to every new console its first year, is all Im saying. 
You made some damn good points. I should have taken that into consideration during the announcement.
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SSValis
@ryanwho said:
@DarkTravesty said:
@Axxol said:
Just for me living in Los Angeles I have to drive everywhere by myself and the buses here are not an enjoyable time. If I  used them on a daily basis I would be all over the Vita......
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SSValis
@SSValis said:
@ryanwho said:
@DarkTravesty said:
@Axxol said:
Just for me living in Los Angeles I have to drive everywhere by myself and the buses here are not an enjoyable time. If I  used them on a daily basis I would be all over the Vita......
opps I  quoted the wrong post
yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79  Edited By yukoasho

Apples to oranges here.  That said, I chose Vita because I'm rather disenchanted at Nintendo as a whole.  I don't really care for anything they have to offer anymore.  I'm not as big a fan of Mario and Zelda as I used to be, and that's really all I've really bought Nintendo platforms for as of late.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#80  Edited By sopranosfan

I will probably get a Vita and maybe get a Wii U.  By the way people talking about the PSP not having any good games it isn't like the DS had great games running over.  Trust me I know i have one and a lot of the better games are ports from SNES or N64.  Sure there are a few good original games for it but not a whole lot more than the PSP.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ryanwho
@sopranosfan said:
I will probably get a Vita and maybe get a Wii U.  By the way people talking about the PSP not having any good games it isn't like the DS had great games running over.  Trust me I know i have one and a lot of the better games are ports from SNES or N64.  Sure there are a few good original games for it but not a whole lot more than the PSP.
Right. But the DS totally did have great games running over. A lot of them. Significantly more than the PSP, objectively.
probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By probablytuna

Apart from the pricing of the PS Vita (which I will import instead because Australia is retarded), I am absolutely looking forward to playing Uncharted, MGS and other games (and now Bioshock!) on the system.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#83  Edited By nickux

Considering one comes out in 2011 and the other in 2012... probably both. Though I am much more excited for the Vita than I am for WiiU simply because there weren't really any actual retail games shown for WiiU. With Vita I have a good idea which games I want for it.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#84  Edited By lead_farmer

gonna have to wait and see about the WiiU. It has a lot of promise.

I will be probably get the Vita. If they go and release a Lumines game for it its a done deal. Shinin shinin shinin shinin.......

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#85  Edited By Cincaid

Neither. Neither. Neither!

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Gabriel

@Incryptic said:

@PenguinDust: The PSP was a failure in my opinion. No good games at all. I have no faith in this new PSP Vita at all.

You fucking saying Lumines was a bad game?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By shadows_kill

As of right now Vita. Wii  U looked TERRIBLE. I didn't even think it was a box til i saw that really small line on a all white picture. Also I feel completely opposite from last time there was a PSP and Wii. Wii looked amazing and turned out meh. PSP looked meh and turned... alright. Wii U looks terrible and PS Vita looks amazing! But all in all we will see how they turn out but as of now Vita. 

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By RobertOrri

Why is there not a "Both" option, seriously?

Also, both of them disappoint me. The Vita has no fucking TV out and the Wii U apparently doesn't upscale old Wii games. What the fuck, Sony and Nintendo?

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#89  Edited By sopranosfan
@ryanwho said:
@sopranosfan said:
Right. But the DS totally did have great games running over. A lot of them. Significantly more than the PSP, objectively.
I went to Gamespot because they are the easiest sortable game reviews.  By their reviews there were 99 PSP games rated 8 or higher and 102 DS games rated 8 or higher.  
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By zeforgotten

Both

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Gabriel

Having no intrest in Nintendo's first party offerings at the moment, third party games would have to look consideribly better on Wii U (one of the worst names ever) for me to jump ship into getting one. However by the time the console finds it's groove (look at the 3DS launch and foressable future I want like one game) Microsoft and Sony will get around to launching their next consoles which should make the Wii U look obsolete.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#92  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@RobertOrri said:

Apparently he thinks those of us that can afford both are "spoiled rich kids". He seems to be forgetting that some of us on this board actually have full-time jobs and enjoy gaming enough to put a decent chunk of our disposable income into it.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93  Edited By VisariLoyalist

Not the wii U only because I had a hard time using a psp comftorably that giant screen controller looks horribly uncomftorable to use. I'm sticking with sony they know how to make a flippin controller

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By RobertOrri

@sopranosfan said:

I will probably get a Vita and maybe get a Wii U. By the way people talking about the PSP not having any good games it isn't like the DS had great games running over. Trust me I know i have one and a lot of the better games are ports from SNES or N64. Sure there are a few good original games for it but not a whole lot more than the PSP.

Hahahahahahaha.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#95  Edited By triple07

Wii U. Not sure if I'll get it but it looks slightly interesting while the PS Vita seems like a waste of time since I don't play handhelds. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ryanwho
@RobertOrri said:

Also, both of them disappoint me. The Vita has no fucking TV out and the Wii U apparently doesn't upscale old Wii games. What the fuck, Sony and Nintendo?

If you don't build emulation into the hardware, software needed for emulation is generally about 5 times that of the original game. WiiU isn't 5 times as strong as the Wii, its about 3 or 4 times. So it could cause some issues. Like, if you're thinking the WiiU should be able to run Mario Galaxy the way it looks in those Dolphin screenshots, the guy running that emulator probably has 10 gigs of ram or more. Not trying to be an apologist, they probably could have upscaled to 720 at least. This is just one of those things Nintendo doesn't think about. Upscaling isn't going to cost them sales so they don't do it. Yes, it'd be nice if it did. I can't imagine someone going "no sale" over such a small issue.
NaCl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By NaCl

PSV. 

Wii U looks like another one of Nintendo's novelty products. 
Sure the general population will buy it, depending on price of course, but it's useless to gamers. 

Home consoles are wearing thin on me, having to be in the living room and fight over the TV to play. Might as well get a portable (which seem more than capable of matching current aging home consoles in graphical power), hence the PSV. 
Ya, I know the Wii U allows "no TV play" too, but why not just get a portable if that's the main way you are going to play - the Wii U isn't even a jump in processing power, it's roughly equal to the current 360/PS3.

Avatar image for jackbauerctu225
JackBauerCTU225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#98  Edited By JackBauerCTU225

More of a console and Pc never really messed with a handheld. Havent really turned on the Wii in a while, the Wii U looks pretty sweet Im still a little confused by it it seems like an iPad with a gamming controller and the box... seems like a unique idea. Gotta give it to Nintendo for being creative and extremely original. As for the Vita seems like a steal the wifi only version is the same price as the 3DS. granted Nintendo is king of handhelds, Im more intrested in the Vita over the 3ds esp after seeing that Uncharted game on it...wow,... sweet jesus

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By HitmanAgent47

WiiU probally because it's a handheld and a 1080p device for hdtvs. You get like two features for the same value. I think the ps vitamin might be too expensive for me with only handheld features.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#100  Edited By RVonE

Neither. I'm not in any way interested in the experiences that those platforms appear to sell.