Super Smash Brothers 4 Part 10: Earthbound

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Colbert as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Part 8: Kirby

Part 9: Donkey Kong

Part 10: Mother

Ness
Ness
Synopsis: A young and brash boy living on the ouskirts of Onett City, Ness learned all of his psychic tricks from his friend Paula. He is rarely seen without his trusty Baseball bat and Yo-Yo, which he uses to defeat an alien menace wreaking havoc in the future.

Notable Appearance: Mother 2(Earthbound)

SSB4 Likelyhood: 9/10

Lucas
Lucas

Synopsis: A quiet and shy boy from Tazmily village, Lucas goes to New Pork city to take down the Pig King Pokey.

Notable Appearance: Mother 3

SSB4 Likelyhood: 8/10

Claus
Claus

Ninten
Ninten

Synopsis: Perhaps the most popular Athsmatic character in gaming, Ninten is little-known in the states because his only appearance was in the orignal Mother, which only released in Japan. Whether or not his similar appearance to Ness is a coincidence is yet to be seen.

Notable Appearance: Mother

SSB4 Likelyhood: 3/10

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Colbert as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Part 8: Kirby

Part 9: Donkey Kong

Part 10: Mother

Ness
Ness
Synopsis: A young and brash boy living on the ouskirts of Onett City, Ness learned all of his psychic tricks from his friend Paula. He is rarely seen without his trusty Baseball bat and Yo-Yo, which he uses to defeat an alien menace wreaking havoc in the future.

Notable Appearance: Mother 2(Earthbound)

SSB4 Likelyhood: 9/10

Lucas
Lucas

Synopsis: A quiet and shy boy from Tazmily village, Lucas goes to New Pork city to take down the Pig King Pokey.

Notable Appearance: Mother 3

SSB4 Likelyhood: 8/10

Claus
Claus

Ninten
Ninten

Synopsis: Perhaps the most popular Athsmatic character in gaming, Ninten is little-known in the states because his only appearance was in the orignal Mother, which only released in Japan. Whether or not his similar appearance to Ness is a coincidence is yet to be seen.

Notable Appearance: Mother

SSB4 Likelyhood: 3/10

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

Ninten and Ness are way too similar. You'd also be crucified by the Earthbound fans at the Smashboards for not including Claus, who they all insisted was a must-include for Brawl.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentJ
BoG said:
"Ninten and Ness are way too similar. You'd also be crucified by the Earthbound fans at the Smashboards for not including Claus, who they all insisted was a must-include for Brawl."
If I hear some good arguements for Claus, I'll consider it.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rinkalicous

My only real problem is that you've listed Ness as having a 9/10 chance for SSB4. As far as i'm concerned, at this point, the original twelve are guaranteed to be in every iteration of smash brothers.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
Rinkalicous said:
"My only real problem is that you've listed Ness as having a 9/10 chance for SSB4. As far as i'm concerned, at this point, the original twelve are guaranteed to be in every iteration of smash brothers."
Fair enough, but with Nintendo giving absolutly no love to the Mother series in the last few years, especially in America, I wouldn't be suprised if they tried to make the entire franchise vanish, which is why I allowed a single chance of no-show.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Tireyo

What you posted makes sense. :D

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By ZombiePie

Giygas as a boss.... just think about it, it would be amazing and disturbing 2D goodness at the same time... man it's been a long time since I last played Earthbound.....

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tireyo

So what are you going to do next AgentJ?  Fire Emblem? Metal Gear? Sonic? :D

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rinkalicous
Tireyo643 said:
"So what are you going to do next AgentJ?  Fire Emblem? Metal Gear? Sonic? :D"
He says he's doing FIre Emblem at the bottom of his post
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tireyo
Rinkalicous said:
"Tireyo643 said:
"
Relax! Have mercy on the legally blind.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
Tireyo643 said:
Lol, I'll be holding off on 3rd party characters until Nintendo is done, but expect a new entry in an hour or two :)
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rinkalicous
Tireyo643 said:
"Rinkalicous said:
"Tireyo643 said:
"
Relax! Have mercy on the legally blind."
Ok... this time.
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By gam3r3OOO

What about Starman?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ
gam3r3OOO said:
"What about Starman?"
Hrmmm, convince me
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By gam3r3OOO
AgentJ said:
"gam3r3OOO said:
"What about Starman?"
Hrmmm, convince me
"
I don't really have a specific reason. I've never played Earthbound. I just think they look mean and like something that could increase variety in Smash Bros. If they had some interesting moves that used technology devices to attack instead of psychic abilities. Just an idea you can shoot it down if you don't think it will fly.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgentJ
gam3r3OOO said:
"AgentJ said:
"gam3r3OOO said:
"What about Starman?"
Hrmmm, convince me
"
I don't really have a specific reason. I've never played Earthbound. I just think they look mean and like something that could increase variety in Smash Bros. If they had some interesting moves that used technology devices to attack instead of psychic abilities. Just an idea you can shoot it down if you don't think it will fly."
The only issue i have is that Starman isn't really a very important character. The characters that are already playable in SSBB are all important characters, the Marios and Peaches and Bowsers, that their series couldn't do without. Its not that I want to shoot it down, but I have a hard time adding a character I know next to nothing about unless someone convinces me that they deserve a spot.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Systech
AgentJ said:
"gam3r3OOO said:
"What about Starman?"
Hrmmm, convince me
"
1/128 chance that you can get the Sword of kings?
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Coltonio7
systech said:
"AgentJ said:
"gam3r3OOO said:
"What about Starman?"
Hrmmm, convince me