FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By FoxxFireArt

No Caption Provided
I've been a member of Whiskey Media brand of sites since July of 2009. I've been active in comments and the wiki, mostly on Anime Vice. I felt that with the second Big Live Show coming that the spotlight should turn to some of the users.

I've been at the top of the Anime Vice wiki editing list for some time now, but I was often curious about where I stood in ranking among all the WM editors. I put together a list of the top ten wiki editors, and I was rather surprised to see I'm the third highest submitter. The top two Screened users have a good showing, considering it's one of the youngest of the brands. Giant Bomb surprisingly only has one user in the top ten, and Comic Vine has the strongest showing with number of members.

Note that these numbers only reflect the points the user has one the site they rank the highest on. I don't take into account if the person has edited on any other of the sites.  don't have access to those numbers. The totals were collected on September 5th 2011 at 4PM EST. Something I noticed in this research was that the majority of these users joined during the summer months. One joined in April.

Top 10 Wiki Editors

No Caption Provided
User Name: fesak

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Homage Covers5,328
Donald Duck 4,469
Huey3,790
Dewey3,783
Louie3,773
Uncle Scrooge3,457
Mickey Mouse3,350
Goofy3,348
No Caption Provided
User Name: aztek_the_lost

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Vertigo15,009
Lucifer Morningstar 12,933
The Endless4,171
Shade 3,116
Hell 2,260
Elaine Belloc2,106
Superpowers1,928
Mr. Sinister 1,796
No Caption Provided
User Name: FoxxFireArt

Top Wiki Submissions:

Submissions
Points Earned
Nami15,453
Monkey D. Luffy11,246
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion9,003
One Piece8,608
Knightmare Frames8,438
Pokemon 7,447
Black Lagoon6,797
Nico Robin5,593

No Caption Provided
User Name: mike20

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
The Babe Ruth Story3,587
Action in the North Atlantic2,899
No Pain, No Gain2,569
For the Boys
Impure Thoughts2,378
His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th2,339
Witness to the Mob2,256
Largo Winch2,186
No Caption Provided
User Name: Gort

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Battlestar Galactica8,396
TaleSpin8,325
DuckTales4,893
Boardwalk Empire4,712
Darkwing Duck3,786
Magnum Force3,649
A Return to Normalcy3,532
Club Mario3,424
No Caption Provided
User Name: Marino

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Interactive Achievement Awards38,358
EverQuest 29,088
EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark16,297
Norrath12,201
Launch Titles11,691
EverQuest: The Shadows of Luclin11,234
E3 2005 10,381
E3 20049,238
No Caption Provided
User Name: Superkitty

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Felix the Cat 1,192
Alfred E. Neuman1,147
Richie Rich1,110
Tarzan895
Casper 831
The Phantom828
Tom772
Jerry
No Caption Provided
User Name: Obsidian609

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Pokémon12,639
Pokémon: Best Wishes7,876
Ruki Makino1,987
Honey Kisaragi1,929
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl1,894
Yukime1,852
Digimon1,841
Izumi Orimoto1,821
No Caption Provided
User Name: Blue_Shield

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Mike Pellowski1,050
Volume 5843
Dan Buckley817
Joe Quesada781
Volume 1760
Volume 2716
George Perez658
Volume 4554
No Caption Provided
User Name: jloneblackheart

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Silver Surfer17,240
Galactus3,994
Comic Geography of Earth2,468
Thanos2,289
Adam Warlock1,596
Avengelyne1,450
Frankie Raye1,410
Doctor Doom1,384

These users deserves a lot of credit for the hard work they do in building the wiki database across every brand, and remember that these are just the top ten. There are even more people working hard. 

As you can see, the Anime Vice wiki shouldn't be taken lightly. Publicly, the staff haven't done much to try and make the AV users feel welcome into the community events. It was absent in last years Live Show, despite Tom's involvement; I've never seen the Happy Hour advertised on the Anime Vice main page, and there was no mention of the site in the recent survey. I don't mean to make light the recent work that has been done, but actions speak louder than words. I do hold some hope that with some of the coming events will change some matters.

I have experience in a wide variety of manga/anime series, I write both editorials and news articles for the main page, and I will continue to be an advocate for the medium and users on AV. They are a good group of user who want to be involved, but most honestly think that Whiskey Media staff and users hate them.

-Kristoffer Remmell (FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ animevice / @ FoxxFireArt

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FoxxFireArt

No Caption Provided
I've been a member of Whiskey Media brand of sites since July of 2009. I've been active in comments and the wiki, mostly on Anime Vice. I felt that with the second Big Live Show coming that the spotlight should turn to some of the users.

I've been at the top of the Anime Vice wiki editing list for some time now, but I was often curious about where I stood in ranking among all the WM editors. I put together a list of the top ten wiki editors, and I was rather surprised to see I'm the third highest submitter. The top two Screened users have a good showing, considering it's one of the youngest of the brands. Giant Bomb surprisingly only has one user in the top ten, and Comic Vine has the strongest showing with number of members.

Note that these numbers only reflect the points the user has one the site they rank the highest on. I don't take into account if the person has edited on any other of the sites.  don't have access to those numbers. The totals were collected on September 5th 2011 at 4PM EST. Something I noticed in this research was that the majority of these users joined during the summer months. One joined in April.

Top 10 Wiki Editors

No Caption Provided
User Name: fesak

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Homage Covers5,328
Donald Duck 4,469
Huey3,790
Dewey3,783
Louie3,773
Uncle Scrooge3,457
Mickey Mouse3,350
Goofy3,348
No Caption Provided
User Name: aztek_the_lost

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Vertigo15,009
Lucifer Morningstar 12,933
The Endless4,171
Shade 3,116
Hell 2,260
Elaine Belloc2,106
Superpowers1,928
Mr. Sinister 1,796
No Caption Provided
User Name: FoxxFireArt

Top Wiki Submissions:

Submissions
Points Earned
Nami15,453
Monkey D. Luffy11,246
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion9,003
One Piece8,608
Knightmare Frames8,438
Pokemon 7,447
Black Lagoon6,797
Nico Robin5,593

No Caption Provided
User Name: mike20

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
The Babe Ruth Story3,587
Action in the North Atlantic2,899
No Pain, No Gain2,569
For the Boys
Impure Thoughts2,378
His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th2,339
Witness to the Mob2,256
Largo Winch2,186
No Caption Provided
User Name: Gort

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Battlestar Galactica8,396
TaleSpin8,325
DuckTales4,893
Boardwalk Empire4,712
Darkwing Duck3,786
Magnum Force3,649
A Return to Normalcy3,532
Club Mario3,424
No Caption Provided
User Name: Marino

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Interactive Achievement Awards38,358
EverQuest 29,088
EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark16,297
Norrath12,201
Launch Titles11,691
EverQuest: The Shadows of Luclin11,234
E3 2005 10,381
E3 20049,238
No Caption Provided
User Name: Superkitty

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Felix the Cat 1,192
Alfred E. Neuman1,147
Richie Rich1,110
Tarzan895
Casper 831
The Phantom828
Tom772
Jerry
No Caption Provided
User Name: Obsidian609

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Pokémon12,639
Pokémon: Best Wishes7,876
Ruki Makino1,987
Honey Kisaragi1,929
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl1,894
Yukime1,852
Digimon1,841
Izumi Orimoto1,821
No Caption Provided
User Name: Blue_Shield

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Mike Pellowski1,050
Volume 5843
Dan Buckley817
Joe Quesada781
Volume 1760
Volume 2716
George Perez658
Volume 4554
No Caption Provided
User Name: jloneblackheart

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Silver Surfer17,240
Galactus3,994
Comic Geography of Earth2,468
Thanos2,289
Adam Warlock1,596
Avengelyne1,450
Frankie Raye1,410
Doctor Doom1,384

These users deserves a lot of credit for the hard work they do in building the wiki database across every brand, and remember that these are just the top ten. There are even more people working hard. 

As you can see, the Anime Vice wiki shouldn't be taken lightly. Publicly, the staff haven't done much to try and make the AV users feel welcome into the community events. It was absent in last years Live Show, despite Tom's involvement; I've never seen the Happy Hour advertised on the Anime Vice main page, and there was no mention of the site in the recent survey. I don't mean to make light the recent work that has been done, but actions speak louder than words. I do hold some hope that with some of the coming events will change some matters.

I have experience in a wide variety of manga/anime series, I write both editorials and news articles for the main page, and I will continue to be an advocate for the medium and users on AV. They are a good group of user who want to be involved, but most honestly think that Whiskey Media staff and users hate them.

-Kristoffer Remmell (FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ animevice / @ FoxxFireArt

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Aegon

Looks like Gort could become number 1 if he continues at the same pace.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Surprised to see two Screened Pups in the top 5 considering its the youngest site in the family. As for your remarks about AV, I really don't know why AV users seem to get so upset that they don't get any recognition. I know it sucks you don't have any staff outside of Tom, but Tom lives in LA and isn't in the WM office. That is why you have no Happy Hour presence. I don't think most people HATE Anime Vice, it just had a bad reputation in the past with all the adult content. Now that its been cleaned up, hopefully it continues to be good for what it is. One complaint I have heard from people who don't like it there seems to be that the majority of the threads on the forum are about very old anime (Dragonball Z and the like) or are RP and battle threads that people don't really care about. Many people have been vocal about the fact that it doesn't seem like a good place to talk anime.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Turambar

@FoxxFireArt: As much as I like anime and like talking about it, as seen by my own blog posts on this site, you're probably aware of exactly what the forums of AV are like. Within the first few pages of thread titles, most fall under the RPG, Battle, or off-topic sections. Threads that actually discuss anime are few and far in between by comparison. It makes it difficult for even someone like me to feel like being involved in said site where discussions of actual shows feel almost guaranteed to get buried and not seen.

That said, the WM staff, or at least the GB staff, has show, shall we say, an active hostility towards the site. I don't think I'm the only one that remember the bombcast where Jeff and Ryan both openly mocked the lack of editorial staff on the site. When the best thing WM staff members have to say about one of their own sites is nothing at all, and anything that is said is just ridicule, the company has a problem.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@President_Barackbar
@Turambar
I have been writing articles and forums talking about the latest issues in manga and anime quite frequently. Tom writes articles almost daily on some of the latest animes going on right now. GodLen writes articles ever weekend talking about the latest chapters of One Piece, BLEACH, and Naruto.
I even started a Dawn Island Arc forum to talk about the latest episodes of One Piece as soon as they come out. I just need people to comment so I can continue posting more. I also want to try and get more user involve once the Persona 4 anime starts in October.  
I even submitted a new article that should be up tomorrow on the front page talking about the big news coming out about the One Piece anime undergoing a drastic change. I would love to write more articles for the site, but I'm not staff. I can't afford to spend all day writing for Anime Vice. I'm not an official staff writer. I'm just a moderator.

Look at it form the point of view of the Anime Vice community. Just because they have no in house staff, how is that an excuse not to post the Happy Hour on the site's front page? It looks as if they aren't even welcome or invited. Staff openly say "Anime is for Jerks", even on Comic Vine. When Whiskey Media put out that survey about what sites users want more work on. Anime Vice was missing from it.  A while back, Kessler and Steve did a video they posted on the Giant Bomb youtube channel where they literally said "Fuck Anime!". If they don't hate the Anime Vice community, they are doing a seriously poor job of showing that.

Have you considered that other site users might be staying off Anime Vice because all they see is the staff ignoring it or mocking it? 

As a mod over there, I try and make new users feel welcome and I'm always available to help people out.
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Turambar

@FoxxFireArt said:

@President_Barackbar:
@Turambar:
I have been writing articles and forums talking about the latest issues in manga and anime quite frequently. Tom writes articles almost daily on some of the latest animes going on right now. GodLen writes articles ever weekend talking about the latest chapters of One Piece, BLEACH, and Naruto.
I even started a Dawn Island Arc forum to talk about the latest episodes of One Piece as soon as they come out. I just need people to comment so I can continue posting more. I also want to try and get more user involve once the Persona 4 anime starts in October.
I even submitted a new article that should be up tomorrow on the front page talking about the big news coming out about the One Piece anime undergoing a drastic change. I would love to write more articles for the site, but I'm not staff. I can't afford to spend all day writing for Anime Vice. I'm not an official staff writer. I'm just a moderator.

What I meant wasn't that there is a lack of editorial-esque articles. Tom definitely does a good job of updating things daily on the front page with a new episodic blog of some kind. The fact that they are of more recent shows now than when the episodes were from the 90s shows helps with the spurring on of fresher discussion. What I meant was the focus of the existing community of AV seemed to be elsewhere. If you look at Giant Bomb, yes, there is a lot of discussion of video games through the editorial staff. However, the bulk of it comes from the forum goers themselves. Its not the staff that does the majority of the writing, but the users. I look at AV and I see the bulk of the attention from the average member not turned towards discussion the shows themselves, but in the Battle and RP forums for the most part, and it feels like what my priorities are in terms of discussing anime and what the AV communities' priorities are are separate, and I think that's what keeps some potential members at bay.

That said, it is a fair critique that perhaps if more users got involved in posting editorial-esque pieces, the attention will turn. I'm on vacation right now with a lot of free time so I'll port over some of the blog posts I've written in the past, as well as finally write down some of the more recent ideas I've had rolling in my mind in light of recent shows. We'll see how it goes from there.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By mracoon

Nice write-up.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Wow I didn't realise Mike20 has finally passed Gort. Haven't seen Gort in a while, anyone knows what happened to him?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

An interesting and very well-presented post. Props to you and all the big wiki editors on the Whiskey sites, it's a shame we don't see more people submitting and editing content on a regular basis.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Brendan

Well this was nice, other than the slightly off the rails rant at the end.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By Hizang

Really good list, man I should get back into wiki editing, there are still so many unknown Banjo-Kazooie characters that people must know!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By ZombiePie

@FoxxFireArt: You know I really would have enjoyed this a lot more if you hadn't gone into yet another rant about Anime Vice. Can't we all just appreciate the work that everyone puts into their site and that be all? Just once, that's all I ask.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

@H2Oyea: He actually stopped. He was ahead of Mike20 there for a bit but he got hired by Screened as a freelancer and spends his time mostly doing that. His Gort account hasn't been used for months.

ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ethan

@ZombiePie said:

@FoxxFireArt: You know I really would have enjoyed this a lot more if you hadn't gone into yet another rant about Anime Vice. Can't we all just appreciate the work that everyone puts into their site and that be all? Just once, that's all I ask.

ZombiePie I get what you mean about that. Fox you've got WM staff behind you on AV. I love this post and any more you have coming along, the AV wiki has made a huge improvement this year through editors like you.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Legend

And here I was being proud of my 17,000 points.. fuck that. XD

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JJOR64

Great stuff.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eroticfishcake

A lot of ComicVine editors up there and that's not really surprising given how those comic people get really,really into that kind of stuff. Well done to AV too since their wiki really needs some work and some pretty impressive work from the Screened editors. Unsurprisingly, marino is top dog on the GB editors so kudos to him. There's less GB top editors but I'd just assume that the points are distributed over a wide amount of users. 

ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ethan

For those of you who are interested. We created wiki style guides at the beginning of the year for Comic Vine, Anime Vice and Screened. For a monolithic wiki like Comic Vine it improved the readability of character articles significantly. And for wikis like Screened and Anime Vice, the style guide helped spark and direct contributions.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/editing-tools/2761/comic-vine-wiki-style-guide/591783/

http://www.animevice.com/forums/editing-tools/35/anime-vice-wiki-style-guide/323210/

http://www.screened.com/forums/editing-tools/13/screened-wiki-style-guide/10708/

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dingofighter

No Tested guys? Oh, right...

Hey, I've got 228 points, I'm gonna get ya!

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By CrimsonAvenger
@FinalDasa said:

@H2Oyea: He actually stopped. He was ahead of Mike20 there for a bit but he got hired by Screened as a freelancer and spends his time mostly doing that. His Gort account hasn't been used for months.

Which Freelancer?
Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vexxan

The race to one million wiki points is ooooon!

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BoG

I remember when I reached the top ten on the site's list of wiki editors. One of the proudest days of my life, which is... kind of sad. I think I've edited the wiki twice since that day, ha ha. Needless to say, I'm not up there anymore.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By DocHaus

I'm one of the Top 15 editors on AV and have several thousand points on GB and Screened. Lord knows where that puts me in the general Whiskey Media hierarchy, but I don't think I'm going to reach a million before I get tired of these sites' wikis. Having said that, I just don't take the "anime is for jerks!" insults as personally as others do. Some haters gonna hate, not much one can do about it except to not be a jerk about it whenever someone asks me an anime-related question.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#24  Edited By jacksukeru

One day I will write that Morph page.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By Sooperspy

Not surprised there is only one GB guy. So many people on here edit.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@ethan said:

@ZombiePie said:

ZombiePie I get what you mean about that. Fox you've got WM staff behind you on AV. I love this post and any more you have coming along, the AV wiki has made a huge improvement this year through editors like you.

@ZombiePie:
It's my blog. I put the work into getting all this data together and making the graphics. I can rant about what I want to. If I didn't write about Anime Vice in this post. There was a risk some would just glance over it. I originally had that segment at the start, but decided to move it to the bottom. I want to advocate for that community, and you don't accomplish that by being silent.

If you notice. The fact that I mentioned it at the bottom has got people talking about it in the comments on every site I've posted this on. Most even supportive.

@Ethan
I know there are more Whiskey Media staff supporting Anime Vice, but the community more often hears from that "anime is for jerks" meme. They really think that's how they are looked at. I want to try and show them that they aren't hated, but I can only do so much as a mod. Hopefully, once Tom starts some more of those video features the feelings could improve. Maybe when the Persona 4 anime starts up. I can be something for everyone to enjoy. I just hope one of the legal streaming sites hosts it.

I'm proud how far the AV wiki has come, and that I've played a hand in that. I would put our wiki up against many others for detail and quality of information.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ZombiePie

@FoxxFireArt: You are W.E.B. Du Boise and I'm Booker T. Washington. Your community will get what it wants whether you scream or are silent. It's just all in due time my friend all in due time.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ItBeStefYo

GB mods are just more stingy with giving out points! Especially that ZombiePie!! ahah

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Only one GB user in there? Man, we gotta work harder! 

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FoxxFireArt: Just to be clear, Jeff hates that meme more than anyone. He's said on his formspring before that he hates how a joke he made years ago is being taken out of context so often.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By Yanngc33

Am I the only one to find some of the screened stuff weird? How do you get over 3000 points on a page without actually writing anything

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ZombiePie

@Yanngc33 said:

Am I the only one to find some of the screened stuff weird? How do you get over 3000 points on a page without actually writing anything

Well it's important to note that the wiki point award system has changed...multiple times. At one point you could types up entire paragraphs of text and only get around twenty or so points. It has been recalibrated to put more of an emphasis on text submissions over the previous favored manner of getting points images.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By Bigheart711

Glad to see this posted on all the sites as well. <3

Also, Question: Will GB obtain a wiki style guide, or do we already have one?

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zero_

STEP UP YOUR GAME MARINO!

@Bigheart711: I think it does have a guide - it's an oooolllddd video they do ages ago, but the video, like the wiki isn't as getting as much spotlight as it should for new readers into the same.

I'm starting to think now that a Tested Wiki would be pretty cool. Though, I'm struggling to find any reason for it cuz I know it'll just be a giant spec page....

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BoG
@ZombiePie said:

@Yanngc33 said:

Well it's important to note that the wiki point award system has changed...multiple times. At one point you could types up entire paragraphs of text and only get around twenty or so points. It has been recalibrated to put more of an emphasis on text submissions over the previous favored manner of getting points images.

I remember spending hours sorting pictures into folders. It was a jackpot for points. The changes have all been for the better.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ZombiePie

@BoG said:

@ZombiePie said:

@Yanngc33 said:

I remember spending hours sorting pictures into folders. It was a jackpot for points. The changes have all been for the better.

Well uploading images, the box checking system, was a royal pain. The original image uploader was, and I have no hesitation in saying this, the worst fucking thing the engineers of Whiskey Media engineers have ever created. I remember uploading hundreds of images and the system would randomly reject them and I would have to reupload them and have completely different images get rejected...those first few days were a nightmare.

That said when the drag and drop system was introduced for game galleries we lost some users who were big on image uploading.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Nice! Big love to Marino reppin' Giant Bomb :D

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#38  Edited By Little_Socrates

@FoxxFireArt said:

@ethan said:

@ZombiePie said:

@ZombiePie:
It's my blog. I put the work into getting all this data together and making the graphics. I can rant about what I want to. If I didn't write about Anime Vice in this post. There was a risk some would just glance over it. I originally had that segment at the start, but decided to move it to the bottom. I want to advocate for that community, and you don't accomplish that by being silent.

Just because you can rant about what you want to doesn't make it pleasant to read. If all the good Anime Vice users NOT posting battle threads are so obsessed with the concept of "equality between the sites" that they can't just let the content stand for itself, it's not the kind of site I want to use. Kill them with kindness and content, not with rants to start conversation. WM didn't include Anime Vice on the WM Survey because they don't have in-house staffers creating content for AV, and unless they get them, they're not going to start producing content for the site. Many of the WM guys don't like anime. Jeff and Brad don't give a shit about comic books, either, and they still have guests coming onto Bombcasts acting like computers are still $5000 to play decent games. The only sites that seem to get love from every staff member are GB and Screened because they're the least niche sites.

Still, glad to see the community for Anime Vice really is being supported by users. Puts hope in my heart for those other community-run spinoff sites.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By takashichea
@Little_Socrates said:

@FoxxFireArt said:

@ethan said:

@ZombiePie said:

@ZombiePie:

Just because you can rant about what you want to doesn't make it pleasant to read. If all the good Anime Vice users NOT posting battle threads are so obsessed with the concept of "equality between the sites" that they can't just let the content stand for itself, it's not the kind of site I want to use. Kill them with kindness and content, not with rants to start conversation. WM didn't include Anime Vice on the WM Survey because they don't have in-house staffers creating content for AV, and unless they get them, they're not going to start producing content for the site. Many of the WM guys don't like anime. Jeff and Brad don't give a shit about comic books, either, and they still have guests coming onto Bombcasts acting like computers are still $5000 to play decent games. The only sites that seem to get love from every staff member are GB and Screened because they're the least niche sites.

Still, glad to see the community for Anime Vice really is being supported by users. Puts hope in my heart for those other community-run spinoff sites.

I agree. 

Why can't we be friends, brothers, or sisters to each other? I'm a Giant Bomb and an Anime Vice wiki editor because I loved both.  
Use the preference button to filter forums. I admit I'm tired of Anime Vice's constant forum games and others.
takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By takashichea

I mean no offense to you FoxxFireArt if I side with Zombie Pie and Ethan. You were the mod I looked up to over on Anime Vice. 
Congrats to everyone!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Turambar

@takashichea: I definitely wish that'd filter things for the front page forum activity feed too, but oh well.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By takashichea
@Turambar said:

@takashichea: I definitely wish that'd filter things for the front page forum activity feed too, but oh well.

Me, too. It'll come in due time.  
For Example: 
When the staff and engineers heard the pleas of users who want to search their own user's galleries by their own galleries similar to searching a character's gallery, they made their promise.  
Besides, the people who work on this site are passionate and caring.
We have to voice our opinions.
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@Little_Socrates
Well, the fact that so many are commenting on the issue proves that I was correct in putting my comments on the page. If people weren't reading it. People wouldn't be commenting on what I wrote about it.

@takashichea said:

I mean no offense to you FoxxFireArt if I side with Zombie Pie and Ethan. You were the mod I looked up to over on Anime Vice. 
Congrats to everyone!

Thanks, but why are you using the past tense?
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#44  Edited By Little_Socrates

@FoxxFireArt: If your goal was to start conversation, I agree. If your goal was to make friends or earn respect for AnimeVice, though, I would've simply let the content stand for itself.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#45  Edited By KillyDarko

Great piece of homage to WM's greatest contributors-- they all deserve it.
And yeah, Marino's got our backs as far as GB is concerned! :)

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By mikemcn

Anime.... get off my lawn.

But i'm a jerk, those are some serious points you guys got, excellent work!

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Little_Socrates: Especially when you consider the fact that comic vine has a healthy community that is more or less isolated from Giant Bomb. It's not like G-Man and Babs are banging pots and pans to get people to go to comic vine from Giantbomb.

If people want to talk about the latest anime high school girl soap opera they'll head out there, if they aren't into it you can't force them...

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@Doctorchimp
Trying to claim that all anime is just high school dramas is about as ignorant as someone claiming all games are just glorified murder simulators. That's as if you are claiming games such as Dead Island and Dead Rising are the same games. Video games come in a wide variety as there are colors in the rainbow. The same for manga and anime.

@Little_Socrates
It's foolish to think you can sway a person's opinions with just words alone, but I can get people to at least talk. In my postings across all the Whiskey Media sites I'm a member on. I've gotten the attention of staff to point out that they don't hate Anime Vice's community and are supportive of it. I've been able to get many on the record showing support for that site. 

@President_Barackbar
I feel bad for Jeff is it's true that this own phrase as been turned into something he never intended, and I know you can't control how members use that phrase. But it doesn't help matters when you have staff from sites such as Comic Vine repeating it. It perpetuates the idea that "Anime is for jerks" isn't a meme but Whiskey Media policy. So, it isn't just random internet people misusing it.
takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By takashichea

@FoxxFireArt:

My bad. It's like last time in the Vicer Awards. I'm sorry about that.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#50  Edited By Brackynews

I approve of this epicosity list of lists! Thanks FoxxFireArt.

When I wear my member shirt, I know that AV logo is on there. And someday I'll get you and Tom to sign it.

@Vegsen said:

The race to one million wiki points is ooooon!

www.onemillionwikipoints.com CATCH IT