SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Being loyal to your country, family, friends, race, etc. is all bullshit
I've heard people say you should do this.  I can only say, what the fuck?

How about being loyal to doing the right thing?

---(for the record, family and friends are in a sense of your father wants you to marry a specific person and friends as in having to gang with your "friends" or else your going to have your "respect" cut off)

==== for those of you can't read:  Assassin's Creed's Story

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ekajarmstro

I agree wholeheartedly... if someone does something good or bad they should be treated appropriately no matter if your related to them or not.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

Or... how about being loyal to your family/friends, even when sometimes it doesn't mean doing the right thing?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422
Jayge said:
"Or... how about being loyal to your family/friends, even when sometimes it doesn't mean doing the right thing?"
Exactly. I for one could give a shit less about the rest of that, but if you would have no problem turning your back on friends and family just to "do the right thing", go right ahead.
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By weltal

Clearly you need to be loyal to your race who else is going to take you in when the Race Wars begin?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Jayge said:
"Or... how about being loyal to your family/friends, even when sometimes it doesn't mean doing the right thing?"
Don't forget the fact that the right thing is interpretative.

This got brought up when I was at school today in AP Government (last freaking semester!). 
I straight up said that I don't support the army when everyone was saying "oh teh army, how awesome".  Bullshit.  All they do is kill each other. 
I appreciate the support troops, but people shooting each other because they disagree?  Screw that.  I'm not standing proud of that crap.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
MB said:
"After your BS $1.97 360 eBay topic yesterday, I am chalking up all of your threads to attention whoring and nothing more. "

lulz, I was a whore yesterday.  But we concluded that you were the one that needed help in that thread.  You were just as bad as me (you said you checked when you obviously couldn't have in that time)
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mike
SmugDarkLoser said:
I straight up said that I don't support the army when everyone was saying "oh teh army, how awesome".  Bullshit.  All they do is kill each other. 
I appreciate the support troops, but people shooting each other because they disagree?  Screw that.  I'm not standing proud of that crap."
That "crap" and people who have been loyal to this country are the very reasons you enjoy the freedoms you do today - because men braver than than you put their lives on the line to defend your rights.  Think about it.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Snipzor
SmugDarkLoser said:
"MB said:
"After your BS $1.97 360 eBay topic yesterday, I am chalking up all of your threads to attention whoring and nothing more. "

lulz, I was a whore yesterday.  But we concluded that you were the one that needed help in that thread.  You were just as bad as me (you said you checked when you obviously couldn't have in that time)"
Aren't you a lulz whore everyday?
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24
SmugDarkLoser said:
"MB said:

lulz, I was a whore yesterday.  But we concluded that you were the one that needed help in that thread.  You were just as bad as me (you said you checked when you obviously couldn't have in that time)"
MB could have, trust me, he could have.
Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Steven

100% agree.  Being unethical isn't okay just because it's your country or your friends.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm pretty sure the saying doesn't mean not to be loyal to them at all, but to only be loyal to them if they give you a reason to be e.g. if your family wants you to do something that's completely against your sense of morals, you shouldn't do it just because they're your family, you should put your own feelings over any blind loyalty.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead

Besides loyalty to friends and family, any other kind of loyalty is just stupid.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
MB said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
I appreciate the support troops, but people shooting each other because they disagree?  Screw that.  I'm not standing proud of that crap."
That "crap" and people who have been loyal to this country are the very reasons you enjoy the freedoms you do today - because men braver than than you put their lives on the line to defend your rights.  Think about it."

bullcrap.  It's the people who were ethical and did things by their gut feeling that made this country.

Had america not done this we'd still be a colony of Britain. 
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Kazona

I am loyal only to the people who deserve my loyalty

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By BoG

Smug, could you please expound on your ideas a little more? You're making empty statements. What part of loyalty to these people is wrong? If you have a family, is being loyal to your spouse all that bad? What about your employer? Assuming in situations of employment and serious relationships that the other members of each group are loyal to you, do you not owe them some form of loyalty? Is that not just? Is that not moral?

Also consider our military and the troops currently deployed. They are not fighting because they disagree. It is a pre-emptive action to promote the safety for the American and other peoples. I understand if you disagree with the conflict, but please understand the circumstances.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayge_
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Jayge said:
Don't forget the fact that the right thing is interpretative.

This got brought up when I was at school today in AP Government (last freaking semester!). 
So if this is an issue with you not respecting the armed forces, why bring up friends or family?
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
BoG said:
"Smug, could you please expound on your ideas a little more? You're making empty statements. What part of loyalty to these people is wrong? If you have a family, is being loyal to your spouse all that bad? What about your employer? Assuming in situations of employment and serious relationships that the other members of each group are loyal to you, do you not owe them some form of loyalty? Is that not just? Is that not moral?
Also consider our military and the troops currently deployed. They are not fighting because they disagree. It is a pre-emptive action to promote the safety for the American and other peoples. I understand if you disagree with the conflict, but please understand the circumstances.
"

Yea, sorry about that.

Basically I mean when they're doing something that is just sick and wrong, you should not have to be loyal to them and support their actions.  I think that's maybe good enough?

Obviously you shouldn't cheat on your wife/girlfriend, but if they're abusing you (not necessarily physically here, just anything) you shouldn't have to stick by them and make excuses for them.  Same with politics, family, race should never matter, etc.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fr0br0

Well then you could go sit in that corner over there and cry to yourself because you won't have anybody to care for you if you can't care for anybody.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

read this post above your own.

I'm not saying be a total fuck.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gizmo

This is a fucking video-game website, go on Springer if you want to swear aimlessly and talk about daddy issues.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BoG

I suppose that is good enough, but really, isn't that just common sense? If my family is doing something I think is legitimately wrong, I should make my feelings known. However, depending on the situation, I should still love and care for those people. If homosexuality is considered a sin by my deeply held religion beliefs, and my child tells me they are a homosexual, should I cease loving them? No, I don't think so. I also think that, truly, you need to understand each person's situation. If you're married to someone who becomes abusive in the relationship, it really isn't as simple as walking away. There is emotional attachment, there still exists a love and a bond between partners that doesn't simply dissolve at any sign of contention. It is all a lot more complex then you or I can truly comprehend.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fr0br0

Maybe you should get new friends/girlfriend if you feel they are abusing you.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Drebin_893
SmugDarkLoser said:
Obviously you shouldn't cheat on your wife/girlfriend, but if they're abusing you (not necessarily physically here, just anything) you shouldn't have to stick by them and make excuses for them.

This statement could only be made by someone who has never been in love.
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By clubsandwich
Jayge said:
this.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gizmo

Sheesh, everyone needs to chill out and listen to Space Truckers.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Endogene

Ehhh what is this about?

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RetroIce4

Loyal only to people who deserve loyalty.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zitosilva

I agree that loyalty is blindness, only a fool would follow something he did not believe in just for the sake of being loyal.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mike
SmugDarkLoser said:

bullcrap.  It's the people who were ethical and did things by their gut feeling that made this country.

Evidently you've never heard of the American Revolutionary War.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hamz

Ok I am drawing a line in the sand here. If your gonna make some controversial topics, or any topics for that matter, atleast put some more effort into your argument and express your opinions better or in a more detailed and lengthy manner.

Just saying "being loyal to friends, family, country etc is bullshit....mmmmkay?" is well....bullshit.

All I'm seeing from you lately is "ok, what topic can I make today that will totally cause some havoc amongst the community that takes the least amount of effort on my part. And then respond to decent replies with smartass answers".

Seriously, sort it out.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Dude, quit making topics. End of story.

And loyalty depends on the situation.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
MB said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

Evidently you've never heard of the American Revolutionary War."
That would apply as not being loyal.

MB, do you understand history? lol.
If they were loyal they'd go with they're british ties despite their apparent mistreatment. 
Rivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rivix
Post by SmugDarkLoser.

Its sorry to see you don't believe in anything or have anything to stand up for. Life sucks I guess.
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shazam
zitosilva said:
"I agree that loyalty is blindness, only a fool would follow something he did not believe in just for the sake of being loyal."
I completely agree. It seems Assassins Creed has a lesson to teach, despite the bland game-play...
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Rivix said:
"Post by SmugDarkLoser.

Its sorry to see you don't believe in anything or have anything to stand up for. Life sucks I guess.
"
that's not at all what I said.
Woffls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By Woffls

Blind loyalty to country, family or race is, of course, ignorant. But, to most people, this and 'the right thing' are interchangable because it is these very factors that define their values.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Thrawn1

First off, this is a really dumb statement: Rivix said:

"Its sorry to see you don't believe in anything or have anything to stand up for. Life sucks I guess."

As Smug said, it's not what he said at all.

Secondly, Smug: what the hell? What was your motivation for posting this topic? I suspect that Rowr nailed it:

Hamz said:

"All I'm seeing from you lately is "ok, what topic can I make today that will totally cause some havoc amongst the community that takes the least amount of effort on my part. And then respond to decent replies with smartass answers".

"

And for some input of my own....hmmm. I don't think we've done a good job of defining loyalty for the purposes of this argument. Casual Loyalty? Intense Fanaticism? Please flesh out your position before posting it.