Do any of you have a friend who thinks hes always right?

• 55 results
TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By TheDoorman

I do and it pisses me off so much. Today I was playing mw 2 with him and when i stated my opinion that the m16 is a pretty powerful gun compared to others, he argued and said it was balanced and pretty much told me my opinion doesn't matter.  

So I told him to go fuck himself and I shut off my xbox because he wanted to start an argument with me cause of my opinion.   

Any of you have doushebags as friends? 

Just thought I'd vent, you know because im not about to go back on xbox with that doushe. 

Edit: By the way i wasn't complaining that I got killed by an m16, but in the game i was playing i had killed 2 people with a 3 shot burst. Just to clarify because I don't hate the m16, for all you m16 user's out there.    
TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheDoorman

I do and it pisses me off so much. Today I was playing mw 2 with him and when i stated my opinion that the m16 is a pretty powerful gun compared to others, he argued and said it was balanced and pretty much told me my opinion doesn't matter.  

So I told him to go fuck himself and I shut off my xbox because he wanted to start an argument with me cause of my opinion.   

Any of you have doushebags as friends? 

Just thought I'd vent, you know because im not about to go back on xbox with that doushe. 

Edit: By the way i wasn't complaining that I got killed by an m16, but in the game i was playing i had killed 2 people with a 3 shot burst. Just to clarify because I don't hate the m16, for all you m16 user's out there.    
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

No, you're wrong dude. Accept it. Some people are just smarter than other. Once again, you're wrong and I'm right, just clarifying.

Btw I hate people that think they're always right, but I don't know anybody like that.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

I have close friends and then people I consider 'buddies', people who are friends, but I am not too close with. 
None of my close friends are like that, but I can recall a few arguments with a buddy of mine in specific. 
It does get very annoying, but you just gotta deal with it or move on.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten

I know douchebags yes. 
I would never go so far as to call them "friends". 
I find it wrong to pick douchebags as friends. 

I just laugh at them and then ignore those kind of people. 
They're not worth listening too

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Cerza

I know some people like that. I can't stand them as they are impossible to reason with.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Red12b

I am always right, Even when I'm wrong, * Paradox* 
OH-SHI

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Jayzilla

besides me? no.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ahriman22

Yes, but I won't name names because he may be lurking here at this very moment.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

*raises hand, points it at self*

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

yes, i have a friend who thinks his right but is wrong. he thinks that HDMI upgrades the graphics a lot when in 720p compared to component 720p. they are both the same thing when in 720p.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake

None of my friends are like that. Maybe because I'm him. I just do it for a laugh though I don't take it seriously and nor do they. Just be sarcastic towards them, that's the best way to deal with them from my experience anyway.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

Lesson learned, douchebags are annoying
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

No, I only have friends who I can stand.

Rirobuge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rirobuge

You know, I thought I was wrong once.... I was wrong.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By oldschool

No, but I know a whole forum site full of them  ^-^

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Bigandtasty
@oldschool said:
" No, but I know a whole forum site full of them  ^-^ "
Facebook political debates?
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a friend like that, but my brother is like that and some fools I used to go to school with were like that.  Annoys the shit out of me.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

I have a friend that often hangs out with a friend like that. Not only is he always right but he thinks he knows everything. The problem with that is... 3/4 of the stuff he says is untrue. And when you point out flaws in his story he always falls back and makes up another lie to make him seem like he was in the right. I just wanna hit him... Why can't you admit your wrong for once? I'm stubborn and I often argue but at least I admit when I'm wrong...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By CL60

Yes

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oldschool
@Bigandtasty said:
" @oldschool said:
Facebook political debates? "
No, I thought I was being clever and obvious - here: Giantbomb. 

Just go into any political or religious debate, or hell, any thread  ^-^   
(I am no better than anyone else on this)
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bigandtasty
@oldschool: Nah, I knew what you meant, I just wanted to bring up the example of the most argumentative place I could think of to show how GB is usually pretty cool (although yes politics/religion can get dicey, but it always does anywhere)
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldschool
@Bigandtasty said:
" @oldschool: Nah, I knew what you meant, I just wanted to bring up the example of the most argumentative place I could think of to show how GB is usually pretty cool (although yes politics/religion can get dicey, but it always does anywhere) "
I can't argue with that, 'cause you are always right  ^-^ 

Preaching to the converted  sucks ass just as much as a single minded person though.  I love a good debate and even if I stick to my line, doesn't mean I didn't learn something new.  It is the people so invested in their position who get upset and move to abuse that are the only problem.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An old mate of mine was incredibly cocky, had done everything and always knew the answer to everything... but he was a nice guy under all that so it was worth overlooking.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By toowalrus

In this case, it sounds like you're being a whiny douche-bag, and he's just like "dude, it's fine, shut-up, I'm playing Modern Warfare"

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CandleJakk
@TheDoorman said:
" I do and it pisses me off so much. Today I was playing mw 2 with him and when i stated my opinion that the m16 is a pretty powerful gun compared to others, he argued and said it was balanced and pretty much told me my opinion doesn't matter.  So I told him to go fuck himself and I shut off my xbox because he wanted to start an argument with me cause of my opinion.    Any of you have doushebags as friends?  Just thought I'd vent, you know because im not about to go back on xbox with that doushe. "
You sound as much, if not, a bigger douchebag than your friend based on your reaction to his statement. For all we know, he was about to make a well reasoned argument against your view, but now we'll never know.

Also, I use an M16, and also snipe a lot. The M16 is well balanced. It is powerful, but you need to be really accurate with it to be properly effective. For example, it you were playin CoD4 on Vacant, and came across say, 3 or 4 opponents in the corridor, you may get one, maybe 2 if you're good, before getting gunned down by usually (in my experience) triple shotgun or RPD fire.

As a general rule with M16, miss once, you stand a much better chance of dieing than your opponent, unless you have a really good trigger finger. The only thing that made it unbalance in CoD4 was that it was the first weapon you could use.
spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By spacetrucking

Everyone knows somebody who thinks he/she is always right. If you don't, then you're that guy.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@oldschool said:
ZING!
CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CowMuffins

I have a friend that is like that, he will fight with you tooth and nail trying to prove that he's right. Most of the time he is, but others times when he clearly isn't he starts realizing he's wrong and jokingly states his point more and more. You can tell you've won the argument, but he never says he's wrong.

Tarakun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tarakun

I have a few friends who are just completely full of themselves. I can't believe they don't get that they are doing it. They both brag about everything like they're awesome at it even if they are just ok (or even bad). One of them wants me to reactivate my WoW so I can transfer to his server and heal for him. I'm still trying to find a way to say "No, because you are a douchebag," politely. 

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dragon_Fire

Yes And it is Fucking annoying.

Amberella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Amberella

I have lots of friends like that. xD Although they're mostly girls who think they know everything when they don't. Makes me laugh sometimes. Most times, it just annoys the heck out of me.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By imhuntad

I don't have friends, because in times of war they can be tortured and give valuable secrets about you. Anyone know where that's from? lol, it's not word for word, but you get the idea.

Seriously though, I pick and choose who my friends are and who are simply acquaintances. 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By oldschool

The worst type is "the liar".  The ones that even when confronted with absolute, irrefutable, photographic - whatever - evidence does not even blink.  They just continue on.  They are not that common, but man, they make you angry. 

I am a logic based individual.  I don't really care for emotions in discussions of fact.  I remember a long time ago, when I was about 14, and I pointed out to my mother's husband that a team could win a match (in this case football) and their percentage (scores for and against as a percentage) can go lower.  He stated that if you win, it can only go up.  So I made up a mathematical diagram to prove my point and faced with that evidence, he refused to concede that he was wrong.  That just ended up in a fight.  Part of it was due to an adult refusing to accept that a child could prove him wrong. 

That really gets me cross.  I am actually proud of my kids when they prove me wrong.  I accept that I don't know everything and somethings I know are based on a mistaken memory or just plain ignorance.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RetroIce4

Me. I still do it, but I try not to. I had this one friend that always argued like he was right. Such a punk-ass. He even told me to let him win the conversation because I was proving him wrong and I just laughed in his face.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#35  Edited By rjayb89

I do that ironically.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#36  Edited By Claude

I will argue with the wall if no one is around.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By artofwar420

I used to, then we had sort of an epic fight, in which I made a huge dent in his garage door, with my fist, we're no longer friends.

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Korone
@CL60 said:
" Yes "
You son of a bitch.
TyphoonSwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TyphoonSwell

Yes...

Uggghh....

Although it does make it all the more satisfying when I prove him wrong.

Hohehehe....

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It's only natural. Most people think they are right most of the time; otherwise, they wouldn't think the way they do.

If you think otherwise, you are fucking wrong.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Godwind

I'm always right.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

i would be that friend

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By CL60
@Korone said:
" @CL60 said:
" Yes "
You son of a bitch. "
;)
bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By bonbolapti

I'm that friend. 
But I only really say anything when I know I'm right. 
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45  Edited By Termite

The people I know that think they're always right are losers, and since I do not appreciate the companionship of losers, not my friends.

Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kblt
@oldschool said:
" The worst type is "the liar".  The ones that even when confronted with absolute, irrefutable, photographic - whatever - evidence does not even blink.  They just continue on.  They are not that common, but man, they make you angry.  

I am a logic based individual.  I don't really care for emotions in discussions of fact.  I remember a long time ago, when I was about 14, and I pointed out to my mother's husband that a team could win a match (in this case football) and their percentage (scores for and against as a percentage) can go lower.  He stated that if you win, it can only go up.  So I made up a mathematical diagram to prove my point and faced with that evidence, he refused to concede that he was wrong.  That just ended up in a fight.  Part of it was due to an adult refusing to accept that a child could prove him wrong.   "
Holy shit, I bet you're one of those who start to correct you when it's obvious you joked about the thing at hand.

Also I'm 'a liar'. Mostly because I find it funny when people start to yell at you when your face doesn't even move when they present their evidence against your claim.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By oldschool
@Kblt said:
" @oldschool said:
" The worst type is "the liar".  The ones that even when confronted with absolute, irrefutable, photographic - whatever - evidence does not even blink.  They just continue on.  They are not that common, but man, they make you angry.  

I am a logic based individual.  I don't really care for emotions in discussions of fact.  I remember a long time ago, when I was about 14, and I pointed out to my mother's husband that a team could win a match (in this case football) and their percentage (scores for and against as a percentage) can go lower.  He stated that if you win, it can only go up.  So I made up a mathematical diagram to prove my point and faced with that evidence, he refused to concede that he was wrong.  That just ended up in a fight.  Part of it was due to an adult refusing to accept that a child could prove him wrong.   "
Holy shit, I bet you're one of those who start to correct you when it's obvious you joked about the thing at hand.  Also I'm 'a liar'. Mostly because I find it funny when people start to yell at you when your face doesn't even move when they present their evidence against your claim. "
Then, you are not a liar, you are a shit stirrer - different thing.
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48  Edited By Skald

I am that friend, and I am always right.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GunnBjorn

Then they wouldn't be my friend in the first place. 
I hate pedantry.
Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

If you shut off your 360 in a rage because of what he said, you're not much better.